You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited January 2013

Hi Paul

Good to meet you t'other day.  After reading of your success in the hypers and getting fed up of mtts, I decided to give them a spin.  I'm playing really small to start with, but after clocking in 435 since Friday I have an ROI of 8%.  Do you think this is sustainable?  If not, what kind of ROI do you think is achievable in these?

W

• edited January 2013
    Yeah good to meet you too. Shame I was having to get off or I would have joined you at the cash tables.

Very impressive start to your Hypers. Looking at earnings from the best players in the world online, I think most of them get like 3-4% over like tens of 1000s of games but they're probably

1) Playing against better players where the edge is small
    2) Playing a TON of tables at once where you will lose some edge.

I only play 2 tables of Hypers and reckon 5% is more sustainable. It was Dohh that got me into them and he has sustained 5% over 1000s of games last I looked.

Thing is though, they are ridic swingy, so say you play £5s and you're playing 50 games in a session, you're regularly gonna have like +£70 sessions and -£70 sessions. I aint superstitious, don't believe any online poker BS/conspiracies but it does always seem to come in runs, sometimes you just can't lose a game, and sometimes you can play against the biggest fish in the world and can't win a game to save your life.

Playing them and nothing but them is risky with 30 BIs.... I'd say 40-50 is ok. Obv if you're keeping yourself going with cash/MTTs it's not so bad.

P.S. 95% of Sky Hyper players are MASSIVE fish :)
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £684.78:
    Yeah good to meet you too. Shame I was having to get off or I would have joined you at the cash tables. Very impressive start to your Hypers. Looking at earnings from the best players in the world online, I think most of them get like 3-4% over like tens of 1000s of games but they're probably 1) Playing against better players where the edge is small 2) Playing a TON of tables at once where you will lose some edge. I only play 2 tables of Hypers and reckon 5% is more sustainable. It was Dohh that got me into them and he has sustained 5% over 1000s of games last I looked. Thing is though, they are ridic swingy, so say you play £5s and you're playing 50 games in a session, you're regularly gonna have like +£70 sessions and -£70 sessions. I aint superstitious, don't believe any online poker BS/conspiracies but it does always seem to come in runs, sometimes you just can't lose a game, and sometimes you can play against the biggest fish in the world and can't win a game to save your life. Playing them and nothing but them is risky with 30 BIs.... I'd say 40-50 is ok. Obv if you're keeping yourself going with cash/MTTs it's not so bad. P.S. 95% of Sky Hyper players are MASSIVE fish :)
    Posted by Lambert180
    95% of all hyper players are massive fish. Isn't that why you've gone back to them anyway haha? ;) 

1000 game sample size at hypers is almost meaningless too. But I think 5% is sustainable on Sky anywho. Best of luck, I'm rooting for you Paul. 
  • edited January 2013
    Course that's why I played them Pat lol :) But yeah another good point from Pat is that 1000 Hypers is pretty meaningless in terms of pure results, but after 1000 you should easily have a feel for whether you are better than your opponents or not and I'd be amazed if you aint Wilhelm.

Logged into the forum tonight and the £2k Mini Turbo BH loaded... I did have no idea when I won free entry for that but just looked at Sunday's thread and I got it for 1 stupid comment on there :) Either way I donked about, never got going ended up getting it in A9 v AK.

That left me 2 points shy of my 3k points goal so I played a £3.15 Turbo (double points day) and won it, so a £2.85 profit for the day and earned my extra £10 ish C4P.

So that's me done for the month now, so will be finishing up on £729.64 when I get my C4P. Don't even know what I started the month on tbh, will have to go back and look, but pretty happy with the end result and the fact I've been going along well at 20NL.

Bankroll:   £687.63
  • edited January 2013
    Hey 

Decent thread so far, enjoyed reading it.

Do you really think 5% ROI at Hypers on Sky is acheiveable? With the rake at 5% i think even a really solid player would struggle to turn a profit never mind a 5% ROI. 

