You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Got another good session in tonight, my best one for a good while now. In the words of Dohhh 'the tides may be turning'.

£24.50 profit so clawing back some of my cash losses. Not counting chickens after 2 good sessions but would be pretty sick if I could get my cash profit/loss back to break even before the end of 2012.

Hands Played:     51,556
    Bankroll:              £599.74
    Profit/Loss:      
    -£156.46
    Poker Points:      714 (£5.71)
  • edited December 2012
    I didn't update on Monday cos basically the only thing that changed was my poker points. I played the DTD and had a bit of a frustrating night, built good stacks in all 3 of them, then about 9:30pm got battered, lost a ton of races and ended up busting them all by about 10pm. -£5.50

Busted 2 forum SnGs 2 x £2.20

Then won about £10 on Hypers so break even for the day.

Played some cash tonight and made £15.47 so another decent session. Slowly getting that red number down.

Hands Played:     52,036
    Bankroll:              £614.81
    Profit/Loss:      
    -£140.99
    Poker Points:      762 (£6.10)
  • edited December 2012
    dude, the red number is very -EV to keep looking at

br is better, concentrate on that )

keep it going, focus on the postives

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £599.74:
    I didn't update on Monday cos basically the only thing that changed was my poker points. I played the DTD and had a bit of a frustrating night, built good stacks in all 3 of them, then about 9:30pm got battered, lost a ton of races and ended up busting them all by about 10pm. -£5.50 Busted 2 forum SnGs 2 x £2.20 Then won about £10 on Hypers so break even for the day. Played some cash tonight and made £15.47 so another decent session. Slowly getting that red number down. Hands Played:     52,036 Bankroll:              £614.81 Profit/Loss:       -£140.99 Poker Points:      762 (£6.10)
    Posted by Lambert180
    hi Paul,
    don't post here much,but pop in for an up-date every so often.
    not quite understanding what the red number thing is ...sorry.
    if your b/roll is £600+ then surely u r in profit,so i'm not getting why your profit/loss is -£140..sorry again.
    unless your b/roll was higher b4 u started playing cash i'm assuming.

as rancid says,forget the negs think of the positives,
    maybe lose the red figure,it's misleading i think.
    it's all about your b/roll imo.

gl
    :)
    dev
  • edited December 2012
    Yeah, I've been thinking about ditching that, in fact I said I would around Luton time I think.

Basically I started my 'cash thing' in my diary with £170 so yeah I'm way up in the last like 3 months but that -£140 is purely cash results, so I'm up so much cos I think I'm about £400+ on Hypers during that time, won 2 all-in sats, and a few Speed MTT cashes (1 win).

Mis-leading a bit yeah, might just get rid. And I know what ya mean Rancid about watching it being -EV lol, but yeah my eye is firmly on the BR :p
  • edited December 2012
    I mincashed a forum £2.20 SnG last night so £1.80 profit

Started playing cash tonight, within about 2 mins of sitting down I got it in KK v AA and just thought FFS... then things finally started going my way, was playing 6 tables and was well up on every single table, one of them I was up to just shy of £40, must have been 4BIs up (even after the KK v AA at the start), then I just had THE most horrible 15 mins ever...

Got it in KK v AA again, then got it in AA v KK for once, except I lost lol, then got it in down the streets with QQ (all undercard board), he's got KK, then KK v A9, obv lost again, just wtf :(

Well, I'm going for a smoke, calming down a bit, then getting back to the grind.
  • edited December 2012
    So I came back for my 2nd session. Got another 1hr 30 mins in so about 3 hours total today.

I think I may have won my first ever pot against Rancid tonight... granted it was a bad beat when I got it in QQ v AA but hey I gotta take what I can get (unlucky Rancid), but then he took it back off me 2 mins before the end of my session when we got it in TPGK v his FD and he got there, sigh!

All in all for the day I finished £32.49 down. Not the worst session in the world but massively frustrating after that 15 mins where I lost about 5 BIs.

Hands Played:     52,036
    Bankroll:              £584.12
    Profit/Loss:      
    -£173.48
    Poker Points:      944 (£7.55)
  • edited December 2012
    Well I went and played a few Hypers obv, cos that's what I do lol, and won back my cash losses. Made £32.25 2tabling them for about 20 mins.

