You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Yeah baby!!! I did get the FT I've been waiting for, and not only that, I went and took it down :)

1st place in the £2 DTD1

Lambert180    1130000    1    £121.41
    badbeatash    0    2    £72.46
    jamboGJ    0    3    £43.21
    spudefc    0    4    £33.99
    ann735    0    5    £28.93
    FLASHJONNY    0    6    £24.23

Did ok in the other 2 but who cares :p Real nice boost to my BR

Bankroll:   £647.31
  • edited January 2013
    N1 m8 wp.

More mtt's ftw........dunno why you don't devote a month to purely playing these I'm pretty sure you will be pleased with the results.

Seriously, there are loads of ppl I don't want on my table and you are def on the list. You are a far better player than me and if I can stay in profit then just imagine what you could do.
  • edited January 2013
    Nice one Lambert180 actually had a search a bit earlier on and saw you were doing well, glad you took it down.
  • edited January 2013
    I wasn't going to play tonight but then I come on to see this Turbo Tuesday thing. Sadly it aint on Hypers (yet) but Turbos did used to be my game of choice, and I do still believe there is a bigger edge at them but not necessarily enough to counteract how much slower they are, but seen as I'm getting double points it's like getting through the games twice as quick.

Sadly, didn't go that well, so thanks Sky for encouraging me to play cos I was gonna give the HU a rest for a bit but hey I guess that's their job. Wasn't too bad in the end, something like £25 which considering I'm playing £10s is hardly a nightmare session.

Definitely won't be playing Cash for a week or two, cos I aint sitting on a table with 3-4 regs exchanging BBs and them only getting it in with the nuts. And laying off the HU so I guess I'll have to play a few MTTs.

Bankroll:   £622.06
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £647.31:
    N1 m8 wp. More mtt's ftw........dunno why you don't devote a month to purely playing these I'm pretty sure you will be pleased with the results. Seriously, there are loads of ppl I don't want on my table and you are def on the list. You are a far better player than me and if I can stay in profit then just imagine what you could do.
    Posted by waller02
    Cheers Waller, very kind words.

As I've said, I aint going on the cash tables for the next week or two when they're so reg heavy so gonna have to be MTTs
  • edited January 2013
    Just finished railing Tommy and Ryan who finished HU in the 5k BH, wp both... especially seen as Tommy decided to take down the ME while he was at it!

Started off the night quite badly, played 2 x £5.50 TTs and busted both, one when I had a really good stack as well and could have folded for a half decent profit but obv thats not how I roll. Played some other MTTs but cant remember what.

Played the £6 Sat into the £55 BH tonight, 29 runners, 2 seats + £49 and I just lost a flip to come 5th, pretty annoying but ah well.

Played some 20NL again, got stacked early by an Evil Penguin, then stacked again about 2 mins late in a pretty sick spot where I got it in JJ v TT on 6728 and he binked his T on the river. Managed to get my stack up to £75 before leaving though so that was pretty much break even.

Also though Id try out some HU cash, which was good fun (not so much when I kept losing races) until EP pointed out how bad the rake is, which is a bit annoying. Hard to say how I finished up with that, was 20NL again and someone sat down with £6, stacked them, someone sat down with £10 and spun it up to £30 then ran off, then someone else sat down with an actual full BI and I stacked him twice and left that with like £60 so about break even again I think.

So basically near enough all my losses came from the MTTs which is pretty standard innit, cant win 'em all.

Earned a poker point or two though lol.

Bankroll:   £589.45
  • edited January 2013
    so when you take out the massively lucky all in sats you 'won', your bankroll isn't reading amazingly is it.

not bad for someone who is 'easily good enough to win' but hasn't shown any evidence of it so far
  • edited January 2013
    Played a £5.50 TT tonight... starts with 1k chips @ 25/100... UTG makes it 250 and I love life as I 3bet jam in the BB with AA, snaps me off with 99,  flops the 9, gg

Bit of a sickener but what can ya do.

Only like a 30 minute window to play cos I've got other stuff to do tonight so had no choice but Hypers ;)

Dunno how many I played/won but for the night I've finished on £607.45 despite the donked off £5.50 so that's £23.50 profit.

Anyone know how we register/when we can register for that 5k Freeroll. Never usually play FRs and the field will be big but can't turn down a 5k PP.

Bankroll:   £607.45
  • edited January 2013
    1000 posts on 'Lamberts Diary' Well Done Paul & GL With This!!

ALSO, wanted to congrajulate you in this celebratory POST, on Your Selection For The HitSquad Elite APAT TEAM!!

