You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited August 2012
    paul anychance of getting semis underway this weekend ?
  • edited August 2012
    I beg your pardon? lol

Tonight's the night!
  • edited August 2012

Hihi – going round in circles, o well )

Stacking people is great but winning 4 x 25 bb pots is the same thing )

Hear what your saying regarding people call more so why c bet more, well lol who said that :S

Like saying never bet because tight players always fold

Just because you c bet, doesn’t mean you get called by a better hand

Shouldn’t have to try so hard, NL4 players will make mistakes for you )

Unless nl4 has become really hard 2 beat !

Sometimes you just run breakeven, nothing you can do – stick at it )

• edited August 2012
    Trust Emma to liven up the thread with a bit of innuendo. There are no semis round my house, but we will be doing the Semi-Final draw tonight.
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months:
    Hihi – going round in circles, o well ) Stacking people is great but winning 4 x 25 bb pots is the same thing ) Hear what your saying regarding people call more so why c bet more, well lol who said that :S Like saying never bet because tight players always fold Just because you c bet, doesn’t mean you get called by a better hand Shouldn’t have to try so hard, NL4 players will make mistakes for you ) Unless nl4 has become really hard 2 beat !   Sometimes you just run breakeven, nothing you can do – stick at it )
    Posted by rancid
    Well that is kinda the opposite of what I said lol. Against really tight players you can c-bet with air more cos they fold easily, so surely it works the other way that if they are really loose, you can't c-bet as much cos they'll call with junk hands that are actually ahead.

I should probably point out, that I'm specifically talking about c-betting with air like c-betting AQo on K45r. Obviously with made hands like if I had AK on that flop I just bet, bet, bet. Imagine I c-bet in that spot (with the AQ), and get called, it's likely by some junk 4x, 5x, Kx or a PP of some sort, all of which I'm behind, and if the turn bricks, I got to check/fold.

Theres every chance my thought processes above are wrong cos I'm pretty rubbish but if I am, then please explain why the above is wrong.

• edited August 2012
    Some logic to it but if your playing versus a tight player with a narrower range pre then c betting flops will result in more calls

if oppo calls pre wider then they just can't continue as much on the flop

the tighter player may even not require hitting the flop

feel much happier c betting versus a wide calling range pre

• edited August 2012
    Well that was a refreshing change :) I had a pretty nice session tonight, playing my usual 5 tables and I made £12.17 so heading back in the right direction now.

Hands Played:     10,940
    Bankroll:             £169.48
    Profit/Loss:      -£5.56
    Poker Points:       697 (£6.97)

One interesting hand that happened here... I couldn't believe I didn't get paid off by something on the river with so many in the pot. Last spade scared me a bit but didn't wanna lose value from the times they didn't hit it and not like I'm ever folding with the size of the pot.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    GallerzJnr Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £3.84
    Lambert180 Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £4.90
      Your hole cards

V_Full Fold        
    raytei01 Call   £0.04 £0.10 £2.32
    Robnell Fold        
    skiddy30 Call   £0.04 £0.14 £5.35
    GallerzJnr Raise   £0.10 £0.24 £3.74
    Lambert180 Call   £0.08 £0.32 £4.82
    raytei01 Call   £0.08 £0.40 £2.24
    skiddy30 Call   £0.08 £0.48 £5.27
    Flop

• Q

GallerzJnr Check        
    Lambert180 Bet   £0.25 £0.73 £4.57
    raytei01 Call   £0.25 £0.98 £1.99
    skiddy30 Call   £0.25 £1.23 £5.02
    GallerzJnr Call   £0.25 £1.48 £3.49
    Turn

GallerzJnr Check        
    Lambert180 Bet   £1.15 £2.63 £3.42
    raytei01 Call   £1.15 £3.78 £0.84
    skiddy30 Call   £1.15 £4.93 £3.87
    GallerzJnr Call   £1.15 £6.08 £2.34
    River

