You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary.

Comments

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary.:
    Grind update I'm doing alright.  Really looking forward to UKOPS obviously.  I know Matt really wants to take one down so I expect personal banter between us to hit all new heights of silliness over the next week.  The GF is heading North over the Easter weekend, and she's bringing back two mini people with her for the first week of the Easter break.  .
    Posted by TommyD
    I've NO idea why, but when I read this I had visions of your GF arriving back with Gordon Strachan & one of the Krankies! Oh and the cat saying "Jeez that's all I need! Another ginger Tom in da house"  ;-)
    P
  • edited March 2013
    okay, im not gonan derail tommy thread. i've posted my opinion. 
  • edited March 2013
    Grind update I'm doing alright.  Really looking forward to UKOPS obviously.  I know Matt really wants to take one down so I expect personal banter between us to hit all new heights of silliness over the next week.  The GF is heading North over the Easter weekend, and she's bringing back two mini people with her for the first week of the Easter break.  So the plan is to grind myself into the dirt over the weekend because I won't be at the tables much for a week after. Any whoop, I'm plugging myself into the grid from Thursday onwards.  Sorting out a proper multi site schedule for those days with UKOPS at the centre.  I don't pre plan MTT schedules enough and it can end up being a little haphazard, which I'm sure is very -ev.  I will probably update progress over the UKOPS weekend. And what's more, I gave up chocolate for lent.  Gotta love Christian traditions, other religions and cultures make huge sacrifices, journeys and commitments at various times.  Christians give up sweets.  And still complain it's tough.  Gonna be knee deep in eggs by Sunday evening.
    Posted by TommyD
    I thought I was the only one coming to stay?
  • edited March 2013
    Wow, didn't think the buttoning rant I had would get that reaction.  Anyway, moving on until we return again:

That was UKOPS1.  Disappointed.

Small cash in the main, pure bubble on the side but with a head, got some heads in the mini and micro to give us a small profit on the first day.  I've made money so why am I down about it?  Well it's tournaments, deep runs and big stacks don't happen as often as you think.  I had two shots to made a big score and failed.  What gives me a whole meh feeling about it though is I really didn't do much if anything wrong.

In the main I was pretty controlled and lost my first effective flip.  I say effective, it wasn't your classic pair v overs, I open with KTs, AJ in the BB flats and we see a 89T flop.  I call off the check jam and they hit.  I think we only started 23 odd BB effective so it's pretty standard.  I win, I sit 3rd in chips with 18 left.  I know and have turned these spots into FT seats a respectable amount of times so now the dust has settled I'm happy with my play.  I guess I could check back the flop to kill equity holdings which will be about with the intention of getting it in on a turn brick, the downside of this is there are a lot of very non bricklike cards.  I'd be looking for 2 through 5, board pairs and kings.  Everything else kills either the action or my hand.  The upside of winning that flip is probably too big to shy away from getting it in so yeah, I'm ok with it all.

The side bubble was fun.  The table was short apart from the young whippersnapper Andrew1947 who had position on me.  One of those spots where Andrew doesn't want the bubble to pop as he can nick plenty and I really want it to go so some chips can flow again and I can get a double.  So I took on the micro stack twice, getting it in a 60/40 fave both times and not holding.  Then I lost a flip to Andrew.  Ba da bing, ba da boom.  I guess I could have nitted it up for the cash but I was playing something like 12BB at this point.  So no regrets.

So here's the thing, I can't play much better than that.  Which means I'll probably play worse than that for the rest of the series.  So it's hard to see where a score is gonna come from.

Anyway, rebuys tonight.  Because that's always a cheap endeavour for me.