I may be wrong but it seems like a really tough ask. Not sure if ive worked it out right but i think you would need to win 56 out of every 100 on average to turn a profit. Some of the better players on stars dont even come close to that sort of average. 
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £687.63:
    Hey  Decent thread so far, enjoyed reading it. Do you really think 5% ROI at Hypers on Sky is acheiveable? With the rake at 5% i think even a really solid player would struggle to turn a profit never mind a 5% ROI.  I may be wrong but it seems like a really tough ask. Not sure if ive worked it out right but i think you would need to win 56 out of every 100 on average to turn a profit. Some of the better players on stars dont even come close to that sort of average. 
    Posted by stuart376
    Cheers.

Well 5% definitely aint easy, especially when the rake here is more than double other sites but think it is do-able.

From what I've seen (I've played Hypers on here and Stars), the standard here is massively worse, I couldn't count on 2 hands the number of opponents that will limp/fold from a 4xBB stack for instance. Also, I know it sounds mad including this but I have perfect internet connection whereas I reckon I get at least 1-2 players who disconnect for the whole match per 100 games played, so that's 1-2 free games per 100 that you will never get on stars cos it never happens.

Tough going but just about do-able. I believe Dohhhh was around 5-6% over about 4000-5000 games, might be wrong about the exact figures though.
  • edited January 2013
    5-6% seems insane with rake so high. 

would be nice to see what his EV line was like for them games. Dont think HEM or PT work with Sky do they so probably aint possible to see anything like that.

its always nice to have people disconnect when your playing haha kinda feel bad stealing blinds as fast as you can but i guess they would do it to you if it was the other way round.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £684.78:
    Yeah good to meet you too. Shame I was having to get off or I would have joined you at the cash tables. Very impressive start to your Hypers. Looking at earnings from the best players in the world online, I think most of them get like 3-4% over like tens of 1000s of games but they're probably 1) Playing against better players where the edge is small 2) Playing a TON of tables at once where you will lose some edge. I only play 2 tables of Hypers and reckon 5% is more sustainable. It was Dohh that got me into them and he has sustained 5% over 1000s of games last I looked. Thing is though, they are ridic swingy, so say you play £5s and you're playing 50 games in a session, you're regularly gonna have like +£70 sessions and -£70 sessions. I aint superstitious, don't believe any online poker BS/conspiracies but it does always seem to come in runs, sometimes you just can't lose a game, and sometimes you can play against the biggest fish in the world and can't win a game to save your life. Playing them and nothing but them is risky with 30 BIs.... I'd say 40-50 is ok. Obv if you're keeping yourself going with cash/MTTs it's not so bad. P.S. 95% of Sky Hyper players are MASSIVE fish :)
    Posted by Lambert180
    Glad you've said this, was worried it might just be the micros.

I didn't play that cash table for too long anyway, think I only got 3 orbits in before the PLO started.  I considered multi-tabling, just to look baller.
  • edited February 2013
    Can't help myself can I lol. Got a bit more pokering in before the end of Feb. Played the £3.30 THS Donk-a-fun the other night, finished about 10th out of 20, nothing eventful happened.

Played a £5.50 HU BH Shuffle tonight, would have been nice to get off to a good start with a dribbler but I got Shaun09 instead who'd already doubled (I late regged) and he took me out.

Played the £11 2k BH tonight too, again didn't get going, couldn't find any good spots, just ending up whittling away a bit until I jammed 77 into QQ.

Then whacked up the cash tables, couple of nasty spots like getting it in with the nut straight v a set on the turn and him rivering quads. But then I did smack a lot of flops tonight, made about £10 on the night. Still down slightly overall cos of the MTTs above.

Not sure on my exact C4P cos it's just gone midnight so it's been reset.

Bankroll:   £676.39
  • edited February 2013
    Good evening readers!

I won't drone on too much but my thing this month is to stop hiding away from the cash tables. Not sure if you noticed but after that horrendous patch where I just couldn't sit at a cash table without spewing multiple BIs, I've been shying away from it a bit. But this whole thing is about me beating the cash games, building my roll and beating bigger cash games so can't hide away forever.

You'll have seen I've been playing a bit of cash for like a week or so to dip my toe back in the water, and this month is gonna be more in that vain. I'll still be playing some MTTs but probably not many (if any) HU SnGs.

