You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ask Tikay?

Comments

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay?:
    hi tk how do you gain entry to the private freerolls that go on around the site?
    Posted by BIGLUKYTOM
    Hi Tom,

By definition, you cannot enter a "Private Freeroll", players in those have pre-qualified, ir it's restricted to certain players who may have won seats, etc.

But there are plenty of open Freerolls on Sky Poker.

I'm not very "up" on info about Freerolls, but "The Shed" Board usually contains Freeroll Info.

Also, in about a week or two, a new version of TKO will begin - that was a series of Freerolls with a Value of nearly £4,000 last time. EVERYONE is free to play in that.

If you frequent the Forum, the Freeroll info is prominently promoted.
  • edited December 2009

hi tikay, is there  freeroll on tuesday for the winners of the tko?

• edited December 2009
    hi tikay, is there  freeroll on tuesday for the winners of the tko?
    Posted by bcool2

Yes, bcool2, there is, a £1,000 Freeroll for the WINNERS of TKO.

There is nothing for the losers, though.

If anyone is a at a loose end on Tuesday, Orford is looking for a game.
  • edited December 2009
    Hey Tikay, cash game question. What are the exact rules about how much a bet can be reraised by? Say I play 2p4p and raise to 8p then someone reraises to 12p. I always thought you had to double the previous bet but is it something specific to the blinds in the first round of betting that you can do this?

Also as I'm at it here is another one. Showdowns. Some sites let you see the showdown in the hand history and some don't. What are the reasons behind Skypokers descsions to allow them?

Cheers Merry Christmas and a happy new year
  • edited December 2009
    i just wanted to discuss my feeling towards your presenters saying you have a great community of players, who are up and coming, with lots of potential. i just wanted to highlight two key hands that completely make you guys look like fools and your site of player are a bag of donkeys. 1, i was playing in the 1000 pound velocity the other night and i had k4 in the small blind, blinds are 600/1200, guy in seat 4 calls as do i and the bb checks, the flop come k82, i bet the pot of 3600, he calls, q on turn i push for the rest of my stack, about 5500, he calls turns qj and spikes a j on the river. 2, just played in another bounty hunter game this morning and a donkey calls me down with A10, on every street when i had pocket 5s and my hand got counterfeited. All i ask is that your presenters dont say that you have a community of strong players when you clearly dont, all you have is a set of lucky donks who see all the tv hands you guys show on tekle and think oh il try my luck at that and maybe il be the 1 who wins.
    Posted by steve628

Nice First Post Steve,  Welcome 

• edited December 2009
    Hey Tikay, cash game question. What are the exact rules about how much a bet can be reraised by? Say I play 2p4p and raise to 8p then someone reraises to 12p. I always thought you had to double the previous bet but is it something specific to the blinds in the first round of betting that you can do this? Also as I'm at it here is another one. Showdowns. Some sites let you see the showdown in the hand history and some don't. What are the reasons behind Skypokers descsions to allow them? Cheers Merry Christmas and a happy new year
    Posted by Hobbes16
    1. The rules of poker are sadly not standardised in this area. I'm sure that Tikay will have something to say on this!
    Some card rooms say that a 2nd raise must be at least the size of the first raise; others that it must be at least the size of the bet, i.e. in your example some card rooms would say that 12p is sufficient for the 2nd raise and some would say that 16p is required. In my experience all online card rooms fall into the former camp. The only common example of the latter rule being enforced (that I know of) is in TV tournaments where "Mad" Marty Wilson is Tournament Director.

2. Only cards that are shown at the time of the showdown are revealed in the hand history. This is in line with other online sites. I can recall one site where all hands were revealed in the Hand History - this was soon changed!  All sites that are compatible with tools like Poker Tracker certainly include all revealed hands in the history. If they were revealed at the time what is the point of excluding them from the hand history?
  • edited December 2009

The question by hobbes was interesting, if only because so few players understand exactly how the mechanics of what constitutes a Raise works. MereNovice has explained it perfectly, but I'd enlarge a little.

Let's say the Blinds are 500-1000.

To CALL it is 1,000. If a Player now makes it 4,000, what is his Raise? It is 3,000, NOT 4,000.

And from that, the confusion arises, because the subsequent action has to either match that, or bring in a Raise not less than the previous Raise.

Unfortunately, most B & M Rooms get confused by this, & the Rule is not universally or consistently applied. I would assume all Online Rooms enforce it properly.
  • edited December 2009
    Ho Ho Ho tourney 1. 5 players on table, seat 5 vacant.I'm seat 6 big blind hand no.217865921.Player 2 gets knocked out. Next hand no.21766053,I'm small blind and seat 5 is filled between dealer and me. Seat 5 gets dealt cards and knocks me out. Any tourney I've played, if you get seated in this position you are dealt out of the hand till the dealer button passes you. I lost the hand A J vA K thats the way it goes, but should I have had the A K if , 1) my opponent was seated in pos.2 which was vacant or,2) they wre dealt out in the first place,which could have changed the hand completely. Iether way, I feel the result was unfair.    One other thing, its not the first time I've been moved to another table after paying the blinds, straight into the blinds again. I think my record is 6 in a row.                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
  • edited December 2009

Hi cullen,

I'll respond on Tuesday, as I'm going to be Offline for a day or so. I have sent the Question to the Suits though, & I expect a reply by then.
  • edited December 2009
  • edited December 2009

I'm gonna take a short break, & I'll be back Online properly on Tuesday. It's been a bit of a frustrating & disappointing morning, to be honest, but hey-ho. What a moany-woany society we have become! Good grief.

