You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited November 2016
    Few decent runs tonight but just felt short of making profit. I was doing well in the 7pm 22bh, got ITM with quite a few heads then had KK<AA for a pretty big stack to gg for about £55

No good in the 55 turbo bh, didn't get of to a great start and eventually gg'd with 55<AQ

Another good run in the other 22bh, that ended not far off the money with KK v QT on Q34hh Qo 2o with a few heads for £18.75

To add to the tilt, I found out afterwards from a mate that the person who bust me is actually someone who previously got banned on Sky and now shares his account with the guy who backs him. Extremely annoying when if I'd known who it was at the time it becomes an easy fold, but obv he's cheating and I have to play readless v him.

Really is infuriating when that 1 piece of information is the difference between a call or a fold at a tournament defining point. 

Anyway, rant over. Birthday tomorrow, will be back some point after tomorrow.

• edited November 2016

If Paul has credible evidence that this is true, rather than hearsay, send me a PM with the details & I will ensure it is attended to by the right Suits.
  • edited November 2016

Guys,

We are not going to allow discussion on the Forum about alleged multi-accounting or account sharing. It's too dangerous, as it is often the case that innocent parties get their name blackened. 

For all sorts of Compliance reasons, the outcome of these things cannot be discussed on the Forum, either.  "Compliance" is a very serious matter these days, & Sky Poker are obliged by law to be compliant.

If you suspect any jiggery pokery, you can either;

Report it to Customer Care

Send me a PM, & I guarantee it will reach the right people for investigation.

Preferably Customer Care, but if you think they may not appreciate the gravity of it, contact me via PM please.

Any further discussion or posts about these matters on the Forum will be deleted. If you suspect foul play, you have a duty to report it, but not on the Forum please, it can so easily be misinterpreted, & innocent parties come under suspicion. 90% of such accusations are unproven or just not true, but we do need to catch the other 10%, so report it, but use the correct channels please.

Thanks.   

• edited November 2016
    90% of such accusations are unproven

I appreciate Sky has tough job here. How do you prove it with all the variuos techno gadgets , internet connections and things to hide IP addresses. . its put me off playing in the past 
  • edited November 2016

A number of Posts have now been Deleted from this thread.

If anyone has suspicions or allegations about foul play, please report it to Sky Poker via Customer Care. It's that simple.  
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------:
    90% of such accusations are unproven I appreciate Sky has tough job here. How do you prove it with all the variuos techno gadgets , internet connections and things to hide IP addresses. . its put me off playing in the past 
    Posted by MP33
    Well they would not share that sort of info with you or me, as that would be self-defeating, so they are never going to come on Forum & say "this is how we detect or prove jiggery pokery". I think we can reasonably assume they have the tools to do the job though.

Some matters are simply impossible to prove. I'm not going to detail them, but it's not hard to work out that it's literally impossible to forensically prove some accusations. So in those cases, I guess they would use balance of probability, after weighing up all the available evidence, & speaking to all concerned, including the accuser & accused.

Many poker players think the accused should just be banned without any argument, but that's just ridiculous, & cannot happen in the real world. Imagine being on the wrong end of that, & being banned simply by hearsay when you are innocent?

The matters have to be thoroughly investigated, & "a mate told me" is simply not adequate evidence on it's own.

When you say it has put you off playing in the past, I think we need to keep a sense of perspective, & context. It's Online Poker, we are gambling for money, so here, & on every other gaming platform on earth there will always be a few wrong 'uns. They get banned, they get replaced, rinse repeat. Most of us could play an awful lot of poker here & never come into contact with a wrong 'un.

Every week, the number of Uniques (= different players) on this site is a tidy 5 digit number. It'd be remarkable if one or two did not try it on, but they all get caught eventually.

Hope that answers your questions, & re-assures anyone reading the thread. We do need to keep a sense of perspective here.       

• edited November 2016
    I'm very intrigued to see what I missed out on here...

Dropped you a PM anyway Tikay.
  • edited November 2016
    I'm very intrigued to see what I missed out on here... Dropped you a PM anyway Tikay.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Hi Paul,

Well I daresay the tongues will be wagging, so you'll get to hear. Sky Poker just can't allow that sort of stuff on here, as it all gets messy & finger-pointy.

I have received the PM, & passed it on to the appropriate Suits without comment. That's the limit of my remit.  I can assure you categorically that it will be properly investigated.

