You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ask Tikay?

Comments

• edited December 2009
        Hi Nosybonk   Got the screens up and Observe Table button but just get bling bling noise when I click it, it's the sound I get when table is ready to open play and usually get message saying pop up blocking start which I then get screen option to click start. I had this on old site which didn't cause this problem. Why would there be a pop up block and do I need it or need to get rid of it.  if so how.   U now Technical  I'm sure this is why I'm no good at poker cant even work the d am thing.  I need the new generation super computer that thinks this person is a Idiot I'll have to do it for her. Don't answer that.  Mmmm Annie x
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Annie,
    I don't know what web browser you are using but, usually, when you get a message saying that pop-ups are blocked, it asks you if you want to accept this pop-up or all pop-ups for this site.
    I'd just configure your pop-up blocker to allow all pop-ups for this site. I think that you can feel fairly safe that SkyPoker won't bombard you with spam pop-ups.
    If this doesn't help, you'll need to talk to the online support for this site.

Cheers,
    Vince

• edited December 2009
    logdon ...lol  it was "Vince" Mere Novice that was helping you ..NOT  Nosybonk ....jeezz  women ...
    and  dont ask me i dont know either  :))
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay?:
    logdon ...lol  it was "Vince" Mere Novice that was helping you ..NOT  Nosybonk ....jeezz  women ... and  dont ask me i dont know either  :))
    Posted by bennydip2
    I wasn't going to mention that - I'm sure that NoseyBonk should take more offence than me. :-)

One more post for your thousand mate, well done.
  • edited December 2009
      OK OK  that Time of the Month Basssss  t Love  Annie x  LOGHEAD ???   
  • edited December 2009

Big thanks to Ding, Barry & Mere for helping out with the replies.

I'll go through the thread in the morning & see if anything else needs sweeping up, bear with me please.
  • edited December 2009

TY YOU DINGDELL
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Tikay

Is there any other site that you can check your Poker stats on apart from sharkscope.com
    Whenever I open sharkscope.com all I get is an empty grey screen. I have tried via IE, Firefox and my own AOL connection and they all get the same blank grey screen.
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Tikay Is there any other site that you can check your Poker stats on apart from sharkscope.com Whenever I open sharkscope.com all I get is an empty grey screen. I have tried via IE, Firefox and my own AOL connection and they all get the same blank grey screen.
    Posted by apollo_11
    Hi Apollo, the same thing has happened to me with Sharkscope in the past.  I think they get swamped at times and it sometimes takes over a minute for their page to fully load.
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks Kiwini4u.
    I will give it yet another go and leave the page loading although it does say at the bottom of the page done.
  • edited December 2009
    please tell me why you get so many ungenuine hands on this site,you just dont see them in live poker,its just not random enough.
  • edited December 2009
    please tell me why you get so many ungenuine hands on this site,you just dont see them in live poker,its just not random enough.
    Posted by redjeb02
    Hi Redjeb02, you might want to post this question in area 51 which has a lot of questions like this.

I've spent most of the day reading updates on another site about a game at DTD that has been happening over the weekend. The outdraws and bad beats have been unbelievable and all live.

I play mostly live poker, a little bit on line here and at other sites and I don't find it any different anywhere. Poker is a game of outdraws on both sides.

We never remember the times we won when we shouldn't, we always remember the times we didn't when we should have.

I'm sure Tikay will be by at some point - he's playing on line at the moment so he can't - to comment but as Sky is a regulated site the cards have to be random.
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by redjeb02
    The hands that you get on SkyPoker are completely random.
    You may feel that you see a lot of remarkable hands but that is because you will play far more hands in an online environment than you ever will in a live environment.
    See bad live beat for an example of a couple of remarkable live hands that were played this weekend.
  • edited December 2009
    Hellllllo Mr Kendall

I was wondering if thier was any players out thier who shove queen FOUR ?

Anyway UKIPT - As you know is a pokerstars new tour has launched and i wondered if sky would be attending / covering this eveent in anyway ?

I'm thinking no as its a stars tour but could be a couple of sky people thier to say hi to :)

• edited December 2009
    Hellllllo Mr Kendall I was wondering if thier was any players out thier who shove queen FOUR ? Anyway UKIPT - As you know is a pokerstars new tour has launched and i wondered if sky would be attending / covering this eveent in anyway ? I'm thinking no as its a stars tour but could be a couple of sky people thier to say hi to :)
    Posted by Nutter5932
    He is getting on a bit, you know.
    He mis-read his hand - thought that it was KQ, obv.
  • edited December 2009
       Apologies  Vince MereNovice mixing you up with Nosybonk had been looking at the Orford List and had that on my mind because he was called Nosydonk as joke and you know  I like a joke  trouble is it was now on me. Oh well as Benny would say  "who can you turn to."  Well it was Hubby that sorted the pop ups problem but expect he will have another pop up later. Thanks  Annie x 
  • edited December 2009
    Hellllllo Mr Kendall I was wondering if thier was any players out thier who shove queen FOUR ? Anyway UKIPT - As you know is a pokerstars new tour has launched and i wondered if sky would be attending / covering this eveent in anyway ? I'm thinking no as its a stars tour but could be a couple of sky people thier to say hi to :)
    Posted by Nutter5932
    Queen rag is always a winner. I shoved with Q 3 last week at Luton in desperation and caught 2 queens. it's a skill game....
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by redjeb02
    Hi my friend i appreciate what you are thinking but as a dealer and a player trust me i can probably trump anything you have seen on here or any other online site for that matter having either dealt it or witnessed it the main reason you see so many online BAD beats is purely mathematical more hands per hour equates to more bad beats in essence you are seeing far more hands than you ever will per hour live hope this helps. Just one quick example i dealt this so i know its true guy raises with A K suited one caller flop ten jack queen diamonds guy who raise was holding A K diamonds caller of raise had q q turn card Q so thats as sick as i have ever dealt but they are all out there somewhere
  • edited December 2009
    I see on the site that there are now Omaha games.

