You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited September 2012
    @ Dazler and Rancid - It's not supposed to be negative lol. It's just a little illustration of how much just one tiny little thing like that can affect your short term results, so really short term results are meaningless.

Cheers Geldy, I think I've dechiphered the message lol. And yeah, I think you've summed it up, the key is being true to yourself, and I naturally am not a very gambly person, so will always take the slow and steady route.
  • edited September 2012
    Well tonight was a bit disappointing... I got in my longest session for ages, to try and take advantage of Friday night but just ran horribly all night. Kept thinking it would change eventually but it was not to be. Quite a few coolers like KK into AA pre flop, 2nd nut flush v nut flush etc, a few nasty outdraws but the most frustrating thing was just missing every single flop. I played 6tables for 3.5 hours and I flopped a set either once or twice all night, got dealt AK probably 50 times (!) but missed the flop virtually every time lol.

But enough moaning, I did manage to win a few medium sized pots, and did manage to take down alot of pots by just c-betting. I was dreading checking my balance at the end of the session to see how much I'd lost but was really relieved when I saw it was only £10.86 which I think is pretty great considering how it went. I also took down a few cheeky pots V donk cos I know he loves to try and bluff me and thinks I'm a complete nit, so it's easy to use that against him...
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Lambert180 Big blind   £0.08 £0.08 £16.50
      Your hole cards

IDONKCALLU Raise   £0.24 £0.32 £8.92
    rainman397 Fold        
    Lambert180 Raise   £0.64 £0.96 £15.86
    IDONKCALLU Call   £0.48 £1.44 £8.44
    Flop

• J

Lambert180 Bet   £0.74 £2.18 £15.12
    IDONKCALLU Call   £0.74 £2.92 £7.70
    Turn

Lambert180 Check        
    IDONKCALLU Bet   £1.28 £4.20 £6.42
    Lambert180 Call   £1.28 £5.48 £13.84
    River

• K

Lambert180 Bet   £2.21 £7.69 £11.63
    IDONKCALLU Fold        
    Lambert180 Muck        
    Lambert180 Win   £5.06   £16.69
    Lambert180 Return   £2.21 £0.42 £18.90
    It's also nice to know that in what felt like a horrible session, I only lost just over 1 BI and I made abuot £1.50 of that back just in C4P, so hardly anything to get worried about.

Hands Played:     22,140
    Bankroll:              £274.77
    Profit/Loss:      +£70.52
    Poker Points:       643   (£5.14)

• edited September 2012
    GL Lambert and keep it up - 200nl reg soon enough with the person who's helping you ;-) 
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £285.63:
    GL Lambert and keep it up - 200nl reg soon enough with the person who's helping you ;-) 
    Posted by percival09
    Steady on Percival, I don't want everyone knowing I'm getting coaching from IDCU lol.
  • edited September 2012
    i had 33 that hand lambert i was floating the flop when u checked the turn thought heres my chance to win this but gd call on turn 
  • edited September 2012
    if ya got coaching from me u would spin it up to loadza money
  • edited September 2012
    I have no idea what you're repping in that hand but as it's not in the clinic I'll let you off, and to ppl who thought I was referring to myself helping lambert in my earlier post, that's not true.. he's gone with someone a tad better, just a little, tiny. bit. 
  • edited September 2012
    lol fair play tbh i wouldnt want coaching u can only teach yaself 
  • edited September 2012
    You 2 love each other dont you. 
  • edited September 2012
    why bet river, just check - your bluffing river with this line

and yeah Lambert, short term means nothing )

How many times do you semi bluff and win with a FD )
    How many times do you not go all in ?

such is life -_-

• edited September 2012
    have played a lot of nl10 this last week

would go as far to say it is almost easier than nl4 for whatever reason

the regs are more obvious and are robotic beyond belief

the gamblers are still there and make numerous mistakes

dont understand the hand you posted v idkcu cant see what you repping at all there tbh
  • edited September 2012
    Didn't really post the hand for analysis, more just for sh*tz and giggles with Donk. Got another one for you actually Donk lol...
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    nky_225 Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £5.02
    Lambert180 Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £15.87
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • A

IDONKCALLU Raise   £0.24 £0.36 £8.25
    rainman397 Fold        
    Brightie22 Fold        
    nky_225 Call   £0.20 £0.56 £4.82
    Lambert180 Call   £0.16 £0.72 £15.71
    Flop

nky_225 Check        
    Lambert180 Check        
    IDONKCALLU Bet   £0.40 £1.12 £7.85
    nky_225 Fold        
    Lambert180 Call   £0.40 £1.52 £15.31
    Turn

