You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary.

Comments

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary.:
    I did indeed have QQ that hand, hence the flat pre antes vs utg and lead into 6 fishies on 9 hi :) So funny that he chose that hand to lie about though, especially after I'd already declared my hand which luckily I showed to the guy to my right ha. For anyone wondering Tommy would have GOT THERE anyway vs me... Although I wasn't worried at all about him - utg loudmouth's check raise looked very strong into what 4/5 people Tommy? He was clearly 'at it' but what a terrible spot to c/r bluff.
    Posted by pryce6
    Nick,

Absolutely no one was wondering this, the fish always gets there!

Well played at the weekend Nick

Matt
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Should deffo get yourself down to Birmingham then... that can't be too far from Wales, right?
    Posted by Lambert180
    Yeah I'll hopefully be going. £110 crapshoot sounds perfect for practice
  • edited March 2013
    nice update fella... was a good read. 
    Posted by TPTP123
    Cheers dude!!
  • edited March 2013
    Great insight tommy. Hope you had fun. Can see why you slid away quietly im sure most people on the forum have been in that place. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Thanks mate.

Obviously had fun.  I generally disappear off for a bit after busting a tournament anyway.  It may be for 20 minutes, it may be a complete get out of there and go home.  For Stratford it was get on bus immediately and go for a pint my Dad.
  • edited March 2013
    nice read sir, and it was a pleasure to meet you btw. I'm such a live noob. I need some serious practice haha
    Posted by percival09
    Cheers, great to meet you as well, catch you again at one of these soon.

Stunning hair BTW ;)
  • edited March 2013
    I generally don't mind people who sit out HU cash, people who hit and run, people who leave a table open to swoop in if the right people sit, people who immediately change seats to get position on someone who just got to the table, people who only buy in for the amount that covers a certain person at the table.

I generally don't mind this on the 'their money, their choice' rule.  I don't like it, but I generally don't mind it.

However if another person blooming well buttons me this week I'm going to punch through my screen on the bazillion to one shot that a wormhole will open up through time and space and I will end up punching them in the crackerjacks mere moments before they were due to lose their virginity.
  • edited March 2013
    I generally don't mind people who sit out HU cash, people who hit and run, people who leave a table open to swoop in if the right people sit, people who immediately change seats to get position on someone who just got to the table, people who only buy in for the amount that covers a certain person at the table. I generally don't mind this on the 'their money, their choice' rule.  I don't like it, but I generally don't mind it. However if another person blooming well buttons me this week I'm going to punch through my screen on the bazillion to one shot that a wormhole will open up through time and space and I will end up punching them in the crackerjacks mere moments before they were due to lose their virginity.
    Posted by TommyD
    Buttons you?
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Buttons you?
    Posted by Lambert180

Only gets a packet of Cadburys buttons for Easter, not a Cadburys creme egg. He is slighlty passionate about these things
  • edited March 2013

Buttoning is where someone plays HU with you (in this case on the 6 max table), plays 1 hand, nicks your blind and goes/ sits out.  (normally a raise and take it).

It's annoying like a flee bite.  You get bit by a flee a dozen times and then you start to really hate the flee.

• edited March 2013
    Buttoning is where someone plays HU with you (in this case on the 6 max table), plays 1 hand, nicks your blind and goes/ sits out.  (normally a raise and take it). It's annoying like a flee bite.  You get bit by a flee a dozen times and then you start to really hate the flee.
    Posted by TommyD
    Ah ok. Is there not the temptation to just 3bet them with ATC just to force them to either

1) Give up their 2xBB
     OR
    2) Play some poker
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Ah ok. Is there not the temptation to just 3bet them with ATC just to force them to either 1) Give up their 2xBB  OR 2) Play some poker
    Posted by Lambert180
    The problem here Lambert is they aren't wearing a T-Shirt saying 'I'm Buttoning Crazy, YYEEEHARRRRR'

