You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ask Tikay?

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Hi Tikay!
               Which is the busiest railway station in the world? I dont think you can say that you have lived life to the full until youve ridden a train in India. And for a Saab Ji like you Tikay only the best seats will do. Yes m8 you gota go on the roof! Crapping yourself? Trust me, its a lot safer than driving the roads. Truck , bus, rickshaw drivers, all high on speed "pheem" driving straight at you, on your side, playing chicken. No bleeding speed cameras there, lol! However , you can calm down with a nice cuppa Cha, the best in the world. Or maybe the cheapest whisky in the world. I know you dont drink, but it lets you forget about the dreaded Delhi Belly, nothing new about that! So if your up 4it, let me know and il book your seat. ENJOY!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay?:
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Well done Rangers, but "a number" of the final Tableists were Team tikayers.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Just thought I'd help you out a little TIKAY as you're struggling with this one!
    The "number" was one!
    And of the top 15 I think there were only 3 or 4 Team Tikay!

Hope This Helps! ;)
  • edited December 2009
    thats good to no thanks guys
  • edited December 2009
                   How about some sort of charity tourny? It could be weekly or monthly. 500 players at £11 each = £5500 for example.Yep, 100% rakeback. The winner or winners could donate to a charity of their choice. Sky Poker could offer prizes rather than cash  like a signed T shirt , priceless! Brainstorming with big Ed , definately worth winning. Or dinner with Tikay for the ladies maybe boys too, certainly wouldnt be boring! Sky Poker get free PR. Players feel good. Charities get much deserved help. Ps is Richards bankroll a registered charity? lol! only joking Richard enjoy your banter. Just a thought id put it out for debate. ENJOY!
  • edited December 2009
    Can you tell me which browser i should be using please? With firefox can only play 4 tables in mini view. Also are there anyplans for a download version? Thankyou Tikay youre one of my poker gods. x
  • edited December 2009
    Can you tell me which browser i should be using please? With firefox can only play 4 tables in mini view. Also are there anyplans for a download version? Thankyou Tikay youre one of my poker gods. x
    Posted by APPLE
    Hi Apple,

I use two or three different PC's, (home, office, Lappie at Hotels) with different Browsers on each! I seem to do best on Firefox, though IE is fine most of the time, & google chrome seems (to me) to be excellent. But I rarely play more than 4 Tables at a time, due to the fact that I need to field questions all the time, & doing that on more than 4 Tables is not possible. Really, I'd need to ask the Techie Boys.

Download version? Yes, it's due in February!
  • edited December 2009
    Hello Tikay,

Just learning how to play Poker and recently joined Sky. It might be an obvious question so apologies in advance !! I notice there are sky poker league points given, but I cannot find any link to view these league tables ? are there any leagues as such ?
  • edited December 2009
    Hello Tikay, Just learning how to play Poker and recently joined Sky. It might be an obvious question so apologies in advance !! I notice there are sky poker league points given, but I cannot find any link to view these league tables ? are there any leagues as such ?
    Posted by JPW33
    Hi JPW

Yup, if you go to the home page of the site and scroll down the page a little, you will find the info you want, its the middle box :)
  • edited December 2009
    Hello Tikay, Just learning how to play Poker and recently joined Sky. It might be an obvious question so apologies in advance !! I notice there are sky poker league points given, but I cannot find any link to view these league tables ? are there any leagues as such ?
    Posted by JPW33
    There are two different types of points awarded on Sky.
    Firstly, there are league points. The details of how these are awarded and the league standings can be found here:

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-league

Secondly, there is the "Cash For Points" promotion which gives players cash back depending on how much they play each month. Details of this scheme can be found here:

http://www.skypoker.com/pokerpoints/
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : There are two different types of points awarded on Sky. Firstly, there are league points. The details of how these are awarded and the league standings can be found here: https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-league Secondly, there is the "Cash For Points" promotion which gives players cash back depending on how much they play each month. Details of this scheme can be found here: http://www.skypoker.com/pokerpoints/
    Posted by MereNovice
    Many Thanks for the info and Ive just found the link at the bottom of the home page !!
  • edited December 2009
    Hello Tikay,

This is my first ever post, so i really dont know if this is something you can look into this for me?

I really just wanna clarify an opinion by voiced by Sky_Rudolph about how a hand was played
    (23/12/2009 20:11216975991OmahaSanta's Omaha 2)
    The hand was won by vic, Sky_Rudolph suggested 'np' & 'wp' by vic and proceeded to select him for the Santa sack tourney. I dont mean to take anything from vic, i've reviewed the hand history and admitedly my omaha knowledge is not quite as good as my hold em. Could you please review this and let me know if vic actually played that nicely or just got lucky against 2 other players with better hands right until the river??

Look forward to your opinion on how the hand played out, thanks.
  • edited December 2009
    Why liverpool so bad this season is it because of the train  ing
  • edited December 2009

is there another event connected to the tko on tuesday?

