You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (HSBC Champions) Years Profit: -£130.75

Comments

• edited October 2012
    OK so after the excitment of the Ryder cup ( and a break from betting for me) its back to the normal stuff!

I've gone for 2 decent shouts and a big outsider on both tours and e/w doubles.

Trouser-snake open 

Scott Piercy - 20/1
    Robert Garrigus - 16/1
    Brendan Steele 100/1

Dunhill Links

Martin Laird - 40/1
    Richie Ramsay - 40/1
    Lorenzo Gagli - 150/1
  • edited October 2012
    Brandon Grace cracking value @ 50/1. Loves links courses and in form - (won a small event last week in South Africa).
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (The Ryder Cup) Years Profit: -£130.75:
    Brandon Grace cracking value @ 50/1. Loves links courses and in form - (won a small event last week in South Africa).
    Posted by joesman1
    Great shout Neil. I'm at work so didn't see any of it, but WOW what a round of golf! 60 at kings barn can't be bad, and still got St Andrews to play
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (The Ryder Cup) Years Profit: -£130.75:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (The Ryder Cup) Years Profit: -£130.75 : Great shout Neil. I'm at work so didn't see any of it, but WOW what a round of golf! 60 at kings barn can't be bad, and still got St Andrews to play
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Cheers Charles. Work got in the way for me too. Painfully slow watching his progress on my mobile. I'll be able to watch from  tomorrow onwards. U know lucks on your side when your happy your golfer has shot 11 under inc 1 bogey on his 10th. Only to find out that his score was changed  to  a par 3, so finishing 12 under. It's obv' from the scores Carnoustie is gonna be the big obstacle to overcome. 
  • edited October 2012
    so far so good joesman
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (JT & Dunhill Links) Years Profit: -£130.75:
    so far so good joesman
    Posted by vaigret
    Yep so far so good Father V. Two hurdles to overcome tomorrow, Carnoustie, and Olesen possibly going low at Kingsbarns. I'm waiting for the bubble to burst, what with a good bet up last Sunday, and bagging a free trip to St. kitts on the back of my mate winning a Caribbean Poker Package at Dusk Til Dawn last weekend. Just hope the luck holds up til Sunday night. 
  • edited October 2012
    Flush with bagging a nice priced winner with Mr Power (please note Skybet that the funds are ALREADY in my bank account, not 2/3 days later), I'm stepping in early to take their 28/1 offer about George Coatzee. (He is priced lower with the other bookies who have chalked up early). It was this time last year he started playing well, and I'm certain he will win one of the co-sanctioned events in South Africa before Xmas. But with him sprinting home on Sunday shooting 62, I'll take a chance he will carry that form onto Portugal this week. 
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (JT & Dunhill Links) Years Profit: -£130.75:
    Flush with bagging a nice priced winner with Mr Power (please note Skybet that the funds are ALREADY in my bank account, not 2/3 days later), I'm stepping in early to take their 28/1 offer about George Coatzee. (He is priced lower with the other bookies who have chalked up early). It was this time last year he started playing well, and I'm certain he will win one of the co-sanctioned events in South Africa before Xmas. But with him sprinting home on Sunday shooting 62, I'll take a chance he will carry that form onto Portugal this week. 
    Posted by joesman1
    I had a look through the field yesterday and he was the 1 that stood out for me as well! Skybet have him at 22/1 when I checked this morning. I'll leave it till tomorrow and see if he has gone up then.

EDIT: Just checked now and he is now down to 20/1! Hopefully he will go back up again
  • edited October 2012
    Well done mate on B Grace
  • edited October 2012
    Well done mate on B Grace
    Posted by vaigret
    Cheers Father V
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (JT & Dunhill Links) Years Profit: -£130.75 : I had a look through the field yesterday and he was the 1 that stood out for me as well! Skybet have him at 22/1 when I checked this morning. I'll leave it till tomorrow and see if he has gone up then. EDIT: Just checked now and he is now down to 20/1! Hopefully he will go back up again
    Posted by FlashFlush

No chance Charles. Stan James 28's to 20's ditto Paddy Power. Hills now 18's Lads' 25's to 16's. Not ALL my money lol. Managed to get on him 1st round leader with lads' @ 33's 1st thing this morning. Even that's now 20's with them. Hope he gets an early tee off. 
  • edited October 2012
    OK I've taken the plunge!

