You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited December 2012
    why do you even bother. if i was making money plating those hyper things then i would never play cash cause hyou're obviously not very good at it
  • edited December 2012
    Stop moaning, your going to lose sometimes - nature of the beast
    Don't step back, plough on - play volume, keep it ABC

Your going to have a few bad sessions
    Don't go back to nl4, it' too easy - learn move forward

gl

• edited December 2012
    You win on the under JJ, only got 2 ;)
  • edited December 2012
    Don't worry, I'm not dropping down to 4NL, I didn't build up this big a roll just so I could move down to 4NL after a few bad sessions lol. I'll be continuing to play 10NL for as long as my BR holds (doubt it'll ever get to a point where it doesn't) and as long as I know I'm playing well.

December is gonna be a big cash grind for me and I know I'm good enough to beat the level, so let's hope 15-20k hands is enough to prove it :)

It's funny, I can't exactly complain, I've ran pretty sick (good) in Hypers over the past month, won a seat into Luton (and made a profit in the sats) and doing ok in MTTs recently. Just wish I could run in cash like I am in everything else but themz da beats.

Cheers TinTin and Rancid, see you at the tables this month probably. Seems I was right about the new points system being very swingy obv cos sometimes you'll have lots of opportunities to get it in and lots of tiems you won't. First night earned 50ish points, last night earned 100 for virtually the exact same volume... shame every time I got it in was V the nuts lol.

Gl Guys
  • edited December 2012
    gl with ur grind lambo. See you at the tables
  • edited December 2012
    dint u want 500 before going to 10 pound buy in?

I'll be continuing to play 10NL for as long as my BR holds (doubt it'll ever get to a point where it doesn't)

didnt u lose like 190 playing nl8? i dont see why so masny people do good at nl4 but then when they go to £10 run like awful
  • edited December 2012
    Didn't play any real poker tonight cos we were putting up the Christmas tree :)

I did however reg for the 3 all-in sats to Luton. I've already won my seat (as I'm mentioned a million times) but can't turn down the sick overlay these all in sats are getting. They need to meet the 55 runner cap to pay for the seat and they all get 25-30 :p

Long story short, busted first and 2nd, was moaning about how I've never got past the first hand of an all in sat. Then I played the 3rd and final one of the night... 45o against tons of dominating hands, river a straight.... 39o and I make trips... 2To and flop 2pair and that's game over :P I thought they lasted longer than 3 hands.

So that's a nice £110 cash, actually my biggest ever online cash lol. That's means when I get my C4P I'll be on like £530 which is already more than half way to my goal of having 50 BIs @ 20NL :)

Hands Played:     50,436
    Bankroll:              £483.53 (+£44.10 C4P to come)
    Profit/Loss:      
    -£190.27
    Poker Points:      147

• edited December 2012

But was your post on last night's show thread actually against players who had already qualified playing again in these all in sats?

Well done anyhow......you owe Scouse Red a pint though as he bubbled.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £380.13:
    it seems to be working, 25 buyins up in 2 days and the confidence is returning.Posted by TINTIN
    This would help - nh Tintin !

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceclubhammer Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £4.94 TonyGuy Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £1.03  Your hole cards 7 7    TINTIN Raise  £0.20 £0.26 £3.68 Thombeck Call  £0.20 £0.46 £3.12 clubhammer Call  £0.18 £0.64 £4.76 TonyGuy Fold     Flop  7 9 6    clubhammer Check     TINTIN Bet  £0.48 £1.12 £3.20 Thombeck Raise  £0.96 £2.08 £2.16 clubhammer Call  £0.96 £3.04 £3.80 TINTIN All-in  £3.20 £6.24 £0.00 Thombeck All-in  £2.16 £8.40 £0.00 clubhammer All-in  £3.80 £12.20 £0.00 clubhammer Unmatched bet  £1.08 £11.12 £1.08 clubhammer Show 7 7    TINTIN Show J J    Thombeck Show 9 7    Turn  J    River  10    TINTIN Win Three Jacks £10.28

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £380.13:
    But was your post on last night's show thread actually against players who had already qualified playing again in these all in sats? Well done anyhow......you owe Scouse Red a pint though as he bubbled.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    It really wasn't to say I disagreed with it, it was to spark a debate and see what Ryan/others thought. I'd already played an all-in sat prior to posting on the show anyway, I just can't turn down like a 1in30 chance of multiplying your BI by 50, just wouldn't make any sense.