• edited November 2016
    I'm very intrigued to see what I missed out on here... Dropped you a PM anyway Tikay.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Paul

Not missed anything, really been blown up to be a way bigger deal than it was.

Too forum regs - one accuses the other of foul play in a back handed way and other guy bites. 

Was litterlely few lines of text from both :)
  • edited November 2016
    Fair enough Nuggy, all finished now anyway.

Had a few days off the poker cos we went out on Friday for my birthday and Saturday me and the family went out to a fireworks display but played a couple tonight and managed to get a FT under my belt. I ran pretty good from start to finish really, as we all do when we go deep in MTTs with 100s of runners, was really nice to have that feeling again of playing for decent amounts of money on a FT.

By the time we got 3 handed I managed to take the CL but it was very shallow by that point and the key hand was KJs<AQo which would have got me HU with a pretty big CL but couldn't win that last race, and bust shortly after. Ran very well to get there though so no complaints.

kalin689840001£852.80 + £235.27 Head Prizes7£66.30kawamattyz02£492 + £185.59 Head Prizes11 Lambert18003£298.48 + £101.27 Head Prizes8 
  • edited November 2016
    Hey all, how goes it?

I didn't really mention it on here but had a great birthday, just a quiet one with Emma but I'm an old man these days so that's how I like it. I got a new mobile phone from Emma (Samsung S6 Edge for those that care about the techy stuff), it's milesss better than my old brick, I love it, and I have been slightly hooked in by Pokemon Go (about 12 months after everyone else) now that I have a phone that can actually run it.

Emma also got me FF IX <3 It's a game I've wanted to play for probably 15 years but never got round to buying myself. I loved FF VII and FF X, and felt a bit let down by FF XIII but yeah 9 is supposed to be one of the best by far. Only about 5hr in to it so far but really enjoying it. For anyone who knows the game, is there a character in something else that looks insanely similar to Vivi? I'm sure I recognise him/someone who looks vvv similar is in something really famous but have never played this game before.

I was at my mum's the weekend just gone, the first time I've been there since my birthday so got some belated pressies. Got lotsss of running paraphernalia as they know I've been getting in t it and probably didn't have a clue what else to get me. Amongst it all was a Garmin Forerunner 230, a very pricey activity tracker watch. It's something I don't feel like I could ever justify spending that much money on but it is really good. 

Anyone else who has a Garmin feel free to add me (Paul Lambert). GaryQQQ, I took the liberty of guessing what your username might be on there after seeing you weren't on there by your real name so I've just sent you a friend request.
  • edited November 2016
    Request accepted. Those Garmin watches are great, the GPS tracking is very accurate in my experience, better than any smartphone. Though the built-in heart rate monitor in my Forerunner 225 is unreliable. You can see all my activities on Garmin Connect, but I use Strava as my main running diary, that's where I make all my notes. I have it set-up so that all my activities automaticly get sent from Garmin Connect to Strava.

Good to see you running well, in more ways than one :)
  • edited January 2017
    Hey Gary, how's it going? This is actually the first time I've seen your reply, I must have disappeared off the map before you had posted, and I aint been around for ages now. Yeah really loving the Garmin, tracking my sleep etc too. Emma loves all those kind of things and being able to look at stats so I got her something similar for xmas and she's really in to it.

Yeah slacked off the running over xmas tbh and did start again brielfy in the new year but the weather atm is just absolutely brutal here. I probably sound like a big girl, I don't mind going for a run when it's a bit cold, I'll get warmed up before long etc but recently it's just proper freezing and I just aint finding the 'get up and go' to brave those conditions. 

Do you just power through? I reckon I must have poor circulation or something because I always suffer with really cold extremities.

Hello again everyone, hope you all had a great Christmas and new year. Anything interesting been going on while I've been away? Sky got any trips abroad planned anytime soon? Are they doing Vegas again this year?

I've been dipping my toe back in the poker waters the last few days, just a few DYMs. Otherwise things are going pretty well, still smashing it with the sports betting, things are up and down with Lily but that's nothing new really.

