You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited March 2013
    I bloody hate my mental game!!! SO many times it has cost me a decent bink and yet again happened last night. Played the £5.75 BH last night cos I know it's ridic soft and said to myself if I win it I'll BI direct to SPT Stratford cos it would probably be about £180 FTW.

Played really well all game, really focussed, no spew at all, just playing very solid against people that call too much, then there are 18 left out of about 170 (we're in the cash now) and this monstrosity of a hand happens.

Flop I'm happy with, don't really want to raise and have to do something crazy on a missed turn. Turn I'm thinking I've got at str8 outs, nut flush outs, trip outs, 2pr outs AND it's still possible I'm ahead because can see villian doing this with Tx. Miss the lot on the river and obv make the worst snap-tilt call ever knowing I have to be beat after facing 3 barrels.

I was abuot 5/18 at the start of the hand btw. Such a moron. Got it in 44 v A9 very next hand and lost for a profit of £1.62. All I have to do is remain focussed there, fold the river and I've still got an average stack and can still go win it but I'm just a massive fish.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    poker1 Small blind   400.00 400.00 4220.00
    Lambert180 Big blind   800.00 1200.00 29259.56
      Your hole cards
    • A

Froozle Fold        
    Falklands Fold        
    eurkster Call   800.00 2000.00 62918.00
    solman Fold        
    poker1 Fold        
    Lambert180 Check        
    Flop

Lambert180 Check        
    eurkster Bet   1600.00 3600.00 61318.00
    Lambert180 Call   1600.00 5200.00 27659.56
    Turn

• A

Lambert180 Check        
    eurkster Bet   5200.00 10400.00 56118.00
    Lambert180 Call   5200.00 15600.00 22459.56
    River

• J

Lambert180 Check        
    eurkster Bet   15600.00 31200.00 40518.00
    Lambert180 Call   15600.00 46800.00 6859.56
    eurkster Show

Lambert180 Muck
    • A

eurkster Win Three 4s 46800.00   87318.00
    P.S. Got my C4P paid today so...

Bankroll: £683.95
    Poker Points:
  • edited March 2013
    'Ridic soft'

Always curious as to how people come to these assumptions
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months:
    'Ridic soft' Always curious as to how people come to these assumptions
    Posted by Jac35
    I don't mean to be harsh but it's by playing in them, seeing the names who play in them, speaking to other good players who play them, seeing weak players FT and win them etc etc.

One thing is, it's not hard to spot when you see a table full of people who just continously limp, call a raise, then check/fold flops.
  • edited March 2013
    Another good night on the cash tables. But before I get to that...

I played 2 x £2.35 Micro SPT Sats with no success.

Then bought in direct for the £10.60 Quarter Final which went rubbish. So that was a £15.30 loss.

I was playing 5 tables of 20NL which were all going well but shut them down so I could fully focus on the SPT Quarter... obv like the first hand after me closing them all down and I concentrate on the satellite, I open JTo, make a J-high 4flush, the Qc is out there, so just beat by Ac or Kc... sigh, gg.

Anyway, on the cash tables I finished +£50.85

Bankroll: £719.50
    Poker Points:
  • edited March 2013
    bankroll moving nicely in the right direction
  • edited March 2013
    So I've been trying to satellite into SPT Stratford for quite a while with no success now, got through to the Quarter I think 3 times from 6 attempts and donked off every single time. I'd resolved to just buying in direct so decided to sell some action to lighten the load on my wallet/BR. I posted it up on FB and had sold the 50% I was selling to 3 different Sky regs within 5 minutes of posting it.

Still planning to play the satellites though for cash so today I played all (I think) of the Micro Sats for SPT, I played 4 or 5 anyway. No success in the first 4 and bubbled the seats in the last one but got like £8.80 of cash so that near enough paid for the others.

I'd already bought in direct to the Quarter anyway and was playing them to hopefully re-coup the BI. I've gotta start by saying that the Quarter finals are the most painful structure I've ever had to sit through, they are just so slow and so boring.

