You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Hey m8,just catchin up with the read again.As I said b4 I dont post much on other threads,just like to read and digest what info I can and obviously post up on my own(now finished) thread.You're at a much higher level than myself but I can see the progression so easily in your game.Played you a fair bit in the old hyper days.Still do my head in lol.Keep it goin lad.All th best
    Cheers
    paul
  • edited April 2013
    Hi All,

I was at my mum's again tonight. For anyone that doesn't know, I have a daughter that lives in Liverpool so I come and have her for the weekend on alternating weeks, so I stay at my mums on said weekends.

Anyway, as I've mentioned many a time, I'm not sure whether it's a rubbish laptop, a rubbish internet connection or a combination of the two, but at my mum's house running 1 table is a bit slow and running 2 tables is so laggy it's just unplayable. As I can only play 1 table, I feel my time is better spent playing MTTs, so here's a summary of what I played tonight....

2 x £3 all in sats for the £33 £4k BH - no success.

£2.40 Frenzy for the £25k roller (2 rebuys) - no success (don't even know why I played this tbh, they're awful games.) So £7.20 total there.

Late regged the Mini which was a pretty disgusting affair. When I late regged it was 40/80 so I had 50xBB. Very first hand I was dealt AA but my mums laptop was so laggy that I saw it, but the betting buttons didn't appear and I was  timed out before I could do anything. Fold the next hand, Then the 3rd hand I pick up QQ and get it in pre v 99 and AA, so that Mini lasted about 90 seconds.

Played the £2.20 Speed Rebuy, love these games, great value, good money up top for small outlay, plus it's nice and quick. Finished up 11th out of 119 for £10.49 so made £3.89 profit. Was a good tourney tonight too with some good rail/banter because Emma ended up finishing 8th or 9th and GregHogg ended up winning it.

Finished the night off with the £11 £400 GTD Freezeout. That was going really well, got my starting stack up to about 4.5k, then @ 75/150, I lose two races, that left me with 10xBB and before long it was sayonara Lambo.

So that comes to a total loss of £25.81

Bankroll: £1,715.49
    Poker Points: 5305 (£95.49)
  • edited April 2013
    @Paul - Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad to hear things are going well with yourself too (I do pop into your thread when I see updates)

Now I've done my update for tonight, I just thought I'd let you all know that I'm going to be taking a little break from poker. I'm not sure how long it'll be for, but I'll be sure to let everyone know on here when I'm back. This isn't anything to do with running bad or anything, in fact this has been a great month so far, I just want to get my head round a few life issues.

I'll do a little April summary now as I won't be playing for the rest of the month...

April Summary

Another great month for me, I started the month on £1,163.95 and will be finishing the month on £1715.49 so a total profit of £551.54. Roughly off the top of my head it's about £300 profit from cash and £250 profit from MTTs

Didn't record a session, but it probably wasn't a good idea to try this on a Priority grind cos pretty much all of my sessions were like 6-7tabling and I was just too busy playing to be stop/starting recording.

Finished no where near Priority, because I took the odd day off, then I had like 3 days off for TSP, and now I'm taking off the last week of the month. I did reach my highest ever points total of 5305 though which gets me just shy of £100

Obviously, the highlight of the month, and actually the highlight of my entire poker playing life had to be getting picked by Tikay to be in TSP. It was a fantastic experience and hopefully I'll get the chance to take part again in the future.

===========================================================================

So I'm off for a little while, GL everyone and run well.

P.S. I'll still be at SPT Birmingham.

Paul
  • edited April 2013
    Nice goin m8. You,ve flown past me on the old BR front. 

I took a week off but it ended up been almost a month with the odd exeption. Got into other stuff like reading and watching documentary films as you know from FB. I found it hard again to get back into it and have not even reached 250 pts this month, but aim to put more hours in next month as i,m getting the taste back for it now.

Do you ever lack motivation sometimes to grind the hours you do and what advice would you give to combat it and keep yourself motivated. I know the diary thing helps but any other ideas to get into a routine of putting x amount of hours in while still enjoying it and playing your A game more consistantly?

