You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited March 2013
    well done on march keep it up and gl for april

look forward to seeing your session if you get it recorded will it be like smitalos in his video his session.?

also your last target is my biggest leak i`m a big tilter, for example I win 6 days out the week say on average 2-3bi`s up a day then my losing day out the week i would lose like 6-bi`s losing half my profit really something I need to fix.
  • edited March 2013
    congratulations on a great month Paul
    nice isn't it after putting in so much effort and seeing the reward makes it all worth while.
    4 figure b/roll looks good too,doesn't it for the 1st time.
    what you and others are achieving now playing cash is going to inspire myself and others i'm sure,who are currently playing the micro levels.
    best wishes for April and making priority will certainly help too.
    'be lucky'
    :)
    dev
  • edited March 2013
    Cheers Liam. If you mean will it be recording my screen as I play, while I talk over what I'm doing/why I'm doing it then yes, will it be as funny as Smitty? Not sure.

Yeah tilt is a real win-rate killer.

Thanks Dev. Yeah if I make Priority then it's pretty much 10 x 30NL BIs so will certainly help me along the way but I'm obviously wanting to make money from the games too. Years of Doh's ranting that 'profit /> C4P' sunk in a while ago.
  • edited April 2013
    Well the HU tourney yesterday totally sucked lol, cos I went out first round. Was just frustrating because of the 1hr 30 min drive to play for about 30 mins. but oh well, fast structure and HU I was well aware it could happen.

Didn't do too much wrong I dont think but sometimes that happens HU. It was starting stack of 5k with 10 minute blinds. Couple of iffy spots where I maybe bluffed 1 street too many but no major mistakes I dont think.

25/50 (100xBB deep)
    50/100 - (50xBB deep)
    100/200 (25xBB deep)

Pretty fast structure considering live you might only get 10 hands per 10 mins but yeah that was in my favour imo I wouldnt know what the levels were after that cos that's as far as I got lol. But yeah pretty standard stuff imo, Lost a decent sized pot @ 100/200, we both had about even stacks maybe 4500 v 5500 in his favour. I raised the BTN with 8T and barrelled a couple of streets on 8AA53 to see him a small Ax.

Next hand I have like just under 2k so about 9xBB, he shoves, I snap call with A6, he's got 22, board pairs to give me some extra outs but couldn't get there. Was fun while it lasted anyway.

===============================================================================

Played some cash this morning and it started very badly, a few bad stack offs (maybe) and a couple of just nasty situations where I was on the wrong end of it, one of which being this but looking back against this villian I should know that it is 100% a boat on the turn...
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    mymum Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £18.80
    X Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £56.76
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • A

Lambert180 Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £52.07
    lurcha Fold        
    liamboi11 Fold        
    Rubbernix Fold        
    mymum Fold        
    X Call   £0.40 £1.30 £56.36
    Flop

• Q
    • Q

X Check        
    Lambert180 Bet   £0.80 £2.10 £51.27
    X Call   £0.80 £2.90 £55.56
    Turn

X Check        
    Lambert180 Bet   £1.99 £4.89 £49.28
    X Raise   £5.43 £10.32 £50.13
    Lambert180 Raise   £10.00 £20.32 £39.28
    X Call   £6.56 £26.88 £43.57
    River

X Check        
    Lambert180 Bet   £15.20 £42.08 £24.08
    X Call   £15.20 £57.28 £28.37
    Lambert180 Show
    • Q
    • A

X Show

X Win Full House, 10s and Queens £55.48   £83.85
    To be fair I probably got off quite lightly really, standard river call when you aint got the stone cold nuts ;)

So yeah was down quite a bit of moniez early on in the session, managed to grind alot of it back though, still finished -£72.36 for the session which is well deserved after how badly I played some hands, not even worth clinic'ing cos I just know they're awful and why.

Slow start to the C4P, god knows why, I got my stack in enough today!! Anyways, will deffo be playing the Turbo ME tonight now that they've lowered the BI, which means I'll also be playing the mini too, but I'll probably stick 3-4 cash tables up too while I'm doing them.