I've set Leah, our youngest, on the right path when it comes to a footy team - http://tinypic.com/r/okwufo/9

And Nevaeh, my daughter in Liverpool, has been asking for me to take her to an Everton game for ages so I got her some tickets for our FA Cup 3rd round game v Leicester last week - http://tinypic.com/r/fddh13/9

I'd put off taking her to a game when she was a bit younger cos I thought the idea of going might be a lot better than the reality of sitting there in the cold for 2hr watching footy, I thought she might get bored etc but she absolutely loved it and was already planning what match we were gonna go see next before this one was over. Shame her first game was us losing, and it was a pretty annoying game to lose, we battered them all first half, the ball barely left their half but we just couldn't score. We finally score early into the 2nd half and within 10 mins we're 2-1 down due to 2 bits of sloppy defending. That aside though, it was a great day out. It's been ~20 years since I've been to Goodison and back then I wasn't overly thrilled at watching a footy match but I loved it now.
  • edited January 2017
    Hi,

What sports you bet on mainly? Any tips to go about beating sports betting? Seems pretty difficult.

Cheers
  • edited January 2017
    Hi, What sports you bet on mainly? Any tips to go about beating sports betting? Seems pretty difficult. Cheers
    Posted by Arrogant
    I'll drop you a PM on here to give you some details.
  • edited January 2017
    It seems I won't be dropping you a PM, at least not today anyway. Sky's PM system doesn't seem to be working for me atm, it always has been a bit temperamental.

If you wanna PM me your email address I could reply to you, if not I'll give it a go sending a PM on here another day.

P.S. Cracking win for Everton today :D 

Shame Man Utd couldn't get the full 3 points too. I think I've mentioned it in here before but possibly not. I had a bet with JJ/Dohhh I think about 2-3 games into the season that Spurs would finish above Liverpool (for a tenner) and the same bet again for another tenner but that Utd would finish above Liverpool. 

I can't remember exactly when we did the bet but all 3 teams had got off to a pretty good start by the point the bet was made (although Pool had been beaten by Burnley). Obviouslyyyyy as soon as we placed the bet Liverpool started hammering teams 4-5 nil every week and Utd totally lost the ability to win a game, but thankfully Liverpool have had a few slip ups over the last couple of months and Spurs/Utd have been pretty much non stop winning so it's gone from me thinking it was gg both bets to very much in the running. So a win for Utd today would have been great for me, but a draw still keeps Spurs on top of Liverpool and keeps Utd within catching distance.
  • edited January 2017
    Been having a little muck about on the DYMs the last week or so. Nothing major, just sat 4tabling on the laptop while watching TV. Doing alright at them so far

While I was skoping myself for that graph, I spotted a star that I didn't even know I had. Apparently I had the 19th best average profit in the world in 2016 at DYMs over a 100 game patch. Just a smidge behind the sicko Timmy. 

I agreed a good few months ago now to do a half marathon with JJ but we never set a date/specific race but tonight we agreed to do one with Pingu in his hometown of Swindon. Registration opens on 1st Feb so we're all gonna get signed up for that... I think it's in September so plenty of time to get myself sorted/ready.
  • edited January 2017
    Been having a little muck about on the DYMs the last week or so. Nothing major, just sat 4tabling on the laptop while watching TV. Doing alright at them so far http://tinypic.com/r/343radx/9 While I was skoping myself for that graph, I spotted a star that I didn't even know I had. Apparently I had the 19th best average profit in the world in 2016 at DYMs over a 100 game patch. Just a smidge behind the sicko Timmy.  http://tinypic.com/r/i52f6a/9 I agreed a good few months ago now to do a half marathon with JJ but we never set a date/specific race but tonight we agreed to do one with Pingu in his hometown of Swindon. Registration opens on 1st Feb so we're all gonna get signed up for that... I think it's in September so plenty of time to get myself sorted/ready.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Catch me if you can Lambert :)

• edited January 2017
    Good luck with the Dyms Lambert
    Hate them myself
  • edited January 2017
    I agreed a good few months ago now to do a half marathon with JJ but we never set a date/specific race but tonight we agreed to do one with Pingu in his hometown of Swindon. Registration opens on 1st Feb so we're all gonna get signed up for that... I think it's in September so plenty of time to get myself sorted/ready.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Woah, this is news to me. I was planning to antirail you both and throw rotten tomatoes at you.