It's been a variety of people so I don't always know it's coming.  The start of HU is generally always a little cagey and ABC.
  • edited March 2013
    Lol ah ok, fair point. I assumed it was just a small group of serial offenders who refuse to play you HU but will always do that, so when you're sat HU with them you'd know it's coming.
  • edited March 2013
    I generally don't mind people who sit out HU cash, people who hit and run, people who leave a table open to swoop in if the right people sit, people who immediately change seats to get position on someone who just got to the table, people who only buy in for the amount that covers a certain person at the table. I generally don't mind this on the 'their money, their choice' rule.  I don't like it, but I generally don't mind it. However if another person blooming well buttons me this week I'm going to punch through my screen on the bazillion to one shot that a wormhole will open up through time and space and I will end up punching them in the crackerjacks mere moments before they were due to lose their virginity.
    Posted by TommyD
    I loled heartily at this line.

the best bit is when a 6max table breaks and the terrible reg is left vs you and you just KNOW that they want to win this hand because they've already ticked stand. it's hilarious, ive had some unbelievable coolers before in this spot AND had some of the tightest players on the site punt stacks off to me in an attempt to win the hand. lol
  • edited March 2013

Is buttoning something you think we should do something about?

If so, what?

Is it the same people each time?
  • edited March 2013
    Is buttoning something you think we should do something about? If so, what? Is it the same people each time?
    Posted by Sky_Poker

there's not much you can do + it's not the first thing of many that you should be looking at but hey ho we've told you this many times before...
  • edited March 2013
    Is buttoning something you think we should do something about? If so, what? Is it the same people each time?
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Nothing I can think of that can be done about it, just one of those spots in online poker where it's down to the players to look at themselves.  If I was the sort of player to refuse to play regs HU when a 6 max table breaks or when someone joins a table I have started, I'd see that blind as the fine for leaving the blinds button ticked and fold ATC before sitting out.  But I'm not that sort of player so I probably don't think the same way.

You generally know who is going to do it, although it is a variety of people.  Just to clarify it's not against the rules or cheating.  I just consider it poor etiquette and it's really annoying.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : I loled heartily at this line. the best bit is when a 6max table breaks and the terrible reg is left vs you and you just KNOW that they want to win this hand because they've already ticked stand. it's hilarious, ive had some unbelievable coolers before in this spot AND had some of the tightest players on the site punt stacks off to me in an attempt to win the hand.lol
    Posted by beaneh
    Very much this.

One that sticks in my mind was versus a reg who I actually really like personally and who I think is a very good player.  I have Queens the very first hand as it's broken down to HU, it's a deep table and I think 'I've got you now.'  Of course they have Aces and hold.  I didn't even bother to switch to normal view to see them tell me how they didn't want to play HU after they sat out.  I just went to the bathroom and puked.
  • edited March 2013
    Why would a reg be bothered about 1 or 2 bb's ?

Can understand someone buttoning from table to table though, surely just note the flea so they can't do it again )

• edited March 2013
    Why would a reg be bothered about 1 or 2 bb's ? Can understand someone buttoning from table to table though, surely just note the flea so they can't do it again )
    Posted by rancid

they're idiots, the funniest thing is it's often the most terrible of nitty regs that suddenly weird out and do it, makes me laugh so much.
  • edited March 2013
    FIFA Update

Yes I still suck.  I think I'm in Division 7 or something like that.  I'm not very good.  What I am astounded by which is adding to my general irritation factor is how much abuse I get.  Every time I have a FIFA session I usually get at least one PM from someone I played telling me, quite bluntly, that I'm not very good (no offence if you're a fan of these teams but it's normally from someone playing as Chelsea or Liverpool).  It staggers me how much they have to go out of their way to do all of this for no apparent reason other than to try to dampen my day.  Buffoons.  I never reply, no point.

Sigh.

Any how, GTA5 is coming soon, I'll be dropping FIFA for that very very quickly and going around not breaking the law.  Somehow I feel I don't get the most out of that game.  I like the driving though.
  • edited March 2013
    Didn't realise there was a new GTA coming out, I'm so out of touch with the gaming scene these days. I assume it'll be on the 360 (and PS3 but I hate playstation)?

When's that out?

EDIT: Sigh @ the Fifa update - just shows like in poker, you get people in all walks of life that just wanna put people down.
  • edited March 2013
    Grind update

I'm doing alright.  Really looking forward to UKOPS obviously.  I know Matt really wants to take one down so I expect personal banter between us to hit all new heights of silliness over the next week.  The GF is heading North over the Easter weekend, and she's bringing back two mini people with her for the first week of the Easter break.  So the plan is to grind myself into the dirt over the weekend because I won't be at the tables much for a week after.