It is interesting though, do you think (or anyone else that wants to reply) think playing SPT all in sats for cash is bad but playing proper SPT sats is fine, or vice versa? Is it better if there's skill involved or does it make no difference?

But yeah I didn't even see til afterwards cos they're so fast that it was Chris that bubbled, I definitely owe him a pint at Luton.
  • edited December 2012
    So that's a nice £110 cash, actually my biggest ever online cash lol. 
    Posted by Lambert180
    How sick is that Paul,

Now you will have to admit that online poker is gambling - and that your best result is one that was purely by luck. That should prompt you to win something bigger - gl.

PS can you remove the profit/loss line in your updates, or update it.

edit: having seen your latest post - as the allin sats are pure roulette, i see no reason not to play them for cash when there is overlay, as that will help fill the guarantee. Otherwise they are only worth playing for a laugh, or if you want to win a seat into a tournament that you haven't got the buyin for, and can't win normal sats.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £380.13 : How sick is that Paul, Now you will have to admit that online poker is gambling - and that your best result is one that was purely by luck. That should prompt you to win something bigger - gl. PS can you remove the profit/loss line in your updates, or update it. edit: having seen your latest post - as the allin sats are pure roulette, i see no reason not to play them for cash when there is overlay, as that will help fill the guarantee. Otherwise they are only worth playing for a laugh, or if you want to win a seat into a tournament that you haven't got the buyin for, and can't win normal sats.
    Posted by GELDY
    Yeah definitely agree about the overlay thing Geldy, in fact it's a must. I guess I'll have to admit I'm a gambler of fashions but only ever a gambler with an edge, if I don't believe I have an edge I won't play. If ther SPT sats were filling up and getting the 55 runners, it 100% would not even cross my mind to play them, whether I had the BI for an event or not, I would never play an all in sat for the pure gamblez... I only play them cos there's £110 in the prizepool and they get about 30 runners so only about £60 in the pot, so £50 overlay. Normally if I wanted to play a satellite I'd just play a proper one because I think I have an edge over a lot of players.

Was thinking about it last night in bed actually and I think it might JUST have missed out my cash biggest online cash lol... When I first got started online I played on Full Tilt and played a $0.10 MTT which had 3500 runners and I came 2nd for $200. God knows how I did it because compared to now I was a completely terrible player than had no idea about position, hand selection, aggression, nothing.

I am actually updating my profit/loss but it only relates to my cash, so I'm alot down on cash and massively up on everything else. Might change that to just a total profit/loss of everything though cos it's a bit confusing... I have my cash profit/loss in my spreadsheet anyway if I wanna keep trackof how I'm getting on.
  • edited December 2012
    Wow, just wow.

I played the £5.50 velo tonight, started really well, then got took out by quad 2s when I had KQ on K2T2 against a fish which was pretty annoying.

Then I decided to play the final SPT all-in sat of the night (I didn't play the other 2), first hand 36s and I flop the flush with no1 having even a single spade in their hand. Next hand 37o I make trips, next hand is HU 37o v A6 and I make a FH.... siiiiiiick

Another £110 banked. Wow, just wow, will have over £600 when I get my C4P which for me is just amazing. It's weird cos in real life, I wouldn't see that much money as a big deal, but in the poker world it's just amazing :D

So happy!

Bankroll:              £585.83 (+£44.10 C4P to come)
    Profit/Loss:      
    -£190.27
    Poker Points:      154

That 50BIs @ 20NL is getting pretty close considering I aint managed to turn a profit at cash yet lol.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £483.53:
    Wow, just wow. I played the £5.50 velo tonight, started really well, then got took out by quad 2s when I had KQ on K2T2 against a fish which was pretty annoying. Then I decided to play the final SPT all-in sat of the night (I didn't play the other 2), first hand 36s and I flop the flush with no1 having even a single spade in their hand. Next hand 37o I make trips, next hand is HU 37o v A6 and I make a FH.... siiiiiiick Another £110 banked. Wow, just wow, will have over £600 when I get my C4P which for me is just amazing. It's weird cos in real life, I wouldn't see that much money as a big deal, but in the poker world it's just amazing :D So happy! Hands Played:     50,436 Bankroll:              £585.83 (+£44.10 C4P to come) Profit/Loss:       -£190.27 Poker Points:      154 That 50BIs @ 20NL is getting pretty close considering I aint managed to turn a profit at cash yet lol.
    Posted by Lambert180
    so thats really 3 times you could have qualified for luton nice lol. with your roll goin 2 be over 600 soon you goin to take a stab at 20nl or just stick to 10nl?
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £483.53:
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £483.53 : so thats really 3 times you could have qualified for luton nice lol. with your roll goin 2 be over 600 soon you goin to take a stab at 20nl or just stick to 10nl?
    Posted by liamboi11
    Wow....nice binkage Paul, 2 all in sats......I've never made it past the first hand in the few of those I've played!!!