Bankroll: £1,067.5924 C4P to come)
    Poker Points: 218
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 20NL to 50NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 50NL by the end of 2013 -----:
    Well the HU tourney yesterday totally sucked lol, cos I went out first round. Was just frustrating because of the 1hr 30 min drive to play for about 30 mins. but oh well, fast structure and HU I was well aware it could happen. Didn't do too much wrong I dont think but sometimes that happens HU. It was starting stack of 5k with 10 minute blinds. Couple of iffy spots where I maybe bluffed 1 street too many but no major mistakes I dont think. 25/50 (100xBB deep) 50/100 - (50xBB deep) 100/200 (25xBB deep) Pretty fast structure considering live you might only get 10 hands per 10 mins but yeah that was in my favour imo I wouldnt know what the levels were after that cos that's as far as I got lol. But yeah pretty standard stuff imo, Lost a decent sized pot @ 100/200, we both had about even stacks maybe 4500 v 5500 in his favour. I raised the BTN with 8T and barrelled a couple of streets on 8AA53 to see him a small Ax. Next hand I have like just under 2k so about 9xBB, he shoves, I snap call with A6, he's got 22, board pairs to give me some extra outs but couldn't get there. Was fun while it lasted anyway. =============================================================================== Played some cash this morning and it started very badly, a few bad stack offs (maybe) and a couple of just nasty situations where I was on the wrong end of it, one of which being this but looking back against this villian I should know that it is 100% a boat on the turn... Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance mymum Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £18.80 X Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £56.76   Your hole cards Q A       Lambert180 Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £52.07 lurcha Fold         liamboi11 Fold         Rubbernix Fold         mymum Fold         X Call   £0.40 £1.30 £56.36 Flop     10 Q Q       X Check         Lambert180 Bet   £0.80 £2.10 £51.27 X Call   £0.80 £2.90 £55.56 Turn     5       X Check         Lambert180 Bet   £1.99 £4.89 £49.28 X Raise   £5.43 £10.32 £50.13 Lambert180 Raise   £10.00 £20.32 £39.28 X Call   £6.56 £26.88 £43.57 River     2       X Check         Lambert180 Bet   £15.20 £42.08 £24.08 X Call   £15.20 £57.28 £28.37 Lambert180 Show Q A       X Show 10 10       X Win Full House, 10s and Queens £55.48   £83.85 To be fair I probably got off quite lightly really, standard river call when you aint got the stone cold nuts ;) So yeah was down quite a bit of moniez early on in the session, managed to grind alot of it back though, still finished -£72.36 for the session which is well deserved after how badly I played some hands, not even worth clinic'ing cos I just know they're awful and why. Slow start to the C4P, god knows why, I got my stack in enough today!! Anyways, will deffo be playing the Turbo ME tonight now that they've lowered the BI, which means I'll also be playing the mini too, but I'll probably stick 3-4 cash tables up too while I'm doing them. Bankroll: £1,06 7.59 (£ 24 C4P to come) Poker Points: 218
    Posted by Lambert180
    flat his turn 3bet or raise bigger to set up a river shove. think I prefer flatting
  • edited April 2013
    Well that was like the shortest Mini + Main I've ever had... think I was out of both by about 8:40pm lol. The mini I shipped 77 into AA, the main I just bluffed off into top pair who wouldn't fold :(

On the upside I was +£37.91 on the cash tables during that time so atm it stands at....

I've had a smoke and will be playing cash tables for as long as Emma lasts in the mini and the main (she's doing great in both so hopefully a good grind)

Bankroll: £1,089.00 (£24 C4P to come)
    Poker Points: 268

• edited April 2013
    Right, well that's me done for the night.

Emma went out the main when there was a sneaky UTG limp w/ AQ and she shipped with a weaker Ax. She's not long bust the mini, just inside the cash BvB K8 shipped into A7 and couldn't get there.

So I probably played about 1hr 30 of 6tabling 30NL, and things definitely went better than my earlier session. Few ugly spots, like getting it in QQ v AA on the turn on a J-high board V Bromley04. Although to be fair, I dished out a few nasty ones myself like when I peeled J9s pre and got it in on KQT against KK and held

All in all, I made another £77.34 profit so a good way to end the day.