Lambert180 Check        
    IDONKCALLU Check        
    River

Lambert180 Check        
    IDONKCALLU Bet   £0.64 £2.16 £7.21
    Lambert180 Raise   £1.28 £3.44 £14.03
    IDONKCALLU Fold        
    Lambert180 Muck        
    Lambert180 Win   £2.59   £16.62
    Lambert180 Return   £0.64 £0.21 £17.26
    I've only played a small amount of 10NL but I'd be hard pushed to say it's easier than 4NL, but yeah easier or not is kinda irrelevant to what my BR can handle. If 50NL was by a mile the easiest level of the site, and I could completely crush it, still doesn't mean I would play it with my BR.
  • edited September 2012
    I made the step up to nl8 on Thursday evening. Since then I've had two break evenish sessions along with a +£30 session today. As less tables run at nl8 im sure we'll come across each other on the tables. Can't believe that we havent even been on the same table yet in this challenge!

nl8 stats
    Hands: 1,521
    Profit: £28.50
    Win Rate: 23.42bb/100

Overall Hands: 12,105
    Overall Profit: £137.24
  • edited September 2012
    You're either miles miles better than me or on some serious rungood Splashies!! Don't think I've seen you post a losing session yet that's been over 1/2 a BI lol. You've made twice as much profit in half as many hands! Well played mate.

And yeah, we'll deffo be seeing each other cos I play 6 tables, and @ 8NL there's usually only about 6 tables running!
  • edited September 2012
    Sighhhhh, as if I wasn't tilted enough after tonight, I posted up my results but Sky timed me out so I lost it!

Sick session tonight, I won't go into hands etc cos it's boring and I don't really wanna re-live it. Suffice to say, I thought last night was bad, but it was nothing compared to this.

Special thanks goes to you Rancid for rivering a straight on me after shoving the turn with 9-high lol.

Oh well, I guess that's what good BRM is all about, tomorrow is another day and hopefully I'll be less of a fish

Hands Played:     23,100
    Bankroll:              £242.17
    Profit/Loss:      +£37.92
    Poker Points:       720   (£5.76)
  • edited September 2012
    yea i thought 50BI's for NL10 was a bit hopeful by end of october due to spells of run bad
  • edited September 2012
    hihi, thought u had nothing - I was half right )

nice nut flush btw

gotta say just played NL8 because I never really played it, so I was just having a look

plays very similar to NL10, less regs and a little softer - lots of value tbh
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £242.17:
    yea i thought 50BI's for NL10 was a bit hopeful by end of october due to spells of run bad
    Posted by Pipunch
    Nah, one bad session (or two maybe) aint made me re-think that, I was already aware of the fact I'm gonna have periods of runbad, but also periods when I rungood too and win more than I should.

For me to get to 50BIs @ 10NL is still only 32 BIs at 8NL, I think with September and October combined, I'll have made at least 2-3 BIs just from C4P, so that leaves me 29 BIs to win in 38 days. I think it's very do-able with the volumes I play.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £274.77:
    You're either miles miles better than me or on some serious rungood Splashies!! Don't think I've seen you post a losing session yet that's been over 1/2 a BI lol. You've made twice as much profit in half as many hands! Well played mate. And yeah, we'll deffo be seeing each other cos I play 6 tables, and @ 8NL there's usually only about 6 tables running!
    Posted by Lambert180

lol yeh worst losing day has been 6 quid, 1.5 BI's at nl4. I have been shocked at how easy players at this level stack off or spew. 

But yeh I must be running v good at the minute. I'm preparing for a hammering tonight now :(
  • edited September 2012
    i'll go on record then as saying that in a month from now (give or take a week) you won't have £500 playing 4nl. not gonna happen unless you run like jesus
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £242.17:
    i'll go on record then as saying that in a month from now (give or take a week) you won't have £500 playing 4nl. not gonna happen unless you run like jesus
    Posted by Pipunch
    Well that's a bold statement, seen as I aint playing 4NL anymore lol.

