You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited September 2012
    You get really used to the overlap. 

I play 12 on my laptop now and still use the trackpad! Need to really upgrade and use a mouse. 

How many bi's do you want till you move up? 
  • edited September 2012
    NL4 is all about volume - max  the volume = max the value

big hands, big bets

I used to play only 3 tables at NL4 and probably played a mixture of TAG and LAG but if I were to do it now I would 6 table minimum and just put in a huge amount of volume

• edited September 2012
    GL in the ME lambert
  • edited September 2012
    Bit of an annoying night all round really. Played really well (IMO) in the main event tonight, was all going well, was about 28th out of 50 then 2 hands just didn't go my way and I busted in 50th. Won a last longer against PatWalsh so he owes me a pint at DTD but then lost a last longer with Cenachav so I owe him a pint, and the ME was a freeroll so break even on that one ;)

Then I played the HU final with Donk... Donk managed to fail to register twice in a row lol, so I ended up playing 2 randommers and I beat both of them games. Then I finally got set up with Donk, started well and then I started to play like a complete fish, bluffed too much and donked off losing 5 - 2

So my hypers for the night were 4 wins and 5 losses @ £3.15 so I made a loss of £4.35, bit annoying but oh well. On the bright side, I still got my £7.07 of C4P to come on Friday so at least that's paid for my donkfest, and it has boosted my C4P for this month.

Hands Played:     12,860
    Bankroll:              £217.00
    Profit/Loss:      +£23.06
    Poker Points:       120

Cheers for all the recent replies. Not sure what I'll do yet, I'll let ya know next time I play a session whether I decide to up the tables or not. Still gotta get round to recording a session too, by the way is anyone actually interesting in watching it if I do???

PianoPlaya, I'm sticking to a rule of moving up at 50BIs and I'll step back down if I go to 40BIs at that new level.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £221.35:
    Then I played the HU final with Donk... bluffed too much and donked off losing 5 - 2
    Posted by Lambert180
    Don't bluff fish. Haven't you learnt anything playing 20nl haha? 

*sigh*, enjoy the drink..............................
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £221.35:
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £221.35 : Don't bluff fish. Haven't you learnt anything playing 20nl haha?  *sigh*, enjoy the drink..............................
    Posted by patwalshh
    That'll teach you to have a little more faith in my game in future.
  • edited September 2012
    Only managed to fit in 1hr 30mins of 6tabling tonight because I had other things to be getting on with, but made it my 5th winning session in a row. I was really happy to make any profit out of it because I started the session with a few spewy calls and set me off on the wrong foot, but I managed to grind it back and make £3.31 profit.

Slow and steady wins the face :)

Hands Played:     13,580
    Bankroll:              £220.31
    Profit/Loss:      +£26.37
    Poker Points:       152

Looking in good shape to win at least another BI from C4P this month too.

Quote specially for Doh...

Camels were all right in the Jesus times an' that ,but we don't need 'em any more, we've moved on!
    Karl
  • edited September 2012
    I thought I'd add an interesting fact each day on here to keep it a bit more, well...interesting. No poker for me tonight but I'll get started with something interested I read today...

What's the best floor of a building to throw a cat from?
    (if you were so inclined to do so)

Any floor as long as it's above the 7th. Apparently cats like many other small animals have a non-fatal terminal velocity (for cats it's about 60mph). Once they relax, they orientate themselves, spread out and parachute to the floor like a squirrel.

There is evidence of a cat thrown out of a Cessna aircraft at 800feet that survived

A humans terminal velocity is 120mph btw.

...well I thought it was interesting.
  • edited September 2012
    Hello all,

I'm off to Nottingham in a few hours for the £50 SPT side event and general drinking and banter, so won't be doing any online pokering tonight. I always get really excited about every SPT, partly because I just enjoy playing live so much more than online, and also just because it's nice to meet up with all the people I talk to online.

I've received my C4P today so that's almost another 2 BIs banked ;)

Hands Played:     13,580
    Bankroll:              £227.38
    Profit/Loss:      +£26.37
    Poker Points:       152

The quote I've picked for today, I was telling someone it the other day and as I was telling them I realised just how great a quote it is so thought I'd share. I'm not sure who said it mind...