Priority wise, given 30 days in the month, I need an average of 333 per day. I'm only on 394 so far but didn't play yesterday. I expect to be getting a few 600+ days in so I can have quite a few days off but yeah, quite happy with the start from 1 day's play.

Bankroll: £1,166.34 (£24 C4P to come)
    Poker Points: 394

• edited April 2013
    No info to give really but Emma went for a bath so I decided to get a bit more grind in. Pretty much break even (+19p) session, but much more on target now C4P wise for 2 days of the month down.

Bankroll: £1,166.5324 C4P to come)
    Poker Points: 639 (£5.11)
  • edited April 2013
    Nice work mate, keep it going. Been a brilliant read this, i'm sure you will get your target of 50BIs for 50NL before the year ends the way you have been going so far :)
  • edited April 2013
    Cheers Skeg, I hope it goes as smoothly as people keep telling me it will be :)

I've been thinking about my diary a bit recently, and I really don't hope it all sounds like a glorified brag. I've certainly shown the downs in the past, and will continue to show them as they inevitably happen.

I just think back to when I was starting out and heard stories of people like Pryce6 and Scotty77 starting at the low levels and working their way to the top. Now I don't think I'm anywhere near their standard but I remember thinking at the time how great it would have been to have been able to see them do a blog/diary of their progress and how they got there and this is what I've always tried to acheive.

I know and agree with the adage of GIQ and I understand why some people don't want to post about £££ results at high stakes cash but as a low stakes player I always thought it would be interesting to hear the swings involved for some of the higher stakes players, so hopefully one day I'll be able to provide that.
  • edited April 2013
    Snook in a cheeky hour while Emma went out shopping. Really struggled to get tables going at first but finally managed to get up to 4 tables (2 x 20NL and 2 x 30NL) and made a small profit of £20.56

I'll be overseeing the points scoring for community Wednesday tonight. I was gonna play it myself but having set the target of Priority, and the fact I don't want to be playing every day of the month, I wanna use my poker time as efficiently as possible. Playing it would mean I'd still be playing so no day off, but basically a day off from earning any serious points and there's no way I can handle cash at the same time as 6tabling MTTs.

An aim within an aim... next session I'm gonna aim to get over the 1000 point mark.

Bankroll: £1,187.09 (£24 C4P to come)
    Poker Points: 687 (£5.50)
  • edited April 2013
    1st time poster on your diary although I read it every day as I to am a low stakes player and always looking for inspiration from others.

Massive well done for hitting the 1K mark and having the confidence to move up levels

Both you and GaryQQQ are a credit to the community for taking the time out to share your thoughts in your diaries and it really helps me continue to understand the game

Good luck at the tables

Graeme
  • edited April 2013
    Thanks Spurs, it's always nice to hear people enjoy the diary.

Just finished a session there, think it was about 3 and half hours of 6tabling. Felt like a proper grind, towards the end I could tell I was losing focus, no bad decisions or anything but just getting tired and struggling to focus my eyes on the tables.

That said, it was a very good grind! I finished the session +£92.39 so have smashed the £1200 mark, and will have broken £1300 when my C4P comes in.

Bit disappointing on the C4P front because it felt like that session lasted forever! Obviously moniez />> C4P but yeah.

In desperate need of a smoke and a break from the tables, but should be back on the tables in time for happy hour because I wanna keep on top of the average 333 per day needed by finishing today on 1000+

Bankroll: £1,279.48 (£24 C4P to come)
    Poker Points: 876 (£7.01)
  • edited April 2013
    Hey Paul,

I've started playing the turbo heads up games, just  wondered if you would like a £1 game, best of 5?
  • edited April 2013
    Yeah why not. I'm too tired atm, just trying to get the scores finished for this Community Wednesday thing, but if you gimme a shout on my diary sometime, tomorrow or whenever you're free, then I'm up for a best of 5.