Eek, I'd better get running.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind ------- : Woah, this is news to me. I was planning to antirail you both and throw rotten tomatoes at you. Eek, I'd better get running.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    Rofl, I dunno if you're joking now, I just assumed when you tagged me it was cos you were gonna do it too. It is proper ages away tbf, plenty of time 

• edited January 2017
    Good luck with the Dyms Lambert Hate them myself
    Posted by Jac35
    Not sure I'll be sticking to DYMs for long to be honest, still chipping away at them atm, still always gonna get back on to MTTs I think but DYMs have that niceness where you can't really ever lose too much in a session, well not in my 'sessions' which consist of 15-20 games, and I like that. 

Wpwp to JJ converting his forum freebie into over £1k last night in the £110 BH. I had 10% of him so confirmed having my biggest winning month 'at poker' for months :D

• edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------:
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind ------- : Woah, this is news to me. I was planning to antirail you both and throw rotten tomatoes at you. Eek, I'd better get running.
    Posted by EvilPingu

In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind ------- : Rofl, I dunno if you're joking now, I just assumed when you tagged me it was cos you were gonna do it too. It is proper ages away tbf, plenty of time 
    Posted by Lambert180
    Loads of donald traits going on here. 

Picking one miles away is just an excuse to put it off and eventually not even bother.

I thought we were looking at early 2017, and at the latest early/mid summer. 

Also the Swindon one is very expensive, I'm not a fan of that choice. 

When it was suggested I agreed to do it thinking it'd be a good one to do, but I expected at least one beforehand. 

Lets find something better, a more localised event thats about 20 quid and around April time. 

Get out there training both of ya. lazy so ds.

• edited January 2017
    In Response to  Re: Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind ------- : In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind ------- : Loads of donald traits going on here.  Picking one miles away is just an excuse to put it off and eventually not even bother. I thought we were looking at early 2017, and at the latest early/mid summer.  Also the Swindon one is very expensive, I'm not a fan of that choice.  When it was suggested I agreed to do it thinking it'd be a good one to do, but I expected at least one beforehand.  Lets find something better, a more localised event thats about 20 quid and around April time.  Get out there training both of ya. lazy so ds.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yeah all good/valid points. I'm deffo up for doing one sooner than that too and yeh Swindon one is a bit pricey. Less reason to go all that way to Swindon and pay a chunk of money if Andy aint even doing the run (I assumed he was) but he might have been joking and is actually doing it.

Deffo do one before Sept though. You say more localised... but me and you couldn't live much further apart so it aint gonna be local for at least one of us!
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind ------- : Yeah all good/valid points. I'm deffo up for doing one sooner than that too and yeh Swindon one is a bit pricey. Less reason to go all that way to Swindon and pay a chunk of money if Andy aint even doing the run (I assumed he was) but he might have been joking and is actually doing it. Deffo do one before Sept though. You say more localised... but me and you couldn't live much further apart so it aint gonna be local for at least one of us!
    Posted by Lambert180
    yeh by localised I meant like a smaller event with a smaller field and more reasonable price. 

I dont really care where it is, somewhere (flat) around oxford or swindon is fine.

Just get ready. 
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------:
    Less reason to go all that way to Swindon and pay a chunk of money if Andy aint even doing the run (I assumed he was) but he might have been joking and is actually doing it.
    Posted by Lambert180

In, was joking :P Will get out there when it's not negative infinity degrees outside. #SouthernSoftie

Going to a tryout for the local American Football team in a couple of weeks (February 11th). I was talking to Pat about signing up like 10 days ago, because he used to play for a team not too far from me, he was like "Yeah give it a go", literally the last conversation I had with him :( So I'm motivated to at least give it a bloody good effort.

Obviously if I enjoy it and decide to join the team, then I'll probably need to get in better shape to compete anyway.

In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind ------- : yeh by localised I meant like a smaller event with a smaller field and more reasonable price.  I dont really care where it is, somewhere (flat) around oxford or swindon is fine. Just get ready. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Swindon course is confirmed fairly flat by the looks of it, obv some undulation but they've avoided all the big hills.
  • edited January 2017
    +1 Andy, it's an effort to go and run as it is (although I do find it enjoyable once I've started) but f*ck doing it in literallly sub-zero temperatures.

Still grim to think about Pat, I know you talked to him quite a lot. Last time I spoke to him properly (not just swapping $$$ with him on Stars) was him telling me about his exploits with Columbian women.

Been bashing up the DYMs again tonight*

Won 13 of the 17 games I played
    *running really good

Numbers for the month are a bit more realistic but still respectable.