GallerzJnr Check        
    Lambert180 All-in   £3.42 £9.50 £0.00
    raytei01 Fold        
    skiddy30 Fold        
    GallerzJnr Fold        
    Lambert180 Muck        
    Lambert180 Win   £5.62   £5.62
    Lambert180 Return   £3.42 £0.46 £9.04
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein
  • edited August 2012
    Well I said I wouldn't play any non-cash poker for a while but tonight I had to play my Semi-Final in the HU Comp against Dazler, so it was either gonna be a very quick way of blowing tonights profit or doubling it lol. Managed to luckbox my way to winning 4-1 so made a nice £8.25  I'll add that amount to BR in the stats obv, but won't be including it in my profit/loss because that is purely for cash. Helped push me over 700 poker points too :p

Hands Played:     10,940
    Bankroll:             £177.73
    Profit/Loss:      -£5.56
    Poker Points:       707 (£7.07)

So I'm in the final of the HU comp now which means I've won free entry to the Friday £11 Main Event (both finalists win a seat) so just playing for the kudos now. Hopefully I can bink something on Friday but won't be rebuying etc.
  • edited August 2012
    First night off the cash tables for a little while so no news there, but a few good results with other poker related things. Last night I won my Semi-Final in the HU comp, and both HU finalists get entry to the Friday ME, so I'm playing that tomorrow... Then today I found out I got picked for the Top of the Posts SnG so I'll be playing that on Sunday.... THEN on 861 tonight I won the guess the hand game and so I'm playing the ME on Tuesday too! lol.

I may not be running good on the tables, but I certainly am off them. Aint played a ME in absolutely ages (since my last free entry lol) and now I'm playing 2 in a matter of days, just need a bit of rungood and I could be leaving 4NL behind ;)
  • edited August 2012
    i meant semi final lol  funny emma 
  • edited August 2012
    Right well that's my first free entry out the way. Sadly no cash but I really enjoyed it, no rebuy or add-on because I wanted to stick to freerolling and I came 92nd in the end out of 251 (and 193 rebuys).

It was a really good structure, nice slow clock and all the crazy people rebuying non-stop made the stacks really deep, so it was until about 10:30pm+ that I got down to a shove/fold stack. In the end I had about 10BB and shoved SB v BB with 78s and got called by AKo. Was pretty happy about it to be honest, because I knew it was double or out soon and this was as good a chance as I was likely to get.... not so good when he flopped top trips though lol.

Good fun all the same though, and at least I'm guaranteed a cash in my next freebie :)
  • edited September 2012
    How do you get these free entries btw? They sound good lol.

So you're moving up to nl8 when you have £240 or more? I respect your br discipline. 

• edited September 2012
    Well the first one... I run a HU knockout competition (I'm guessing you've seen it) so we'd start with 64 runners, everyone plays best of 3 (or whatever) with 1 opponent, so next round is down to 32, then 16, and so on. I spoke to Sky and they give a £11 free entry to the 2 people who make it to the final. I've made it to the final, still yet to play it cos I'm waiting for the other Semi-Final to be played.

Second one.... got that for Top of the Posts strangely for my input in the clinic, which I think is largely superseded my many better players than me lol.

Third one... On channel 861, they showed a hand and if you guessed what hand the villian had (cards were covered) you get put into a hat, only 3 got it right, and my name got picked out.

===================================================================================

Here's where the abuse starts lol.... no, my 50BI rule is 50BIs for the next level, so I'm moving up when I get to £400. Yes I know it's super nitty but I really don't think it'll take me long to win 55BIs at 4NL and I feel more comfortable taking aggressive lines when I know I can shrug off losing a few BIs. I'm prone to tilt and the bigger my losses are in comparison to my roll, the more likely I am to tilt, so it's just safer for me personally.

But yeah, this Top of the Posts thing is a 6man SnG paying out everyone, something like, £10, £15, £20, £25, £30, £50, so I'm guaranteed a cash there and could bag 12 BIs (at 4NL) if I take it down. Then I got the Tuesday ME for free. Think I'll be out of 4NL before the end of October. Then with £400 at 8NL, I know only need £100 (just over 10BIs) to be rolled for 10NL with 50BIs then it's full steam ahead!