Sigh.
  • edited March 2013
    Wow, didn't think the buttoning rant I had would get that reaction.  Anyway, moving on until we return again: That was UKOPS1.  Disappointed. Small cash in the main, pure bubble on the side but with a head, got some heads in the mini and micro to give us a small profit on the first day.  I've made money so why am I down about it?  Well it's tournaments, deep runs and big stacks don't happen as often as you think.  I had two shots to made a big score and failed.  What gives me a whole meh feeling about it though is I really didn't do much if anything wrong. In the main I was pretty controlled and lost my first effective flip.  I say effective, it wasn't your classic pair v overs, I open with KTs, AJ in the BB flats and we see a 89T flop.  I call off the check jam and they hit.  I think we only started 23 odd BB effective so it's pretty standard.  I win, I sit 3rd in chips with 18 left.  I know and have turned these spots into FT seats a respectable amount of times so now the dust has settled I'm happy with my play.  I guess I could check back the flop to kill equity holdings which will be about with the intention of getting it in on a turn brick, the downside of this is there are a lot of very non bricklike cards.  I'd be looking for 2 through 5, board pairs and kings.  Everything else kills either the action or my hand.  The upside of winning that flip is probably too big to shy away from getting it in so yeah, I'm ok with it all. The side bubble was fun.  The table was short apart from the young whippersnapper Andrew1947 who had position on me.  One of those spots where Andrew doesn't want the bubble to pop as he can nick plenty and I really want it to go so some chips can flow again and I can get a double.  So I took on the micro stack twice, getting it in a 60/40 fave both times and not holding.  Then I lost a flip to Andrew.  Ba da bing, ba da boom.  I guess I could have nitted it up for the cash but I was playing something like 12BB at this point.  So no regrets. So here's the thing, I can't play much better than that.  Which means I'll probably play worse than that for the rest of the series.  So it's hard to see where a score is gonna come from. Anyway, rebuys tonight.  Because that's always a cheap endeavour for me. Sigh.
    Posted by TommyD

Morning Tommy,

Good railing you last night as always. It's a good feeling knowing you have played well, even if the big score did'nt happen. 

All joking aside- do you set yourself a "budget" for the number of rebuys, or will you just rebuy as many times as required? Do you play extra loose in the rebuy period, or do you still play your normal game?

Cheers 

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Morning Tommy, Good railing you last night as always. It's a good feeling knowing you have played well, even if the big score did'nt happen.  All joking aside- do you set yourself a "budget" for the number of rebuys, or will you just rebuy as many times as required? Do you play extra loose in the rebuy period, or do you still play your normal game? Cheers 
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    He does, he opens AQsuited and JJ too
  • edited March 2013
    Hi Greg

No budget or stop loss.  I will be taking a lot of marginal spots.  I won't be crazy throwing chips in the middle but if I think a range is an even money shot or close to the right price and I am yet to build a stack, it's going in.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : He does, he opens AQsuited and JJ too
    Posted by MattBates
    Not all of us make straight with 94s on a regular basis, mortals need a Plan B.
  • edited March 2013
    Unlucky Tommy on your near misses. I'm sure you'll manage to pull one good result out the bag during the series and in MTTs that all we need innit ;)

Last night was the first time I've ever played any of the UKOPS events. I had a near miss in the Semi for the Sidey so only played the Micro and Mini but I must say I was very impressed with the structures. Such a refreshing change to not have that scenario where you have a decent stack of say 25xBB and then boom blinds go up and suddenly you have 12.5xBB.

Cheers for railing Emma btw, we were 1 place off getting 2 UKOPS FTs in the same household in the same night. Speaking of which, I made what I (now in cool light of day) think was a mistake on the FT of the UKOPS Micro and I've posted it in my diary, would be interested to get your thoughts as you're the MTT guru ;) Looking at it now his line looks SO valuey, but because I under-repped my hand so much I levelled myself into a (bad?) river call.
  • edited March 2013
    Let's be honest. Noone cares about ediquette. Everyone is out to get money from other people. The people that do this obviously dont make much money, therefore who cares? Why does it matter? If you join a heads up hypercharged game and the player is away, do you wait a while to give them a chance to at least restore their internet connection and come back? haha no chance
  • edited March 2013
    Let's be honest. Noone cares about ediquette. Everyone is out to get money from other people. The people that do this obviously dont make much money, therefore who cares? Why does it matter? If you join a heads up hypercharged game and the player is away, do you wait a while to give them a chance to at least restore their internet connection and come back? haha no chance
    Posted by sam64
    The above post is the problem (my post isn't just based on what Sam said), certain players want to get as much money as quickly as possible with no thoughts for the long term poker economy or how they speak to other players.

Winning poker players need long term losing players, if a winning player beats a player, abuses that player etc he isn't likely to come back again. So winning player wins big one night but the player who might have played long term (spending their money on the entertainment of poker) doesn't play anymore.