Got the month off to a cracking start tonight... started not so great by me playing another £5.50 BH HU Shuffle and busting against my first opponent. Then I played some cash and made a tidy profit of just over £50. Nice to start the month off on the right foot, more to come I hope.

(Will post some hands in the clinic tonight or tomorrow)

Bankroll:   £721.32   (£44 C4P to come)

================================================================================

On another front, I'm happy to announce that I've bagged myself a seat in the APAT HU Tournmanent in DTD over the easter weekend.

It's a £50 + £5, capped at 64 entrants. The structure hasn't been announced yet but I imagine it'll be the same as last year which was...

2.5k starting stack
    25/50 blinds (level 1)
    20 minute clock

so nice fast one which suits me down to the ground. Wish me luck!
  • edited February 2013
    Youll have to excuse my lack of apostrophies in this post tonight, Im at my mums house and that key is broken. As if that wasnt enough, her laptop is also rubbish and can only handle 2 tables and even that is a bit of a push and lags.

So tonight, I played a £3.30 (I think) satellite which went badly. Then I played the £5.50 £200 GTD, that was going really good, started with 24 runners, we were down to 11 and I was 5th, got it in AQ v AT for a massive stack... river is the T... sigh. Left me with like 8xBB which I ended up jamming K4s from the button into the BBs AK.

So was like £8-£9 down after them two.

Then I decided to play a bit of cash, was a really swingy session, started badly was about £40 down. I took a break for a bit, then when I came back I was £50 up (£10 up overall) within about 5 mins of sitting down. Donked some more off, won some back, and in the end managed to finish just over £10 up on cash for the night.

So made a very small profit tonight overall. Quite impressed to see how quickly Im racking up the points at 20NL, especially considering I could only play 2 tables tonight.

Bankroll:   £724.40   (£44 C4P to come)

• edited February 2013
    £44 c4p nice one!

The most i've had is £4.75 or somethin lol that was for January, dunno when it's paid. So far this month its about 100 but thats cause im playin the diddy limits haha

Well done on tonights profit.
  • edited February 2013
    Cheers Larson. Yeah it is a nice boost, probably wont be getting £44 again this month, I earned a lot of them points last month from playing £10 HU SnGs which I wont be playing this month. Im picking up points quite quickly at 20NL and at this rate could get 3k again, but that would mean Id need to play near enough every day of the month (judging by current numbers) which just aint gonna happen.

I must be getting the whinging out of my routine... just looking through last nights HH and shocked I didnt even mention in my post last night that I got in 120xBB on a 7TQdd flop with QQ v A6dd and lost. Although I have mentioned it now lol... but just took it on the chin.
  • edited February 2013
    I've got work in the morning so just a quick post tonight. Bit of a frustrating night, started off quite badly just getting it in with draws and missing mostly, won most of it back, lost a big pot (think like 350xBB) against one of the big nits, paid to get that note I guess to confirm some thoughts I had.

Finished about £25 down for the night so nothing too nasty.

Bankroll:   £699.26   (£44 C4P to come)
  • edited February 2013
    You going ok, keep it up.

Beware of the nits )
  • edited February 2013
    Cheers Rancid, things are going well. For some reason I seem to be a lot more tilt-proof than last time I played cash. Took a few nasty ones, as is expected, since I started cash again, and glad I've been able to take it on the chin and carry on.

Tonight started off badly again, seems to be the pattern, start badly, grind it back. Got it in KK v AA for full stacks, again should have known the massive 4bet means only 1 hand, but hey I've got a note now. That trick only works once and from now on they'll just lose mass value V me. So lost a couple of BIs, grinded it back to being break even, then had a pretty sick pot (I'll post below) for 500xBB where I ran like Thewy which made a decent comeback turn into a very decent winning session. It's funny I was saying 5 mins before this hand that I aint got it in behind and sucked out once yet since coming back to cash then this happens...
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    mrdoomy23 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £15.50
    scrapyar31 Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £12.82
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

Kevwinsome Fold        
    Lambert180 Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £42.68
    walks2311 Raise   £1.80 £2.70 £106.82
    mick28m Fold        
    mrdoomy23 Fold        
    scrapyar31 Raise   £4.00 £6.70 £8.82
    Lambert180 Call   £3.60 £10.30 £39.08
    walks2311 Raise   £12.00 £22.30 £94.82
    scrapyar31 All-in   £8.82 £31.12 £0.00
    Lambert180 Call   £9.60 £40.72 £29.48
    Flop

Lambert180 Check        
    walks2311 All-in   £94.82 £135.54 £0.00
    Lambert180 All-in   £29.48 £165.02 £0.00
    walks2311 Unmatched bet   £65.34 £99.68 £65.34
    scrapyar31 Show
    • K
    • A

Lambert180 Show
    • Q
    • Q

walks2311 Show
    • K
    • K

Turn

• Q

River

• Q

Lambert180 Win Four Queens £97.88   £97.88
    Must be nice!

Pretty sick by my standards to have reached the 500 point mark only 4 days into the month :) Only 4tabling atm cos I've changed my game a bit recently and think I can pay a lot more attention to player tendancies etc when I'm sticking to 4tables. Nearly back at the £800 mark when I get my C4P :)

Bankroll:   £743.25   (£44 C4P to come)
  • edited February 2013
    Lambo had a pretty brutal session last night. I know he's close to packing in the cash, so any words of encouragement wouldn't go a miss :)

He doesn't listen to me, so I've had to come on here and grass him up.

Sorry Lambo. Had to do it.
  • edited February 2013
    brutal sessions happen to everyone

If you taking shots at higher level then you need a number of bins you can lose before you have to step back down

chin up
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £743.25:
    Lambo had a pretty brutal session last night. I know he's close to packing in the cash, so any words of encouragement wouldn't go a miss :) He doesn't listen to me, so I've had to come on here and grass him up. Sorry Lambo. Had to do it.
    Posted by Llamas
    Had a brutal session last weekend, took a few days off-excluded myself as would never actually stay off otherwise, took stock, remembered how important poker is in the grand scheme of things, and how i would of jumped at having even a quarter of the roll i have this time last year, having followed this diary i'm your still in much better shape than you were and despite the set backs you know your good enough to make money in poker long term so just review the session, consider it a setback that can motivate you to carry on with your target of beating cash. This diary was what made me want to track my own progress on the community and is always a good read, also appreciate the advice you have given me in the past, this in particular is probably relevant right now..

"Since my diary my BR has went from £15 - £800 and everything in between, plenty of ups and PLENTY of downs. If nothing else, it'll be something good to look back on when you realise at one point you were £100 down and a month later you're £100 up"  
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Lambert180:
    Well that was a bit of a grind! I ended up playing quite a few more games than planned which is always a good thing. I was constantly running just below break even all session and then just managed to pop into the black in the last 2 games of the night. I was playing 2 tables for most of tonight and feel like I'm playing completely comfortably and don't think it's having any negative affect on my game. So I played 34 games and only managed to win 18 of them for a massive £1.50 profit, although I'm happy to just string together as many winning sessions as possible. Also 34 games is 102 poker points, and at 1p per point, that's almost as much as I made this session! Bankroll: £223.72 Poker Points: 841 (£6.73)
    Posted by Lambert180
    25/5/12'  ^^^^

In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £699.26:
    Bankroll:   £ 743.25   (£44 C4P to come) Points:      510 (£4.08 )
    Posted by Lambert180

4/2/13' ^^^^

In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £743.25:
    Lambo had a pretty brutal session last night. I know he's close to packing in the cash, so any words of encouragement wouldn't go a miss :) He doesn't listen to me, so I've had to come on here and grass him up. Sorry Lambo. Had to do it.
    Posted by Llamas

yw :)
  • edited February 2013
    I dont see what the problem is his bankroll seems to be going up.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £743.25 : Had a brutal session last weekend, took a few days off-excluded myself as would never actually stay off otherwise, took stock, remembered how important poker is in the grand scheme of things, and how i would of jumped at having even a quarter of the roll i have this time last year, having followed this diary i'm your still in much better shape than you were and despite the set backs you know your good enough to make money in poker long term so just review the session, consider it a setback that can motivate you to carry on with your target of beating cash. This diary was what made me want to track my own progress on the community and is always a good read, also appreciate the advice you have given me in the past, this in particular is probably relevant right now.. "Since my diary my BR has went from £15 - £800 and everything in between, plenty of ups and PLENTY of downs. If nothing else, it'll be something good to look back on when you realise at one point you were £100 down and a month later you're £100 up"  
    Posted by benc
    This ^.Chin up
  • edited February 2013
    Lol unlucky mate :( I had a brutal last 3 days also so have withdrawn all, a sliek benc i would just keep playing, a few days rest and ur head will be back where you want it to be, goodluck!
  • edited February 2013
    I dont see what the problem is his bankroll seems to be going up.
    Posted by bearlyther
      It was going up. His obv below £700 now but just hasnt posted an update, THings will pick up soon
  • edited February 2013
    I was on 1 of your tables the other night mate and witnessed some of the damage. If I'm brutally honest you lost a couple of stacks way too easy. These were MC tables too so that's 200bb deep. 

Just tighten up a lot and your results will change. It really is that simple.

I wish you all the best mate. Get back on the horse tonight when all the drunks are on and get that BR going north again.

• edited February 2013
    Paul

Stepping back down in the hardest thing to do, but sometimes you gotta do it Paul.
    Beleive me it's very easy to lose £200 at nl20 if things run against you.
    If your having a shot at nl20 then if you lose 4 bins, be it cooler or not then step back down untill your ready to have a go again. Nothing worse than bleeding money.

I myself went through a horrible downswing in december and into early january, some might say this was because I withdraw some of my monies ) During this time I was close to saying "fcuk it" how can I beat these games and now I can't even win a hand, no matter what I had. During this time I lost about £450.

So with withdrawing and running so bad at nl20, I went back to a £500 br after xmas and play nl10.
    Does it annoy me, yes - should I deposit the money I withdraw - no because I spent it over xmas - lol

Need to have some patience and displine and you have that to build a roll now.
    It's not as easy to accelrate through the levels unless you run like god.

It will come, take your time.

You just need to ask yourself an honest question "How did I build my BR"
    If you have grinded cash and beat the level then great.
    But because you have binked some MTT money and win at hyper's, doesn't mean you should even be playing nl20 because have you really beaten nl10.

Prove to yourself you can beat nl10 then take a shot at nl20.
    Play nl10 for a month, beat that then move on.
    Don't feel you need to rush, build up your cash game.

Worse thing you can do is beleive you better than what your are, and you have it all sussed.
    There's always more to learn.

chin up, don't give up - you ain't even started

Marc
  • edited February 2013
    Paul  Stepping back down in the hardest thing to do, but sometimes you gotta do it Paul. Beleive me it's very easy to lose £200 at nl20 if things run against you. If your having a shot at nl20 then if you lose 4 bins, be it cooler or not then step back down untill your ready to have a go again. Nothing worse than bleeding money. I myself went through a horrible downswing in december and into early january, some might say this was because I withdraw some of my monies ) During this time I was close to saying "fcuk it" how can I beat these games and now I can't even win a hand, no matter what I had. During this time I lost about £450. So with withdrawing and running so bad at nl20, I went back to a £500 br after xmas and play nl10. Does it annoy me, yes - should I deposit the money I withdraw - no because I spent it over xmas - lol Need to have some patience and displine and you have that to build a roll now. It's not as easy to accelrate through the levels unless you run like god. It will come, take your time. You just need to ask yourself an honest question "How did I build my BR" If you have grinded cash and beat the level then great. But because you have binked some MTT money and win at hyper's, doesn't mean you should even be playing nl20 because have you really beaten nl10. Prove to yourself you can beat nl10 then take a shot at nl20. Play nl10 for a month, beat that then move on. Don't feel you need to rush, build up your cash game. Worse thing you can do is beleive you better than what your are, and you have it all sussed. There's always more to learn. chin up, don't give up - you ain't even started Marc
    Posted by rancid

v.much this

• edited February 2013
    you have been playing for a long time now

if you are still finding the downswings to tough to handle then im sorry something deeper is the problem

sorry if this sounds harsh 

• edited February 2013
    Let me start by saying thanks to everyone for the kind words and thanks (a bit lol) to Emma for outing me for doing a 'Dohh' by not posting after a horrible session. I'll be as honest as possible here (as I always try to be but I'll warn you now it may very well be a tl;dr

While Emma said I was thinking about packing in the cash, what's more true is that I've been thinking of packing in all forms of online poker for the most part. This isn't a variance thing,or an issue with online poker par se, as you'll probably know I think that anyone convinced that online poker is rigged is pretty stupid...

Just recent events made we re-evaluate a few things... ultimately there's probably an 80/20 split in terms of the reason I play, 80% being money, 20% being fun. I play for fun but derive very little of this from cash poker tbh, the reason I play cash is to make money (and clearly I'm no good at that lol). Also, I'm only really interested in it in terms of being a stepping stone to winning decent amounts of money.

I know this might sound stupid to some and I could well get shot down for it, but this is my opinion... If someone said to me, you can play cash poker for say 20 hours per month every month and guaranteed you will win £100 a month (no more, no less) every single month, I wouldn't play the game. I know that some people would love to be in the above situation but for me it just doesn't warrant the amount of time I'm putting in. I'm playing cash as a means of making money and tbh I could make £100 a month by putting less than a quarter of that time in per month doing overtime in work.

Now there's a number of obstacles, the main one imo being that I just don't think I'm good enough to make serious money from poker. 20 hours per month is a fair amount of time while having a job and if the money aint there, I'd rather just play on the xbox or something. I don't wanna sound like a moaner, I'm not complaining about my situation at all, I know there are TONS of people who would absolutely love to be able to play the game and just be break even from it.

I have no doubt in my mind that I could carry on and build back to like £750 and more, I just dunno if it's an effective use of my time.

Good point made by Doh the other day on his diary about how great it was years ago to be naive about poker, and how as you learn more and know what a decent winrate for any given game it's just like urgh cba grinding for less than minimum wage.

@ Splashies - Yeah I'm totally agreed with you there, and there was some tilt involved at stages of the session obv :( Looking back a few of my stack offs on that table were truly awful, although I think one with AA was justified.

@ Rancid - Cheers, very good advice and all very true.

@ Benc - Thanks for the post, always nice to have some of my own advice quoted back at me lol.

@ Dohhh - I know, I know, it does make it feel less painful looking at it that way. So the first mention of my BR... it's now £550 so I lost 10 BIs although it was largely courtesy of 4 stack offs on MC tables so that alone was 8BIs. But yeah it still isn't to be sniffed at I guess, but if it takes me 9 months to win £300 profit, I'm not sure it's the best use of my time in a financial sense, and I've already mentioned that I just don't enjoy cash.

@ BigNoise - Cheers, and yeah I know that it's unimportant in the grand scheme of things which is kinda the basis of me re-thinking things. I've discussed how the small amounts don't mean a lot to me, so even more so it seems bizarre me playing a game that I don't really enjoy, don't make much money from, and stresses me out.

@ Percival - Great post, more please lol.

@ Bugaloo - Nah not harsh at all and yeah you are right that it is something deeper than just the swinginess of poker. I have been playing a long time, and understand variance etc, as I say I think this is more about a long term view of things. I know I can win that money back but can I be @ssed... not sure lol.

@ Shaun - Well done for seeming to be the only one that noticed that while my latest update was £750, that doesn't mean it's what I've got now lol.

So in summary, I have no idea what I'm gonna do. I've wasted your time and my time writing all this and knowing me, I'll probably be back on the tables tonight!! Dunno, think the moral of the story is, when you aint good enough to grind out decent money you just gotta settle for fun, so more MTTs for me and much more live poker me thinks.
  • edited February 2013
    Hmmm, tough spot. Personally I still enjoy the game immensely, I'd happily play the 20 hours a months even if I just broke even. For me it's 80% about fun, 20% about money, so I can't really offer any advice.