You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (HSBC Champions) Years Profit: -£130.75

Comments

• edited July 2012
    really like the keegster for this. what a quick year that was. had big robert karllson backed in this last year and he wasnt going too bad but on the friday night my old man says keegan bradleys the one to watch. he meant re winning the Bridgestone but i took what he said literally and promptly backed him the week after @ 150/1 for the USPGA when we all know he recorded a miraculous victory in his first ever major.

thats obviously the biggest weekend of his career, yet i think he owed alot to his demise the week before at this very tournament when leading with just over a handful of holes to go before plummeting down leaderboard to about 15th or 19th if i remeber correctly?

think that experience stood him in good stead for the next weeks shock win, even though he did his best to throw it away with a few holes left once again!!!!

as my favourite golfer other than Padraig, i havent been rushing in all season to back him again after that big win but horses for courses and a return to firestone and almost exactly a year when his golfing career was well and truly launched im expecting a big showing from him. dont fully expect him to follow up with a back to back the week later but i think he can go very well here.

will look forward to seeing what odds available and back appropriately. wont be scatter betting too much on this, maybe have one or two others as savers but think Mr Bradley could be the one
  • edited July 2012

thinking the 3 will be keegan, snedeker and Zach id be happy with those 3 over the weekend could go close again

• edited July 2012
    OK here's my weeks bets. Bell seems so confident over Keegs and he is 1 of my fav players so I have copied that bet ;-)

WGC

Keegan Bradley - 50/1
    Graeme McDowell - 33/1
    Nico Colsaerts - 50/1

RENO TEHOE 

Andres Romero - 50/1
    Brian Gay - 66/1

Brian Gay is my main tip this week. T28 last week after a closing round of 66. Pretty weak field over there this week.
  • edited August 2012
    Wasn't gonna bother but for interest backed;D.Johnson,Fowler,Rose,Watson and Watney £4 each 33/1 all bar Watney who was 66/1 I think.All 5 are Steve Palmers picks from the post cos i'm lazy.
  • edited August 2012

BRIDGESTONE OUTRIGHT

Keegan Bradley 50/1  £10 e/w
    Bo Van Pelt  40/1 £5 e/w
    Brandt Snedeker 66/1 £5 e/w

1 st round leader

Adam Scott   20/1  £10 e/w
    Brandt Snedeker 55/1 £5 e/w

had initially thought Zach but Bo's been playing well enough recently for me to keep the faith in him!

Will be avoiding the Reno-Tahoe like the plague considering im not well up with the stableford scoring system! Safer just to pass for the moment

• edited August 2012
    Just backing Donald this week

• edited August 2012
    LOL. Didn't know it was stableford points this week. Oh well, golf is golf at the end of the day. Best player through 4 days still wins!
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (BELL_POKER is on fire!) Years Profit: -£112.25:
    WGC Bridgestone Long tree-lined course this week at Firestone with relatively small, but very fast greens. I got my shortlist down to about 10 players. My first two picks jumped off the page at me. Rickie Fowler £3 e/w @ 33/1 - T2 here last year. Graeme McDowell £3 e/w @ 40/1 - Played well most of the year and will love the fast greens. Finally I had planned on Franceso Molinari being my final pick. Tee to green there aren't much better but i just always worry about him on the greens. So instead, Louis Oosthuizen gets my vote, purely because of his price. 66/1 is much more appealing than Molinari's 50/1. Especially as Louis is 33/1 with some bookmakers. He also has much more experience than Francesco at contending in the States. Louis Oosthuizen £3 e/w @ 66/1
    Posted by splashies
    Phew i won a flip for once. Gooooo Louis.
  • edited August 2012
    USPGA

Putting up my selections now as I kill time waiting for the Keegster teeing off this evening!

The old addage is never change your mind but my main tip to gain compensation for last year was going to be Jason Dufner but at the likely prices and whether this test will suit I've decided to go in the most part for experience, and those who have literally been there and done that.

Padraig, albeit donkey's years back, won at the Ocean Course with compatriat Paul McGinley in the World cup teams, and is one who will have no concerns over windy conditions and loves Bermuda greens. Again a leap of faith is required for the putter to be working but he'll shrewdly make his way around, hopefully for the 4 days and give yet another creditable showing in a major.