EDIT: btw as you can see, I didn't come back for another session to get to 1k points because I've been mucking about with these scores for ages.
  • edited April 2013
    lol nice1,

i wont be on tomor till after 11ish, we could get it going at midnight or just after if you are about.
  • edited April 2013
    Got a session in today. Started pretty well, but made some proper awful calls at stages, playing well mostly but every now and then a failed hero call set me back again so was always playing catch up throughout the session. Finished a little bit down and rightly so, should have been more tbh.

Although it sucked to get it in QJ v JT on Jxx board for about 200xBB @ 20NL (I had my reasons to get it in there and be happy about it) and turn insta binks the T :(

So finished -£2.65 which is pretty great after some of the donkeyish play and lost a few races AK v PPs etc. I did make one very good (imo) hero call which was correct but I won't past that here cos it was on MC so gonna send it into the show tonight.

Broke the 1000 point mark today after being too tired to do it last night, need about another 250 tonight though for me to still be on track for where I should be after 4 days.

Bankroll: £1,276.83 (£24 C4P to come)
    Poker Points: 1062 (£10.62)
  • edited April 2013
    Evening all,

Well tonight was cooler city for me. Checked with others to make sure I'm not just being a fish and they were all genuine coolers, so I got stacked in spots I can't ever fold about 6 times. Was also really swingy in general cos there were a few more aggro players tonight than normal, got it in AK v QQ or QQ v AK I think 3 times, and only lost 2, so that's pretty standard.

Session was a lot worse than it finished but towards the end, one of the tables was breaking and I ended up playing HU with one of the best players at the level (imo) and managed to stack him twice somehow.

Finished the night -£75.96 which I'm pretty amazed by considering how brutal it was.

Just about dead on target for Priority atm, would nice to be able to get ahead a bit though so I don't end up relying on having to finish it off on the last day of the month.

Bankroll: £1,200.87 (£24 C4P to come)
    Poker Points: 1326 (£13.26)
  • edited April 2013
    Howdy folks,

I didn't play at all yesterday. I did plan a big Friday night grind as it's a good night to play but instead me and Emma watched about 6 hours straight of Dexter which was obv MILES more fun than grinding away. Such a brilliant show, I dread to think what them kinda shows (24 etc) would be like if you had to actually watch an hour, then wait a whole week for the next one. I've always been late coming to them so have had the option to do 'em in big chunks.

It does mean I'm a bit behind on the grind, points wise but I'll sort it out at some point. Bit annoying cos I thought I'd catch up on points with a grind tonight but I quite fancy playing the main and mini for a change... dunno I'll decide in a bit.

Just finished playing for an hour, only 4 tables. I also played my first bit of 40NL in that session just cos I seen a table going with a lot of randoms on it and wanted to get sat down somewhere. Dunno why tables were so hard to get going on a Saturday evening, I sat down at one 30NL table pretty much at the start of a session, empty table, trying to get some games going. By the end of the hour, not 1 person had sat with me. Clearly no1 likes me :(

Anyway, I got my £24 C4P through today and in that session I was +£44.50 so a good hour there.

Someone PM'd me recently asking me to send them the cash spreadsheet I use to track my results, and it reminded me that I haven't used that spreadsheet for ages. Ever since I went on a horrible run, which I now recognise was partly coolers but my game then was also SO full of gaping leaks it's unbelievable, it was just so depressing updating it and Rancid suggested I stop focussing on the results all the time and just try to play well and let things happen.

So I'm gonna get back on track with completing that now.

In other news, Emma has somehow convinced me, and I use the word convinced very loosely (I didn't really have a say), that it's a good idea to get 2 kittens. We went to see them the other night but they're still only 6 weeks old so gotta wait another couple of weeks before we can take them home, so I'll stick a few pictures up of them soon.

Bankroll: £1,269.37
    Poker Points: 1427 (£14.27)
  • edited April 2013
    I ended up having dinner about 8pm, didnt get round to looking at the lobby till about 8:30pm and didn't fancy late regging the ME so gave that a miss and decided to just do a cash grind instead.