Surely the roll is now large enough to throw a couple of 20NL tables alongside your normal 10 NL ones....come on mate, take a shot!!!!

;)
  • edited December 2012
    Can you now stop moaning about running bad, all evens out in the end )

2xnl20 for you - cmon bring it - try spinning the £100 up - you never won it at cash so pretend you never won it )
  • edited December 2012
    i would say its more than evened out

some players are just lucky i suppose

although i did notice that the majority of them all in sats were won by sky forum regs
  • edited December 2012
    Cheers guys. Yeah I can stop moaning about running bad for a bit lol, and yes it does all even out in the end :)

My BR nittiness is relenting a bit BUT with that said, I'm still gonna be playing almost exclusively 10NL still for a bit. This is less abuot the number of BIs I have and more about the fact, I've had some glaring leaks pointed out recently and think I have to realise that of my losses, a larger amount of it is bad play as appose to bad luck than I originally thought. I still did run fairly bad in a few sessions but could have definitely limited my losses by not making some horrible mistakes.

So I do wanna make sure I'm getting the main things right first before I just go risking twice as much money in every hand where I'm playing quite badly. I'm sure I'll introduce a few tables during December though.

No updates really other than the fact I got my C4P today, and I won't be playing for a few days because I'm leaving for Luton in a few hours and won't be back til Saturday or Sunday if things go well :p

Bankroll:              £629.93
    Profit/Loss:      
    -£190.27
    Poker Points:      154
  • edited December 2012

lol @ people trying to get Paul to move up!

Took us 3 months to talk him out of the "I need to win 100 buy ins @ nl4" plan.

Anyone noticed that Paul actually sits down and grinds even less than me recently!!!!?????

Get logging some hands!!!!!!!! ;)
  • edited December 2012
    Siigh, Doh is so right, and grinding less than Doh does is just ridiculous lol. To be fair, I have been quite busy trying to get Xmas pressies sorted and Xmas decorations up and I don't get that much free time each evening with work.

No excuse though, need to get back on the horse after Luton and log some 6 tabling 3 hour sessions and I will! I will be on 65k+ hands before the month is out!

EDIT: A min-cash tomorrow or a decent cash in the sidey tonights puts me on 4 figures and I will deffo start playing 20NL then.
  • edited December 2012
    If your running hot then it's a good time to take a shot )

It's still amazes me that when you run bad poker is like so horrible, but when you run good it's all gravy baby )

good luck at Luton, may even pop up and play the side events/cash !!
    Would be good to put a name to all the ugly faces !!

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £629.93:
    If your running hot then it's a good time to take a shot ) It's still amazes me that when you run bad poker is like so horrible, but when you run good it's all gravy baby ) good luck at Luton, may even pop up and play the side events/cash !! Would be good to put a name to all the ugly faces !!
    Posted by rancid
    Yeah that's my issue though, I'm not lol... at the moment I'm happy if I finish the session break even!
  • edited December 2012
    lol at running bad

wins all in sats = running bad [ ]
  • edited December 2012
    Lol @ my last update here, talk about doing the complete opposite of what I planned. I got back from Luton, and didn't go near FB or Sky til I think the following Sunday and even now I've only played like twice since Luton been on the forum about twice.

Luton didn't go that great. Was doing really well in the side event on the Friday, up to about 42k from a 8k starting stack and think blinds were like 600/1200 I think. Opened AA, 1 caller, cbet on K59 (all spades), turn is a blank like 6c, I jam cos he aint got that much behind now and he takes 2-3 mins then with a smirk turns over KK, so loved that lol. All kinda blew up from there and busted when I was down to like 12xBB, minraised AA, 2 callers, JJ2 ended up getting it in on the turn against J5.

Can't even remember much that happened in the ME, never got started really, think highest I ever got to was like 11k from a 7.5k starting stack, don't even remember my exit hand.

