You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ask Tikay?

Comments

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay?:
    Thanks Tikay for the advice on my recent MTT bad beat, out draws. Took a week off, played small Cash, DYM & Sit&Go's, made a profit. Luck is in this weekend, just qualified for Thursday 12K Bounty Hunter through a satellite and then the Semi. Have a good weekend.
    Posted by Red_King
    Nice one, delighted to hear it. There was nothing wrong with your play, or game, just Lady Variance having a bit of a strop.

Variance is moody, unpredictable, & does what it wants, when it wants. I'm convinced Variance is female.*

*Terms & Conditions Apply.
  • edited December 2009
    Hi tikay It is Sunday, so are you going to play in a live one today?, if you are good luck :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    Probably Barry, yes.

I really enjoy Live Poker, & Sunday is my only Option at the moment.

And next Sunday I'll not be going out to play Live, as it's the "Presenters & Analysts Bounty Hunter" on Sky Poker, so I've decided to stay in & play that.

I need a bit of time offline today, too. Tomorrow is going to be manic, as the new Website & Lobby should be released (the Lobby is stunningly good), as well as Omaha. It's in the nature of these things that there are often little glitches, & poker players being what they are, there'll be the usual moans & groans whatever happens, sigh.

Yesterday was "interesting", too. We had TWO Live Shows, minutes apart, TWO sets of rehearsals, & TWO Pre-Records to do, including the TKO Forfeit. And it falls to me to do the Master Cash Show Thread & "Make Your Play" Threads, as well as some TP threads & Posts.

I would not have it any other way, but there really ought to be more hours in the day.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Probably Barry, yes. I really enjoy Live Poker, & Sunday is my only Option at the moment. And next Sunday I'll not be going out to play Live, as it's the "Presenters & Analysts Bounty Hunter" on Sky Poker, so I've decided to stay in & play that. I need a bit of time offline today, too. Tomorrow is going to be manic, as the new Website & Lobby should be released (the Lobby is stunningly good), as well as Omaha. It's in the nature of these things that there are often little glitches, & poker players being what they are, there'll be the usual moans & groans whatever happens, sigh. Yesterday was "interesting", too. We had TWO Live Shows, minutes apart, TWO sets of rehearsals, & TWO Pre-Records to do, including the TKO Forfeit. And it falls to me to do the Master Cash Show Thread & "Make Your Play" Threads, as well as some TP threads & Posts. I would not have it any other way, but there really ought to be more hours in the day.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay

Both shows were absolutley brill tbh except for the way Ostrich dressed sigh, I think the term for you is a workaholic, but also know you would be seriously unhappy if you were not doing something, maybe sky santa can give you an extra hour or 2 per day as an xmas box ;), really looking forward to the new site tomoz and the moaning of course, good luck tonight, get it took down m8 see you soon and take care
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Nice one, delighted to hear it. There was nothing wrong with your play, or game, just Lady Variance having a bit of a strop. Variance is moody, unpredictable, & does what it wants, when it wants. I'm convinced Variance is female.* *Terms & Conditions Apply.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Im convinced its a Tikayer!!!

PS - PNL :)
  • edited December 2009
      Hi There Tikay   I told you not to feel sorry for the Orfords and let them back in. Tut tut now you will have to crush them to get some respect back.!  I would like to help you do that,  but how do I join your team. ?  Or would you be better off without me. ???????? your choice or no brainer.!!!! annie x  Free Tuesday and if its Russian Ru I'm straight from freeplay bingo.
  • edited December 2009
      Hi There Tikay   I told you not to feel sorry for the Orfords and let them back in. Tut tut now you will have to crush them to get some respect back.!  I would like to help you do that,  but how do I join your team. ?  Or would you be better off without me. ???????? your choice or no brainer.!!!! annie x  Free Tuesday and if its Russian Ru I'm straight from freeplay bingo.
    Posted by logdon
    Hi

Unfortunately it is too late to join, however, there may be another one after xmas and the wining captain goes through, so I beleive
  • edited December 2009
     Thank you acebarry Tikay did mention this and hopefully I will Have my own Lap top or hubby goes hungry over Christmas.  However the winning team captain will have difficulty changing a winning team. Merry Christmas annie x  
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Tikay

I've just been browsing on the community and have noticed people talikng about 'The Shed' free-roll being removed, and replaced with some satellite tournaments into the Primo, which you could buy in to using Poker Points.

Can you tell me where to find these satellites, as I have not seen any.