I am Proud to have such a Sensible, Well Rounded & Constructive Member Of OUR HITSQUAD!!

[wish the others were sane...same i mean, pmsl!!]

The Hitman
  • edited January 2013
    Cheers Dave!

I knew the 1000th post was coming soon but lost track over the last few days. Trust you to swipe :P

I've been meaning to mention the APAT so I guess now is as good a time as any, to explain to everyone else. Basically The Hitsquad were lucky enough to get given a slot in the team event of the APAT (about 25 teams got turned away due to lack of spaces).

Each team has 8 players, and I was chosen to represent the team :)

25 teams of 8 so 200 runners. £400+40 BI (for the team) so £55 each. Top 100 players get points (1st getting 100, 2nd getting 99 down to 100th getting 1 point), 50% of the prizepool goes to the top 3 scoring teams, the other 50% goes to the individuals.

Here's my table draw, feel free to chip in with info if you've heard of any of my opponents:
    8 1 Chris Waddington Lee Barrett Poker Night
    8 2 Duncan Wilkie WPT Poker Magazine
    8 3 Paul Lambert Sky Poker Hitsquad
    8 4 Keith Steffens Punters Lounge
    8 5 Frazer Bolt APAT South West
    8 6 Vicki Lambert Blackbelt Poker
    8 7 Tom Broadbent FISO
    8 8 Richard King APAT Yorkshire
    8 9 Gary Peniket {c} Hendon Mob
    8 10 Johnny Nixon Live Pub Poker League
  • edited January 2013
    So anyone that is in the Forum DTD FB group will probably already know by now that last night I decided to have a bash of HU cash against Sam Razavi lol...

Sadly he was only say at 100NL+ tables and I kinda wanted to paly 50NL but I tthought ah well, I'm very comfortable playing a 50xBB stack so just bought in for £50 at his 100NL table.

He won, although I don't feel like I was outplayed at all, felt like I gave him a good game and ultimately it came down to us getting it in pre and me losing a race and I don't regret my jam at all. I've paid £50 for the priviledge of this brag though so gotta get it in lol...
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    LeChoss Small blind   £0.50 £0.50 £151.15
    Lambert180 Big blind   £1.00 £1.50 £49.00
      Your hole cards

LeChoss Raise   £2.50 £4.00 £148.65
    Lambert180 Call   £2.00 £6.00 £47.00
    Flop

• J
    • A

Lambert180 Check        
    LeChoss Bet   £3.00 £9.00 £145.65
    Lambert180 Raise   £8.50 £17.50 £38.50
    LeChoss Call   £5.50 £23.00 £140.15
    Turn

Lambert180 Bet   £10.00 £33.00 £28.50
    LeChoss Call   £10.00 £43.00 £130.15
    River

Lambert180 All-in   £28.50 £71.50 £0.00
    LeChoss Fold        
    Lambert180 Show

Lambert180 Win   £42.00   £42.00
    Lambert180 Return   £28.50 £1.00 £70.50
    I was quite happy with how I played and was tempted to give him another go but thought better of it. Played some £10 Hypers instead and won back £25 of what I'd lost so not exactly the worst night in the world considering I played HU cash with Sam Razavi lol.

Tonight I played 2 tables of 20NL with a table of £10 HU Turbos on the side (only cos it's Turbo Tuesday, bigger edge, twice the points, easy decision). Cash I finished about break even, pretty sigh that the only big hand all night was me getting it in with a set of 4s V a set of Ks, but managed to win that back and finish with about £30 on each table (so covers the £20 I topped up after the set v set).

Made a few quid profit on the Turbos too, so pretty much back to what I was before the Sam Razavi incident. Fair few points better off too.

Bankroll:   £602.84
  • edited January 2013
    ya basing this over   a short session against sam razavi saying u dnt fee like u got outplayed long term over a long session n loads of hrs of play he would destroy u  ermmmmm moron
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £602.84:
    ya basing this over   a short session against sam razavi saying u dnt fee like u got outplayed long term over a long session n loads of hrs of play he would destroy u  ermmmmm moron
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Just lol Donk... someone upset cos no-one was impressed by your little stunt?