EDIT: If you look back, there's about 2-3 pages of me getting abuse for being such a big bankroll nit lol so I've heard it all before, before you join in :p It helps me not tilt, and sets me in good stead for sticking to good BR rules when I move up. As I said earlier, sure I could jump up and with a bit of rungood get off to a good start, but at some point I'll have to start practicing good BRM or I will go bust, FACT! So where's the line, win 5 BIs @ 20NL and then step down to 10NL and start having good BRM? Just makes no sense, I'll do it slowly, but I'll do it right.
  • edited September 2012
    That sounds good. So do you ever withdraw anything? Or do you just keep building? 
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £177.73:
    That sounds good. So do you ever withdraw anything? Or do you just keep building? 
    Posted by percival09
    Well I have done throughout my days on Sky but admittedly not that often. One of the things, I'm most proud of is that what I have got, I've built from a single deposit of £20 and have never went bust, and I wanna keep it that way.

I withdrew £70 a while ago to spend some extra monies on my girlfriend's birthday.

I withdrew £20 recently to stick it in Stars and have a spin, got my $40 up to about $180, and then ended up withdrawing to add the £90ish to my roll on here to speed up getting out of 4NL.

I've also withdrawn bits and bobs here and there, but I don't play MTTs that often, and never had a big bink, so it's always been slow and steady so I don't bother withdrawing much.
  • edited September 2012
    August Summary

Start Bankroll:   £175.04
    End Bankroll: £177.73
    Profit: £2.69 (+£9.76 if I include C4P)

I started playing cash on 13th August and made a loss of £5.56 this month with my cash after nearly 11,000 hands but my BR went up slightly due to winning 4-1 in my Hyper HU game. I've also got £7.07 coming my way in C4P soon, so that'll take me just over £180. Not a great start, but at the start I was making a ridic amount of terrible mistakes which were really counter-acting all the big pots I was winning.

September Goals

1. I'm not setting any financial goals/targets for the month, but I think a reasonable expectation is for me to increase my BR to around £250+ by the end of this month, no worries if I smash it or don't reach it.

2. Record a session, put it on Youtube and post the link up here.
  • edited September 2012
    putting a vid of  a session is really gd idea
  • edited September 2012
    Cheers Sam, I saw you on my table tonight, always annoying to have people on my table that I can't just value bet to death lol.

Well the 1st session of the month couldn't have went much better. It started off with losing 1/2 a BI getting it in with QQ v KK against a shorty. But after that it was like payback for all the coolers and missed flops I've been having recently. I was hitting sets for fun, every flush draw was coming in, I was hitting TPTK virtually everytime with AQ and AK, and was getting paid off for most of them.

All in all, after 2 hours of 6tabling, I finished with £21.61 profit for the night, so a great start to the month. By the way, I'll be posting my profit/loss overall since I started and not just this month, so that I can compare with Splashies... which reminds me, where are you Martin?!

Hands Played:     11,900
    Bankroll:             £199.34
    Profit/Loss:      +£16.05
    Poker Points:       40

Always a nice feeling to get the month off to a good start, so that puts me on practically £200, which is £207 when I get my C4P and absolutely minimum of £217 because the minimum I can cash in the Top of the Posts game tomorrow is £10, so positive starts FTW!

Oh yeah Splashies, remember I said I knew my time would come for them dream situations like when people do stuff like open shove the flop into your set for 100BB... well it happened for me tonight, except it was for 200BB :P
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    BIGBOI451 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £9.03
    alton09 Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £2.30
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • A

Lambert180 Raise   £0.20 £0.26 £7.89
    harding10 Fold        
    BIGBOI451 Raise   £0.52 £0.78 £8.51
    alton09 Fold        
    Lambert180 Call   £0.34 £1.12 £7.55
    Flop

BIGBOI451 Bet   £0.12 £1.24 £8.39
    Lambert180 Call   £0.12 £1.36 £7.43
    Turn

BIGBOI451 Check        
    Lambert180 Check        
    River

BIGBOI451 All-in   £8.39 £9.75 £0.00
    Lambert180 All-in   £7.43 £17.18 £0.00
    BIGBOI451 Unmatched bet   £0.96 £16.22 £0.96
    BIGBOI451 Show
    • K
    • Q

Lambert180 Show
    • K
    • A

Lambert180 Win Flush to the Ace £15.00   £15.00
    BOOM!
  • edited September 2012
    Does anyone have any tips to reduce the file size when recording sessions? What's generally the biggest length of time you can record for that will upload to Youtube?
  • edited September 2012
    Well no cash poker for me tonight but I did play in the Top of the Posts SnG. It was a little bit on the crapshooty side before long with 5 min blinds but was a really good laugh. I doubled up early on getting it in against RV with AQ v KQ on QQxx board. Then gave it all away when Donut was short and I stuck him all in pre with AKs v KK.