I've been playing 8NL recently and will continue to do so unless things go badly. That's why I said in my last posts, it's only 32 BIs and 2-3 of them will come from C4P, so about 29 BIs in 30-odd days. Still no easy feat, but definitely do-able, if I play well and get the volume in. Obviously if it was
  • edited September 2012
    are you preuly cash player or do you do the odd bankroll appropriate MTT/DYM as well?
  • edited September 2012
    are you preuly cash player or do you do the odd bankroll appropriate MTT/DYM as well?
    Posted by luvBWFC
    Well up until about 5 weeks ago, I was just doing a bit of everything, cash, MTTs, HU SnGs, DYMs, whatever. Since then I've only been playing cash, but I won't stop playing the other formats forever. I'm staying away from other games at the moment, because I know cash is the place I can make the most consistent profit and I don't want anything to be stunting my BR growth in the early days.

As it grows, I'll start up playing the other games I enjoy too.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £242.17 : Well that's a bold statement, seen as I aint playing 4NL anymore lol. I've been playing 8NL recently and will continue to do so unless things go badly. That's why I said in my last posts, it's only 32 BIs and 2-3 of them will come from C4P, so about 29 BIs in 30-odd days. Still no easy feat, but definitely do-able, if I play well and get the volume in. Obviously if it was
    Posted by Lambert180
    so for month one you broke even (or made a loss, can't remember), month two is nearly up and you've won less than £40, and month three you expect to win £258? not trying to be a buzz killington it just seems like a big ask
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £242.17 : so for month one you broke even (or made a loss, can't remember), month two is nearly up and you've won less than £40, and month three you expect to win £258? not trying to be a buzz killington it just seems like a big ask
    Posted by Pipunch
    Well for one, there hasn't even been a month two yet lol, I started playing cash again in mid-August, so it's been just over 1 month, and granted I've only made £40 but that was twice that until the last brutal session. That's not making an excuse, but we're all gonna get horrible sessions and we're all gonna get ones where we make alot more than we can reasonably expect to make on average. Also my profit in my stats, is profit purely from winning/losing, I haven't included my C4P in that, so there was another £7 earned between like 13th Aug (when I started) and the end of Aug just in C4P.

On top of that, the £80 profit made was @ 4NL, so considering the player standard is virtually identical, there's no reason why the same amount of volume at 8NL couldn't be £160 profit because it's just as soft.

To be honest, I'm not saying I'll definitely do it, or I wont, and I'm not even gonna be too bothered if I don't. I don't like setting proper financial targets because they are completely out of your hands, that was more just an estimate of where I think I will be, but no worries if I'm over or under.
  • edited September 2012
    fair do's, you'll get there cause the micros on here are so weak it's unreal. i think NL4 on Sky is the weakest game of NLHE online imo, but it can still be tough to build up short term cause of the inevitable suck outs and whatnot, like you've just seen losing 50% of your profit whilst doing nowt wrong
  • edited September 2012
    i think 10 nl is easier then 4 nl i think 10 nl is the softest ever and i think 20 nl is not that hard to beat just avoid the regs on 20nl and ya beat that aswell 
  • edited September 2012
    i think 10 nl is easier then 4 nl i think 10 nl is the softest ever and i think 20 nl is not that hard to beat just avoid the regs on 20nl and ya beat that aswell 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    YOU.

ARE.

MENTAL !
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £242.17 : YOU. ARE. MENTAL !
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Wrong*

The easiest game will always be the ones where players call too much pre flop with junk hands and stack off with terrible hands. There's no way you can possibly say people stack off lighter at 10NL than 4NL.
  • edited September 2012
    Right, to get this back on point a bit as a diary, here's a general update. There's been no poker since my last update because I'd played Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday and just felt like taking a couple of days off. Probably a good thing as well because Saturday was some of the worst poker I've played since starting this, granted there were a few spots like FH over FHs, sets over sets and whatnot, but I still lost a bit more I should have in other hands.

I've been saying for years that the music in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game on the NES was the same as a section from 'Fear of the Dark' by Iron Maiden, so finally got round to listening to them both on youtube on Sunday to compare lol... they are very similar, but not quite the same.

But anyway, this lead to me watching some of the old TV series on Youtube, and it's not just nostalgia but it really does hold up lol. I absolutely loved it as a kid and it's still really enjoyable to watch. Tell me this doesn't bring back fond memories...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6jQIul9x8w&feature=related

To mix it up a bit, cos I fancy a tourney but aint wanting to take it out of my roll, I'm in the 10am Freeroll. 174 runners with £13.50 FTW!!