What are the basics of the game - and what are the best strategies?
  • edited December 2009
    hi tikay
    just wondered did u ever get a answer for me from dp on reading my email out on air if i won a seat into the santas sack or did i not get lucky also wondered did u give away your 3 seats in last nights 22 deepie ????
    thanks for the advice as well i tighten right up and won last night so many thanks having a good run of late thats your sleep stack i won couple of weeks ago the bounty hunter last night i won and the 22 deepie i won all with your advice so thanks

sim75
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: What is Omaha:
    I see on the site that there are now Omaha games. What are the basics of the game - and what are the best strategies?
    Posted by tarraiai
    See Omaha Hints And Tips for advice
  • edited December 2009
    I see on the site that there are now Omaha games. What are the basics of the game - and what are the best strategies?
    Posted by tarraiai
    Hi tarraiai - all you need to know is here - written by Tikay and them corrected by us as the thread goes on....seriously - great introduction to Omaha - enjoy!

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3aa5c76ef1-0394-4a4b-86f1-6727bbef5c54&plckCurrentPage=0
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: What is Omaha : See Omaha Hints And Tips for advice
    Posted by MereNovice
    beat me to it! ;-)
  • edited December 2009
    I like to play Omaha, but I get the feeling that a lot of players are starting to give it a go on sky without prior knowledge of the game just because its new to Sky, so basically people are playing a bit strangely and this can be very dangerous not just for the rookie but also for those that have been playing for years!!!
    basically I have people making stupid calls and getting lucky a bit more than usuall!!
    So would u avoid a rookie player in Omaha or would u prefer to play them, hoping to outsmart them????
    I think its best to play against solid all round players in Omaha than those looking at all the cards in their hands and just waiting to see if they get lucky!!!!!!!!!!! 
    In Texas holdem i like it the otherway around, give me a rookie anyday!!!
  • edited December 2009

Good Post by tuk tuk, & I know exactly what you mean.

I'm sort of playing "backwards", letting them bet all the way, & only popping it up when I know I'm good. I tried ONE bluff all week, bet every street, & got Called by One Pair!

Position is key, too, when you are not sure how your Oppo will react. Being behind someone who you are not quite sure of never fails to be a massive advantage.

It's worked stunningly well for me. So far.......;)
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Tikay,
    Please explain why I lost this Omaha hand (Just started to play the game)

My cards - 2d / 9c / kd / 2c
    Opponents cards - 10s / 6c / 5c / kh

Flop - Qc / Ad / 10c / Kh

Turn - Jd

River - 6h

Opponent won with straight to the ace

Hand no - 216443653

Excuse my ignorance of the game

Regards
    Stuart (NECMITCH)
  • edited December 2009

Hi Tikay, Please explain why I lost this Omaha hand (Just started to play the game) My cards - 2d / 9c / kd / 2c Opponents cards - 10s / 6c / 5c / kh Flop - Qc / Ad / 10c / Kh Turn - Jd River - 6h Opponent won with straight to the ace Hand no - 216443653 Excuse my ignorance of the game Regards Stuart (NECMITCH)
    Posted by necmitch

What don't you understand? Have you remembered that you must use two cards in your hand? You can not play four on the board and one in your hand, Omaha doesn't work like that I'm afraid. Therefore you have a straight to the king while villain has a straight to the ace, Your nine has to play

Hope you don't mind me answering this necmitch

Salazar
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : What don't you understand? Have you remembered that you must use two cards in your hand? You can not play four on the board and one in your hand, omaha, doesn't work like that I'm afraid. Therefore you have a straight to the king while villain has a straight to the ace, Your nine has to play Hope you don't mind me answering this necmitch Salazar
    Posted by salazar

Thanks Salazar, it must have been luck last night winning the £200 Omaha !!!! - now I know for sure - cheers

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Thanks Salazar, it must have been luck last night winning the £200 Omaha !!!! - now I know for sure - cheers
    Posted by necmitch
    No Problem. I think it's a mistake most people make when they first move from hold-em to omaha.

Salazar
  • edited December 2009

To add to my earlier post and the two post that follwed
    SEE WHAT I MEAN!! :(
    LOL