There was 1 big hand in the Quarter which obv completely changed the tourney for me... very early (either 10/20 or 15/30) I 3x with KK and get callers. Flop comes 922 and first villian donk shoves his 2,000 into like 200. Cannot fathom anything he could have that beats me so I call (this villian has JT with no FD, no nothing) but the guy behind me also snaps me off with 23. I think 'oh ****' another short lived Quarter, turn is a 3 just to make it a bit sweeter for him, but I river my K to make a bigger FH and treble up to 6k. From that point it was plain sailing and I was just slowly picking up chips. Wasn't even a sweat round the bubble.

I made the decision nearing the bubble that because I was already gonna be playing the SPT at a cost of £110 to me, I'd just BI direct to the Semi and pocket the £50 so that covered the rest of the losses made today.

mezzzzza19817.501Entry to SPT Semi LondonPOKERPINGU15696.252Entry to SPT Semi London + As you have already registered/qualified for this event you have been awarded the cash equivalent of £48, which is equal to the Buy-in and Fee.Fossilised9977.503Entry to SPT Semi LondonTux979468.754Entry to SPT Semi LondonLambert18083505Entry to SPT Semi London + As you have already registered/qualified for this event you have been awarded the cash equivalent of £48, which is equal to the Buy-in and Fee.paulirvi177642.506Entry to SPT Semi LondonDAVEYZZ5047.507Entry to SPT Semi LondonHUMPTY196608£28.80
    The other losses today were me playing a £5.50 UKOPS satellite which I didn't do any good in. Also played the £11 £1k BH but managed to do a poorly timed bluff early on. Left me quite short and I got it in 55 v 2 overs to make a swift exit. Also played a few Hypers today (yeah I know I always go back to them!!) cos I was logged in waiting for Micro sats to start and wanted something to do. Not sure exactly cos I didn't keep track but I definitely did alright, probably +£15 or £20

Bankroll: £755.06
    Poker Points:
  • edited March 2013
    I've been hitting the SPT satellites quite a bit too. Won through 7 of 13 micros, but also paid for a few quarters and have only got through 2 of 13 of them. Donked off my first semi when I shoved thinking a had draws and found someone holding a pair and a cards that stole most of my hits. Have another semi to play Sunday so I hope that goes well as I've already done about £95 trying!

Agree that the quarters are painfully slow, did you notice that tonight at the end of the late reg period you could have joined with about 10BB but with 7 seats and only 14 remaining!?

Neat trick buying in and taking the cash btw.

Hope to see you at SPT.

Mike.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months:
    I've been hitting the SPT satellites quite a bit too. Won through 7 of 13 micros, but also paid for a few quarters and have only got through 2 of 13 of them. Donked off my first semi when I shoved thinking a had draws and found someone holding a pair and a cards that stole most of my hits. Have another semi to play Sunday so I hope that goes well as I've already done about £95 trying! Agree that the quarters are painfully slow, did you notice that tonight at the end of the late reg period you could have joined with about 10BB but with 7 seats and only 14 remaining!? Neat trick buying in and taking the cash btw. Hope to see you at SPT. Mike.
    Posted by bbMike
    Yeah I know, pretty crazy. I saw that and someone late regged onto my table right before the end or late reg, pretty nice position to be in without any of the work. Might have to keep an eye on the Quarter lobby on future nights to see if it's worth late regging.
  • edited March 2013
    Another day of quite a few satellites. Started out with a TSP micro sat for £2.80, got through to the Semi on my first attempt so that was good. Then while I was there, I thought I might aswell buy in to SPT Quarter and then play all the micros for cash cos I love the format and do very well in them. I played 3 micros altogether I think, bubbled twice and got a seat (£10.60) in one so that covered all the games I played with a 30p profit and a seat in the TSP Semi.

TSP Semi went ok, nothing special, again a good fast game and I shipped K7 into K9 and couldn't get there.