Hands Played:     53,476
    Bankroll:              £616.37
    Profit/Loss:      
    -£173.48
    Poker Points:      973 (£7.78)
  • edited December 2012
    pretty sure you should give up cash and just play hypers lol
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £616.37:
    pretty sure you should give up cash and just play hypers lol
    Posted by percival09
    I already said this previously in the thread its defo his best game and most profitable but paul wants to learn play cash so hats off to him for sticking to it when he knows can make money in different format.

wish i could do the same for mtts but I lose a flip and moan sayin mtts suck and just go play cash to make my mtt buyin back lol
  • edited December 2012
    So you've been doing this for a year and are at a Profit/Loss:       -£173.48
    I think its probably time you gave up on the idea of becoming a winning player. 
    This isnt a down swing, this is clearly just your actual standard.

• edited December 2012
  • edited December 2012
    hahahahahahaha dre
  • edited December 2012
    dr dre busting them rubdown beats :)
  • edited December 2012
    ahah dre so funny
  • edited December 2012
    ehhh dre you so funny ! words of wisdom from sir dre. quit while your still ahead sir
  • edited December 2012

Was pretty funny. 

Not sure about ppl jumping all over it loling tho, makes it less funny. 

Spose when u write a progress report u put urself up there to be shot at :D 

Nits love a brag about how they're making money so I'm sure Paul will prob enjoy setting the guy str8 anyway ;)

• edited December 2012
    People are just expressing there feelings and laughing with him. only way to do it over the net on fourm :D
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £616.37:
    So you've been doing this for a year and are at a  Profit/Loss:        -£173.48 I think its probably time you gave up on the idea of becoming a winning player.  This isnt a down swing, this is clearly just your actual standard.
    Posted by dre136
    As Doh pointed out, I'm always happy to set people straight :)

Firstly I aint been doing this anywhere near a year, I started playing cash again about the end of August so nearly 3 months, secondly, in that time I've only played abuot 50k hands which isn't enormous, thirdly most of the loss came from a bad run which lead to me tilting a lot and losing 20BIs in the space of a week @ 8NL.

Also a downswing has no fixed shape or size so there's no way any outsider can say 'X BIs is a downswing but Y BIs is just bad play' it doesn't work like that. Some of my losses have been through bad play, and some have been through coolers and the like. For instance, I was up about 4 BIs last night session then got it in KK v AA 3 times and lost them all (like I should) then got it in AA v KK and lost that too lol. It happens but I'm happy with how I'm playing now so that'll do me.

And finally, near the end of August when I started this (you can check back if u really want) I had about £170, I now have £600+ so not exactly cause for quitting yet :)

EDIT: I am a winning player btw cos I deposited £20 about 3-4 years ago and aint deposited since, thanks :) Just not as big a winner as I aim to be.
  • edited December 2012
    I had a spare window for some poker, only like 30 mins so not enough for cash and I prefer to play cash at night anyway, so got a few Hypers in, combination of £5s and £10s which is what I've been doing recently seen as I'm rolled for £10s and don't think the standard is any better.

Dunno how many I played but my poker points went up by about 40 so probably only like 10-12 games, made £16.50 and got over the 1k points threshold ;) that's about an extra £2 banked!! lol

Bankroll:              £632.87
    Profit/Loss:      
    -£173.48
    Poker Points:      1010 (£10.10)
  • edited December 2012
    hatersgonnahate lamborinio. I feel bad that all the abuse followed my post which wasn't meant to be abusive in any way lol I didn't know your sample size was that small, keep going and variance will be nice one day
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £632.87:
    hatersgonnahate lamborinio. I feel bad that all the abuse followed my post which wasn't meant to be abusive in any way lol I didn't know your sample size was that small, keep going and variance will be nice one day
    Posted by percival09
    Lol yeah and hates lover to hate Lambert :)