Started about 9:30pm and finished about 11:30pm playing 6 tables (5x 30NL and 1 x 20NL), pretty disappointed with my C4P total, sure it's less than normal for that volume and I wasn't playing any tighter than normal, maybe I was just in less big pots than normal. Either way profit is more important and I made another £29.42 profit so can't complain.

I like to try to stick a hand in here from most sessions so here's one of me just being golden... WAL
    TROGG463 Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £30.40
    Pokiri Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £18.81
    X Big blind   £0.30 £0.75 £23.70
      Your hole cards

X Raise   £0.30 £1.05 £23.40
    Lambert180 Call   £0.60 £1.65 £28.50
    rtc Fold        
    westwood01 Call   £0.60 £2.25 £15.63
    TROGG463 Call   £0.45 £2.70 £29.95
    Pokiri Call   £0.30 £3.00 £18.51
    Flop

• K

TROGG463 Check        
    Pokiri Check        
    X All-in   £23.40 £26.40 £0.00
    Lambert180 All-in   £28.50 £54.90 £0.00
    westwood01 Fold        
    TROGG463 Fold        
    Pokiri Fold        
    Lambert180 Unmatched bet   £5.10 £49.80 £5.10
    X Show
    • K
    • Q

Lambert180 Show

Turn

• K

River

Lambert180 Win Full House, 4s and Kings £48.00   £53.10
    I'm now 400 points behind target so need to get my groove on, but already +£100 for the month so still good going.

Bankroll: £1,298.79
    Poker Points: 1588 (£15.88)
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 20NL to 50NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 50NL by the end of 2013 -----:
    I ended up having dinner about 8pm, didnt get round to looking at the lobby till about 8:30pm and didn't fancy late regging the ME so gave that a miss and decided to just do a cash grind instead. Started about 9:30pm and finished about 11:30pm playing 6 tables (5x 30NL and 1 x 20NL), pretty disappointed with my C4P total, sure it's less than normal for that volume and I wasn't playing any tighter than normal, maybe I was just in less big pots than normal. Either way profit is more important and I made another £29.42 profit so can't complain. I like to try to stick a hand in here from most sessions so here's one of me just being golden... WAL Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance TROGG463 Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £30.40 Pokiri Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £18.81 X Big blind   £0.30 £0.75 £23.70   Your hole cards 4 4       X Raise   £0.30 £1.05 £23.40 Lambert180 Call   £0.60 £1.65 £28.50 rtc Fold         westwood01 Call   £0.60 £2.25 £15.63 TROGG463 Call   £0.45 £2.70 £29.95 Pokiri Call   £0.30 £3.00 £18.51 Flop     6 K 4       TROGG463 Check         Pokiri Check         X All-in   £23.40 £26.40 £0.00 Lambert180 All-in   £28.50 £54.90 £0.00 westwood01 Fold         TROGG463 Fold         Pokiri Fold         Lambert180 Unmatched bet   £5.10 £49.80 £5.10 X Show K Q       Lambert180 Show 4 4       Turn     K       River     9       Lambert180 Win Full House, 4s and Kings £48.00   £53.10 I'm now 400 points behind target so need to get my groove on, but already +£100 for the month so still good going. Bankroll: £1,298.79 Poker Points: 1588 (£15.88)
    Posted by Lambert180

Im certain your BR wont take too long to hit your target mate if you can find tables with guys doing stuff like this :)  NH

• edited April 2013
    nice going Paul,
    and thanks for your earlier post,much appreciated
    seeing what you are doing here is just inspiring me to hopefully be where you are now,one day.
    gl
    :)
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    Cheers Daz and Devon.

I've decided seen as tonight is the last chance to get into TSP and it's obviously something I'd love to do, I'm gonna give it a good bash. I've played 2 x £6.60 direct sats so far with no success. Then I played the £13 Semi, it got quite a big field and had 12 seats + cash on offer. The structure is very fast with very shallow stacks so once you get to like 100/200 you basically can't afford to lose a single hand without it seriously denting your chances. I was doing well with about 30 left but got it in AJ v A3 and couldn't hold, never really recovered from that point and ended up shipping Q9s into JJ to finish 21st (I think).