Played The Big 3e on the french site I play on. Did really well but again just fell short towards the end and the payouts on there are SO steep that basically anything less than a FT is pretty rubbish. It was 3e and there was 535 for the win... 1166 runners and I came 68th for 7.24e so barely double my money. Exit hand I 3bet shipped 77 into AK and couldnt hold.

Then tonight I was so busy playing pokemon on the DS that we got for my daughter's birthday recently that I completely forgot about the TOTP game, remembered at about 9:15 (15 mins after it started) so sat down with about 1750 and managed to rocket off to a good start. Started very aggro, 4bet shipped 77 v Jock's AK and held. Shipped 77 into Donald who called with 55 and I held. Was definitely being VERY aggro so I was expecting some playing back at me once we were 3handed so when I opened ATs and got jammed on, I think it was correct to call (and it was on this occasion), called to face KJ but couldn't hold this time. Bust the next hand when I had to get it in with 67o and 2xBB. Still a decent bit of free money :)

Well played all!

craigcu12120001£50bearlyther02£30Lambert18003£25The_Don9004£20JockBMW05£15thejudge1006£10
    Bankroll: £780.36
    Poker Points:
  • edited March 2013
    I was so busy playing pokemon on the DS that we got for my daughter's birthday recently that I completely forgot about the TOTP game
    Love this, "Here you go sweety, happy birthday. Now you sit here - Daddy's going to show you how to play"...!
  • edited March 2013
    Nothing much to update on Sky really. Played a £2.20 TT earlier cos I was bored and bust that, then I played 1 £5.25 Hyper and won it so a couple of quid up.

SPT Stratford got released for direct buy-in this morning so I bought in for that. This hasn't come out of my BR though because I've been 50% staked and the other £110 is coming out of my pocket so I just deposited the BI amount this morning.

Played 2 MTTs on the french site today, went deep in both but just missed out on the big paydays.

6euro Storm - This was a rebuy so rebought 1st hand for a double stack and did the add-on so 18euro outlay. About 450 runners with 1250euro for the win. Exit hand was me 3bet shipping A9 from the BB over an open from the CO... he had the one hand I really didn't wanna see, AA... gg me. Came 43rd and got abuot 35e.

3euro 1R1A - Also a rebuy but limited to a maximum of 1 rebuy, and the addon. Again got a double stack at the start and the add-on so 9e outlay. This one only had 125 runners and 135euro for the win. I final tabled it but finished in 7th for about 23euro. Exit was me 3bet shipping Q6o which sounds mental but he was raising and limping so often but repeatedly folding to jams, I'd jammed on him at least 5 times in the previous 15 mins. He did fold which was good, the bad bit was me getting cold called by QQ... gg me again lol.

Frustrating to fall short of the big money again but still not a bad day and got my roll over there up to 100euro already which is good going.

Bankroll: £782.91
    Poker Points:
  • edited March 2013
    Forgot to say but Lol bbMike for your comment above... very close to the truth. My daughter is a big power rangers fan so enjoys playing that on there but I inevitably have to get her past anything that doesn't involve walking in a straight line (she's very young).

Anywayz...

I made 2 attempts to log in to Sky today, both times I opened the client it failed, I closed and retried like 10 times with no success. The second time I took people's advice uninstalled it and reinstalled it still with no success.

So I ended up going to play on the french site because I refuse to play in the browser. Played a 5e 6max freezeout. No luck there, think there were just over 400 runners and I came high 90s (top 50 paid), pretty sure IIRC my exit was just a standard get it in pre flipping and either couldnt hit or hold, can't remember which.

Played a 6e Knockout 27-man SnG, similar to a bountyhunter but only 1e goes on your head and you get the full amount when you knock someone out so head prizes dont increase in size, the rest goes in the normal prizepool. Biggest mistake ever not looking at the structure before playing it... I was literally 1 hour into the game and blinds were either 30/60 or 40/80, so slow it's unbelievable. Think I came about 14th in that (top 5 paid) and got 1.50e of heads. How 1.50 you may ask... there was a shorty all in on the BB, I opened the button, SB called and we ended up checking it down and splitting the pot with A-high so split the bounty.