The next 2 picks have also proved a liking for the course when winning the aforementioned Team World cup at the venue, this time for Soutrh Africa. Step forward Trevor Immelman and Rory Sabbatini.

Immelman and Padraig also tie in with my theory that someone who has been off the boil so to speak can spark a revival and follow in The Big Easy's shoes of winning the open and bag another major, and same applies to Vijay Singh who I put up for this at the tail end of the Canadian Open after another impressive showing from the Big Fijian.

The final 2 picks have been noted on their final day moves of last months Open Championship, where windy conditions seemingly suited. Ian Poulter has had pockets of form this year, especially when leading day 1 of the Players no less and when majority of the field were dropping back 2 Sundays ago Poulter posted a very pleasing 3 under on final day in blustery conditions and is a dark horse for this.  

Which leads nicely to pick number 6, and last one (I promise!) Nicolas Colsaerts who shot 2 stunning 65's in between 2 very dissappointing rounds on Fri and Sat. Clearly his mentality at the business end can prove an issue if in contention, as lamely dropped off leaderboard on Sunday of US open this June but the talent is clearly there and an added plus that he can play in what should be the prevailing conditions. As proven by day 1 and then day 4 a fortnight ago, he seems at his best with the pressure off, and although I will be backing him outright, he seems just the type for a big first day and will be the only pick for first round leader when a market becomes available.

OUTRIGHT

VIJAY SINGH  125/1 £5 E/W
    RORY SABBATINI 200/1 £5 E/W
    TREVOR IMMELMAN 250/1 £5 E/W
    PADRAIG HARRINGTON 40/1 £20 E/W
    IAN POULTER 80/1 £5 E/W
    NIC COLSAERTS 66/1 £5 E/W

1ST ROUND LEADER 

NIC COLSAERTS £20 E/W SP  
  • edited August 2012
    wd all who backed Bradley
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (WGC Bridgestone) Years Profit: -£112.25:
    OK here's my weeks bets. Bell seems so confident over Keegs and he is 1 of my fav players so I have copied that bet ;-) WGC Keegan Bradley - 50/1 Graeme McDowell - 33/1 Nico Colsaerts - 50/1 RENO TEHOE  Andres Romero - 50/1 Brian Gay - 66/1 Brian Gay is my main tip this week. T28 last week after a closing round of 66. Pretty weak field over there this week.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    1 Down 1 to go! Romero is currently sat in third 3 points behind the leader which is pretty much equal to 2 shots.
  • edited August 2012
    Great tipping guys, been a sensational few weeks for Bell and Flash! MBN!

I managed to get £52.50 return on Oosthuizen finishing 4th.

Wp guys.
  • edited August 2012
    Well he got 3rd in the end. Nice weeks betting for me this week. Bradley returned £193, Romero £40 and then £91 back on the double!
  • edited August 2012
    Done my US PGA picks already.

2 players jump out at me this week with a mixture of form and odds.

Steve Stricker - 40/1 - I only tuned on late to watch Bradley's win at the weekend, but I saw Stricker shoot a 64 and the comentator said he wasn't playing well! With it being in America I think he has a great shout.

Nick Watney - 66/1 - Not having a good season, but last 4 tournaments he has been inside the top 25. Again his chances are better as it is in America. Players like Nick always seem to shine in the big events. 66/1 is very kind for a player who has so much ability.
  • edited August 2012
    USPGA

It's going to be one of the longest courses in major history this week. So driving distance will be key, also the winner will have to scramble well and get the ball up and down a lot around the greens.

Phil Mickelson £5 e/w @ 45/1 - One of the best in the business around the greens, 8th in scrambling. Just hoping he can hit the damn thing straight off the tee!

Jason Day £4 e/w @ 66/1 - Terrific record in majors. 11th in driving distance and 9th in scrambling are excellent attributes to have this week. Great price!