Enjoy the week off 

Paul

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 20NL to 50NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 50NL by the end of 2013 -----:
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 20NL to 50NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 50NL by the end of 2013 ----- : He is totally amazing A lot of it is based on suggestion, do you find yourself being taken in by things on the way in to the event etc.. Did you notice signs, colours,  music etc.. Brown is a freak !
    Posted by rancid
    He did a thing a few years back where he asked a cpl of advertising guys to draw up a poster advertising something. He,d already drawn up his own advertising poster and it was pretty much the same as what they drew up. It was pretty amazing and then he showed how he did it

As you have suggested he knew the route they were taking to the office where he was, so he strategically placed objects along the route ( where the traffic was slow ) to plant suggestions into their subconcious minds, like a big bear in a shop window and at a zebra crossing or traffic lights he placed a large group of schoolchildren crossing the road in front of the guys taxi all with jumpers on with a harp sign amongnst other things and sure enough these advertising guys ended up drawing a bear playing a harp for this advertising slogan. he then revealed his own drawing which was almost exactly the same. 

Like you say - subconciously planting ideas into their head before they,d  even started. I belive he also uses illusion and slight of hand sometimes which he has taken years to learn , and putting all these skills togethor to create what seems almost like magic. Very clever tho

Did anyone see the programme where he used a gun on someone? I still can,t decide if there was live ammo in it as there has to be a limit to the risks he takes. I understand he had to go abroad to film it as they wouldn,t allow it in this country. Still baffles me today, that one
  • edited April 2013
    i was speaking more about cash, when i used to grind hypers on stars i had 200 buy in rule as the swings are crazy.
    + its super standard to have 200s buyin for MTTs on stars due to the fields but feel 100 buyins for mtts for sites like this and other european sites is standard.
    a competent nit can never have a ten buyin downswing only if mass multi-tabling
    as the definition of a nit is......... A nit is a term that refers to someone who plays a very narrow (or tight) selection of hands and is very unlikely to place or call bets without a high level of confidence that they are ahead in the hand.
    so AA on certain board textures can easly be folded but yeah i agree with what your saying in the whole about bankroll managment.
    seems like your progressing super well.
    2 more question.
    what percentage of players on this site are recreational players who are spewtards (what youve incountered)
    do you play on other sites or just this 1? im in two minds about this site and i think its to do with the poor software.
  • edited May 2013
    I agree with what you're saying about nits, but a much better winrate is attainable by not just being a nit who waits to cooler people or wait for bad players to stack off light, so I'm not a nit and will be subject to bigger swings.

Depends where you play, at like 10NL - 30NL imo virtually every single table has somewhere between 1 and 3 'regs' although that doesn't mean they are good 'regs'. Plenty of rec players still in cash though at my levels. MTTs are pretty much full of recs but that doesn't mean they're all bad.

Yeah I play here, FT, stars and stars .fr. To be honest, I know everyone goes on about it but I don't see a huge problem with the software, there are a few tweaks that would be nice but I play 6-7 tables and never have any problems big enough to stop/hinder my play.

============================================================================

Right so I have played pretty much no poker in the last 2 weeks. I played the KOTH once for like £7.50 (or whatever it is) and Sunday just gone I satellited into the Primo (for £35) and played the mini. Bust the Primo after an hour or so w/ AA v 24 on 522 flop.

Got quite far in the Mini, but bust in a flip (IIRC) a little off the bubble.

So BR is about £50 down since my last post about 2 weeks ago but meh that's MTTs innit, only played 3. I got my £95 C4P today but like I said weeks ago, I'm withdrawing that so I won't include it in my total.

I will start grinding some cash again soon, just needed a break from poker/the forum for a bit.