I know I said I wouldn't (cos of the rake) but I couldn't log into Sky, there were no MTTs I wanted to play and the SnGs are really slow to fill so I played some Hypers on there, won back my BIs for the 2 MTTs above and made a few quid profit on top.

Eventually managed to login to Sky aftetr a 2nd uninstall and reinstall about 8pm tonight. Decided to have another bash at this SnG comp and the first noticeable thing is how quickly they're running now. I busted one, regged another straight away and we were off in <2 mins. Miles better than it used to be!

I must have played and busted without any cash like 6 of the SnGs in a row (£1 games), kept myself in profit for the night by winning @ £5 Hypers on the side, and eventually on my 7th (I think) attempt managed to win it for £3.90 so that's Level 1 of the challenge completed and I'll play Level 2 tomorrow.

Bankroll: £788.11
    Poker Points:
  • edited March 2013
    Well today has been a complete mare. I have no idea how I'm down as little as I am. I've spent most of the day trying to do the SnG challenge, I must have played 12+ £1 SnGs and have not cashed in a single one, bubbled about 4 times from great positions in just unbelievable strings of hands. Jammed into massive pairs more than I can ever remember doing in 1 day, lost flip after flip and 60/40 after 60/40, got it in post flop as big favourite so many times and could just never hold.

Pretty brutal, but at the same time, great that it happened @ £1 SnGs cos it feels like nothing to my BR. A few times I was 2tabling, playing the £1 game and £2 game at the same time, and I did win 1 of the £2s for £7.80 whch was my only cash in them all day.

Started playing some Hypers on the side to try and keep on top of the repeated busting of £1 SnGs. Did alright in them, well I didn't keep track but I must have done ok cos I'm only about £8 down for the day and I must have lost like £20+ on SnGs.

Really boring day tbh, never doing that again. Back to cash for me next time I play.

Bankroll: £780.77
    Poker Points:
  • edited March 2013
    Good start to the morning.

I was looking at the cash tables and they were all full except 1 @ 20nl which just had 1 guy sat on his own with £27. So thought I'd sit down with him, happy to play HU or get a game going, and I stacked him within 5 mins :)

Lost 1 x £5.25 Hyper but still +£20 so far today.

Might jump on some waiting lists

Bankroll: £800.76
    Poker Points:
  • edited March 2013
    Evening ladies and gents!

So I finally got back on the cash tables properly for the first time in ages, and played the longest session I've done for I dunno how long (on cash). I played Mastercash tables 1, 2, 3 and 4 from 5pm until 8pm. So 2 x 10NL and 2 x 20NL for 3 hours.

Profits weren't as great as they could have been but a win is a win, and I made £12.74 tonight. Things were better until I called down 3 streets with TP-Q kicker, to be shown TP-K kicker @ 20NL so think that cost about £15.

I also played on the french site earlier in 3 tournaments. Tbh, I can't remember how 2 of them went but I got through most of the field but fell short of cash in them two. The other one was a 2e rebuy... I was only in for 4e because I was busy doing something and stupidly missed the add-on break. Despite missing out on that, I still managed to go on and get my 2nd FT on there. We are down to 7 on the FT and I'm 3rd in chips, I 3bet ship AK into the chip leader to get snap called by KQ... BOOM!! or not... the door card is the Q... sigh more nasty hands on FTs for me... one day I'll win an MTT!!! Got about 25e for 7th so still a profitable day on there.

So all in all, a very good day, made about 15e profit on X site, made £13 on MC tables tonight and made about £20 this morning so can't be bad.

