You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited October 2012
    No worries TinTin, we all gotta get by.

@MP33 - I generally play 8NL, I play 6 tables and you're lucky if you can get 6 full tables going at 8NL so I'm usually on every single one, although I work Monday to Friday 9-5, so do most of my playing like 9pm - midnight.

I had kinda given up on the Kings but I still think I can get in the top 20 (JUST!) and I won't say no to a free £30 so it's game on again!
  • edited October 2012
    Another sneaky hour of 4NL, only played 6tables this time. Another annoying session in that I started off getting in QQ v KK pre and spent the rest of the hour grinding that back. This time I made 40p profit!!! lol.

As I say, slow and steady wins the race ;) So I've made 49p so far today

Hands Played:     31,076
    Bankroll:              £329.87
    Profit/Loss:      +£117.84
    Poker Points:      240
  • edited October 2012
    going ok Lambert ) 49p - still profit +)

run golden

• edited October 2012
    sneaky hour? i can't believe you're not on 24/7 when you're off work, this promotion has made the site soooo juicy
  • edited October 2012
    Well I have 2 kids under 5 so it's not that easy unfortunately lol. It's like CrazyBen said when hthis promo started, it's the test of who doesn't have a life. If I had no girlfriend/kids, and no job then I would be grinding like a sicko like the others.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £329.87:
    Well I have 2 kids under 5 so it's not that easy unfortunately lol. It's like CrazyBen said when hthis promo started, it's the test of who doesn't have a life. If I had no girlfriends/kids, and no job then I would be grinding like a sicko like the others.
    Posted by Lambert180
    what ;)
  • edited October 2012
    I should point out by the way... I obviously wouldn't swap them for the ability to be able to grind proper.
  • edited October 2012
  • edited October 2012
    So tonight I could go back to 8NL as there were enough tables running, can't wait to be playing 10NL where it isn't a constant struggle to get games going. Played 6 tables for about 1hr 30 mins, and made a nice profit of £19.02

Another very good session and it's now my 8th winning session in a row. Could have been a bit better if not for a few annoying spots, but hey I can't complain. The only hand that really annoyed me all night was this...

As some background, this guy had just been open-shoving every hand and hadn't been called yet, so I snapped him off here, sigh at the river, but I don't regret the call at all, I'd make it all day long while he's playing like this
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Lambert180 Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £10.73
    EvilPingu Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £7.91
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • A

SlimJim1 Call   £0.08 £0.20 £6.97
    heidimacie Call   £0.08 £0.28 £8.75
    SQUIRREL3 All-in   £8.43 £8.71 £0.00
    darryn1973 Fold        
    Lambert180 All-in   £10.73 £19.44 £0.00
    EvilPingu Fold        
    SlimJim1 Fold        
    heidimacie Fold        
    Lambert180 Unmatched bet   £2.34 £17.10 £2.34
    Lambert180 Show
    • K
    • A

SQUIRREL3 Show
    • A

Flop

• Q

Turn

River

SQUIRREL3 Win Pair of 3s £15.81   £15.81
    Hands Played:     31,796
    Bankroll:              £348.89
    Profit/Loss:      +£136.86
    Poker Points:      328

Really good going in October so far, profit-wise and just in the last 2 days I've managed to go frmo 57 poker points to 328 so good giong there too :)
  • edited October 2012
    Well I've went from not even in the top 100 of the lower tier to 48th in 2 days. Obviously the jumps will be harder as I get higher up the table but I reckon I can scrape a 20th if I put the effort in.
  • edited October 2012
    Here to report my 1st week at nl10 went and update our profit challenge.

It has been a pretty rubbish week really, I'm happy with how I've played after reviewing my biggest losing pots and I'm happy that I haven't tilted at all. This all bodes well for the coming weeks.

nl10 stats
    Hands: 7,148
    Profit: -£18.39
    Win Rate: -2.57bb/100

Overall Hands: 24,643
    Overall Profit: £179.61

Here is a graph of my progress after each session since we began...

Im on 657 poker points for the month, so in the morning you'll be able to see my position and work out how far off top 20 you are.
  • edited October 2012
    When you said it wasn't going brilliant, I thought it was gonna be a lot worse than not even 2 BIs!! So you're still ahead, but I'm definitely gaining on you. Although I did lose a bit tonight.

Just finished 3 hours of 6tabling 8NL and I made a loss of £11.02. Pretty frustrating because I started off the session getting absolutely butchered, I got it in good SO many times and got outdrawn, then I won a few big pots towards the end and thought I was gonna be about break even.

Hands Played:     32,516
    Bankroll:              £337.87
    Profit/Loss:      +£125.84
    Poker Points:      430
  • edited October 2012
    with a £337 br why are you not at nl10 may i ask? 33 buy ins more than enough surely?
  • edited October 2012
    I don't wanna get into this whole debate again, but in short, no I don't think 33 BIs is enough. Not for me to be happy with the swings and not tilt due to losses and be comfortable playing my own game without fear.