P.S. Maca, if you happen to read this, I'm more confident than ever that I will win our little bet and you won't have to shell out a few quid :p

Bankroll: £1,667.78
    Poker Points: 109 (£1.09)
  • edited May 2013
    After my post last night, I had another rubbish night of MTTs, can't remember exactly what I played now but definitely the Turbo ME + Mini, the KOTH and a few others. Also played a few HU SnGs at the end of the night which I was about break even on so my BR finished on about £1635 ish.

Tonight I finally got back to cash which is obviously what I should have been doing all along cos I seem to just be playing like a complete donkey in MTTs recently. I 6tabled for about 2hr 30 mins and made about £65 profit. It was closer to the £100 mark until the 2 pretty horrible hands below happened just before standing.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    connaig Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £21.16
    weasel33 Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £4.35
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

LEE001 Fold        
    Lambert180 Raise   £0.90 £1.35 £62.34
    Glderfawr Fold        
    connaig Call   £0.75 £2.10 £20.41
    weasel33 Call   £0.60 £2.70 £3.75
    Flop

• J

connaig Check        
    weasel33 Check        
    Lambert180 Bet   £1.80 £4.50 £60.54
    connaig Call   £1.80 £6.30 £18.61
    weasel33 Fold        
    Turn

connaig Bet   £6.30 £12.60 £12.31
    Lambert180 All-in   £60.54 £73.14 £0.00
    connaig All-in   £12.31 £85.45 £0.00
    Lambert180 Unmatched bet   £41.93 £43.52 £41.93
    connaig Show
    • J
    • A

Lambert180 Show
    • K
    • K

River

• A

connaig Win Two Pairs, Aces and Jacks £41.72   £41.72
    And this beauty...
    LEE001 Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £24.70
    Pullin01 Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £30.18
      Your hole cards

who_me Fold        
    theonene09 Fold        
    Lambert180 Raise   £0.90 £1.35 £75.24
    robbie1985 Call   £0.90 £2.25 £10.60
    LEE001 Fold        
    Pullin01 Call   £0.60 £2.85 £29.58
    Flop

• J

Pullin01 Check        
    Lambert180 Bet   £1.90 £4.75 £73.34
    robbie1985 All-in   £10.60 £15.35 £0.00
    Pullin01 Fold        
    Lambert180 Raise   £17.40 £32.75 £55.94
    Lambert180 Unmatched bet   £8.70 £24.05 £64.64
    Lambert180 Show

robbie1985 Show

Turn

River

robbie1985 Win Full House, 9s and 10s £22.84   £22.84
    Can't complain too much, I ran pretty well in terms of hitting flops all night.

Bankroll: £1,698.15
    Poker Points: 351 (£3.51)
  • edited May 2013
    For anyone who doesn't already know, I'm an Everton fan, so I was pretty gutted when I heard Fergie was retiring because I knew Moyes was a cert to take on the job.

Now it's been confirmed I guess it's time to get looking for a new manager ourselves. My money is on it being Martinez and I'll be pretty happy with that (as happy as you can be after losing one of the best managers in the Premiership).

===============================================================================

I've been reading some strategy articles/guides around low stakes cash games recently which Dohhh gave me links to and just thought I'd share a really interesting analogy used in one of them:

"The pots where you should bluff are the small ones, where you can feel villains hesitation: "Am I behind or ahead? Is it worth it to call this for this smallish pot?" Villains will talk themselves into folding small pots a lot more often. Why? Because your stack is a weapon, and the pot is a shield. A bet is more threatening when there's lots of money behind: your weapon looks dangerous compared to the shield. When the shield is big, your weapon doesn't look so scary."

Played a £5.25 Hyper a minute ago just for a larff, and won it.