Bankroll: £814.50
    Poker Points:
  • edited March 2013
    P.S. Arazi dunno if you were watching 861 but I got a hand V you shown on there, where you 3bet my button open from the BB with 94, nh.
  • edited March 2013
    P.S. Arazi dunno if you were watching 861 but I got a hand V you shown on there, where you 3bet my button open from the BB with 94, nh.
    Posted by Lambert180

Hi mate.

Just saw hand cos a bit behind time tonight.

I have to keep you guys guessing every now and again mate or i never get called when im sitting with aces lol

Obvi in the hand shown any aggression from you post flop and i bin it but if i had actually had QQ and above like they suggested on the show only strong aggression on the flop might have taken me off it depending on my thoughts at the time ofcourse because once i bet turn i am never folding for the rest imo.

Good to see you doing well mate and your BR growing day by day

Best of luck

Daz.
  • edited March 2013
    Good start to the day again.

Last night (after my update) I played the £1 SnG for the challenge and won that for £3.90, then I went to bed. Played the £2.20 game this morning but bust out early 3bet shipping 44 into JJ and AQ.

Then I saw Tikay's post about HU action and thought I'd go have a look. All the MC games he mentioned had finished but there was some £5/£10 going on which I watched for a bit. Then I watched a 20NL HU table that was going for a bit, one guy left and I'd already noticed the guy that stayed was pretty bad. So thought I'd sit down with him :)

He was bought in for a random amount something like £12, he lost a bit here and there, eventually topped up to £20, lost some more, topped up again, etc etc. I eventually stacked him and he'd obviously had enough and left. So I left too, with £50 :)

Bankroll: £844.76
    Poker Points:

• edited March 2013
    Just having a flick through my diary and I have reached a new all-time peak in my BR. It's a crazy old game sometimes and I'm really impressed with what I've acheived so far.

So many swings, so many frustrating periods blah blah... it was only a few months ago that my BR dropped as low as £90 (the first time it hadn't been 3 figures for a very long time) and I was on massive monkey tilt playing £10 Hypers from my £90 roll lol. Somehow I managed to weather that storm and get back to where I am now.

From a poker mental game point of view I think I'm miles ahead of where I used to be, and technically I believe I've improved loads too.

• edited March 2013
    Nice one Lambert when you said you were watching the £5-£10 i was expecting you to say you sat down for some reason, would of been interesting lol seems to be going well at the moment so keep it up mate.
  • edited March 2013
    Wow, seems I've found my way to page 3. Haven't played at all on here since my last post, been playing a lot on the french site with very little success.

I've been thinking about it for a bit recently and I've decided to start mixing some 30NL in with my normal 20NL games. If all goes well it will be a smooth transition to 30NL as I near the £1000 mark (although I'll be taking Ryan's advice and still playing at whichever levels have the best tables or to helpme fill up to the number of tables I want to play).

I'll be doing a live sweat with a few Sky regs when I get round to sorting a time they're all free, but I decided to dip my toe in the water today. Just finished a session of 3tabling @ 30NL for 1hr 30 mins. Stacked off in some pretty spewy spots, mostly V Rancid cos all sense seems to go out the window when I'm in a HU pot with him :(

One pretty annoying spot where someone made some kinda crazy hero (or terrible) call with AK high (no draw), when I c/r a FD on the flop, then shipped the turn when I picked up an OESD to go with it and missed all my outs.

Despite that I managed to finish £26.80 up, so can't complain with that.

Bankroll: £871.56
    Poker Points:
    575 (£4.60)
  • edited March 2013
    Played a £2.40 All-in sat for SPT the other night which I forgot to include, just playing to win the £220 cos I'm already regged, but no luck there.

Was playing some cash earlier, shocked to load up the cash lobby and see there was not 1 player sat on a single 30NL table. Went away 'cooked' a microwave pizza, came back and saw one person sat down @ 30NL and I'm confident in my HU skillz so thought I'd give it a bash.