================================================================================

Got another session in tonight which was a bit of a nightmare to be honest. I donked off 3 BIs to Ryan, a couple to LiamBoi and bits of bobs elsewhere to people doing stuff like calling down flop and turn with a GS then getting there. The odd cooler, and the odd bad beat (thanks Ryan! lol) but way too much of it was plain old just terrible play from me. Too much non-believing v regs and too much bluffing v fish... sigh :(

I did go on a 5 minute sick run of good cards/hands on 1 table though to recover some of it. In the space of 5 mins I got it in on the flop with a set of Qs v AA, then got it in AA v QQ, then got it in AA v AK. So on that table I went from £15 to £46 in 5 mins, and that covered some of my losses. The second half of my session I definitely played alot better after I sorted my head out after donking about and got in the zone to grind some back.

So I finished £10.71 down for the day which is a bit annoying, but I only have myself to blame and should definitely be grateful that it isn't ALOT more. On the bright side, I broke the 500 point mark so I'm in the money now lol.

Hands Played:     33,716
    Bankroll:              £327.16
    Profit/Loss:      +£115.13
    Poker Points:      516 (£4.13)
  • edited October 2012
    good playing you tonight m8 was quite tough tables at 1 point it was only me,you and scotty playin at a few tables lol i got owned a few times tonight and also little spewy and i finished 2 bi`s down but not to worry I will get it back.

also read earlier in your thread your goin for top 20 in the kings promotion gd luck buddy.
  • edited October 2012
    Cheers Liamboi, yeah I'm attempting top 20, I know I aint gonna get near top 10, but I think I could scrape in top 20 if I keep up my volume... I barely earned a single point in the first 3-4 days of the month, but reckon I can make around 2.5k which may just scrape in top 20, who knows!

Yeah it was definitely fun playing 3 handed with you and Ryan, even if it did probably contribute to my losses. Some seriously spewy stuff like me jamming my 33 into your QQ. Oh well, live and learn, and that's why I am happier having a bigger BR for my level, so I can have the odd night where I play like a complete donkey and just shrug it off cos it doesn't destroy my roll.
  • edited October 2012
    Another really sick session, think this was definietly the worst of the last 3 by a mile because I don't actually think I did that much wrong, I just got coolered over and over again. So 4 hours of 6tabling left me with my biggest losing session to date... £34.82

Sick times folks, but this is why I wanted as big as BR as I said originally, so at least I can take one of these on the chin and still be comfortably rolled.

@LiamBoi - Can't believe you had the bloody flush v my nut straight... you're so aggro that I'm miles ahead of your range there :(

Hands Played:     35,636
    Bankroll:              £292.34
    Profit/Loss:      +£80.31
    Poker Points:      647 (£5.18)
  • edited October 2012
    yeah vul in that hand m8 and your totally right I think most times I have a lot worse just one the times i have the goods I have not been running good last few days so need a bit of luck lol.

also I know you have a challenge with splashies you fancy doing a challenge with me for the kings promotion it might drive me 2 play a bit more this month i`ve only played 5 days and usually i play a lot more and usually over 1k but just not felt like playin much.

so im only on 508 so far and for top 20 i reckon we would need 2.5-3k maybe more depending if ppl keep playing as much as they are the now but i reckon it will die down later in the month apart from tintin lol.
  • edited October 2012
    Yeah I'm happy to do a challenge with you LiamBoi. I'm only playing 8NL at the mo btw. It's not gonna be easy but I'll be happy if I can get 20th in the Kings promo for £30 on top of my C4P.

I definitely agree with you and said it somewhere earlier in my diary that I think (with the exception of TinTin) it will slow down towards the end of the month as people get burnt out or in some cases go busto. I think 2.5k might just get in the top 20, and that's acheivable for me because I'm now making between 150-200 points per session.

As you can see above, I'm 647 so far, so you aint that far behind considering you aint played much. May see you on the tables tonight then.
  • edited October 2012
    just played a just over and hour today playing 8/10nl finished about £17 down  if i dont turn it around l8r on tonight will be 3 days losing on the trot aint good lol but but still in profit for the month im on 571 c4p so far.

but yeah see on tonight m8
  • edited October 2012
    Last night was another really terrible session, I posted a load of hands in a BBV so as not to clog up my diary but it was painful to watch. Started off sitting at 2 full tables (was on waiting lists for others) and starting off a new one myself, a guy sits down with £4, and manages to run SUPER SUPER good and turn it into £30 within about 15 minutes lol. I managed to win £15 of it back off him and as soon as he lost that big pot he ran off which is always nice. Wish in my first big hand with him my AK would have just held v his QT and he'd have probably called it a day there but oh well, the river binked for him.