So lost £26.20 on them, and I've decided I'm gonna just BI direct to the Final for £60

I did start a cash session just before but had to stop after only 30 mins cos I've gotta go do something now. I did manage to cooler Dohh in this short period so made a £14.39 profit. Will probably be playing a few cash tables alongside the TSP final.

Pleease rungood!!

Bankroll: £1,286.98
    Poker Points: 1636 (£16.36)

• edited April 2013
    Just a quick update to say I busted 38th out of I think 64 in the TSP thing. Pretty tilted by my own stupidity. My exit hand I minraise from 20xBB w/ AKo ready to snap off a shove, 1 seat to my left clicks it back, folds back round to me and I just KNOW it's literally KK+ but does that stop me shipping? Noooo of course not lol... villian shows AA, gg me.

Was already slightly tilted by the fact I was playing 2 cash tables on the side and got it aipf with Dohhhh, AA v QQ and he binked again. So it's only twice I think I've got it in pre with Dohhh, AA v QQ and KK v QQ and I've lost 'em both.

Been slowing scraping back some of the damage on these 2 tables but now I got the TSP out the way, gonna load up more cash tables and do a big grind.

DO NOT TILT PAUL!!
  • edited April 2013
    Hello All,

I feared this might be a nightmare-ish post after being a bit annoyed earlier but thankfully it isn't. FWIW btw, I mentioned in the post above about getting it aipf w/ AA v QQ and losing, I got the favour returned later getting it in QQ v KK and the board running out 89TJx so balance is restored ;)

Another good session tonight, slight decrease in my roll overall for the day but that's courtesy of the TSP satellites and then buying in direct to it. This session I made a profit of £38.30

Here's a nice hand that happened tonight, not a particularly big one but a very nice flop all the same...
    Roversboy1 Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £4.98
    laura11 Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £50.37
      Your hole cards
    • Q

TheRaven Fold        
    Lambert180 Raise   £0.90 £1.35 £63.77
    tatohead Fold        
    rtc Fold        
    Roversboy1 Call   £0.75 £2.10 £4.23
    laura11 Fold        
    Flop

• K
    • J

Roversboy1 Check        
    Lambert180 Bet   £1.20 £3.30 £62.57
    Roversboy1 Call   £1.20 £4.50 £3.03
    Turn

Roversboy1 Check        
    Lambert180 Bet   £2.70 £7.20 £59.87
    Roversboy1 Call   £2.70 £9.90 £0.33
    River

• A

Roversboy1 Check        
    Lambert180 Bet   £1.50 £11.40 £58.37
    Roversboy1 All-in   £0.33 £11.73 £0.00
    Lambert180 Unmatched bet   £1.17 £10.56 £59.54
    Roversboy1 Show
    • Q

Lambert180 Show
    • Q

Lambert180 Win Straight Flush to the King £10.03   £69.57
    TSP Shenanigans   -£86.20
    Cash                       +£52.69

I did wanna keep playing to get to the 2k (points) mark but just couldn't keep going any more.

Bankroll: £1,265.28
    Poker Points: 1971 (£19.71)

• edited April 2013
    Hey Paul,

Fancy a couple of hus games just now?
  • edited April 2013
    Ok sure, if you go register a £1 Turbo, I'll find you

(or whatever type u wanna play)
  • edited April 2013
    Ill set up a table just now
  • edited April 2013
    Well Larson just owned me, not sure what the finishing score was 6-4 to him maybe?

First time I've played any HU SnGs for ages but what have Sky done to the Turbo games! Turbo used to start @ 10/20 with 5 min blinds, now they start at 15/30 with 2 min blinds!!

Was good fun though Larson, will have to do it again sometime

Bankroll: £1,262.88
    Poker Points: 1979 (£19.79)
  • edited April 2013
    Cheers for the games Paul, really enjoyed it.

I can't believe you done me with a straight out on the board haha and you had the nuts, Nice hand!

For sure we'll do it again sometime.