Main hand of the session was this:
    X Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £32.25
    Lambert180 Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £27.30
      Your hole cards

X Raise   £0.75 £1.20 £31.50
    Lambert180 Call   £0.60 £1.80 £26.70
    Flop

• K

Lambert180 Check        
    X Bet   £0.90 £2.70 £30.60
    Lambert180 Raise   £2.50 £5.20 £24.20
    X Raise   £6.70 £11.90 £23.90
    Lambert180 All-in   £24.20 £36.10 £0.00
    X Call   £19.10 £55.20 £4.80
    X Show
    • K
    • A

Lambert180 Show

Turn

River

Lambert180 Win Full House, 5s and 3s £54.20   £54.20
    Finished +£37.83 so have now broken the £900 barrier :) Slowly edging closer to that 4 figure BR which will mean I've completed my target.

Bankroll: £906.99
    Poker Points:
    599 (£4.79)
  • edited March 2013
    That's brilliant you are doing great mate.

It wont be long till you smash £1000, what's your next target after that?

Kevin McPhee started playing low limits for a few years, slowly buidling it up. In his first big tournie he ended up bringing it down lol
  • edited March 2013
    be better if you posted a hand that wasn't a cooler lol. 

prob better to 3bet this pre too
  • edited March 2013
    Cheers Larson. Really the target won't change, it'll just increase, my aim is to be rolled for and playing 50NL before the end of the year, so wanna build up to around £2000 to be comfortably playing 50NL.

Cheers for the input Percival.

Got in a pretty big session tonight, was only 4tabling (2 x 20NL and 2 x 30NL) but played from abuot 8pm - midnight. Some pretty cruel spots that stopped me from breaking into profit, was doing great throughout the night, picking up loads of pots but everytime I got it in pre it just went to ****.

Won't list 'em all cos there's no point and it's boring but sigh @ my first big pot against Doh @ 30NL being where I get it in pre w/ KK v QQ and lose. Losing KK v AK aipf for 250xBB was pretty bleurgh too!

So all in all I finished £12.44 down which I'm pretty happy with considering how I ran in big races and I'm happy that I completely managed to avoid any tilt during some nasty periods.

Bankroll: £894.55
    Poker Points:
    852 (£6.82)
  • edited March 2013
    Cheers Larson. Really the target won't change, it'll just increase, my aim is to be rolled for and playing 50NL before the end of the year, so wanna build up to around £2000 to be comfortably playing 50NL. Cheers for the input Percival. Got in a pretty big session tonight, was only 4tabling (2 x 20NL and 2 x 30NL) but played from abuot 8pm - midnight. Some pretty cruel spots that stopped me from breaking into profit, was doing great throughout the night, picking up loads of pots but everytime I got it in pre it just went to ****. Won't list 'em all cos there's no point and it's boring but sigh @ my first big pot against Doh @ 30NL being where I get it in pre w/ KK v QQ and lose. Losing KK v AK aipf for 250xBB was pretty bleurgh too! So all in all I finished £12.44 down which I'm pretty happy with considering how I ran in big races and I'm happy that I completely managed to avoid any tilt during some nasty periods. Bankroll: £894.55 Poker Points: 852 (£6.82 )
    Posted by Lambert180
    Lamboizm!
  • edited March 2013
    Yeah ok Doh, I knew as I typed that it kinda made no sense at all.

Got a very small session in before dinner, only had time for about 1hrs play and could only manage to get a seat on 2 tables of 30NL.

I'll post a few hands for a change... first one, blah. Should have flatted the flop, I flat pre to dsguise the strength of my hand and keep his range wider and then just bllow all that by c/r. But not yeh same result here
    mccaw03 Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £30.83
    nu Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £28.61
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