Bankroll: £1,702.90
    Poker Points: 354 (£3.54)
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 20NL to 50NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 50NL by the end of 2013 -----:
    For anyone who doesn't already know, I'm an Everton fan, so I was pretty gutted when I heard Fergie was retiring because I knew Moyes was a cert to take on the job. Now it's been confirmed I guess it's time to get looking for a new manager ourselves. My money is on it being Martinez and I'll be pretty happy with that (as happy as you can be after losing one of the best managers in the Premiership). =============================================================================== I've been reading some strategy articles/guides around low stakes cash games recently which Dohhh gave me links to and just thought I'd share a really interesting analogy used in one of them: "The pots where you should bluff are the small ones, where you can feel villains hesitation: "Am I behind or ahead? Is it worth it to call this for this smallish pot?" Villains will talk themselves into folding small pots a lot more often. Why? Because your stack is a weapon, and the pot is a shield. A bet is more threatening when there's lots of money behind: your weapon looks dangerous compared to the shield. When the shield is big, your weapon doesn't look so scary." Played a £5.25 Hyper a minute ago just for a larff, and won it. Bankroll: £1,702.90 Poker Points: 35 4 (£3.5 4 )
    Posted by Lambert180

Is moyes really that good a manager? I'm not saying this as a wind up but in my opinion you've had better managers in the past. The one that springs to mind is howard kendall who within a few years turned your team from relegation fodder to league champions. And that was a great side in the mid 80s, one of the few teams (arsenal as well off course) to challenge liverpools domination in that era.

Moyes has done well on a limited budget, but in my mind everton are a big club who should be challenging for honours. 

I have a feeling hes going to fall flat on his face at manure. 

Well done with the br mind, I wish my br was as stable as yours rather than swinging hundreds of pounds in either direction !

• edited May 2013
    I think moyes has done a good solid job at everton considering he hasn't really ever been given license to spend much and has always had to sell on his best players, when you think of the players he has picked up at everton for small fees he clearly is a good judge of player and manages to get the best out of him off the top of my head there is lescott,jagielka,baines,arteta,cahill who he developed into top players, i think he is a good choice for manu and deserves his chance, will be interesting either way though especially if mourinho is back at chelsea and mancity sort themselves out next season.

As for everton next manager it's tough as unless you have money to spend it just doesn't see likely you can improve on where you are atm- martinez would be interesting although i perosnally think he is overated and hasn't really done enough to warrant all the praise he gets. There isn't many obvious stand out candidates, read earlier moyes will target baines and fellaini which will make the job even tougher if that happens.

Well done on being given the chance to represent tsp by the way Paul, doesn't seem like that long ago you were considering giving up the cash after a bad session some turnaround.
  • edited May 2013
    Have fun seeing Fellaini and Baines going to Old Trafford!
  • edited May 2013
    @AceGooner - Can you name even 3 managers better than him in the Premiership now (you can still include Fergie)? We do have a big history but are definitely being held back by money issues. So many young players brought through, nurtured, then sold on with little/none of the sale price being spent on new players. Interesting stats I just found on google....

Net spend for the seasons 2007/08 - 2011/12
    (obv doesn't include this season)

Manchester City: £430.77 million

Chelsea: £159.7 million

Liverpool: £99.25 million

Sunderland: £57.6 million

Tottenham Hotspur: £49.4 million

Manchester United: £47.25 million

Swansea City: £8.25 million

Everton: £5 million

Newcastle United: -£30.25 million

Arsenal: -£31.3 million

£5 mil net spend in 5 years and consistently finishing top 8, plenty of cup finals during Moyes' time and even a champions league place.

WP on your net spend btw before you say it.

RE: The BR... it's easy to be stable, just be a BR nit :)

================================================================================

@Benc - Cheers mate, yeh TSP was pretty sweet and yeh funny now that you say it about me thinking of giving up lol. My mental game really sucked back then, and it's still far from perfect but it's definitely better.

Always gonna be tough for Moyes stepping into them shoes but I reckon in time (which I think he will get) he'll definitely come good there.