Ended up coming 5th out of 6 which was a bit disappointing after my early double up, but hey ho, we all got in free, we all got paid and had a good laugh. So that's left me £15 better off.

Hands Played:     11,900
    Bankroll:             £214.34
    Profit/Loss:      +£16.05
    Poker Points:       40

Still also got £7.07 coming on Friday 7th Sept as C4P so that'll take me just over £220 which means I've only got 45BIs to go :)
  • edited September 2012
    Glad you're doing well mate. I havent played since my last update on here. I'll be back playing on friday again and I cannot wait to get started again.
  • edited September 2012
    Good good, I was hoping you hadn't got bored already. Although how can you get bored of a level where you can win £36 in 2 short sessions :p

I'll be getting in a sesh later after dinner.
  • edited September 2012
    Got another 2hrs of 6tabling in tonight. Felt nice and confident after stringing 3 decent winning sessions together, and I do believe confidence is a big thing in poker, it certainly is in my game. I managed to make this my 4th winning session in a row, and I'm really happy with some of the folds I made tonight which in previous sessions I'd have probably refused to make and would have ate horrible into my profit. Finished with a profit of £7.01 which I'm especially happy with because I lost a few races where I was well ahead.

Hands Played:     12,860
    Bankroll:              £221.35
    Profit/Loss:      +£23.06
    Poker Points:       72

Where's your session results Splashies, I'll be catching up to you in profit soon!
  • edited September 2012
    this will be around my starting roll when i get started mate so hopefully we can bounce off each other for support to move throgh the levels
    like a marathon runner using a pace setter ;)
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £221.35:
    this will be around my starting roll when i get started mate so hopefully we can bounce off each other for support to move throgh the levels like a marathon runner using a pace setter ;)
    Posted by DrRunGood
    Yeah sounds good, my aim is definitely not to stick round 4NL for any longer than necessary. So the sooner I build my roll, the better.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £221.35:
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £221.35 : Yeah sounds good, my aim is definitely not to stick round 4NL for any longer than necessary. So the sooner I build my roll, the better.
    Posted by Lambert180
    well lets do it mate bankroll building to a stage we can bust redmond ;)
  • edited September 2012
    Glad to see your going to the right direction. 

If you carry on playing abc poker you'll be flying up the levels in no time. 

Can you not add any more tables? 

• edited September 2012
    Glad to see your going to the right direction.  If you carry on playing abc poker you'll be flying up the levels in no time.  Can you not add any more tables? 
    Posted by PiAnOpLaYa
    Cheers, yeah definitely glad to see my roll going in the right direction.

I'm a bit torn on that subject, I was considering adding more tables because even with 6 I find myself sat round for periods of time not doing anything and could definitely cope with more. I only play on a laptop so 6 tables on miniview still has a bit of overlap as it is, but I'm sure I'd get used to having loads of overlap after a bit. However a poker mate of mine said there may be more value in just sticking to the 6 tables, but focusing on good note-taking and exploiting some of the nits that play a very tight range.

Decisions....
  • edited September 2012
    I think having full concentration on 6 tables is more profitable than having 8 tables overlapping and perhaps going into more autopilot mode. Being fully able to exploit bad regs, which is hard to do when in autopilot, is highly profitable, along with vbetting the hell out of fish, which of course, you can do in autopilot. So if I were you I'd stick with 6 for now, or maybe give 8 a go and see what you think
  • edited September 2012
    but at nl4 you probably don't need to think about exploiting bad regs and you can probs just put in a sick amount of volume playing abc. So maybe more tables is ok here. But when you move up I'd suggest remaining with 6 for the time being