Lambert180 Raise   £0.90 £1.35 £38.50
    mess1 Raise   £2.70 £4.05 £17.90
    ACEGOONER Fold        
    vinnybhoy Fold        
    mccaw03 Call   £2.55 £6.60 £28.28
    nu Fold        
    Lambert180 Call   £1.80 £8.40 £36.70
    Flop

mccaw03 Check        
    Lambert180 Check        
    mess1 Bet   £4.20 £12.60 £13.70
    mccaw03 Fold        
    Lambert180 Raise   £9.50 £22.10 £27.20
    mess1 All-in   £13.70 £35.80 £0.00
    Lambert180 Raise   £16.80 £52.60 £10.40
    Lambert180 Unmatched bet   £8.40 £44.20 £18.80
    Lambert180 Show
    • Q
    • Q

mess1 Show
    • K
    • K

Turn

• A

River

mess1 Win Two Pairs, Kings and 2s £42.40   £42.40
    Dream flop, ACTION, BOOM!!!  .... Turn :(
    pokeherbum Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £4.45
    fringe107 Sitout        
    madriles22 Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £38.13
      Your hole cards

Lambert180 Raise   £0.90 £1.35 £30.00
    WATERTAXI Fold        
    pokeherbum Call   £0.75 £2.10 £3.70
    madriles22 Call   £0.60 £2.70 £37.53
    Flop

• A
    • Q

pokeherbum All-in   £3.70 £6.40 £0.00
    madriles22 Call   £3.70 £10.10 £33.83
    Lambert180 Raise   £9.00 £19.10 £21.00
    madriles22 Fold        
    Lambert180 Unmatched bet   £5.30 £13.80 £26.30
    pokeherbum Show
    • A
    • A

Lambert180 Show

Turn

• Q

River

pokeherbum Win Full House, Aces and Queens £13.11   £13.11
    But turned it all round with a lovely value jam on a pretty scary board
    fringe107 Sit out        
    madriles22 Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £33.68
    Lambert180 Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £26.00
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

WATERTAXI Fold        
    pokeherbum Raise   £0.60 £1.05 £12.51
    madriles22 Call   £0.45 £1.50 £33.23
    Lambert180 Raise   £2.50 £4.00 £23.50
    pokeherbum Fold        
    madriles22 Call   £2.20 £6.20 £31.03
    Flop

madriles22 Check        
    Lambert180 Bet   £3.20 £9.40 £20.30
    madriles22 Call   £3.20 £12.60 £27.83
    Turn

madriles22 Check        
    Lambert180 Bet   £7.50 £20.10 £12.80
    madriles22 Call   £7.50 £27.60 £20.33
    River

madriles22 Check        
    Lambert180 All-in   £12.80 £40.40 £0.00
    madriles22 Call   £12.80 £53.20 £7.53
    madriles22 Show
    • Q

Lambert180 Show
    • K
    • K

Lambert180 Win Pair of Kings £51.40   £51.40
    Finished the session +£3.88

Maybe play some more tonight, not sure yet.

Bankroll: £898.43
    Poker Points:
    885 (£7.08)
  • edited March 2013
    Well I got in another 1hr 30 mins just now after dinner. Time to get off though to earn some brownie points with Emma. I was 5tabling this time (1 x 20NL and 4 x 30NL).

Quite a few interesting hands that I'll be posting in the clinic shortly, but things went well, hands held up, went for some pretty thin value in some spots and it paid off, got my bluffs through, things just went generally well.

So the important bit... I finished the session +£57.85

So close folks, so close! This might be my last post for a few days, not sure if I'll play tomorrow or not, and if I don't, I'll then be away for the weekend at the SPT.

Bankroll: £956.28
    Poker Points: 926
    (£7.41)
  • edited March 2013
    All the best mate for the SPT.

Hope you run like God and bring it down. Good luck
  • edited March 2013
    Good afternoon all,

This is gonna be an SPT update so it could turn into a novel or maybe not... I'll just go with it.

Well this was the first time ever (apart from a short stint with TommyD) that I've got to sit with some Sky regs on my table out of about 6 SPTs I've played. I started off with GregHogg, Oban, ChrisDbhoy, David666 and the rest were unknowns to me. Got off to a great start, really bossed the table, a few well timed bluffs and a few boards I connected nicely with took me from 30k up to 60k by the first break.