Move along son :)
  • edited January 2013
    Just had a quick search never knew he played on this site, took all the self control i have not to sit down, no doubt i'd try a similar move to the one above and be snapped off by bottom pair though £100 down in a matter of minutes lol Nice brag though would love the buzz of playing some highstakes cash HU maybe one day, even though noone seems to play each other on sky must get boring sitting around for hours waiting for fish.
  • edited January 2013
    just lol @ u to even think u can beat some 1 thats 50 times better then u i admire u for guts mind as most wouldnt play sam
  • edited January 2013
    Tbh, with HU, as long as the stakes are low enough that I can afford to/dont mind losing then I wouldn't fear playing anyone.  Obviously against any decent player I'm not gonna have much of an edge but I don't think they'd have a big over me either, which is why most of 'em bumhunt for someone who can't tie their own laces.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to a:
    Tbh, with HU, as long as the stakes are low enough that I can afford to/dont mind losing then I wouldn't fear playing anyone.  Obviously against any decent player I'm not gonna have much of an edge but I don't think they'd have a big over me either, which is why most of 'em bumhunt for someone who can't tie their own laces.
    Posted by Lambert180
    there's confidence for you - is that the right word?
    meanwhile bankroll nit or shark hunter - which is the real Paul Lambert?
  • edited January 2013
    If you don't mind losing then obviously your not going to fear anyone.
    Kinda the same mentality that these rich business men have in macou and elsewhere " o it's only 50,000"

Nothing to gain. nothing to lose playing pros - just a thrill init if you win and nice bluff for the TV )
    )

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £602.84:
    If you don't mind losing then obviously your not going to fear anyone. Kinda the same mentality that these rich business men have in macou and elsewhere " o it's only 50,000" Nothing to gain. nothing to lose playing pros - just a thrill init if you win and nice bluff for the TV ) )
    Posted by rancid
    Well I always mind losing lol but I mean like, if I was playing 10NL HU cash, and I 4bet jammed with AK, got called by 55 and lost a flip, I'd just go meh no big deal, if I did that at 200NL HU cash (with my current BR), I'd feel pretty sick lol.

So I mean like I was sitting down knowing that I could well play completely perfectly and still lose, but I was willing to risk that £50. I always want to win, whether it's poker or monopoly lol.

But yeah, was more about a good bit of fun and knowing that I'm not even a big underdog to walk away up anyway, was certainly the first time in ages I've played online poker and actually felt excited.
  • edited January 2013
    Good to see you coming out of your comfort zone and 'having a go' UL on it being a losing session, but at least you have still come out of it positive.
  • edited January 2013
    Playing Razavi? (I've donked £100 to him before)  What happened to the uber nit who wouldn't even take a shot at the ridiculously soft 10max cash tables!?

And on the subject of them bumhunting, I've just tried sitting at 100NL vs someone called robocat, I've NEVER played them before yet 3 times they have sat out when I sit, then sit back in about 20 seconds after I leave... 

EDIT: After sitting at their table for about 10 minutes they leave and start another 100nl table, tempted to sit there too just to annoy them.

Who do these people wait for? Do they only play vs people who buy in short?
  • edited January 2013
    I'd normally be in work at this time, or rather just heading home from work, but I've got Wednesday, Thursday and Friday booked off this week. It's Emma's birthday tomorrow and gotta use up some holidays so took a few days off. Got APAT this weekend too... should have booked the Monday off really.

Had an afternoon session on the Hypers today anyway, only a short one cos I was nearly £60 up and said I'd play on till I lost one... lost the next game obv lol. Was nice to run quite good at Hypers, aint really had that for a few weeks now, was holding in all my AJ v 3T type races.

Bankroll:   £647.34
  • edited January 2013
    Was a pretty sigh night to start off with. Had the complete opposite luck in Hypers to what I had earlier, this time round I just couldn't win a game. Doesn't take long at £10s to lose a few bob so think I dropped just below £600 before delcaring that tonight was not my night.

I did play some 20NL though which went much better than the Hypers. No massive profits, and I did get stacked when I got it in pre AKs v QQ and couldnt get there. Reckon I was at least around £60 on Hypers toight and have only finished like £10 down for the night so turns out 20NL was a decent profit of about £50

All rough figures cos I've given up on being a nit information tracker.

Bankroll:   £635.06
  • edited January 2013
    lol believe me good hu players would have a v.big edge over u. go on stars and sit down w/ someone at 200nl+ and see if they sit out ;-)
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £635.06:
    lol believe me good hu players would have a v.big edge over u. go on stars and sit down w/ someone at 200nl+ and see if they sit out ;-)
    Posted by percival09
    Lol yeah I have no doubt the best out there would be able to crush me.
  • edited January 2013
    Tonights 20NL started off in pretty sick (good) fashion, can't remember the last time I've ran like that in cash, was 3 BIs up within about 10 mins of sitting down. Flopped the K-high flush and got someone happy to get it in on the flop (50xBB stack) with TP. Then flopped nut str8 and got it in, can't remember what against now but I won, the rest was alot of 3bet and cbet, take it down type pots.