Thanks, and Happy Christmas to you and all at Sky!
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Tikay I've just been browsing on the community and have noticed people talikng about 'The Shed' free-roll being removed, and replaced with some satellite tournaments into the Primo, which you could buy in to using Poker Points. Can you tell me where to find these satellites, as I have not seen any. Thanks, and Happy Christmas to you and all at Sky!
    Posted by swagman739
    Thanks swagger, & I hope you have a good Crimble, too.

I'm afraid I'll have to phone a friend on your question, as I don't know the answer.

I've had a look in the Super-Duper new look Lobby, & I cannot see the "Poker Point" Satellite to which you refer. But due to the overnight changes, the Lobbies are not yet fully populated, so perhaps it will appear later.

Sorry I cannot be of much help on this occasion - perhaps someone else can Post a better reply?
  • edited December 2009
     Thank you acebarry Tikay did mention this and hopefully I will Have my own Lap top or hubby goes hungry over Christmas.  However the winning team captain will have difficulty changing a winning team. Merry Christmas annie x  
    Posted by logdon
    Hi Logdon,

I have no intention of changing my Team - though when the next version of TKO begins, all Players will have to Vote again.

I have told them that I expect them to Vote to be in my Team again, or else....they'll be in a losing Team.

I fully expect Team tikay to win every series of TKO.
  • edited December 2009
    I think we need a 'Team Suit'...

;)
  • edited December 2009
    I think we need a 'Team Suit'... ;)
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Hi Des

Oooooooo Team suit think there good enough to take on team tikay do they?, what do we think tikay? shall we let them have a try? ;)

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Hi Des Oooooooo Team suit think there good enough to take on team tikay do they?, what do we think tikay? shall we let them have a try? ;)  
    Posted by acebarry10
    Maybe not good enough, but we're certainly ugly enough!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Maybe not good enough, but we're certainly ugly enough!
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Loooooooool great response, love it
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Tikay,

I have done a thread under General called Shove point.
    It's on what point do you start shoving with playable hands in playable positions.
    Less than 15bbs or less than 10bbs?I'd be interested on your thoughts?Thanks
    Ed
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Tikay, I have done a thread under General called Shove point. It's on what point do you start shoving with playable hands in playable positions. Less than 15bbs or less than 10bbs? I'd be interested on your thoughts? Thanks Ed
    Posted by THESWISS
    Hi Ed,

I'm a bit pulled out right now, with all the new stuff going on today, & some non-Sky Poker issues elsewhere, but yes, I'll get on Thread later today & give my view.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Hi Ed, I'm a bit pulled out right now, with all the new stuff going on today, & some non-Sky Poker issues elsewhere, but yes, I'll get on Thread later today & give my view.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks Tikay
  • edited December 2009
    In Omaha, can you only use 3 of the community card's.
  • edited December 2009
    why i not invited in these tko teams and how u go about it please
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by power501
    Hi

An email was sent to all sky poker players around 6-7 weeks ago asking players to vote which team you wanted to join, when voting had finished the voting was closed and the poker games began, I understand that there will be a new set of games after Xmas, so watch your emails.
  • edited December 2009
    hi tikay ,i play alot of tourneys and get to a lot of final tables but always end up going out 5th or 6th !!!!!!!!! i must admit i do play very tight but my hands dry up and always end up playing eratically to stay in the game and end up either being caught bluffing or blinded out !!!!!!! any tips tikay to improve my game , many thanks stevie 64
  • edited December 2009
    In Omaha, can you only use 3 of the community card's.
    Posted by chirker
    Hi Chirker Man from Chirk in Wales.

Yes.

You MUST USE THREE Community Cards. No more, no less. Three.

You MUST USE TWO Cards from your Hand. No more, no less.

Really, when moving across to Omaha, it's the hardest thing to grasp at first, & it's very easy to misread your hand.
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by power501
    Hi Power,

AceBarry - she's my Secretary - has answered the question as well as I could.

Make sure you get in the next one, hopefully in January!

You will be invited to Vote for my Team, or another Team.

If you want to win, Vote to join Team tikay.
  • edited December 2009
    hi tikay ,i play alot of tourneys and get to a lot of final tables but always end up going out 5th or 6th !!!!!!!!! i must admit i do play very tight but my hands dry up and always end up playing eratically to stay in the game and end up either being caught bluffing or blinded out !!!!!!! any tips tikay to improve my game , many thanks stevie 64
    Posted by STEVIE64
    Hi Stevie,

Very simple.

