You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Great action on that spade flop, unlucky. Not to derail your thread at all, but I really only came on to say cats > dogs :)
  • edited April 2013
    dohhhh shoving on a all spade flop ??? surely he only gets called by a flush or am i missing summit
  • edited April 2013
    reppin nfd innit
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 20NL to 50NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 50NL by the end of 2013 -----:
    dohhhh shoving on a all spade flop ??? surely he only gets called by a flush or am i missing summit
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Yeah but he knows V me he's like 98.4% to house up

FWIW, I'd be calling him with sets, but obv he has the worst set so that's not great for him lol.
  • edited April 2013
    Well firstly I'll discuss TSP :) I mentioned in my last post that I might have to sacrifice Priority because I'm bust this weekend. I'm going down for the team gathering on Thursday and fingers crossed we'll be there till Sunday so think I'll give Priority a miss this month.

Being a part of TSP is something I have ALWAYS wanted to do, virtually from as soon as I joined the site and saw any footage of the TSP guys (back then it was like Gliterbabe and Redmond etc), I always wanted to get in via the league system but just never played enough/high enough to have any chance.

When I got an email from Tikay yesterday asking me to give him a call, I obviously had suspicions what it is was about and was just like 'wow, please tell me I'm not jumping the gun!'. Was so happy when he offered me the place and am really excited to represent TSP at such a big event.

The opportunity to win £100k+ is great but that really is secondary for me, and whatever happens I know it's gonna be alot of fun and a really great experience.

================================================================================

As for tonight, I heard Hartigan on 861 talking about there was so much overlay in the ME at 8pm, they were like 200 runners short of the guarantee and obv some will come thru late reg but I figured it was still gonna finish with overlay and Emma convinced me to play.

So I late-regged the ME only about 5 mins late and was bust before the mini even started lol, got it in with what I thought was TPTK v FD... turned out to be TPTK v AA... gg me.

Then I meant to de-reg from the mini but never got round to it and it ended up loading so I had no choice but to play. I won't lie, I ran VERY well, only 1 sick outdraw all game when I got it in Q8 v AQ and binked the 8, apart from that I was just getting it in good and holding but that is most definitely a form of rungood.

So there were 496 runners and I went and took it down for a total of £398.29 which is by far my biggest cash on Sky to date. Prior to that my biggest was only about £120.

Lambert1809920001£310 + £88.29 Head Prizes14£23.92
    Really fantastic result, great feeling to take down a big field :)

So that does give my BR a really nice boost.

Bankroll: £1,726.75
    Poker Points: 4264 (£68.22)
  • edited April 2013
    Well done on TSP mate im chuffed for you. Good luck at the weekend, drinks are on you if you win haha

And well done on winning tonight! Quite a day.

What does it involve mate in TSP? Is it just like an entry into a big tournie?

Once again well done mate, you really deserve it
  • edited April 2013
    good day for u then ) nice  to be running well going into the weekend

wd & gl

• edited April 2013
    Cheers guys :)

@Larson - I'm not really 100% sure yet, all the details are gonna be sent to me but I know it includes the £1100 buy-in to the Monte Carlo tourney at Dusk Til Dawn and probably a Sky Poker hoody etc (Emma seems to have already called dibs on this lol). I'll let you know when I know.

Yeah, what a day! What a month really! Hope my rungood lasts till the weekend.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 20NL to 50NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 50NL by the end of 2013 -----:
    Cheers guys :)@Larson - I'm not really 100% sure yet, all the details are gonna be sent to me but I know it includes the £1100 buy-in to the Monte Carlo tourney at Dusk Til Dawn and probably a Sky Poker hoody etc (Emma seems to have already called dibs on this lol). I'll let you know when I know. Yeah, what a day! What a month really! Hope my rungood lasts till the weekend.
    Posted by Lambert180

Over the moon for ya mate.

Brilliant choice for TSP and im certain you will do yourself and the team proud.

Also WD on winning the mini mate, like i told you last week it only takes one bink to boost that br.

GL Daz.
  • edited April 2013
    Alrite lambert!! Congrats on the bink last night and well done on making it into TSP nothing like a 1100£ free roll, enjoy it!! 

Good luck at the weekend 
  • edited April 2013
    congratulations Paul on joining TSP and on ME  win

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    So your biggest win just after joining TSP? HMM~~~~~
  • edited April 2013
    Congrats on the win last night mate, an good look at Dusk Till Dawn

Good time to play a big tourny off the back of a win :)
  • edited April 2013
    Just seen the TSP news!! Congrats Pal. Well deserved!