Portugal Masters

George Coetzee - 20/1
    Fredrik Andersson Hed - 33/1

FRYS.com

Vijay Singh 16/1
    Rory Sabbatini 125/1

£1 e/w double

I've done them all win only except Sabbatini. He was going along quite well last week until he pulled out because of injury. I'm hoping he stopped early enough and he is back fit enough to play. 

Vijay has been up there loads recently. He is only 16/1 which sucks but I can't see many other proven winners on form in the field this week.

Coetzee, well seems like everyone is backing him this week, hopefully he isn't aware of it and doesn't feel pressured and can perfrom well.

Andersson Hed, showing really good form lately and had a good finish here 2 years ago.
  • edited October 2012
    Backed Luke Guthrie ew in the FRYS.com @ 33's. And because I'm a dreamer put him in an ew double with Gorgeous George. What's happened to the other regular posters on this thread??
  • edited October 2012
    I think they are like the big time golfers. They don't play in the fall series. Not worth their time ;-)
  • edited October 2012
    Really gutted about last night! Rory Sabbatini was -4 through 15 and in about 3rd place. He then bogies 16 and TRIPLES 18!! Ends up level par. I suppose that's what can happen when you back a 125/1 shot.

Still got 3 days to try and get back up there though and touch wood Andersson Hed can keep playing well and win the Portugal masters...
  • edited October 2012
    Frustrating week last week. Both Singh and Adersson Hed were in the mix going into Sunday. Especially when Fredrik was -2 thru 4 holes! In the end neither of them even made the top 5 when my e/w double was looking almost GTD!!!

Going to put my skills to the test this week and only back 1 player on each tour.

European Tour

It's going to be a low score this week! The Tour record is held on this course when Els shot a -29, so we need a player who can make loads of birdies. 

The bookies have this as a 3 horse race with Dufner, Van Pelt and Schwartzel, but never can a 150 runner golf comp be seen like this so there are some decent odds out there.

I was going to go with Casey as I think he is close to getting back into form, but at 28/1 there is no way I'm touching that! He has spent most of the season in 3 firgure odds! So I've gone with some1 slightly out of form, but coming back in recent weeks (Including last week).

Johan Edfors 66/1

PGA Tour

I picked this guy last week, I was going with him what ever the odds. 3 of his last 4 finishes have been inside the top 15, with him yet to win a PGA tour event, he is long overdue a win.

Jeff Overton 25/1

Also did a £1 e/w double
  • edited October 2012

After an enforced break, i'm back to share my interpretations of the golf betting world.

Not sure this is the best week for an inspired gamble, but here goes:

Perth International

Matthew Baldwin - 66/1, In his rookie year he has put together some good results, in this field he already looks like one of the bigger fish.
    Currently 67th in the R2D, so will be looking for another big week to make the top 60.
    I'm also going on the assumption that with an address of 'North Beach road' the venue is coastal with the likelihood of winds, Baldwin is an accomplished links player.

Tommy Fleetwood - 50/1, Has been playing well for the last couple of months and from well outside the top 115, he is now 124th and closing in on that tour card for 2013. I like his odds of 50/1 in this field.

George Murray - 125/1, Going on his performances at the end of 2012, he was on the shortlist to win early in 2012, but it didn't happen, last week he showed signs of getting back to the levels of 12 months ago, perhaps he needs 9 months to find his game!

The Mcgladrey Classic

Charles Howell III - 40/1
    , good performance last week, before coming up short over the closing holes, holds the course record here, so current form and course form will hopefully go well together this week.

Ben Curtis - 50/1, quietly returning to the form that saw him win earlier in the year, if everything is clicking back into place, he is excellent value at 50/1

Matt Jones - 250/1, a player that pop's up every now and then from a series of missed cuts to an appearance on the leaderboards, pure speculation that this week could be a good week for matt Jones.

Good Luck all

• edited October 2012
    Going for an Aussie double this week. Brett Rumford 25's and Jason Day 14's ew singles and doubles. 
  • edited October 2012
    mcgladery

looked at last years leaderboard and picked a few first day low scorers then and have backed them for this.