Anyway, was pretty brutal all night, so started about 3BIs down courtesy of the HU, but then was doing well to grind it back, but it happened literally 3 times that everytime I got back to break even (I know I shouldn't keep track and I don't most of the time), I'd get coolered. I got to break even, then got it in set over set :( then got back to break even, then got it in with KK on QJx and he had QJ obv lol.

So I finished -£26.34 for the night which really sucks, but apart from the odd bad/tilty call, I feel like there's really nothing I can do about it.

Hands Played:     37,076
    Bankroll:              £266.00
    Profit/Loss:      +£53.97
    Poker Points:      756 (£6.05)

Here was me a few days ago feeling really sorry for TinTin as he was getting battered by variance and then it comes along and smacks me in the face :(

I hope your run improves soon TinTin and mine too!
  • edited October 2012
    you on tonight paul I could not get on last nite my internet was down was raging but will be on soon tonight try win a few bi`s and get my poker points up try catch you lol.
  • edited October 2012
    As if the last 4 sessions weren't bad enough, I have just had my worst session in my entire poker 'career' ever. People were just flopping sets for fun ALL night against me... Thanks for one of them LiamBoi, your set of 9s v my AA on like the safest board ever lol... don't wory about it, it was just one of many!

Made a pretty sicking loss of £73.44.. don't even know how that's possible @ 8NL lol...but there you have it. I'm not gonna lie and say none of it was due to bad play, some of it definitely will have been, but just so many times I couldn't hold for big pots... in fact I don't think I held for a pot above £3-£4 once all night. So My BR has went from £350 to £192 in the space of 4 sessions at 8NL!!

God this game can be sick sometimes. But oh well, brush myself off, I'll be taking a break from cash poker tomorrow night, then I'm at DTD for the weekend so that'll be a nice break, then I think it's back to the depths of 4NL for me next week. Not sure, maybe I'll give 8NL one more go when I come back to cash and see how I do on Monday. Obviously 4NL means my C4P is badly affected, but couldn't really care less about that atm (sorry LiamBoi lol but I'll still give you a run for your money at 4NL :p), it's all about the moniez.

Hands Played:     38,196
    Bankroll:              £192.56
    Profit/Loss:      -£19.47
    Poker Points:      859 (£6.87)

So a really depressing weak in terms of poker, lost 20 BIs in a week, have went from near £150 in profit to being in loss for the first time since almost the start of this venture into cash. But in the grand scheme of things, now I've stood from the tables and collected my thoughts, it's not the exactly the end of the world. I still have more money than I started this challenge with courtesy of C4P and that Top of the Posts game, and I'm still alive and healthy lol and playing the game I love (struggling to love it as much as normal atm).

Looking forward to DTD and a bit of Quasar!

P.S. Thanks for jinxing me IDCU by saying I never lose! lol. My losing streak started literally the day after you said that lol.
  • edited October 2012
    yeah vul tonight m8 we all have bad sessions im sure you will recover right away after the weekend.

hope you enjoy your weekend.

also regards the kings challenge im sure you will still give me a run for my money I need to catch up anywayz  lol im on 682 now and i`ve kept track of stats this months ive played 7 days (inc tonights) and played roughly 20hrs I really need to improve on that to get anywhere near even the top 40.

• edited October 2012
    ahhhh bad times are spreading, yesterday was similar for me to what yopu experienced tonight, i was really down last night. think that you are away for the weekend might be a big help to you, you should be able to forget about most of it before hitting the tables again.

even if you have to drop down for a couple of sessions i dont think it will take you much doing before your back.

have a good weekend
  • edited October 2012
    Don,t let it get you down. On my diary it was going steadily in the right direction until i picked a table at random to sit down just to dbl check my account by seeing how much i could buy in for -

It was for £98. Simaltous was sat there with £300 at £1/£2 ( Way out of my roll ) but got greedy and thought i,d try and steal a pot or 2 before running off like a little girl.

15 minutes later i was skint and only got to see about 1 showdown. Was well out of my leaugue, but quit there for the day and started again to build it back up over the last week

I know your going for this king for cash promo but i think to many ppl esp at low stakes are getting blinded by it and concentarting more on points than actual profit

I,d have a day or 2 off and come back fighting - GL

Ps - Theres always the King of the cash Freeroll for 5k for just 1k pts
  • edited October 2012
    You wally )
    If you find yourself 3-4 buy ins down then stop playing as it's not your night, or nit up - seriously !
    & don't get involved with reg v reg battles - no need - just distracts you from concentrating on winning money from the other weaker players at the table

but anyway you know you can win it back and poker is a never ending game so - good luck and have fun at the DTD )

• edited October 2012
    Losing 10 buyins is not that big a deal. I know ive done it plenty of times. Just use those days as motivation to improve.
  • edited October 2012
    and everyone laughed at your 50BI plan

goes to show what they know

i think its pretty bad to lose so much in one session. if its not going your way its best to probably leave the tables

i saw some quote somewhere once saying the great players know when to call it a day
  • edited October 2012
    also some hand histories would be nice so we can see some of these pots