"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in"

People would do good to remember the point of this
  • edited September 2012
    Thanks to KKrippler, I've now found a way to create graphs on my profit/loss for cash. You'll have to excuse the $ signs, all the figures are correct and are actually £ amounts, and ignore the fact the dates are in american format, there doesn't seem to be anyway to change these 2 things.

So below is my graph since I started playing cash again on 3rd August.

Right, now I'm off to get a session in!

EDIT: The graph above now includes my session last night on 9th Sept.
  • edited September 2012
    I just put in my information for that site was quite chuffed with my graph and profit for this month but lost a lot today prob half my profit from this month so going to suck tomorrow when i see it lol 
  • edited September 2012
    I got back from Nottingham at about 6:30pm today so here's a bit of an update...

Well the poker side went a bit rubbish, played the Friday night side event which had a pretty fast structure and I just didn't get any hands or walked into bigger hands. I lasted about 1hr 30mins but only got properly involved with 2 hands.

First hand (this is about 15 mins in), it gets minraised then GoldenB 3bets, I flat call with AK, then the girl next to me shoves, GoldenB reshoves and I think 'right AK aint good anymore lol', and they turn over AA and KK, so dodged a bullet there.

Table was full of people limp/calling with rubbish, so it goes limp, limp, I only have 20BB so shove AQ... again it goes, shove, and reshove lol... I think oh god what's going on here! I think I'm completely dead, find out I'm pretty lucky to be against 99 and JJ but can't hit the board.

But apart from that, was a really good night, I always enjoy meeting up with all the Sky people and having a drink. I experienced my first ever Tighty SnG as well which was crazy to say the least. All in all though, didn't cost too much and was a really good night.

================================================================================

While the SPT weekend was great, my early exit did leave me hungry for more poker so I got in a cash session tonight. It was my first ever time playing 7tables tonight, thought I'd give it a go because I know I can keep up with the speed required just wanted to see how I coped with the overlap. Think it went pretty well to be fair, could probably go up to 8-9 and still be ok, but gonna take it one step at a time, wait til I'm comfortable before I go crazy.

Session went ok, lost a few small pots JUST before standing from all my tables which always feels annoying but still finished with £3.29 profit. So can't complain too much as this is now my 6th winning session in a row. Slow and steady but really happy to see my BR going in the right direction for once.

Hands Played:     14,700
    Bankroll:              £230.67
    Profit/Loss:      +£29.66
    Poker Points:       192
  • edited September 2012
    Morning all, finally back and played a session yesterday. Managed just less than 1000 hands for the day and ended up 71p for the day. 

Six winning sessions in a row is v impressive Paul, wp.

My stats:

Total Hands: 3137
    Total Profit: £37.22
    Win Rate: 29.66bb/100

Lamberts Win Rate: 5.04bb/100
  • edited September 2012
    Cheers Splashies. Yeah it's been going well recently, I think mostly cos I've cut out my horrible spewy calls where I'm just refusing to admit they've gone ahead even though I know they have.

I've nearly caught up to you in terms of £ profit, so just need to catch up with you, then you play about 11,000 hands and break even, then we'll be about even  for win-rate lol.
  • edited September 2012
    Managed to get in 918 hands today for a profit of £13.71. I've got good momentum going at the minute and people just keep on wanting to donate, as i'll show a couple of hands I'm going to post.

Stats...

Hands: 4,055
    Profit: £50.93
    Win Rate: 31.40bb/100

The run good continues mainly thanks to these two donations from the same person...