Robert Garrigus £2.50 e/w @ 150/1 - Has gone on record saying he is really looking forward to this event. He hopes it will play as long as possible, being 3rd in driving distance this year. If he finds form with the putter I like his chances.
  • edited August 2012
    cheers and well done splashies and flash with your touches. good luck with your USPGA picks. look inside your heart splashies and give Coltaerts another go you've been putting him up all season. I think this weekend, or this Thursday especially for 1st round leader could pay major (excuse the pun) dividends.

and although i do admit i follow padraig blindly off a cliff im really really keen on him for a big showing in this!!
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (USPGA Championship) Years Profit: -£77.75:
    cheers and well done splashies and flash with your touches. good luck with your USPGA picks. look inside your heart splashies and give Coltaerts another go you've been putting him up all season. I think this weekend, or this Thursday especially for 1st round leader could pay major (excuse the pun) dividends. and although i do admit i follow padraig blindly off a cliff im really really keen on him for a big showing in this!!
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Yeah I do have a soft spot for him. He gave me my first win that i tipped on here last year in China.

And i'll kick myself if he wins now that you've pointed it out.

lol I'm so weak. I'll let you know if i cave in.
  • edited August 2012
    Dustin Johnson   £ 2.50 e/w   25-1
    Hunter Mahan     £ 2.50 e/w   50-1
    Bubba Watson    £ 2.50 e/w    33-1
    Jonathan Byrd     £ 2.50 e/w   150-1

Also done £ 1.00 e/w bets on John Daly @ 125-1 and Alvaro Quiros 175-1 as 1st round leaders

Good luck everyone
  • edited August 2012

Snedekar  100/1
                                                                          Watney       66/1
                                                                          Coltaerts     66/1

All 3 players £5 e/w  Good luck 2 everyone who has a bet in this .. :)))
  • edited August 2012
    Very long course with wide fairways. .2 bombers this week, Dustin Johnson & Bubba Watson
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (USPGA Championship) Years Profit: -£77.75:
    Very long course with wide fairways. .2 bombers this week, Dustin Johnson & Bubba Watson
    Posted by joesman1

Talk about piling the pressure on yourself!

I too think he'll do well, he was on my shortlist, just felt Phil was better value at 45's.

Dustin Johnson ‏DJohnsonPGA

This should be a very good week for me... #JustSayin #PGA2012

• edited August 2012
    here are my bets for uspga steve stricker 40s nico closaerts 70s branden grace 125s i think an simon dyson 175 to 1 well ive cashed in every major an tpc sawgrass so im goin for the sweep gl all all 2pound each way
  • edited August 2012
    What do people think of these odds?

Woods,Westwood,Donald,McIlroy,Scott,Dufner,Johnson,Watson,Oosthuizen 6/4

The Field 1/2

Would have to check which Johnson they mean, I'd assume Dustin
  • edited August 2012
    What do people think of these odds? Woods,Westwood,Donald,McIlroy,Scott,Dufner,Johnson,Watson,Oosthuizen 6/4 The Field 1/2 Would have to check which Johnson they mean, I'd assume Dustin
    Posted by splashies[/QUO

Would have to go for the field at them odds myself the way the majors have gone in the last couple of years with different winners.
  • edited August 2012
    id picked my selcections this week revolving around course/weather for most part and advised that would be my lot but i too have succumbed to Dustin Johnson pressure and how this test is being rammed down my throat to suit his game from every social golfing media imaginable so have caved in and backed £20 e/w 25/1.

and thats definately it!!!!
  • edited August 2012
    Spare change in my account.

Schwartzel top SA
    Pettersson top Scand
    Rose top Eng

£2 returns £200
  • edited August 2012

Why is Phil Mickleson 50/1?
  • edited August 2012
    Why is Phil Mickleson 50/1?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Terrific value. Get on! I'm amazed he's hardly been mentioned (apart from by me) << maybe that's why :P
  • edited August 2012
    Because he is rubbish and keeps missing cuts!

• edited August 2012
    FWIW. I'm not a big believer of certain golf courses suit certain players. I would always take form over course style.

You have to remember these guys are profesional golfers, they play golf and work on their game 8 hours a day every day. If they have a weakness then they spend even more time on it or ways of dealing with it. The "shorter" hitters this week would of been working so hard on making sure they hit fairways and are striking their long irons and fairway woods and well as they can. 

Remember only the other month, Freddie Jac, he hits the ball all over the place, yet he was up there in contention at the US Open, one of the tightest courses they will play on.

I may be proved wrong, time will tell, but it's worked for me so far this year ;-)