Etiquette is very important in my opinion, no one is perfect and at times we all do things we might look back on and regret but on the whole poker players (and more so winning poker players) have a responsibility to act in a certain way. For me it boils down to whether players want to learn and try to improve their game or just take the easy route and bum hunt players of a massively lower standard/take any small edge to maximise short term profits.

Regarding Tommy's original post, I dont play much cash and dont know how much of a problem it is. Personally (and I think Tommy will agree with this) there are bigger problems, a large amount of which revolve around players actions some of which I find embarrassing (the most embarrassing thing is the fact they dont have a problem with what they are doing).

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : They said Spring this year.  There are a couple of trailers out for it, the second one makes it look immense, plus has a kicking Stevie Wonder song behind it.
    Posted by TommyD
    They've changed the release date to Autum/Winter later this year to coincide with the next gen console release I believe.
  • edited March 2013
    this site is a load of rubbish started to play on pacific 888 much better site hands are fairer on this site 99% if chip leader calls on rag hands against aa they will win. wrote a message the other day have not won a hand since only played to see if its true.if you complain they only say we are monitered by soandso r ubbishits rig

• edited March 2013
    FIFA Update Yes I still suck.  I think I'm in Division 7 or something like that.  I'm not very good.  What I am astounded by which is adding to my general irritation factor is how much abuse I get.  Every time I have a FIFA session I usually get at least one PM from someone I played telling me, quite bluntly, that I'm not very good (no offence if you're a fan of these teams but it's normally from someone playing as Chelsea or Liverpool).  It staggers me how much they have to go out of their way to do all of this for no apparent reason other than to try to dampen my day.  Buffoons.  I never reply, no point. Sigh. Any how, GTA5 is coming soon, I'll be dropping FIFA for that very very quickly and going around not breaking the law.  Somehow I feel I don't get the most out of that game.  I like the driving though.
    Posted by TommyD
    Warning ;  Brag post

I'm in division 1 and the amount of abusive messages i get is unreal, at least 7 in every 10 people.  It's a nightmare typing messages on the ps3 aswell,  really not worth the effort .
    Also in division 1,  there will be people who if they go 1-0 up,  just try and keep the ball by passing it between the defense and keeper for a full half.  Absolutely ridiculous  , life tilt !!!

Just spent a good 20 minutes catching up on the diary,  congrats on team TSP. 
    Also hows the cat  ?  One of my cats goes missing for days at a time, but he comes back well groomed and well fed , hmmm.  My guess is he has several very nice homes, but as long as hes happy !
    GL with the rest of UKOPS.
    Pm me if you want a life lesson at fifa ;)   
    Then maybe you can gimme a lesson at MTT binkage !
  • edited April 2013
    Posted by sam64
    Well I for one care about etiquette.  Live poker used to have a 'no moody's' unwritten rule.  A moody in this context can range between being deceptive to downright angle shooting and rubdowns.  Now some places and players took this to huge extremes, for instance having a long dwell and then check raising was considered by some to be a moody.  However the general level of no angle shooting, playing within the spirit of the game and not slowrolling is something I still whole heartedly endorse and follow.

You mention HU, I was playing a HU tournie once, the oppo was disco'ed.  So I sat out and waited.  When they returned four minutes later I didn't get a thank you.  That annoyed me.  What was more annoying was the fact when I got disco'ed later in the same game for about 2 minutes, this fellow had been hammering the bet button.  What makes me stupid is I'd probably do the same sit out again in the same spot.

Here's an etiquette question for you and all.  Taken from the recent SPT at Stratford, a player I will not name was on my left.  After check/raising a local, said local tanked for a few minutes and asked the player if he'd show his hand if he folded.  Player agreed, local folded and said player mucked face down.  The locals at the table were up in arms, the internet players didn't say a word.

Do you think it was ok what said player did?
    Would you or have you done the same yourself?
    How would you feel if the local player had dipped into the muck and exposed your cards?
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : They've changed the release date to Autum/Winter later this year to coincide with the next gen console release I believe.
    Posted by Curt360x27
    Cheers Curt, just checked Gamespot and it's slated for September.  This makes me sad.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Warning ;  Brag post I'm in division 1 and the amount of abusive messages i get is unreal, at least 7 in every 10 people.  It's a nightmare typing messages on the ps3 aswell,  really not worth the effort . Also in division 1,  there will be people who if they go 1-0 up,  just try and keep the ball by passing it between the defense and keeper for a full half.  Absolutely ridiculous  , life tilt !!! Just spent a good 20 minutes catching up on the diary,  congrats on team TSP.  Also hows the cat  ?  One of my cats goes missing for days at a time, but he comes back well groomed and well fed , hmmm.  My guess is he has several very nice homes, but as long as hes happy ! GL with the rest of UKOPS. Pm me if you want a life lesson at fifa ;)    Then maybe you can gimme a lesson at MTT binkage !
    Posted by 1267
    Cheers 1267.