Now, I'm off (via the apparently badly jammed M25 & M1) to Luton, for their £100 Freezeout, time to play some Live Poker & fun poker with a bunch of good friends. And Chompy.

From there, I'm heading home, then play Leg Two of the DTD 20/20 tomorrow, a £100 Freezeout which will attract a huge field. After that, I'll be back Online again.

Hope you all enjoy the next few days as much as I will!
  • edited December 2009
    helo tikay,just need some advice about the size of my preflop raises,as i have had some very bad calls.here is one example...i had pp10 on TB i raised it 350,blinds where 25/50,and the guy calls, the flop comes 5-8-4.he has called with 76 off siute.thats just one of many crackpot calls,just wondering if i am playing my PP all wrong..would be very thankfull of some advice......... 
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks Tikay and Merenovice regards the cash question response. Much obliged :)
  • edited December 2009
    im looking to qualify for luton how much is it normally and at luton how many will be in it
  • edited December 2009
    Hi tikay, Could you tell me when the team Tikay freeroll is going to take place ? ......... thought i heard ya say over the weekend it was to be held today.

Cheers T1
  • edited December 2009
    Hi tikay, Could you tell me when the team Tikay freeroll is going to take place ? ......... thought i heard ya say over the weekend it was to be held today. Cheers T1
    Posted by t1poollfc
    Hi Mr Pool,

As far as I am aware, it's tonight (Tuesday). I don't see it in the Lobby at the moment, but unless I'm, mistaken, it'll be in the Lobby later today.

A reminder to others that this Freeroll is for the TKO WINNING TEAM ONLY.

I believe a new version of TKO will be following along right behind this one.
  • edited December 2009
    Tks very much Tikay ...... are all team tikay'ers already in the team for next TKO or would we need to register again?

Regards T1
  • edited December 2009
    Tks very much Tikay ...... are all team tikay'ers already in the team for next TKO or would we need to register again? Regards T1
    Posted by t1poollfc
    No - there will be a completely fresh start.

So everyone will be sent an e-Mail very soon & be able to Vote for the Team of their choice.

This is the fairest way, as it gives those who Voted for the losing Team last time the opportunity to address their sins & bad judgement & Vote to join Team tikay next time. ;)
  • edited December 2009

Tks .................... cmon the email ................... btw check out ya team in the fantasy league ......... surley ya NEED to change 1 of ya players (not started a game all season) ........ maybe a few other players short on points too .........

T1

• edited December 2009
    Just a thought (maybe already suggested) ...... could a 3rd Team be added ?

• edited December 2009
    Tks .................... cmon the email ................... btw check out ya team in the fantasy league ......... surley ya NEED to change 1 of ya players (not started a game all season) ........ maybe a few other players short on points too ......... T1
    Posted by t1poollfc
    I really don't have time to follow the Fantasy League, I was asked to enter a Team - Heaven knows why! - & so I did so, but I just don't have the time to follow it properly & all that stuff.

But thank you fopr the nudge, & I do hope your Anfield boys enjoy a revival in the second half of the Season. 
  • edited December 2009
    Just a thought (maybe already suggested) ...... could a 3rd Team be added ?
    Posted by t1poollfc
    I imagine it could, yes.

• edited December 2009
    Hi Tikay. Is Jason Barrassford still a Sky analyst?
  • edited December 2009

I will pick up the unanswered questions later today guys, I'm just back from a few days Offline & I'm inundated with stuff. Bear with me please.

On Sunday morning I cleared a Christmas backlog of Sky Poker PM's - 73 of them - & I replied to them all. I've come in this morning & there are another 46 waiting to be replied to!
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Tikay. Is Jason Barrassford still a Sky analyst?
    Posted by BANDICOOT
    Hi Cooty,

Yes, that remains the case as far as I am aware.
  • edited December 2009
  • edited December 2009
    hi there. when is the £1000 free role for the tko please?
  • edited December 2009
    hi there. when is the £1000 free role for the tko please?
    Posted by craftycarp
    read up a bit and you'll see
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Hi Mr Pool, As far as I am aware, it's tonight (Tuesday). I don't see it in the Lobby at the moment, but unless I'm, mistaken, it'll be in the Lobby later today. A reminder to others that this Freeroll is for the TKO WINNING TEAM ONLY. I believe a new version of TKO will be following along right behind this one.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Is that the winning team as far as tournaments are concerned or money won???? Because if it's money won I want to know why my name isn't on the lobby for the TKO freeroll tonight at 7pm!

Just an innocent simple contentious question from an Orford player. (And don't change my post to awful player - thank you!)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Is that the winning team as far as tournaments are concerned or money won???? Because if it's money won I want to know why my name isn't on the lobby for the TKO freeroll tonight at 7pm! Just an innocent simple contentious question from an Orford player. (And don't change my post to awful player - thank you!)
    Posted by Dingdell
    Hi Tracey,
    Hope you are well. I ask this because you mistake an innocent question for a backhanded whinge about losing.
    The orfordians only won by £20 overall when the Bounty Hunter leg had much more than the £500 cash available in the other legs.
    Love
     Col