When I came back off break, I got up to about 65k before having a table move to Kazzzz's table. This is where it all went downhill, should probably have spent a bit more time getting to know my new table before getting up to my old tricks and shortly found myself back on 30k.

Another table move which I was pretty happy about saw me sat with a table full of unknowns, pretty aggro table, pretty much only thing that happened in abuot 30 mins was me opening a few times and having to fold to 3bets.

Then another table move! I've now got a guy sat 2 to my left who opens virtually every unopened pot, 3 bets virtually every open, and 4bet pretty much every single time he got 3bet, this guy was completely running over the table. He was the BB to my button so I'd been keeping my head down a bit at first.

We get back from the break, I'm in the BB and aggro man is not back yet :) UTG (to my direct left) who is a pretty short stack opens, he gets 3bet, I flat call AKs thinking the UTG opener will reship and then I will either re-ship over the the 3bettor if he flats or call it off V him. Turns out UTG just flats...

Flop is AJ2r, first to act, I check expecting some action I can ship over... plan fails AGAIN cos it gets checked round. Turns come a 4 and I fire out a small bet (1 free card is enough!), UTG ships over the top, the preflop 3bettor folds and I snap call to see 56s. Lovely stuff, fade the 4 outer to double up to about 65k again.

Then the dreaded hand arises. I should point out, I lost this hand 100% through a stupid mistake from me. It folds to me and I open from the CO with K6o, SB 3bets (mr aggro) but nothing new there, I flat because I know his 3bet range is ridic wide, we're still about 80xBB deep at this point, I have position, and know he will just value town himself if I hit at all well.

Flop is A23, he c-bets and I flat because I know he can't have many Ax hands in his range, and I have alot in mine and think I can take it off him on the turn. Turn is a 7 and he checks so I lead and he calls. River is a 9, again he checks so I bet. The board is now A2379 and I've got K6. He sits and tanks for a good minute or so before calling. I then instantly muck my hand because I don't see he can call with anything worse than K6, and after my cards go in the muck, he turns over K4!!!

I was completely speechless, firstly at the fact he made such a sick hero call, and secondly that I actually had the best hand (not even a split cos my 6 plays) and mucked. I just let the rest of the table think he was good obv, I'm not announcing I folded the best hand. All I had to do was show my hand and I'm on 100k but instead I'm back down to 20k :( Learnt a big lesson from that, never ever muck your hand live until you've been shown a better hand.

It was after this hand Tikay decided to let me know that the aggressive guy 2 to my left he is called Dave Shallow and won WPT Dublin last year for around 250k.

I spoke to him on the break which was shortly after and was saying what a sick call it was, and he explained that it actually looks alot better than it is, and when he explained it, he's right. He said it's basically the same as calling with KK because if I call the flop with a 2 or 3, I'm just checking back the turn, if I hit my 7 or 9 then I'm just checking back turn and river, so basically I can only ever have Ax or complete air, and he beats pretty much all of my air with K-high. Sigh... so much to learn.

That left me with 25k, which was still very playable (I think something like 30 bigs). I tightened up a bit after that, was up and down a bit more, think I got up to 50k at one point and then back down to 35k @ 600/1200. I open the SB with A2 2 minutes before the end of the break, the BB 3bets me which I'm expecting him to do alot because I'm opening virtually ATC on an unopened SB, so I 3bet ship, he calls with 77 and I can't get there. It's perhaps a spot I didn't need to take but as always nowadays, I'm looking to build a stack and will get loads of folds in that spot imo. Pretty frustrating thinking I could have had 100k but I certainly learnt a big lesson from that hand and won't ever make that same mistake again.

At least I won my £10 last longer with Percival so it's not all bad ;)

================================================================================

Just for the purpose of updating my BR and whatnot, the only thing I've done today was play a Micro TSP sat for £2.80 which I won, then I bust out of the Semi making a pretty bad all-in call pre with JJ

Bankroll: £953.48
    Poker Points: 938
    (£7.50)