The first part of your post just makes me shake my head.  I just don't get what someone gets out of acting like a plonker towards others.

The cat is in a sulk.  We've got the GF's niece and nephew down for a few days, and as such he's not being allowed in at night.  Twice tonight so far I've had him sat outside the backdoor wondering why he's not coming into the warm.  He gives me those big eyes and I feel racked with guilt.  Then I remember, you're not my cat.
  • edited April 2013
    This UKOPS for me can be summed up in one phrase.  Missed opportunities.

A couple of min cashes in the mains, two finishes on or adjacent to the bubble in the sides and finished 3 from the cash in the Main event.  I built so many big stacks but a combination of bad running and bad choices by myself blew them away.  So many chances at a score going begging.

I'm not going to expand upon all of that any further because I'll just sound like a moaner, but it wasn't my best series.  On the plus side, builds character and replenishes the hunger to get it right next time.
  • edited April 2013
    Non poker question for people.

No doubt everyone was horrified by the Colorado cinema shootings last year.  The trial has begun in earnest across the pond.  Now Colorado is one of the states of America which has the death penalty.  The defence have had a plea of guilty in exchange for a life sentence only rejected by the prosecutors.

Now here's the question, put yourself in the lead prosecutor's shoes.  Regardless whether you agree or disagree with the death penalty (I'll flag up my take, I'm 100% against it in all cases) do you think the prosecutor has an obligation to go for the maximum penalty available on behalf of their client, in this case the State of Colorado.  While I am 100% against the death penalty, I can't help but agree with the prosecutor's decision when you take away personal opinions regarding what the maximum penalty should be.  If you take away the egotistical view that your own opinion is better than that of the legislators or in fact the majority of the state/country you live in, don't they have a moral obligation to seek the maximum penalty even if they personally think that penalty is abhorrent?

I never said I was always going to keep this diary light.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Well I for one care about etiquette.  Live poker used to have a 'no moody's' unwritten rule.  A moody in this context can range between being deceptive to downright angle shooting and rubdowns.  Now some places and players took this to huge extremes, for instance having a long dwell and then check raising was considered by some to be a moody.  However the general level of no angle shooting, playing within the spirit of the game and not slowrolling is something I still whole heartedly endorse and follow. You mention HU, I was playing a HU tournie once, the oppo was disco'ed.  So I sat out and waited.  When they returned four minutes later I didn't get a thank you.  That annoyed me.  What was more annoying was the fact when I got disco'ed later in the same game for about 2 minutes, this fellow had been hammering the bet button.  What makes me stupid is I'd probably do the same sit out again in the same spot. Here's an etiquette question for you and all.  Taken from the recent SPT at Stratford, a player I will not name was on my left.  After check/raising a local, said local tanked for a few minutes and asked the player if he'd show his hand if he folded.  Player agreed, local folded and said player mucked face down.  The locals at the table were up in arms, the internet players didn't say a word. Do you think it was ok what said player did? Would you or have you done the same yourself? How would you feel if the local player had dipped into the muck and exposed your cards?
    Posted by TommyD
    That is pretty bad saying he would show then mucking his cards!

I'm surprised noone pulled him up over it, there is no need for that type of thing at poker.

The reason i enjoy poker so much, is that for the most part while it is competetive there is also a great deal of banter and fun to be had, especially live. In all the time i've played poker I can't say i've came across that many people that would act in that way. In my opinion they are a small minority.

-----------------------------------

Well done on getting on to team Skypoker!

You have had some great results in cash and MTT's.

I was just wondering at what type of level did you start playing at? Was it the lower levels and you just worked your way up? Or did you start with a reasonable amount and just build it up from there?

I just play low stakes but i'm going to try and see if over the next while i can build this up and maybe move up the levels.