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    bokata Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.82
    normarg Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £1.84
     Your hole cards
    • J
    • A

hanad Raise  £0.08 £0.14 £2.45
    ??? Raise  £0.12 £0.26 £3.85
    splashies Call  £0.12 £0.38 £6.52
    toffeeefc Call  £0.12 £0.50 £6.23
    bokata Fold     
    normarg Fold     
    hanad Call  £0.04 £0.54 £2.41
    Flop

• A

hanad Check     
    ??? Bet  £0.04 £0.58 £3.81
    splashies Raise  £0.35 £0.93 £6.17
    toffeeefc Fold     
    hanad Fold     
    ??? Call  £0.31 £1.24 £3.50
    Turn

• A

??? Bet  £0.04 £1.28 £3.46
    splashies Raise  £0.80 £2.08 £5.37
    ??? Call  £0.76 £2.84 £2.70
    River

??? Check     
    splashies Bet  £1.40 £4.24 £3.97
    ??? All-in  £2.70 £6.94 £0.00
    splashies Call  £1.30 £8.24 £2.67
    ??? Show
    • Q

splashies Show
    • J
    • A

splashies Win Flush to the Ace £7.62  £10.29
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    toffeeefc Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £6.79
    normarg Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £2.30
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

hanad Raise  £0.12 £0.18 £2.29
    ??? Call  £0.12 £0.30 £8.09
    splashies Raise  £0.48 £0.78 £3.14
    toffeeefc Fold     
    normarg Fold     
    hanad Fold     
    ??? Call  £0.36 £1.14 £7.73
    Flop

• K
    • J
    • K

??? Bet  £0.04 £1.18 £7.69
    splashies Raise  £0.64 £1.82 £2.50
    ??? Call  £0.60 £2.42 £7.09
    Turn

??? Check     
    splashies All-in  £2.50 £4.92 £0.00
    ??? Call  £2.50 £7.42 £4.59
    ??? Show

splashies Show
    • A
    • K

River

• Q

splashies Win Three Kings £6.86  £6.86
  • edited September 2012
    You bribing these people off the table Splashies?!! lol.

I know people like to call off light but T high!! Send them my way

Names left in next time please lol... only joking
  • edited September 2012
    BOOM! That is now 7 winning sessions back to back. I really don't feel like I'm running good, I'm just folding alot more post flop than I used to rather than spewing off chips being a non-believer. I played 6tables for about 1hr 30 mins and made a profit of £6.90 so still maintaining the slow and steady profit :)

Will probably stick up another graph in a week or so. Broke the 200 poker points mark at 4NL wooo lol, reckon I can grind that up to at least get a BI or two in C4P.

Hands Played:     15,420
    Bankroll:              £237.57
    Profit/Loss:      +£36.56
    Poker Points:       212
  • edited September 2012
    Urgh, really tilted by the fact I just wrote a massive post and lost it! So am gonna write the very very quick version.

I had free entry to the DTD games, felt really confident and was really focussed. Was really crushing it in DTD 1 + 2. DTD 2 I 3bet jammed 66 into AA to leave me pretty short (about 5xBB), so shoved next hand KJ into TT and couldn't bink.

DTD 1 went the best, was crushing from the very start, the highest point in chip count was 38k when I was 13/23, then I min-raised K9 5handed, 1 caller, I c-bet K9x flop, villian raises, I jam, he snaps with KQ... runner runner straight :) So i was crip pled after that and ended up shoving something like KT into AQ and missing.

On the upside, I earned a few poker points for free and made £3.15 for the min-cash, Freerolling can never be bad.

Hands Played:     15,420
    Bankroll:              £240.72
    Profit/Loss:      +£36.56
    Poker Points:       227

It's a great feeling to see my BR going in the right direction, and I still think I'm looking good to meet my target of having £400 for 8NL before the end of October.
  • edited September 2012
    Tonight I played a live sweat session over joinme with a couple of poker chums. I'd be thinking recently, that I was maybe being a tiny bit nitty on some of my BR rules. I'm still gonna stick to it largely in terms of playing 4NL mostly, but I may just stick the occasional table or two of 8NL in.

So as I was playing on JoinMe and didn't want it to lag for the viewers, I stuck to 3 tables, so decided to play 2 x 8NL and 1 x 4NL. I would have done 3 x 8NL but there was a massive lack of 8 NL tables running. I made a small loss on my 4NL table of £2.24 but I made £12.02 profit on my 2 x 8NL tables, so a total profit this evening of £9.78 and yes that is now 8 winning sessions back to back.  Momentum FTW!