You seem to have the Tourneys sewn up until you reach the Final, then it all goes diddley-doo.

In Finals, you MUST be very aggro - unlike early in Tourneys, where you can ply A-B-C poker, in Finals, you HAVE to steal Pots.

Look for....

LATE Position unopened Pots.

Players who don't defend their Blinds. (Attack them).

Players who have far less chips than you - attack them again & again - they can't easily defend, as it's their Tourney life. You are BETTING, they are CALLING. Not easy.

NEVER Limp in a Final. (Unlike me in Luton last night, sigh).

Good Luck.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Hi Stevie, Very simple. You seem to have the Tourneys sewn up until you reach the Final, then it all goes diddley-doo. In Finals, you MUST be very aggro - unlike early in Tourneys, where you can ply A-B-C poker, in Finals, you HAVE to steal Pots. Look for.... LATE Position unopened Pots. Players who don't defend their Blinds. (Attack them). Players who have far less chips than you - attack them again & again - they can't easily defend, as it's their Tourney life. You are BETTING, they are CALLING. Not easy. NEVER Limp in a Final. (Unlike me in Luton last night, sigh). Good Luck.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ahhh theres the opening I was looking for, thank you tikay, how did u get on please?
  • edited December 2009

Hey, Total Player mentors! L@@k at me, I'm free and I want to go to Vegas! To win!

I've only started to play 3 or 4 weeks back but I've played a lot of low-level (pub!) dice poker in my life, so that helps at least.

Ignore my bankroll: I haven't got one right now; SkyPoker kindly "sponsors" me with their beginner promotions, this way the £5 initial deposit I made has lasted for weeks and I'm learning fast and starting to develop some moves too! Current style TAG to TC (Totally Confused!) Bankroll to follow, all being well... I'll be playing tonight, 2p/4p or 4p/8p depending on what the tables look like...

And here are a couple of basic questions.

1. Counting outs:

Say I raise aggressively in late position with Ah 5h, most fold the raise, there are no re-raises and the pot is now about 10 x BB.

Flop comes as: Kh As 7h

I count the outs as: 2 Aces, 3 Fives, 9 hearts or 14 outs total. Right? With two cards to come, that approx. 4 x 14 = 56 %, better than 1:1 odds to improve the hand. I should bet at least pot size, right?

1. Continuation bets:

Are these to be made only out of position or am I reading that wrongly?

Example: same hole cards as above. Following TiKay's adage 'Fold or Raise' I raise 3 x or 4 x BB in earliest position (so, completely out of position).

Now the flop comes down and there's nothing there. Realistic chances of improving the hand are now (assuming no Ace has flopped and not considering the 5 as alive) 2 Aces as outs, so 8 % with two cards to come. My feeling is that to bet here means to bluff all the way unless the board really appears useless to anyone. What to do? CB and bluff some more? Fold and lose the stake?

Apologies if this post doubles, I don't think I was logged in the first time...
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Make sure you get in the next one, hopefully in January! You will be invited to Vote for my Team, or another Team.
    Posted by Tikay10
    That's very kind of Sir Richard to be offering you a rematch!
  • edited December 2009
    dear tikay im on a bit of a bad run at the mo. wats your advise of getting out of this nightmare ty xx
  • edited December 2009
    hi there tikay,just a quick question,but iv just finished 2nd in the 5.5k bounty hunter and was wondering when the tournament will b shown on the sky poker chanel as it wasnt shown tonight as i was in play.just want to see what you lot thought about my play and what i did right and what i did wrong.
    cheers tikay
    ninipoo71
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Ahhh theres the opening I was looking for, thank you tikay, how did u get on please?
    Posted by acebarry10
    Oh oh - I know I know!! Well what I can remember - I'm sure Tikay will correct/lie later about it!

Final table at Luton - 7 paid, saver done for 8th and 9th.

SB Vs BB. Tikay SB. Relatively short stacked, 2 very big chip stacks elsewhere who had been mercilessly bullying the table with raise after raise after raise. Tikay limps with Aces - and I can tell you now his hand was shaking a bit - tell tale sign of monster hand or getting old - so he got away with it, everyone assumed it was his age...

Rest is a blur but it all went in on the river and he had let his oppo get there. Have to say unlucky as I think Tikay played it assuming his oppo would be raising relentlessly again as he had done so much previously - but he didn't and played the hand meek and mild and ended up knocking Mr Kendall out.  ;-(