===============================================================================

@NColley - Sigh yeh I've heard the rumours. Alot more bothered about losing Baines than I am Fellaini tbh but still pretty meh if it happens.
  • edited May 2013
    ya getting close to my bankroll :) 
  • edited May 2013
    @AceGooner - Can you name even 3 managers better than him in the Premiership now (you can still include Fergie)? We do have a big history but are definitely being held back by money issues. So many young players brought through, nurtured, then sold on with little/none of the sale price being spent on new players. Interesting stats I just found on google.... Net spend for the seasons 2007/08 - 2011/12 (obv doesn't include this season) Manchester City : £430.77 million Chelsea : £159.7 million Liverpool : £99.25 million Sunderland : £57.6 million Tottenham Hotspur : £49.4 million Manchester United : £47.25 million Swansea City : £8.25 million Everton : £5 million Newcastle United : -£30.25 million Arsenal : -£31.3 million£5 mil net spend in 5 years and consistently finishing top 8, plenty of cup finals during Moyes' time and even a champions league place. WP on your net spend btw before you say it. RE: The BR... it's easy to be stable, just be a BR nit :) ================================================================================ @Benc - Cheers mate, yeh TSP was pretty sweet and yeh funny now that you say it about me thinking of giving up lol. My mental game really sucked back then, and it's still far from perfect but it's definitely better. Always gonna be tough for Moyes stepping into them shoes but I reckon in time (which I think he will get) he'll definitely come good there. =============================================================================== @NColley - Sigh yeh I've heard the rumours. Alot more bothered about losing Baines than I am Fellaini tbh but still pretty meh if it happens.
    Posted by Lambert180

Thats what I like about you Lambert, thoroughness personified. 

As you have allowed me SAF, I would obviously say AW, he is a fruitcake these days, possibly benitez who under massive pressure has done well to guide chelski to the europa cup final and qualify for the CL. You can't deny his record at pool, even though he was the tinker man.

I also think choke that AVB has done a good job with the spuds, with a very difficult dressing room he seems to be getting them all onside (even ade!). 

Its nothing against moyes, he is a good manager there is no doubt. But he will do well to win half of what SAF has done over the last 20 years. Personally I would have thought mourinho or another more sucessful manager would have fit the bill. 

Remember football works in cycles, it could be time for another team to dominate now. 

• edited May 2013
    Yeah I think the issues with Mourinho, is Man Utd want a Fergie/Moyes type manager, someone who is gonna play the long term game, keep building on the foundations, develop young up and coming players, and someone with real loyalty to the team. Mourinho, I could see coming in, doing well, then leaving within a season or two. I think they want someone to go and do another 20 year stint (Moyes did 10-11 at Everton).

==================================================================================

Last night was a bit meh to say the least, getting really annoyed with MTTs recently. It's something I've been thinking alot about recently, and I think the reason why I enjoy cash more than MTTs these days is that ability to continue playing against bad players no matter what. Like if you're playing against a really bad player in an MTT, and something happens and they bust you, that's it, tough luck, you move on to the next game. In a cash game, if you got a bad player, I can get stacked by them and just think meh I know I'll get it back if I keep playing them.

Anyway, last night I played the £2 Speed rebuy, doing really well, I'm chip leader with about 25k but stacks are still fairly shallow in that comp. I open QQ then give someone a full double up when they decided to peel 34o and the flop came 256hh. Left me with 7xBB, very next hand I ship A3s, called by QJo, river is the Q, CL to out in 2 hands, gg me.

Then played the KOTH, again going quite well, bit above starting stack, then make a pretty standard 3bet shove with ATs into AA, gg me.

Played the £11 rebuy, double rebuy at the start obv so on 4k, doing ok up to about 6k, then give someone a full double up QQ < KK to take me down to 2k ish. So I'm quite short now, maybe 20xBB, I peel a 3b (from an serial 3bettor) with KQ, flop comes QT9ss, villian had 3b 78ss so flopped the open ended straight flush draw (WAL) and got there to stack me. Tilt insta double-rebuyed, doing well again, got my 2nd 4k up to about 18k (IIRC), then in the later stages after getting 3b by the above aggro player non stop, I eventually 4bet him with QQ. The one time I get a hand and 4bet, he flats and stacks me with KK lol, gg me. So was in that for £55 total with the add-on.