Glglgl

• edited April 2013
    Huge congrats....very much deserved. Best of luck to you and enjoy yourself
  • edited April 2013
    Thanks again everyone for the kind words.

Will be driving down to get to my hotel for 5pm tomorrow to meep up with the team and have some drinks before the big day on Friday, can't wait :)
  • edited April 2013
    no been on for a couple of days and just saw the gd news paul

well done on your mtt bink and brilliant achievement gettin picked for tsp hope you do well gl m8
  • edited April 2013
    Good luck at the weekend mate.

What an amazing experience, must have been some feeling getting that phone call from TK lol

Similiar to what other people said prior to it being announced you had been picked you really do deserve it.

All the best buddy
  • edited April 2013
    Right, this is gonna be my last post for a good few days, as I'm heading off to Nottingham later today. I'll be leaving around 3pm to get to my hotel for about 5ish. Meet up with the team at 6pm and try not to get too drunk before the big day.

Got my game plan sorted, Friday crush, Saturday crush some more, Sunday win it ;)

I'm useless when it comes to having the latest gadgets/phones etc so my phone doesn't even know what the internet is. Bit of a shame as I can't keep people updated on Twitter or anything but TK and Orford are gonna be there reporting on it and I'm sure as there's only a small group of us, they should be providing pretty regular updates.

GL meeee, run golden :)

• edited April 2013
    Most of you will know the general idea of how my Monte Carlo went but I'm gonna write a post on here about it all tomorrow. I was gonna do it tonight but lots to say and it's been a really long day and I just need to get to bed.

I played 1hr 30 mins of 3tabling 30NL tonight. There was a reason I was 3tabling but dunno if I can mention it, so I'll leave it at that. I finished +£28.93 for the night.

Bankroll: £1,755.68
    Poker Points: 4331 (£69.30)
  • edited April 2013
    Cryptic!

Looking forward to the trip report.
  • edited April 2013
    Well done on binking the mini, also for getting picked for TSP for Monte

Look forward to your blog, so jel :)
  • edited April 2013
    Well done Paul on a memorable week. Unlucky on losing the flip. 

P.S. is the new software good then? Pity you can only play 3 tables on it at the moment.

• edited April 2013
    Most of you will know the general idea of how my Monte Carlo went but I'm gonna write a post on here about it all tomorrow. I was gonna do it tonight but lots to say and it's been a really long day and I just need to get to bed. I played 1hr 30 mins of 3tabling 30NL tonight. There was a reason I was 3tabling but dunno if I can mention it, so I'll leave it at that. I finished +£28.93 for the night. Bankroll: £1,755.68 Poker Points: 4331 (£69.30)
    Posted by Lambert180

Nice BR figure, everytime I look at your diary its progress all the way. What I am dying to know is why you played 3 tables, come on spill the beans !

• edited April 2013
    Sorry, I still aint done my TSP update. I ended up getting a cash session in tonight, only just stood and not really in the mood for writing it now after tonight's session. Definitely tomorrow!!!

Was a pretty brutal session, one of them sessions where every single time you have a hand you get zero action and everytime you run a bluff you get some hero call/station with 3rd pr no kicker :) Got taken for 2 stacks in the space of 4 hands, both hands I had AA in a 3b pot (me being the aggressor), first time villian flopped 2pr, second time same villian from the other hand just 2 hands earlier, he flops a set. Sigh.

Oh I played a £5.50 HU BH Shuffle before the session but didn't get anything for that.

So my cash session finished -£193.59

Bankroll: £1,556.59
    Poker Points: 4785 (£76.56)
  • edited April 2013
    Had a punt on a few cheap MTTs this morning, just for a bit of fun really.

£5.50 Time Tourney - bust

£1.60 Micro Sat into the Semi for tonight's ME - bust that in pretty horrible style. Stacks are fairly shallow, think there are about 11 people left with 3 seats up for grabs. I'm 2nd in chips and only have 12xBB, the chip leader is to my left and only has like 14xBB (most have like 3-4xBB). Folds to me on the SB, and I ship into him with K9s, he calls with QTs and gets there. It's not so horrible losing a 60/40, I can live with that, but just the fact there is zero reason for him to take the gamble calling it off with QT against 2nd in chips. Oh well.

£3.30 £50 GTD - bust

£2.20 Time Tourney - cashed for £4.55

So a total MTT loss of £8.05 this morning.