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Well I for one care about etiquette.  Live poker used to have a 'no moody's' unwritten rule.  A moody in this context can range between being deceptive to downright angle shooting and rubdowns.  Now some places and players took this to huge extremes, for instance having a long dwell and then check raising was considered by some to be a moody.  However the general level of no angle shooting, playing within the spirit of the game and not slowrolling is something I still whole heartedly endorse and follow. You mention HU, I was playing a HU tournie once, the oppo was disco'ed.  So I sat out and waited.  When they returned four minutes later I didn't get a thank you.  That annoyed me.  What was more annoying was the fact when I got disco'ed later in the same game for about 2 minutes, this fellow had been hammering the bet button.  What makes me stupid is I'd probably do the same sit out again in the same spot. Here's an etiquette question for you and all.  Taken from the recent SPT at Stratford, a player I will not name was on my left.  After check/raising a local, said local tanked for a few minutes and asked the player if he'd show his hand if he folded.  Player agreed, local folded and said player mucked face down.  The locals at the table were up in arms, the internet players didn't say a word. Do you think it was ok what said player did? Would you or have you done the same yourself? How would you feel if the local player had dipped into the muck and exposed your cards?
    Posted by TommyD

I don't think there is much wrong with this tbh. He may have just given a quick answer to the local without wanting to say much and potentially give information away. It would make sense if he was bluffing. Or he may have just genuinely forgot to show after the local had folded. 
    It really shouldn't be an issue imo if the player shows or mucks whatever he said to the local. It's 100% up to the player when the hand has been won before showdown.

• edited April 2013
    On the etiquette topic... that's a funny one (not haha funny), it's personally not something I would ever do, if I didn't want to show my cards I would say so but as it's perfectly within the rules I wouldn't kick up a stink if it happened to me. Tbh if someone ever says to me in a hand they will show if I fold, there is always a small part of me that thinks they might not, but either way I wouldn't let it affect my decision.

FWIW, I agree with you Tommy that the prosecution should be doing their best to get the maximum plenty available if X person/people are guilty, as that's their job, as a function of justice and also for the victims (or families of).

That said, I'm also very strongly opposed to any form of capital punishment. It was summed up very well by someone else and I dont believe you can have a society that shows that sort of violence against an individual, whatever they've done, and then expect people to accept the code and morality of treating people equally and not showing violence towards them.
  • edited April 2013
    Non poker question for people. No doubt everyone was horrified by the Colorado cinema shootings last year.  The trial has begun in earnest across the pond.  Now Colorado is one of the states of America which has the death penalty.  The defence have had a plea of guilty in exchange for a life sentence only rejected by the prosecutors. Now here's the question, put yourself in the lead prosecutor's shoes.  Regardless whether you agree or disagree with the death penalty (I'll flag up my take, I'm 100% against it in all cases) do you think the prosecutor has an obligation to go for the maximum penalty available on behalf of their client, in this case the State of Colorado.  While I am 100% against the death penalty, I can't help but agree with the prosecutor's decision when you take away personal opinions regarding what the maximum penalty should be.  If you take away the egotistical view that your own opinion is better than that of the legislators or in fact the majority of the state/country you live in, don't they have a moral obligation to seek the maximum penalty even if they personally think that penalty is abhorrent? I never said I was always going to keep this diary light.
    Posted by TommyD

Hi Tommy - I've always had a struggle with the death penalty, part of me says "a life for a life", the other part says "dont give them the easy way out" and there is also a need to consider what if the defendant is incorrectly judged guilty by a corrupt system as we have seen in the past.

But having said all that I would agree that its the prosecutor's role to always go with the maiximum penalty that is set by the state. It's not his decision to make a deal and I would assume he has been instructed to follow this route. If you accept a position like this then you accept situations like this may present itself no matter what your morals or personal opinions may be and of course the fall out if its ever discovered that the verdict was wrong!

Tough spot......

• edited April 2013
    The kid that said he would show and didn't was quite obviously very in-experienced. I don't think it was the worst angle shoot i've ever seen + the local hardly had a leg to stand on since he spent hours trying to get an edge any way he could (loud speech play and as we know now a bit of lying about hands ;).

Put it this way, I've seen worse and I probably would have done the same to that villain to wind him up a bit..
  • edited April 2013
    I agree with the vast majority of things that you write and think that i also play the game in the right spirit. However, really not sure why the 'no show' bothered you.
    During the hand, the guy asking if he will show is seeking information. The answer given is the one that the 'villian' feels is the right one in order to get what he wants in this situation. Don't we all do this kind of thing? We lie, whether it is vocally or by our actions in orderto win pots.