Played a £3 all in sat too, no success there but obv not gonna moan about that. Also played 2 x £5.25 Hyper, lost both of them via horrible outdraws but meh that's Hypers. Can definitely tell I was tilting though cos I only ever load up Hypers when I'm tilted (apart from obv when I was grinding them).

So that's a total loss of £82.60 from MTTs & STTs last night.

On the bright side I was 4tabling cash while playing the £11r which stepped up to 6 and eventually 7tabling after I bust the £11r. That started badly, probably wasn't playing 100% A game due to the tournament tilt, but was still playing fairly well and most of my losses were just bad luck. Got myself into grind mode when I was 6-7 tabling and turned it round from like -£120 to +£20.22. Only took one flip for stacks all night, my 99 v the evil penguin's AK but couldn't hold for the £60 pot. That would have made me BE for the day but yeh standard.

So again I find myself asking WHY AM I NOT PLAYING CASH!!

On that note, I'm gonna be taking a break from anything other than cash for a bit because it's annoying to keep winning at cash and then donking it off in tournaments, and I don't think I'm playing so well in them recently. If I do fancy an MTT, I can always have a go on one of my other accounts/sites.

Bankroll: £1,640.52
    Poker Points: 661 (£6.61)
  • edited May 2013
    Congrats to Julian on taking down SPT Dublin! and great news that the satellites have started for Birmingham, so I will surely be ploughing money into them until I get a seat.

I played my first £5.20 sat for a Semi seat earlier, only 5 runners so just winner takes all for 1 seat, bust that in a standard AQ v 66 flip. Then there were no more sats for ages (I've mentioned this in the SPT area of the forum) so I decided to play some HU SnGs as a sort of satellite style way of winning the BI.

All in all today I played 30 HU SnGs @ £5.25 and won 17 of them for a £12.50 profit.

And I haven't long finished playing another £5.20 sat into the SPT Semi where I bubbled the seat but got a few squid for my troubles...

wattsy3240001SPT Birm/ham SemiLambert18002£14.40
    Was doing really well and this hand below would have virtually locked it up, I'd have over 18k chips with only 24k in play @ 200/400 but the 5 arrived. Ah well, got myself a few quid.
    Lambert180 Small blind   200.00 200.00 11380.00
    dustnbones Big blind   400.00 600.00 780.00
      Your hole cards
    • A

wattsy3 All-in   3340.00 3940.00 0.00
    PKRben2012 Fold        
    fishtopher Call   3340.00 7280.00 3302.50
    Lambert180 All-in   11380.00 18660.00 0.00
    dustnbones Fold        
    fishtopher Fold        
    Lambert180 Unmatched bet   8240.00 10420.00 8240.00
    Lambert180 Show
    • A

wattsy3 Show
    • A

Flop

• A

Turn

River

wattsy3 Win Two Pairs, Aces and 5s 10420.00   10420.00
    So lots more SPT sats planned for me, will probably just BI direct to the Semi tonight if I don't win a seat by then.

Bankroll: £1,657.02
    Poker Points: 759 (£7.59)
  • edited May 2013
    Didn,t realise you were up to that much -N1

UL in sats esp hand above - Did u end up buying directly? -gl
  • edited May 2013
    Cheers mate. Getting butchered in the sats as I always do :(

Since my last post I played some more...

1st £5.20 - 3 seats going, and I bubble in 4th.
    2nd £5.20 - 3 seats + cash for 4th, and I came 6th
    3rd £5.20 - 3 seats + cash for 4th and I bubble the money in 5th.
    4th £5.20 - went out early-ish.

Just played the £12 Direct one, and it ended up getting 19 runners so 1 SPT seat + £99 for 2nd. I was 4/8 but jammed JT on the BTN into AJ :(

I've regged the £24 Semi which is gonna start any second, so hoping things go better there. If not, I think my time might be better spent grinding cash instead of satellites, cos the seat is only like 3-4 BIs so might just do that and buy in direct.
  • edited May 2013
    More blah in the £24 SPT Semi, really should have just de-regged it to be honest. Was so worn out of being in super disciplined satellite mode all day and ended up going the other way. 3 barrelled into someone that would have folded if the river hadn't completed their draw.