Hands Played:     15,900
    Bankroll:              £250.50
    Profit/Loss:      +£46.34
    Poker Points:       253
  • edited September 2012
    awwwwww poker friends
  • edited September 2012
    Sorry Splashies, I realised I've completely messed up our challenge by playing 8NL last night. You won't be able to work out my BB/100 when you don't know if my profit was made at 4NL or 8NL. Bit annoying, but I guess it was always gonna happen because there was no way I was ever gonna still be playing 4NL by Xmas.

Maybe we can figure out some other way of measuring results or something. Gaining on you in terms of profit now, who cares that I've put about 10 times more volume in than you to get it! lol.
  • edited September 2012
    No poker for me tonight, but just thought I'd whack up my latest graph

Some of you may have already seen when I posted on FB but I've recently replaced real cigarettes for electric ones that a lad in work told me about. They're much cheaper than real ones, they're obviously miles better for you, you can smoke them indoors or anywhere, and they're so similar to real ones. Ok I know it's not ideal still being addicted to something, but I'd rather swap a deadly, expensive addiction, for a cheaper, much healthier one, then I can cut back on this.

My mate in work told me a promotional code for this which changed the cost from £50 to £12 which is ridic cheap for the stuff, 5 cartridges (100 cigarettes worth) chargers and case. If anyone wants to know the site and promotional code then feel free to PM me. Would definitely recommend them to any smoker. I've only had it for 2 days now, but haven't had a real one since then and there's genuinely not even a tiny bit of me that has wanted one the entire time.
  • edited September 2012
    Good luck with this challenge, im doing a similar one trying to get to 50nl ASAP.

Quick question, how do u change the title of your thread to show your current bankroll?

Thanks,

Stu
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £250.50:
    Good luck with this challenge, im doing a similar one trying to get to 50nl ASAP. Quick question, how do u change the title of your thread to show your current bankroll? Thanks, Stu
    Posted by Dumbmofo
    The title of the thread is determined by the title of the first post. So everytime you wanna change the title, just go to your first post in the thread, click Edit, and change the Headline in there.

Good luck with your challenge by the way. I notice you say ASAP though, try not to rush it, it'll come when it comes, all ya can do is make the right decisions and wait for the money to come to you.
  • edited September 2012
    Evening ladies and gents, it's now been 3 days without me smoking and thanks to this new gadget, I literally haven't had a single moment of missing it. It's also nice to be able to have a 'smoke' indoors while grinding the cash lol. So played another session tonight and made it my 9th winning session in a row. I 6tabled 4NL for 2 hours and made a profit of £16.88. Was a really crazy session tonight, alot of big hands, I won alot of BIs and lost a fair few too, and was up to £18 on one table and £14 on another.

Hands Played:     16,860
    Bankroll:              £267.38
    Profit/Loss:      +£63.22
    Poker Points:       280

So I've finally overtaken Splashies in terms of profit now, and things are looking good to meet my target of having the £500 for 50BIs @ 10NL by the end of October. The next target after that is having £1000 which is 50BIs @ 20NL by around January 2013.
  • edited September 2012
    9th winning session in a row - dead jealous - and quitting smoking as well - wow!
  • edited September 2012
    Evening Paul and all. Great to see you doing well. We can just do a profit challenge if you like because I will move up eventually too. It seems we play similar volume anyway as we both work full time.

I've played smallish sessions all nights this week..

Monday - 573 hands (-£3.67) - Immensely swingy session, dropped around 3 BI's staright away, managed to claw some losses back.

Tuesday - 342 hands (+£8.55) - A short fruitful evening session whilst watchin the footy.

Wednesday - 478 hands (-£2.97) - Played like a fish, probably shouldn't have played at all as was quite tired.

Thursday - 419 hands (+£8.55) - Exactly the same profit as Tuesday, very spooky that. A very enjoyable session which included my quad Aces stacking someone who bluffed 3 streets dohh styleee.

Total Hands: 5,867
    Profit: £61.39
    Win Rate: 26.16bb/100
  • edited September 2012
    Nice work Splashies, impressive to see you've made as much profit as me but in a 1/3 of the hands. Glad to see we're both cruising along nicely though.

Good luck with ya next session.
  • edited September 2012
    keep going solid - a little bit everyday keeps the bill collectors away )