Obviously you were there and i wasn't and i may have read this wrongly but don't see any problem with it
  • edited April 2013
    Opps better make something clear, I can clearly see why there's been a misunderstanding.

The no show didn't bother me.  It did make me a little uncomfortable, mainly because I could tell the kid was inexperienced playing live and I was trying to help him through a couple of bits and bobs (string betting, announcing bets etc) and was giving him some encouragement as we all started playing live once and the last thing you need is everyone acting like a jerk towards you.  And there were a few at the table who were acting in that way.  Then the kid pulls this one out of the hat.

I just remember at the time going 'wowzer,' mainly because I knew the reaction it was going to get and thought I wouldn't have the stones to try that when I first started playing live.

I was just posing the question wondering what the consensus opinion was.
  • edited April 2013
    Non poker question for people. No doubt everyone was horrified by the Colorado cinema shootings last year.  The trial has begun in earnest across the pond.  Now Colorado is one of the states of America which has the death penalty.  The defence have had a plea of guilty in exchange for a life sentence only rejected by the prosecutors. Now here's the question, put yourself in the lead prosecutor's shoes.  Regardless whether you agree or disagree with the death penalty (I'll flag up my take, I'm 100% against it in all cases) do you think the prosecutor has an obligation to go for the maximum penalty available on behalf of their client, in this case the State of Colorado.  While I am 100% against the death penalty, I can't help but agree with the prosecutor's decision when you take away personal opinions regarding what the maximum penalty should be.  If you take away the egotistical view that your own opinion is better than that of the legislators or in fact the majority of the state/country you live in, don't they have a moral obligation to seek the maximum penalty even if they personally think that penalty is abhorrent? I never said I was always going to keep this diary light.
    Posted by TommyD

My views on the death penalty are extremely strong, and therefore i wont bring them up on your thread tommy. 

However i think in all cases, the lawyers for the prosecution - in your example the state of colorando - have to come with a set comprimise. In most cases, including the example you give, i think pushing for the maximum sentence. If im honest if i was to say, "ill plead guilty if you accept this" i would feel im already on the back foot in any case for my defence anyways. Therefore by offering a guilty plea, the prosection already has the deck in its favour. Therefore dependant on the nature of the crime i think the maximum sentence should be pursed. Expessially when its in a case of murder. 

• edited April 2013
    Tommy, you raise an interesting moral dilemma.

Are you saying that if you are the defence team that you would try to push for the minimum possible sentence regardless of your views and if you are the prosecution you would try to push for the maximum possible sentence regardless of your views?

If so... are lawyers just robots without feelings who are programmed into a set way of thinking to achieve the "best" outcome for their client? This is an extremely emotive case and there are many emotive cases all over the world. Brevik in Norway springs to mind (where there is no death penalty and no life term (21 years is the max!)

I think this is where our humanity is tested. Lawyers must all have deep emotions and personal views and I guess the best lawyers are able to separate these from their job, whilst being under intense pressure and scrutiny from all sides. We often wonder why they are paid redic sums of money... well I kinda understand it, when it is put like this. 

So my view is that the lawyer has the duty to their client first and foremost and therefore if they feel emotionally incapable of taking on such a traumatic and emotive case, they should decline it. In this case therefore, lawyer TommyD would have to do all he could to get the death penalty for the mass murderer despite being strongly against this personally.  

Could he handle it? :) 

• edited April 2013
    Will address everything above plus a ton of stuff which seems to have happened while I've been away.  One day offline, Skypoker make a major change and more importantly it looks like North Korea are about to start WWIII.  I pick my moments to turn off the PC.

So why have I been incommunicado for a day.

Well in Grant the cat news......

Bad news.

This is Shirley.  She lives here now.
  • edited April 2013
    Will address everything above plus a ton of stuff which seems to have happened while I've been away.  One day offline, Skypoker make a major change and more importantly it looks like North Korea are about to start WWIII.  I pick my moments to turn off the PC. So why have I been incommunicado for a day. Well in Grant the cat news...... Bad news. This is Shirley.  She lives here now.
    Posted by TommyD
    Quality name!