Played a £20 turbo, closest thing I can compare it to online is one of the £2.20 Scaries. 3k starting stack @ 25/50 and blinds going up like every 10 or 15 mins, can't remember but that's my kinda tourney. Only got about 40 odd runners, was doing really well, down to last 12 with 6 paid, I min-raise QQ UTG+1 hoping to induce a jam, the jam comes from AJ, love it, A on the flop against the only guy on the table with more chips than me, sigh.

Played a few Hypers on the Friday morning before leaving for Luton while Emma was getting ready, can't remember the result but finished a little bit down, maybe £10-£15.

The one night I've played since getting back (other than last night) I did some Hypers and made another smallish loss, played that new £16.50 Turbo cos there was just ridic overlay, busted that, played a Velo, no cash.

Played some cash last night, and somehow I managed to finish £9.31 up for the night, god knows how after stacking off to bigger sets twice, and stacking off with a set of Aces agaisnt the nut flush.

Really CBA updating this like crazy with all the wins/losses for Hypers etc anymore, so just gonna post up +/- £££ when I play. Although mostly gonna be playing cash anyway,

Got most of my Xmas pressies sorted now, hoping to finish the rest tonight cos I really HAVE to as I'm doing it all online and need to allow time for it to come.

tl;dr   but it's been a week or two.

Hands Played:     51,156
    Bankroll:              £575.24
    Profit/Loss:      
    -£180.96
    Poker Points:      690 (£5.52)
  • edited December 2012
    Nice update fella, sorry to hear that things didn't pan out ideally at luton... sounds like if the AA+QQ hands played themselves pre/held then you could've gone on to ship the whole thing!! Always need a bit of rungod live to cash/ship an MTT

FWIW I would say with £600 you should def mix in some stabs at 20nl... possibly at the end of your usual sessions for say 15-30mins depending on how comfortabe you feel

moving up is a science imo, its about making the next level up your comfort zone as your current stake is.  Make sure you dont think everyone is pulling advance plays or bluffing, get used to new regs asap and their leaks, work out who the fish are quick, learn how aggressive the games are, etc. I can assure you if ur beating/breakeven at 10nl no one is going to ruin your roll at 20nl... only tilt will if you can't cope with moving up properly.   

Its just about getting that feeling where its numbers in front of you and not money... the worst thing i did RE poker was play too low for too long at another site.  and i basically 24tabled from 2nl up to 50nl... over the course of 4 years. 

• edited December 2012
    Cheers mate, yeah things could have gone better at Luton, but I can't complain too much, I got in for a fiver through a proper satellite, and then won the BI x 2 from playing the all-in satellites before hand lol.

Yeah frustrating when things don't go your way, especially cos I know I play better live cos I'm much more focussed and not sat there watching TV and flicking around on FB and the forum etc.

And yeah I'm gonna give myself a few sessions back at 10NL cos it's been a little while since I've put any sort of proper cash grind in, then I am gonna be mixing in some 20NL. I guess it's one good thing that I don't see it as money really, can be frustrating at times, but like the money in Sky is pretty meaningless to me really. That's not to say I'm so well off I don't care about £600, but just that it's not come from my bank account, it's come from winning and because I never withdraw it's like it's not even real and I kinda see it as just like a game where I'm trying to get the best score. And I do obsess about getting good scores, like when I was younger I was pretty obsessed about Neopets lol even though it was meaningless really just cos I wanted to 'crush'.

So yeah still sticking to good BRM just not super nitty BRM.
  • edited December 2012
    u wanted to crush w/ neopets
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £575.24:
    u wanted to crush w/ neopets
    Posted by percival09
    I was young! and I'm competetive lol
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £575.24:
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £575.24 : I was young! and I'm competetive lol
    Posted by Lambert180
    lol i think the best poker players are those who are obbessive compulsive with hobbies. I'm the same with my 3yr old, snap, connect4, paper/scissors/rock, mouse trap.. whatever man.. i'ma ownin it!!! 

I see my poker bankroll as the £30 I started off with and nothing else and for me poker is just a hobby/nice way to pay for fancy toys/holidays, etc.  But all the same, once your beating 20nl and have a roll for say ~£1000-1500 than table select 20nl/30nl/40nl (everything but 50nl) for the best seats on the site across any of those tables, tv/action/normal, etc 

burning rake at lower stakes can hold a player back imo. I would say like 70% of my profits in the lower stakes came from loyalty/rakeback and 30% profit... so unless you put in redic volume its very hard to move up.