The next 15 mins were a bit annoying as I handed most of it back though lol, still managed to finish about £10 up on cash though so can't complain too much.

Also played 2 Hypers along side and won them both, so another +£19 there.

Bankroll:   £664.52
  • edited January 2013
    Can't believe you are playing poker on your gf's birthday.........tut tut
  • edited January 2013

I'm sitting in small blind ace six of spades, 800/ 1600 blinds. One caller (massive chip leader) he has 170k and has been making a lot of moves.

B/b checks, flop comes come down with 2 spades and Jack High.

I check, bb checks, button raises 4800, im sittin with 45 k, and jam.

Original raiser calls with 10 j, off suit.

Board runs out pair of jacks hold.

Just wondering how would others have played the hand, i was thinking i can bring the pot down there or at worst it was a coin flip.

Wonderin now if i should have just peeled off another card hopin 2 hit flush.
  • edited January 2013
    Well I'll just give a brief update of how the APAT went. There were 25 teams of 8 (so 200 runners), the top 100 got poitns with 100th getting 1 point up to 1st getting 100 points. THS got 5 into the top 100 with 4 of us going relatively deep (63rd, 51st, 44th and 28th) so as a team we finished 7th out of 25 which is certainly respectable for a first go.

I did ok (I came 63rd) but was a pretty frustrating day, I bust out shortly before the end of Day 1 and managed to go about 12 hours while only making literally about 2-3 hands all day which were better than 1 pair. Virtually everything pot I took down in the whole tourney was a semi bluff or more often than not just a stone cold bluff.

Couple of crucial hands not long before I busted... folds to the SB who jams into my BB with J7o, I snap him off with 77 and lose. That leaves me with 11-12 bigs, so I open jam a few hands later with AK into JJ and lose. That leaves me with 2 bigs which someone I manage to spin up to 11 and then jam 45s from the button into A9 and can't get there. Great fun all the same though.

================================================================================

Then tonight I didn't get off to much of a start, played 2 x £3 all in sats to the 30k roller, first one I get dealt AA in the first hand so I'm happy but obv it's 6 handed so you can never be that happy, got cracked by 84 on the river. No seat for me in either.

Played the £2.20 Scary, bust, rebuy, bust, rebuy, bust, time to call it a day lol so £6.60 lost there (please stop raking rebuys!!)

Thought I'd go play some 20NL cos there were no decent MTTs coming up that I wanted to play. One thing I have noticed of late is that I'm doing much better at cash with a couple less tables. I can play 6 'comfortably' but it's still a lot more robotic and I think I'm missing out on spots to exploit people when I can't give it full focus.

So the last few weeks I've only been 3-4tabling and whether it be the extra concentration I have on each table or maybe just some rungood but I seem to be doing better anyway. Tonight I played for about an hour a half and finished about £35 up so covered my MTT spew and then some :)

Probably not going to play much for the rest of the month but definitely wanna make sure I get the extra 63 points for 3k cos it's like an extra £10 for practically no work.

Bankroll:   £685.53
  • edited January 2013
    Played the DTD night. Started so well, ran like god for the first hour or two, just couldn't lose a hand in any of them. Think the high point was me being like 11th, 8th and 7th when they all had like 40-50 runners left, then it all went a bit pear shaped.

DTD3 can't even remember my exit

DTD2 had a massive stack and 3bet jammed with JJ into AJ for the chip lead and lost.

DTD1 I cashed in 10th. Was doing pretty well. Mondo has like 4 BB and I jam A6 into his TT, then I snap him off with his SB shorty jam into my BB with ATs and he's got AA... sigh. Then I jam JTs into his KQo, flopped the goods but he rivered his Q. At least he's using my chips well and is down to the final 4
    badbeatash445349.88  
    VVBOBVV239727.36  
    mondo1985221922.82  
    lisa78987999.94  
    jaygeorge05£26.27
    jonezy06£21.89
    EBBERDON07£17.71
    matches08£13.53
    ste172209£9.75
    Lambert180010£9.75
    Played a few Hypers in the early stages when I was only 1/2 tabling to get to 3k points, didn't quite get enough in before the 3rd table loaded though, won 5, lost 5, so £5 down on rake. DTD cost £5.50 and I cashed for £9.75 so after all that I'm 75p down lol.

Bankroll:   £684.78