Then I went through some HHs with some of the cash regs on Skype, and rightly so, pointed out some horrendous mistakes from last night. Looking through them myself was pretty horrible, some situations where I just don't know what I must have been thinking at the time, cos I can see myself now it's horrible. Ah well, it's reinforced a few things. Then I did a live sweat with them for abuot 1hr 30 mins, just 5tabling (4x 30NL and 1x 20NL cos tables just weren't running). and made a profit of £27.57

Bankroll: £1,576.11
    Poker Points: 4911 (£78.58)
  • edited April 2013
    Monte Carlo Update

Ok, so finally I'm gonna do my MC update. Firstly if I haven't said it enough already, I was really honoured and over the moon to be chosen for TSP.

I set off on the Thursday for the pre-match pub meet-up and in true Lambo style, things weren't smooth from the get go. My hotel didn't have it's own parking so I had a post code to put in my sat-nav for the nearby NCP car park, did that all fine, then realised I didn't know the way to the hotel. I knew it was like 2 mins walk away but there about 5 different roads I could take and I couldn't see the hotel. Asked about 3 people who have never even heard of the Britannia hotel until eventually someone pointed me in the right direction.

Got to Ye Olde Trip To Jerusalem (as Tommy mentioned, apparently the oldest pub in the world) about 7pm. Was a good night out, lots of very interesting anecdotes from Andrew1947 and a fair amount of poker talk (I can happily talk poker till the cows come home). I have no idea when but at some point Ryan and JamieLou turned up and we left shortly after to go get a curry.

I had a pretty terrible night's sleep, ended up waking up about 8am which meant I ended up killing time watching Fraiser on channel 4 for a bit. Got my TSP shirt, did my interview with Orford and got sat down on a really good table (which I stayed on for the entire tourney), I'd say only 1-2 players on the table were troublesome. I didn't really get involved in any big pots, just kept picking up loads of small pots and chipping up slowly. Got to around 70k in chips then got it in AK v 99 against a 20k stack but couldn't get there. Kinda dwindled a bit after this and was probably down to about 38k at one of the breaks. First hand after the break, I flat an open IP with 78s and I flop the flush on 23T, he C/C the flop, then C/R a blank turn all-in and I snap him off to see JT and get back up to just under 70k.  Dwindled a bit again, a couple of badly timed bluffs and one call down on a dry flop and turn w/ 88, to see him checkback JJ on the river. My exit hand I have AKhh with around 28k @ 500/1k, there are 2 limps in front of me so I bump it up to 4.5k, I get shipped on by the initial limper and just have to call imo (even more so because he'd been shipping over SO many 3bets and opens in the last few orbits), he turns over TT and I lose my second flip of the day to bust out. Think I bust out about 20 mins before the end of level 10, and they played 11 levels in day 1.

Of course, I was disappointed to have busted out so early, but I think I played really well and that's the nature of the beast with MTTs... most times you're gonna bust out with nothing.

After that I just spent the rest of the day and part of Saturday railing and sitting with the rest of TSP and Tikay in 'bust out corner' which again was great fun.

Saw some pretty sick or famous (or both) players like Jake Cody, James Atkin, Channing, Jamie Burland and Devilfish.

All in all, it was a great weekend, and if the opportunity ever comes up again to represent Sky then (in the style of Suarez) I'll bite their arm off :)

=============================================================================

After all that, I'll keep the update from today's play short.

I played the £5.50 mini and bust out fairly early with no heads. I played a £5.75 £500 GTD BH where I got £4.34 of heads and then stone bubbled which is always pretty sigh. I was 6/12 with 11 paid and could have sat back for a bit but as always, when ya going for the win, sometimes your prize is being bubble boy.

Also played a £6 direct sat into the £55 BH tonight. Was doing pretty well, then shipped 77 into K6, flopped my set but they got runner runner straight to take me out.

So -£12.91 on MTTs tonight.

Then I loaded up some cash, 6tables, about 2.5 hours, and £49.81 profit.

Back above £1.6k and over the 5k point mark

Bankroll: £1,613.01
    Poker Points: 5051 (£90.92)
  • edited April 2013
    so blinds are 1k/2k   and u got 28k    and 2 limpers 2k each  and u raise to 4.5k ?  its a standard shove here or am i missing summit 
  • edited April 2013
    so blinds are 1k/2k   and u got 28k    and 2 limpers 2k each  and u raise to 4.5k ?  its a standard shove here or am i missing summit 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Sorry, I'll go edit that, it was 500/1k cos I know I had 28 bigs. So it was 1k, 1k, 4.5k, ship, call.

1k/2k didn't even happen till day 2.
  • edited April 2013
    wouldnt it be better to ship even at 500/1k blinds ?  looks like a squeeze spot and ya have mahoooosive hand

ya woulda got called by 1010 but thats being results orienated however u spell it :p