============================

I had a piece of JJ's action in that £110 BH he won a seat for in that forum comp that was worth about £100 too so about +£150 for the month. I'll deffo take that for me just messing about for a few hours for a few nights.

Bookie bashing going well,  had a few things go my way so I'm about ~£1500 up and have put hardly any time in to it this month.

============================

Having a total nightmare with the whole education/local authority system for Lily at the mo. The school, the local authority and every medical professional (and me and Emma) agrees that she needs to be moved to a school for people with special educational needs because the school she's in atm just isn't capable of providing the support she needs. At the moment she's doing pretty much nothing in school, playing with play-doh, drawing pictures etc cos it's the only way they can get her to sit in the classroom. So we went through a whole process called an EHCP (education health care plan) about 6 months ago which culminates in applying for the entry into a few of the special educational needs schools in the area. 

They got back to us at the time (6 months ago) and said none of the schools have any places for her. Annoying but I guess there's nothing you can do, so Lily just had to stay where she is until she could re-apply in 6 months time. Now 6 months on we are going through the process again to re-apply for all those schools so we had a meeting yesterday to get all the forms sorted etc and the person from the local council basically said she's pretty sure there are still no places so it's likely to just get knocked back again for her to re-apply again in 6 months time. Apparently you're not allowed to be on a waiting list for the school, they don't do waiting lists, so you just have to hope there is a spot around the time you apply (which is once every 6 months) which just seems insane. Even if spots come up, chances are it'll be in the 5 month window while you're waiting to be allowed to apply again and someone else will have taken it. Whole lot of rungood needed for a spot to appear just at the right time!!

Her clinical psychologist said there is a small pot of funding if it's felt kids really can't carry on in their current school but there are no places anywhere, to pay for them to be put into private special educational needs schools. That was good news until the lady from the local authority said that in our county the only private schools of that type start from high school age upwards.

So it seems like she's gonna just get bounced back for the next couple of years until she's secondary school age by which point she's gonna be milesss behind education wise cos she's not really learning anything at school atm.  I know it's easy to moan from the outside etc but the whole system seems to be a farce.

• edited January 2017
    Few good results in the FA cup this weekend. Unlucky Jac that a last minute goal stopped you getting the job done first time round, and Pingu's Leeds had a total mare today but it's always good to see Liverpool carry on in their current form :D

Also, the local team round here are Oxford Utd so I keep a bit of an eye on them, they've been on the up the last couple of years and got a cracking result against Newcastle yesterday.

Huge game coming up in the premiership for me, need Chelsea (and Liverpool) to carry on in their current forms and for Chelsea to bag an easy 3 points which would be a hammer blow to the bet with JJ, especially as Utd are at home to Hull
  • edited January 2017
    = I had a piece of JJ's action in that £110 BH he won a seat for in that forum comp that was worth about £100 too so about +£150 for the month. I
    Posted by Lambert180
    Now this I really don't understand.  Why would JJ "sell" some action.  I mean he won the comp and the entry was FREE  so why sell?  

P.S. The fact he entered a comp(at least TWICE) to a tourney he HATES is beyond me! 
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind ------- : Now this I really don't understand.  Why would JJ "sell" some action.  I mean he won the comp and the entry was FREE  so why sell?   P.S. The fact he entered a comp(at least TWICE) to a tourney he HATES is beyond me! 
    Posted by Glenelg
    Lol I can't speak as to why he would enter the comp twice when he knew the prize was something he'd hate, that's a good question...

As for the first bit, I think it's 2 factors (although I haven't asked him so I am guessing)...

1) If he sells say 50% then he can lock up a nice easy £55 totally risk free which is more than most will make when they play that comp, and he's still effectively playing a £55 tourney where he can make even more money. JJ has always played vv low stakes generally so even though he's ridic overrolled for it, he still sees +£55 as a solid result 'bink'

2) If he sells action then it forces him to play the tournament and play it seriously.  JJ hates these type of MTTs (and in fact most MTTs on Sky cos they are all ante-less) so when he's been given £110 seats in the past, and even once where he played a roller sat for the £££ but it ran on too late past the start time of the roller so he couldn't de-reg for the £££, he has literally just open shoved every hand until he bust. So I guess seeling forces him not to do that cos he'd never do that when it's other people's money on he line.