Any whoop, I'm plugging myself into the grid from Thursday onwards.  Sorting out a proper multi site schedule for those days with UKOPS at the centre.  I don't pre plan MTT schedules enough and it can end up being a little haphazard, which I'm sure is very -ev.  I will probably update progress over the UKOPS weekend.

And what's more, I gave up chocolate for lent.  Gotta love Christian traditions, other religions and cultures make huge sacrifices, journeys and commitments at various times.  Christians give up sweets.  And still complain it's tough.  Gonna be knee deep in eggs by Sunday evening.
  • edited March 2013
    Didn't realise there was a new GTA coming out, I'm so out of touch with the gaming scene these days. I assume it'll be on the 360 (and PS3 but I hate playstation)? When's that out? EDIT: Sigh @ the Fifa update - just shows like in poker, you get people in all walks of life that just wanna put people down.
    Posted by Lambert180
    They said Spring this year.  There are a couple of trailers out for it, the second one makes it look immense, plus has a kicking Stevie Wonder song behind it.
  • edited March 2013
    I recently re-installed one of my favourite games of all time.

The original driver, from 1998, and it still looks more than acceptable, whilst playing absolutely brilliantly and being awesome fun.
    Tis a bit of a ridic game because of the first 'test' level at the very start to get your undercover job you have a ridiculously hard task, though once you can complete that you know you'll be able to do the game.

Tis absolutely brilliant, and how a game should be. You load it up and the creators images come up, but you press any button and it snap fast forwards to your first set of options no messing about. You click quit and it says yes/no and then quits none of this extra few winsows are you sure, did you not mean this etc etc.

absolutely incredible game !!!
  • edited March 2013
    the abuse problem is very much apparent on the gaming community. problably auch.worse iasue than poker has. ever since cod 4 and the introduction on kill death and win lose ratios its gt even worse.  "my win ratio is 2.1% yours is 2% that means your a total noob scrub" is a very common kind of thing. Tommy are you playing on xbox if so would you fancy a game at somepoint? ive only lost 1 game on seasons and in div 8. prefer my silvee ultimate team whiv has me floatong from.div 1&2 but got bored of it after the last title update killed my noob skills.
  • edited March 2013
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    its pretty scummy for some rats to do this.  sky shoud run some filters/analyse if there are certain IP addresses doing this and then insta freeze stolen funds as its probably taken place against alot of table starter regs playing 100nl+

serial offenders should be managed imo
  • edited March 2013
    Can someone please what people benifit from buttoning. I mean i like £1 as much as the next guy (NL100 example) but surely sitting on a table winning £1 and leaving at these levels just isnt gravy. It just seems soo pointless
  • edited March 2013
    Yeah I know what ya mean, but I guess it's about not giving up the SB too.

Also, do that to someone for £1, 10 times a day = £10

Play for say 250 days of the year = £2,500 - nice pay rise ;)
  • edited March 2013
    yep but this kind beaviour should be logged as if they are silly enough to be doing this for £1.5 or 50p... think about other forms of cheating they could be a part of.   More then likley its someone who just doesnt know better... but if trends start to occur sky should be all over it.  

I really want to hear that sky are serious about punishing theft. 

• edited March 2013
    yep but this kind beaviour should be logged as if they are silly enough to be doing this for £1.5 or 50p... think about other forms of cheating they could be a part of.   More then likley its someone who just doesnt know better... but if trends start to occur sky should be all over it.   I really want to hear that sky are serious about punishing theft. 
    Posted by TPTP123

it's cash you can leave whenever you want, in the case of games breaking it's just kind afunny, and you get a reg pecking order of who ALWAYS sits out first, I can normally tell you the order and speed with which a table that i'm playing on will break when the other fish apart from me leaves.

it isn't theft, or immoral, it's borderline ethicy but given no one tells anyone when they are quitting anyway I don't see a problem. it adds a fun dynamic because you know that if they go mental aggro trying to win a pot then they may well have already ticked stand lol. nothing more tilting than someone who clicks stand with a 120£ stack at nl100 say and then when they leave the table at the end of the hand they have sub 100 from bluffing it off. it's hilarious and all part of the game.