Also forgot to mention in my last update, I won about £12 on HU SnGs earlier, but then played some mroe earlier in between sats and got butchered and was just unable to win a race, think I won about 3 games out of 10 so lost prob £20ish there.

Finished off the night by loading up 6 tables of 30NL,  played them for about an hour and made £111.81 profit, so somehow after all that, I still managed to finish the day about +£50 overall.

Bankroll: £1,689.53
    Poker Points: 910 (£9.10)
  • edited May 2013
    Just a quick update as I've only played 1 game today. I won my SPT Semi seat today from the first attempt

Lambert180180001Entry to SPT Birm/ham Semiwudibluff02£4.80
    Really sick way for the game to end. We'd been playing HU for about 5+ mins, shallow stacked, and we'd each just been jamming our BTN and swapping blinds with neither of us having a decent enough hand to call it off, then this happens...
    Lambert180 Small blind   400.00 400.00 9545.00
    wudibluff Big blind   800.00 1200.00 7255.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

Lambert180 All-in   9545.00 10745.00 0.00
    wudibluff All-in   7255.00 18000.00 0.00
    Lambert180 Unmatched bet   1890.00 16110.00 1890.00
    Lambert180 Show
    • A
    • A

wudibluff Show
    • K
    • K

Flop

• J

Turn

River

• A

Lambert180 Win Three Aces 16110.00   18000.00
    Bankroll: £1,684.33
    Poker Points: 914 (£9.14)
  • edited May 2013
    gonna say, play cash win the buy in )

may stump up the £120 myself for my first SPT event !!
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 20NL to 50NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 50NL by the end of 2013 ----- SPT Birmingham Sat Grind Starts Here!:
    gonna say, play cash win the buy in ) may stump up the £120 myself for my first SPT event !!
    Posted by rancid
    £110 :p but cool sounds good, as long as you aint on my table!

Won't be buying in direct to any more Semis for £24 but will deffo carry on with the £5 games if only just playing them for cash because they're really good value imo because they're fast and there seems to be a lot of players not sure how to play 10-15xBB stacks.

But yeah, probably end up having to BI from cash winnings.
  • edited May 2013
    yeah maybe just buy in and take a few shots at the sats

see if i can get a two day pass from the missus )

• edited May 2013
    BOOM!!!

Looks like I won't need to grind my SPT BI on the cash tables, just won my seat in tonight's Semi. So today and yesterday combined, think it cost me in the region of £45-£50 so not too bad.

We booked our hotels today so it's game on!

POKEY2011139301Entry to £15k SPT B/hamBOINGBLITZ11267.502Entry to £15k SPT B/hamPOKERTREV105203Entry to £15k SPT B/hamLambert180100304Entry to £15k SPT B/hamBenalman8252.505Entry to £15k SPT B/hamkenchief06£44bbMike07
    Bankroll: £1,684.33
    Poker Points: 934 (£9.34)

• edited May 2013
    Played 2hr 30 mins of 6 tabling tonight and was some serious swongaments. Dished out a few coolers myself and received my fair share. I got it in on the flop 3 times with top 2 or a set on monotone boards and every time was up against a flopped flush... did manage to house my way out of 1 of them though.

Lost track completely of how I was going in the session and thought I was slightly up or maybe BE but stood from the tables and looked and somehow I'm £46.10 down. Not really sure how but gonna be doing a hand review soon with some cash regs so will have a look through.

Bankroll: £1,638.23
    Poker Points: 1123 (£11.23)

• edited May 2013
    Decided to play a few more MTTs tonight, been feeling a bit rubbish about MTTs recently, and while I do think there's plenty of room for improvement in my MTT game, I still think I'm decent and have just been running awful in them recently.

I played the Mini, KOTH, the £11 BH (and a £3 all in sat for the £55 BH).