This is only my most recent venture into beating cash and hasn't started well, but I know I'm easy good enough to beat 10NL. I know I'm still up from cash cos as I said, I aint deposited more than my original £20 and my SS is only abuot +£150 ish (I think) so I've probably earned about £100 ish from C4P over the years but apart from that, the rest has come from cash, just I used to beat 4NL and 8NL regular and got bored of playing so low. Hence the thing to build up a roll to play 20NL+

I'm gonna be mixing in some 20NL now anyway cos I'm happy to with £600+ and still gonna crush my target. I started with £170 at the end of August wanted wanted 50BIs @ 20NL within 12 months (£1000) and I'm on £630 after like 3 months, I've said for ages I'm gonna reach my target within 6 months imo.
  • edited December 2012
    yaaaaay lambert goes 20 nl i might have to join u on the tables i like value :)
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £632.87:
    yaaaaay lambert goes 20 nl i might have to join u on the tables i like value :)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    +1
  • edited December 2012
    Played the DTD tonight, same old story, doing well in all 3, a lapse in concentration and a few bad beats sent me on my way.

DTD3 I had about 8k only about 1hour and that's the 2.5k starting stack so pretty decent...

Got it in on the turn with KK on 8Q3Q against A8... sigh of relief that he aint got the Q... 8 on the river.

Then I get most of my chips back off the same villian. Then another hand with same villian, get it in on the turn with A2ss on 835Ass against 84, so he aint even got spade 8s or 4s to hit... binks a non-spade 4 to take me out... sigh.

Was like 2nd out of 60odd in DTD2, got it in on the flop with just flush outs to dodge, but no such luck, left me with a bowl which was quickly distributed to the table.

So that'd take the BR down to about £627 but once I was down to 1table I had a few £10 Hypers going on the side and made a few quid there :)

Bankroll:              £645.37
    Profit/Loss:      
    -£173.48
    Poker Points:      1030 (£10.30)
  • edited December 2012
    Think I've missed a few sessions since posting but oh well. Not played any cash since my last post.

Played an all-in sat for UKOPS 2 tonight, dunno why cos I didn't even wanna play it tbh, and didn't get round to buying in direct first so I could take the cash, guess it would force myself to pay attention in an MTT for once. Didn't win that anyway.

Played the £3.30 Orfordable, folded for years then 3bet jammed into AA w/ QJs... no binking there.

Played a £2.20 scary, can't even remember the exit but it was early and didn't bother rebuying.

Then played a load of Hypers and won some moniez. Probably gonna play some more actually... but here's the update for now.

Bankroll:              £655.37
    Profit/Loss:      
    -£173.48
    Poker Points:      1259 (£12.59)
  • edited December 2012
    Sigh only got to play 1 more cos now I got boyfriend duties to be getting on with, but I won it.

Bankroll:              £664.87
    Profit/Loss:      
    -£173.48
    Poker Points:      1264 (£12.64)
  • edited December 2012
    Got another good session in tonight on the Hypers. I'm playing 100% £10s now and have been for the past like 4 sessions ish, and will continue to unless I have some horrid run that drops me below 50 BIs @ £10s.

Not keeping track of games but earned about 150 poker points so that's about 30 games and won £47

Feels like another big milestone getting to £700+, the big one is when I reach 4 figures for the first time.

Gonna be reducing my pokering for a little bit though cos I got an absolute TON of books for Xmas that I wanna crack on with reading and I got a few Xbox games that I also wanna crack on with so scaling back the pokering a bit just for a little while.

Bankroll:              £711.87
    Profit/Loss:      
    -£173.48
    Poker Points:      1397 (£13.97)
  • edited December 2012
    Was bored so I played another 10-15 games and won £14

Bankroll:              £725.87
    Profit/Loss:      
    -£173.48
    Poker Points:      1457 (£14.57)
  • edited December 2012
    Got in about 50 games today, not much to report really, bit up and down as you can expect with Hypers, then hovered around break even for a bit before finishing up with a profit of £24.50

One half decent day tomorrow and I should be able to finish out the year on £800+ (with my C4P)

Bankroll:              £750.37
    Profit/Loss:      
    -£173.48
    Poker Points:      1712 (£17.12)

My lifetime graph on SS for SnGs: