You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £321.13:
    Played the £3.30 speed tonight, busted really early getting it in JJ v T9 on 45T and the turn came a 9 :( As it was still so early so 2k was still very playable and the table was full of fish, I rebought and got my way up to 6.5k pretty quick. Got in a few nasty spots though and ended up busting so -£6.60 there. Played the DTD, no cashes there, think my best finish was like 30odd or 40odd, something like that. So another -£5.50 down. So what dya do when you're down a bit, go to the games you've been crushing recently.... HYPERS!!! I Won 32 and Lost 26 for a £15.50 profit so that was my MTT BIs back and a feq quid for my troubles. Got to get a move on cos I want 3k C4P cos it's like an extra tenner. Feel so much more comfortably rolled for 10NL now aswell which is nice. My goal about a week ago was to reach £250 (including C4P) again, but I'm smashing that now, so my new aim is £400 including my C4P (which I think will be £40ish) so got another £35 to make in 4 days. As sad as it may sound to some, I've never got my BR to £400 before cos I've never deposited big and always played small. Well I did go over £400 when I cashed at SPT Cardiff for £375 (brag lol) but I withdrew a chunk of that. Hands Played:     48,516 Bankroll:              £324.53 Profit/Loss:       -£182.66 Poker Points:      2805 (£33.66)
    Posted by Lambert180

I'm confused by the highlighted bit.

If you're £182 down, but your current roll is £324, you must have had 500+ at some point? 

• edited November 2012
    Nah Dohh, cos the £182 is just cash. So like I could be -£1000 on cash, and +£1000 on Hypers, and but cos I'm playing them at roughly the same time they've just covered each other. For instance, for a bit, I was just losing every session at cash, and then getting to break even or a bit up from Hypers so my BR wasn't changing much but my minus figure for cash was plummeting.

@Rancid - Yeah, don't worry I am going back to cash. Been playing more than I have been recently, just using Hypers ...

1) to make the 3k point barrier, not a huge difference but I'm a winner at Hypers anyway so not like I'm doing something -EV just for points and I'm so close I might aswell get to 3k now.

2) They're great filler for when you don't have time for a long session. I won't play cash if I can't commit to at least 1 hour absolute minimum, preferably more. But if I got a spare 30+ mins, I could get like 20 Hypers in.

I did mention somewhere in an earlier post that I'm gonna be getting back to the cash properly and I am playing it more now, I'm only continuing with Hypers til the end of the month. Then next month it's probably gonna be 90% cash with just a few speed MTTs

EDIT: To be fair Rancid, with regard to the old and grey bit lol.. I'd probably be rolled for 20NL faster by playing Hypers than I would 10NL, but that's another matter. Cash is my game of choice, and that's what I've been concentrating on when learning. 50BIs X 20NL = £1000 and I only started in like September (I think)... I think I'll smash the 12 month target to be honest. I said a long time ago I can do it in 6 months, and still think I can.
  • edited November 2012
    rip the spreadsheets up & forget about C4P
     Play high volume of NL10 cash and smah the granny out of it  - simples!!

£1000 in 3 months with a head wind ) GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO

too much numbers crunching - play some god dam pokers man :D
  • edited November 2012
    +1 then play higher then 10 nl so i can play u :) 
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £324.53:
    +1 then play higher then 10 nl so i can play u :) 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Lol I will be don't worry. I'm not looking to get up to £1000 just so I can withdraw some, I'll be moving up.

EDIT: Thought you weren't supposed to be playing cash anymore cos it's too boring :p lol
  • edited November 2012
    im not but if your on im thinking valueeeeeeee :) 
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £324.53:
    rip the spreadsheets up & forget about C4P  Play high volume of NL10 cash and smah the granny out of it  - simples!! £1000 in 3 months with a head wind ) GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO too much numbers crunching - play some god dam pokers man :D
    Posted by rancid
    Don't worry I have zero interest in C4P when I'm playing Micro cash, you just don't get any. Interesting to see how that changes next month actually with contribution based C4P cos I'm not a nit... I'll probably fall in the middle tbh and end up with roughly the same as normal. Only started thinking about C4P really when I was playing Hypers cos I knew I could win 3-4 BIs @ 10NL which is not to be sniffed at.

I know what you mean about spreadsheets but you're asking me to be someone else lol... I'm massively OCD about that kinda thing. I have a spreadsheet for all the incomings/outgoings each month for the house, so at any given point I always know exactly how much is in the bank, how much is going in savings, how many bills are left etc.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £324.53 : Don't worry I have zero interest in C4P when I'm playing Micro cash, you just don't get any. Interesting to see how that changes next month actually with contribution based C4P cos I'm not a nit... I'll probably fall in the middle tbh and end up with roughly the same as normal. Only started thinking about C4P really when I was playing Hypers cos I knew I could win 3-4 BIs @ 10NL which is not to be sniffed at. I know what you mean about spreadsheets but you're asking me to be someone else lol... I'm massively OCD about that kinda thing. I have a spreadsheet for all the incomings/outgoings each month for the house, so at any given point I always know exactly how much is in the bank, how much is going in savings, how many bills are left etc.
    Posted by Lambert180
    You say that, but I've been the one keeping up with the spreadsheet single-handedly for the past few months. Slacker.
  • edited November 2012
    If you dont have a spreadsheet for poker then your doing it wrong.  

Also if you have the free time then C4P should really be your route out of the micros and up to 20nl imo, if your a 4bb winner you going to pay more than this in rake.. so i would concentrate on breakevening for X% of hands until you get to £500 and then start playing mastercash/action tables at 20nl... say no more than 3-6tables. 
  • edited November 2012
    If you dont have a spreadsheet for poker then your doing it wrong.  
    Posted by TPTP123
    I have the mother of all spreadsheets don't worry. Keeps track of pretty much every stat I could ever want, hours played, stakes, no. of hands played, profit/loss for each session, BBs won/lost for each session, cumulative totals for all that. cumulative winrate as BB/100 and some stuff I can't even remember off the top of my head.
  • edited November 2012
    lol snap... spreadsheets are good. All you need to get is your hourly thats the main one
  • edited November 2012
    I didn't post last night, not because it was a losing session (although it was), just because I finished late and I needed to get to bed.

It was just Hypers last night, and to be fair it had to come at some point cos of how good I've been doing in them recently, but I ran like a one legged donkey, got it in good FTW so many times like AT v A9 or KQ v KJ and kept losing. I was still fairly happy though because I was managing to outplay alot of people and grind them down slowly rather than relying on winning races so wasn't too much behind the pace.

Finished up having a best of 7 with a forum reg that I respect (he can name himself if he wants) and I managed to luckbox a 4-0 win to get things more on track.

In the end I Won 31 and Lost 32 for a £20.75. Pretty standard being -4BIs @ Hypers, it's especially good if that's while you're running bad!

Gonna be starting a cash session tonight at 10pm, but will be playing a few Hypers til then.

Hands Played:     48,516
    Bankroll:              £303.78
    Profit/Loss:      
    -£182.66
    Poker Points:      2994 (£35.93)

• edited November 2012
    Something came up last night so I couldn't play my cash session. I did manage to play my Hypers before 10pm though. I Won 6 and Lost 3 for a £12.75 profit, so another good session albeit a tiny one. I know you're probably sick of C4P talk but I got over 3k last night so bit of a jump in my payout. Now I've got to 3k, I'm not hugely fussed about earning points.

Bankroll:              £316.53
    Profit/Loss:      
    -£182.66
    Poker Points:      3021 (£42.29)

• edited November 2012
    Only played a few speed MTTs tonight.

Built a monster stack in the first £3.30 Speed, something like 26k by the FT bubble, I had about double 2nd in chips, but you're always a race or two away from losing it. Got it in K9 v QJ and was ahead til the river, that was pretty sigh, then I made a pretty spewy jam with 89 3handed into AQ and can't bink, managed to spin up my 1k stack to about 6k but then bubbled the FT with top 3 paid... sigh.

Played the next £3.30 speed, same game, pays are £50, £30, £20. Got HU with Donk with abuot 22k v 11k I min-raise to induce with AQ, he jams with 22 and in true Donk style it comes 22x lol. Standard jam from him and he was ahead but just nasty to be drawing dead on the flop.

Then I made a pretty spewy call the next hand when he jammed on me with the stacks reversed so cashed for £30.

Played the £2.20 £500 GTD too, got it in A9 v KJ on 245 but he binked the river, sigh. Still a winning night but the £50 FTW in the other game would have been nice.

Bankroll:              £327.83
    Profit/Loss:      
    -£182.66
    Poker Points:      3036 (£42.50)

• edited November 2012
    Ended up playing a few Hypers last night but didn't get round to updating again cos it was late.

I Won 12 and Lost 10 for a £4.50 profit.

Need to make about £28 quid tonight to meet that target of reaching £400 by the end of the month, but tbh it's an abritary target anyway, and it's not like I'm gonna chase it. Will probably play both the £3 speeds and some Hypers, then from December the cash grind is back on properly.

Bankroll:              £332.33
    Profit/Loss:      
    -£182.66
    Poker Points:      3104 (£43.46)

• edited November 2012
    Good evening all,

Well I said I needed to make £28 profit tonight to get over the £400 mark for the month (including C4P).... did I make it?

Played a few speeds and never really got going in any of them, always frustrating as well when you get a table full of pure mackeral but just don't get going.

Decided to play a few Hypers to repay the MTT losses and freeroll my other MTTs for the night. I Won 7 and Lost 1 for a £28 profit, so easy enough to cover my small MTTs.

Last tourney of the night was the £5 Velocity (the freeezout)... started slowly but picked up a few pots here and there. Blinds had got quite big at this point and I jammed over a min-open... ended up getting called my original opener and BB and amazingly it was AJ v A8 v KJ and I made a sick hold to jump to a massive stack. Crushed from that point onwards Went into FT as chip leader (top 5 paid).

Some standard races took us down to 3handed with me on 60k and the other 2 stacks on 30k each, blinds are 1.5k/3k so all moves are gonna be pretty standard from here... button folds, I jam A4 into the BB and he snaps with AT.... siiiigh. So we swap stacks, few orbits later I jam QTs get called by 66, hit my Q... river is the 6.... siiiiigghhh. I never get that final smidge of luck you sometimes need late in an MTT to take it down.

Ah well, can't complain too much, £5 buyin and I came 3rd for £35.25 just frustrating when it's £94 FTW and to have that CL 3handed against 2 fish and lose it.

MUFFABLUFF    141000     1    £94 
    texsid                         0      2    £58.75
    Lambert180                0     3    £35.25

================================================================================

Bankroll:              £371.38
    Profit/Loss:      
    -£182.66
    Poker Points:      3150 (£44.10)

• edited December 2012
    November Summary

Talk about swingy times! In the last week or two of October, I managed to get my BR from £350 down to like £100 and just felt pure sick.

I got a lot of encouragement from good players though to just keep plugging away cos they/I know I'm good enough to win at these levels. So I did... I've played everything this month, Hypers, Speed MTTs, Cash, the DTD, satellites for Luton, and even a night of 6tabling DYMs as a little challenge with Emma. It's been fun having a mixture of games and has helped with things not getting stale.

I've still been doing pretty rubbish at cash this month but all in all I can't deny that I've ran pretty well and had a pretty sick month. I've got an 8th in the Mini from a free entry, 3rd in the Velo tonight and won a £3.30 speed early in the month for £50, still looking for that one big bink in an MTT. I've completely crushed Hypers this month and must be at least £150 up on them

AND on top of all of that, I managed to bink my seat in Luton and end up making a profit on the satellites!

I have now built my bankroll to £371.38 and have £44.10 C4P coming for a total of £415.48 which is an all-time high for my BR and I feel like it's a great acheivement as I haven't relied on 1 big bink to see me through, it's been a slow grind with a lot of hard work.

December for me is gonna consist of ALOT of 10NL, I'm gonna be stopping Hypers for the most part (probably play the odd few), and still play a few Speed MTTs cos they're full of value. Gonna take your advice Rancid and just put a ton of volume in and hope I don't have another October lol.

Wish me luck!
  • edited December 2012
    how come its taking u ages to grind up to get to £400 i only deposited £50 2 months ago now over 2.5k cmon paul ya slacking :) 
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £371.38:
    how come its taking u ages to grind up to get to £400 i only deposited £50 2 months ago now over 2.5k cmon paul ya slacking :) 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Tbf, if C4P is a fair representation of the volume put in (roughly cos it depends on stakes), you earned more poker points during October in the Kings of Cash month than I have in probably the last 12+ months. It's pretty hard for me to play 10 hours a day when I have a girlfriend, 2 kids and a job.

But don't worry mate, haven't you heard the tale of the tortoise and the hare... slow and steady wins the race. Let's compare in 12 months :)
  • edited December 2012
    Pretty nice start to the day/month...

Played a £3.30 £150 guaranteed Timed Tourney (30 mins) and finished as chip leader :p

Lambert180 16200 1 £24.30
    spikeynut 11100 2 £16.65
    84oriana 9400 3 £14.11
    Then someone pointed out most people got a £2 voucher for SkyVegas so I used mine on Deal or No Deal and won £4.16, so I'm up £25.16 already :)

Bankroll:              £396.54 (+£44.10 C4P to come)
    Profit/Loss:      
    -£182.66
    Poker Points:      3

• edited December 2012
    Just played my first cash session of the month, and first in a while. Played 6tables for 2 hours, sigh @ getting owned by Mr Loose Shaun09 for a BI but still finished the session +£14.77 so can't complain too much.

Taking a bit of a break now, cos I felt like I was losing momentum and I've noticed a leak recently is that I lose concentration after a couple of hours and start spewing. Might just take 15 mins and go back, not sure yet.

If anyone is interested, I earned 51 points for 6tabling for 2 hours under the new system, but dunno if that's more or less than what I used to get. Anyone played a session of 10NL abuot that length? If so, what did you get?

Hands Played:     49,476
    Bankroll:              £411.31 (+£44.10 C4P to come)
    Profit/Loss:      
    -£167.89
    Poker Points:      54

• edited December 2012
    I thought I'd post up my cash graph from Poker Dominator because I haven't for ages. Obviously as you can see from the Profit/Loss bit of my updates it took an embarassingly bad downturn over the last few weeks. I thought it would be good to post it now, as I intend to be turning it all round during December. Hopefully I'll be posting a graph that looks a lot nicer than this in January :)

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £371.38:
    Just played my first cash session of the month, and first in a while. Played 6tables for 2 hours, sigh @ getting owned by Mr Loose Shaun09 for a BI but still finished the session +£14.77 so can't complain too much. Taking a bit of a break now, cos I felt like I was losing momentum and I've noticed a leak recently is that I lose concentration after a couple of hours and start spewing. Might just take 15 mins and go back, not sure yet. If anyone is interested, I earned 51 points for 6tabling for 2 hours under the new system, but dunno if that's more or less than what I used to get. Anyone played a session of 10NL abuot that length? If so, what did you get? Hands Played:     49,476 Bankroll:              £411.31 (+£44.10 C4P to come) Profit/Loss:       -£167.89 Poker Points:      54
    Posted by Lambert180

hi m8 ive played roughly 4hrs in total on 10nl today 4-6 tabling and i got around 250pts but you know i`m a bit on the tight side.

also good going on the bankroll going up and up.

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 4NL to 20NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 20NL within 12 months ------ Current Bankroll = £371.38 : hi m8 ive played roughly 4hrs in total on 10nl today 4-6 tabling and i got around 250pts but you know i`m a bit on the tight side. also good going on the bankroll going up and up.
    Posted by liamboi11
    Whoa that's 5 times as many points in twice the time!! That can't be right lol. And I aint even a nit!

Ah well, now I'm back to just cash this month, and points are so low at micro stakes, I'm not even paying any attention to what I earn really, anything I get at the end of the month will just be a bonus, I'm more focussed on beating the game.

• edited December 2012
    Just played my first cash session of the month, and first in a while. Played 6tables for 2 hours, sigh @ getting owned by Mr Loose Shaun09 for a BI but still finished the session +£14.77 so can't complain too much. Taking a bit of a break now, cos I felt like I was losing momentum and I've noticed a leak recently is that I lose concentration after a couple of hours and start spewing. Might just take 15 mins and go back, not sure yet. If anyone is interested, I earned 51 points for 6tabling for 2 hours under the new system, but dunno if that's more or less than what I used to get. Anyone played a session of 10NL abuot that length? If so, what did you get? Hands Played:     49,476 Bankroll:              £411.31 (+£44.10 C4P to come) Profit/Loss:       -£167.89 Poker Points:      54
    Posted by Lambert180
    regarding your points im pretty sure its less than you would have got. old system i'd be expecting 7 or 8 points per table per hour. so 6 tabling 2 hours would be around the 85 mark if thats any use for your comparison.

i havent logged any hours at nl10 to see what difference it would make to me. ive been playing nl4 today and will be for the short term and i can tell you im down on what i would expect to get under old system for the hours ive played today. i havent been overly tight either, just at nl4 you really have to get your stack in n called to even earn 1 point now.

good to see your back battling the cash. best of luck mate
  • edited December 2012
    Cheers TinTin. Yeah after LiamBoi posted, I had a look at how many hands I played in the session and estimated about 70% of them to be raked, and on that basis I'm down a bit. Obviously with this new system it's gonna be really up and down with the nature of poker, some sessions you'll be having spots to get it all in every 5 mins, and some sessions you'll be grinding slow and steady picking up small pots. Sometimes yuo'll have strings of hands worth playing and sometimes you'll have long periods with just nothing playable, so will vary alot from session to session imo.

As I said though, not too fussed abuot points, just focussed on beating the games.

Good luck at the tables.
  • edited December 2012
    Doesnt really matter about poker points @ micros , but i just done an hour 2 tabling for most of it 1 other table for about 40 mins got around 30 points. Dont think i ever looked on the old system whether thats better then norm or not, dont really care either :)

Try not to pwn me later ROFL
  • edited December 2012
    Posted by Lambert180
    Mr Loose lol :D gg 
  • edited December 2012
    iaisdfhlaidfn

I'm getting REALLY sick of running AWFUL at cash session after session, it's getting pretty ridic now.  I just dunno what to do anymore, I'm not playing perfect but I'm playing pretty straight forward and doing the right things and the poker gods are just refusing to let me win.

Lost a full BI with TT v JJ on.. wait for it.... lol.... JT4 :)

Lost another one over 3 streets with JJ on 26678... obv had 56

Lost another BI on 479dd with AA... obv he couldn't have smaller overpairs, FDs, straight draws, or even 2 prs so I at least have outs... no it's 44.

And the best of all...
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Scolari77 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £11.74
    Lambert180 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £21.48
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

SMOKEABIGY Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £15.50
    rich-a-64 Call   £0.30 £0.75 £8.70
    Tommo07 Call   £0.30 £1.05 £10.14
    dub1 Fold        
    Scolari77 Call   £0.25 £1.30 £11.49
    Lambert180 Raise   £1.40 £2.70 £20.08
    SMOKEABIGY Call   £1.20 £3.90 £14.30
    rich-a-64 Fold        
    Tommo07 Call   £1.20 £5.10 £8.94
    Scolari77 Call   £1.20 £6.30 £10.29
    Flop

• J

Scolari77 Check        
    Lambert180 Bet   £3.90 £10.20 £16.18
    SMOKEABIGY Call   £3.90 £14.10 £10.40
    Tommo07 Call   £3.90 £18.00 £5.04
    Scolari77 Fold        
    Turn

• Q

Lambert180 Bet   £5.10 £23.10 £11.08
    SMOKEABIGY All-in   £10.40 £33.50 £0.00
    Tommo07 All-in   £5.04 £38.54 £0.00
    Lambert180 Raise   £10.60 £49.14 £0.48
    Lambert180 Unmatched bet   £5.30 £43.84 £5.78
    Lambert180 Show
    • Q
    • Q

SMOKEABIGY Show
    • Q
    • A

Tommo07 Show

River

• K

SMOKEABIGY Win Straight to the Ace £42.44   £42.44
    Somehow by some kinda miracle only managed to lose £22.38

Also played the £3.30 speed and bubbled, and played the £2.20 all in sat for Luton for the cash... still not managed to win the first hand of an all-in sat yet lol. £402.51

Hands Played:     50,436
    Bankroll:              £380.13 (+£44.10 C4P to come)
    Profit/Loss:      
    -£190.27
    Poker Points:      141

• edited December 2012
    i was running like you described for a long time, took the decision to step back as my head was wasted with it and it had drained my confidence. i took a lot of money out for xmas and decided to play some nl4 for the short term to rebuild not just my roll but my confidence. it seems to be working, 25 buyins up in 2 days and the confidence is returning.

if you feel days like today are happening too often then theres no harm dropping a level to restore confidence. its amazing how banking some wins in a row changes how you perceive things. keep at it mate but if you feel your on the slippery slope then get off before too much damage occurs. run good mate