Two of them I busted out by 3bet shipping into AA and I can't remember my other exit but meh, things didn't go well, no heads, no cash. So that was -£27

Played some HU SnGs after that because I wasn't feeling it to sit down for a cash grind and there were no MTTs I wanted to play. Got butchered again, just repeatedly getting it in with 70/30s like AK v A4 and losing. So lost aonther £31.25 playing £5.25s.

I love playing HU but was getting bored of playing so shallow and just losing races, wanted to play a bit deeper and I always enjoy playing HU in 6max when I'm getting tables going so I sat down @ 30NL HU and waited...

Took quite a while but eventually got a customer and after probably 30 mins of play, I eventually stacked them. First guy was pretty tough going, not really a tough opponent, but just SO tight, that I was winning lots of small pots but was a real struggle to get them to put money in the pot. He left after I stacked him, and the one and only IDCU decided to join me :)

That didn't last too long, we passed chips around for a bit, then he 4bet/called it off with K7s and my QQ held. Left the table with £105 so had £71.55 profit. So somehow managed to turn it round with a bit of luck and finish a tenner up for the day.

The way Donk runs he did have me worried with that 7 on the flop...
    IDONKCALLU Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £29.25
    Lambert180 Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £76.60
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

IDONKCALLU Raise   £0.75 £1.20 £28.50
    Lambert180 Raise   £2.40 £3.60 £74.20
    IDONKCALLU Raise   £6.60 £10.20 £21.90
    Lambert180 All-in   £74.20 £84.40 £0.00
    IDONKCALLU All-in   £21.90 £106.30 £0.00
    Lambert180 Unmatched bet   £47.50 £58.80 £47.50
    IDONKCALLU Show
    • K

Lambert180 Show
    • Q
    • Q

Flop

Turn

River

• J

Lambert180 Win Pair of Queens £57.80   £105.30
    Bankroll: £1,651.53
    Poker Points: 1274 (£12.74)
  • edited May 2013
    What Husngs you been playing Paul? i have been getting destroyed in turbos and speeds since i came back from my month out to the point my confidence has been knocked alot and i have questioned whether i can even beat the game anymore. It has made me work hard on my cash game which is a positive,  but is still a a major annoyance, so frustrating feeling that i can't beat the game, it isn't an off the cuff response to losing over like 50 games either i think i have played over 550-600 hu games this month and whatever i do i can't seem to get it right.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 20NL to 50NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 50NL by the end of 2013 ----- SPT Birmingham Seat Won!:
    What Husngs you been playing Paul? i have been getting destroyed in turbos and speeds since i came back from my month out to the point my confidence has been knocked alot and i have questioned whether i can even beat the game anymore. It has made me work hard on my cash game which is a positive,  but is still a a major annoyance, so frustrating feeling that i can't beat the game, it isn't an off the cuff response to losing over like 50 games either i think i have played over 550-600 hu games this month and whatever i do i can't seem to get it right.
    Posted by benc
    id try to make the transition to HU cash.. i used play soley $50/1 - $1/2 HU on FT before they went down, IMO its the best form of any poker. the game s hardly run on here and very few regs will play.. the only thing with playin lower limits is the rake will destory u .. 

im not sure on the srtuctures of the turbo games u play but would imagine there massively high variance.? 
  • edited May 2013
    Mostly stopped the Hypers cos just cba with the swings, I did playe 2 hypers last night, but the other like 20+ games I played where all either Turbo or Speed. There is a bit more play in these but like Lnarinoo said, they are still massively high variance.

They can be pretty brutal Benc even over large samples, much the same as MTTs, you can go on long runs of doing terrible and sometimes when you're going through that it's hard to differentiate between whether you're playing bad or just running badly. For a while I've been thinking I must be playing like a donkey in MTTs cos I@m getting no-where but I just don't know know if it's bad play or variance or (most likely) a bit of both

I feel I have a much bigger edge playing 100xBB deep with someone HU than in a HU SnG where effective stacks are usually like 10-20xBB deep at the sharp end, it's just a question of whether my bigger edge is counter-acted by the high rake at low levels.