1st round

Angel Cabrera 80/1
    Cameron Tringale 80/1
    Michael Thompson 33/1 (has there been a flood of money on me oul chum Thommo who ive backed a few times throughout the year? 3 rd in this last year but hes around 20/1 mark to win this outright and wouldve liked to have had more of a flutter on that also but prices in both markets on the slimmest of slim sides)
    Colt Knost 125/1  who was minus 4 on first day, the others all 5 under
  • edited October 2012
    Tis the 'silly season' for golf. Neither Woods or Mclroy are value as singles. But I'm having a dabble on the double @ 23/1. As back up I'm hoping Casey continues his revival @ 55/1 & as I can't see past Woods or Dufner in the other event it has to be Dufner @ 8's. 
  • edited October 2012
    I'm going to take early retirement for this season and concentrate on getting my BR back into shape! No more golf betting or Footy betting for a while.
  • edited October 2012

Agree with others that it's even more difficult than usual to find winners / value at this time of the season, it doesn't help that the event in China is being played on a new course to the tour, but with the bookies having a love in with the Brits, I like the chances and odds of a couple of players in the BMW Masters:

George Coetzee - 45/1, last 2 outings reads tied 5th, tied 6th, has good form in Asia, which I think is important, as it seems there is a group of players that regularly show up well in Asia and then there is those that don't. Course is said to be playing long and Coetzee can welly it!

Danny Willett - 55/1, you could write the same comments for Willett as Coetzee, even the fact his last 2 outings read tied 5th, tied 6th!

I'm on Each way first 5 for both players and the same in the first round leader market, I'm quietly confident that these 2 players are capable of giving me a good run for my money, on day one and over the 4 days.

I'm also on Alvaro Quiros at speculative 3 figure odds for outright and first round leader, I refuse to believe he can't get his game back in shape before the end of the season, if it happens this week, his strength off the tee will be rewarded.

CIMB CLASSIC

Over in Malaysia I like the 'Without Woods, Dufner and Van Pelt' market and am on JB Kruger - 66/1ew first 4.

In the standard outright market I've had an ew dabble on a couple of players I've been following for a good part of the season.

Jeff Overton - 28/1, I've been expecting Overton to pop up at the top of the leaderboard for some time now, Malasysia seems as good a place as any for Overton to pop up at the top and put 4 good rounds together.

Seung Yul-Noh - 22/1, great first season on the US tour and a former winner in Malaysia, 22/1 is a bit stingy but he has proven in the past that he fears nobody and would not be intimidated if he was going head to head with Tiger on the last day.

• edited October 2012
    HELLO is there anybody still out there following the golf?? Anyways I'm on Kaymer early this week because I don't think the 33's will last. He is defo back in form and a tremendous final round last year won him this tourny (and I was on him). Also backing Poulter @ 22's. He is also back on top of his game again. 
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Frys.com + Portugal Masters)) Years Profit: -£130.75:
    HELLO is there anybody still out there following the golf?? Anyways I'm on Kaymer early this week because I don't think the 33's will last. He is defo back in form and a tremendous final round last year won him this tourny (and I was on him). Also backing Poulter @ 22's. He is also back on top of his game again. 
    Posted by joesman1
    I'm still here Joe.

Kaymer's a good shout at 33/1.

Last week I thought I was looking at a couple of decent ew returns until my selections faded on the final day, so its backs against the wall this week.

Cometh the hour cometh the man!

It's got to be GMAC ew at 30/1!!!

Came back after a 3 week break with an under the radar tied 11th last week, GMAC tends to build to peaks and this week confidence is high with the added bonus of course knowledge and form.

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Frys.com + Portugal Masters)) Years Profit: -£130.75:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Frys.com + Portugal Masters)) Years Profit: -£130.75 : I'm still here Joe. Kaymer's a good shout at 33/1. Last week I thought I was looking at a couple of decent ew returns until my selections faded on the final day, so its backs against the wall this week. Cometh the hour cometh the man! It's got to be GMAC ew at 30/1!!! Came back after a 3 week break with an under the radar tied 11th last week, GMAC tends to build to peaks and this week confidence is high with the added bonus of course knowledge and form.
    Posted by TheDart

Gl Dart

• edited October 2012
    Sorry to those who have continued to contribute to this thread, I havent had any bet on anything for about 6 weeks now. I'll probably be back betting on the golf in the new year.

• edited October 2012
    Pleased I got my selections in 2 days before  Mr Palmer in the Post put his up. Last time he 'followed me' (lol) Mr Grace did the business.
  • edited November 2012
    Posted by joesman1
    Yay!! Looked at one point when Kaymer stood on the 17th I may have even got the one - two. Shame he imploded as it cost me 8/1 for the place. 
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (HSBC Champions) Years Profit: -£130.75:
    Sorry to those who have continued to contribute to this thread, I havent had any bet on anything for about 6 weeks now. I'll probably be back betting on the golf in the new year.
    Posted by splashies
    +1
    Havent been bothering cos its been on so late.Wait til next year.
  • edited November 2012
    Harrington in Singapore 25's ew Woodland in US 28's ew 2 singles and ew double.