• edited December 2009
    Hi Tikay,
               A few ?s for you. How, when and where did you get started in poker? Also, which player helped you or which players game did you study?   
  • edited December 2009
    There is some familiar names in SANTAS FREEROLE, a lot of established SKY regular players, it should be good, will you join us????
    merry christmas Tikay
    oh yeah dropped my style on the Omaha still no joy lol!!!!
  • edited December 2009
    Hi guys. never been on this site as i play via my tv. good site. i have got a question i wonder if anyone could answer. i play tournament poker at my local pub and we try to stick to the rules. i have been told i cannot announce my hand. does this mean i cannot say the value of my hand ie. flush. or does it mean i cannot say what my hole card or cards are. does this mean i can lie about my hand but not tell the truth. would appreciate exactly what i can and cant say. thanks very much. Tommoboy
  • edited December 2009
    alrite again tikay,could you fill me in with information on how to get entry into the super 6 tourny which needs a password to gain entry?
    cheers ninipoo71
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Tikay
               A while back Sky Poker held a bootcamp. I can remember very poitve comments by the people who attended. Also some good resuts for them after. Is there any plans for another one in 2010. As, i think there would be alot of interest.

Merry Xmas
  • edited December 2009
    alrite again tikay,could you fill me in with information on how to get entry into the super 6 tourny which needs a password to gain entry? cheers ninipoo71
    Posted by ninipoo71
    Hi

Yup a couple of ways, go to the SUPER6 site the link to the password is there, 2 google for SUPER6 password, o3 have a go at SUPER6 using your login details from here again a box with the link in will be there
  • edited December 2009

Hi All,

Had some problems today, my lappie fell over & died after a short illness, RIP Lappie.

I've got a whole bunch of stuff to catch up on, but will reply to all the questions soonest.

Thanks.
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Tikay

How did you night out to Luton go with Rich and Lisa.
  • edited December 2009
    Hi All, Had some problems today, my lappie fell over & died after a short illness, RIP Lappie. I've got a whole bunch of stuff to catch up on, but will reply to all the questions soonest. Thanks.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay

Oh dear, you know what this means, you are finaly have to ditch the steam ;), and how did you all go last night please?

• edited December 2009
    hi tikay its theguv60 i was playing the 200.00 pound omaha gtd tournament with you tonight 24/12/2009.It was my first time that i have played omaha and i would like to say what a great game it is,i was on the same table as you until that girl took you out when you flopped the straight.The game lasted ages which was very good value for my 5.50 buy in stake and i would like to tell you that i won the game finishing in first place.total winnings 80.00.needless to say i think i will be playing more omaha games in the future,Great game just glad sky have introduced omaha as it is a more thinking game and you realy have to concentrate to work out who can have the best possible hands.Thank you anyway just wanted to say im glad i tried it out and i will be playing more and more OMAHA games in the future.theguv60 aka mark wilton
  • edited December 2009
    Love the forum(s), am a developer for colleagues over at SkySports and a poker afficionado [well trying to be].  Apologies, *nerd question*, why is the forum not ordered in a date descending manner (showing most recent posts on page 1)?

On a kind of poker note meets movie knowledge.  Is "Rounders" with Matt Damon, Ed Norton and John Malkovic at all representative of American, underground or even main stream Texas Hold-'Em games?  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0128442/#comment

Season's greetings and Merry Christmas.

Dan (dtm75)
  • edited December 2009
    Love the forum(s), am a developer for colleagues over at SkySports and a poker afficionado [well trying to be].  Apologies, *nerd question*, why is the forum not ordered in a date descending manner (showing most recent posts on page 1)? On a kind of poker note meets movie knowledge.  Is "Rounders" with Matt Damon, Ed Norton and John Malkovic at all representative of American, underground or even main stream Texas Hold-'Em games?  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0128442/#comment Season's greetings and Merry Christmas. Dan (dtm75)
    Posted by dtm75
    The forum post are dated in order of most recently updated,
    There are a few "stickies" at the top that always stay at the top of the list because they are deemed worthy of being highly visible.
  • edited December 2009
    alrite tikay,i have been trying all month to get into the santas sack tourny but yet have had no luck in doing so,as ther eis only 2 days left before the tourny starts,is ther any other way of getting in the tourny or is there going to be alot more chances in the next 2 days to get in?
    cheers tikay and great show today by the way.i told you the heads up in the bounty hunter was abit annoying for me.
    cheers again,ninipoo
  • edited December 2009
    i just wanted to discuss my feeling towards your presenters saying you have a great community of players, who are up and coming, with lots of potential. i just wanted to highlight two key hands that completely make you guys look like fools and your site of player are a bag of donkeys.

1, i was playing in the 1000 pound velocity the other night and i had k4 in the small blind, blinds are 600/1200, guy in seat 4 calls as do i and the bb checks,

the flop come k82, i bet the pot of 3600, he calls, q on turn i push for the rest of my stack, about 5500, he calls turns qj and spikes a j on the river.

2, just played in another bounty hunter game this morning and a donkey calls me down with A10, on every street when i had pocket 5s and my hand got counterfeited.

All i ask is that your presenters dont say that you have a community of strong players when you clearly dont, all you have is a set of lucky donks who see all the tv hands you guys show on tekle and think oh il try my luck at that and maybe il be the 1 who wins.
  • edited December 2009
    i just wanted to discuss my feeling towards your presenters saying you have a great community of players, who are up and coming, with lots of potential. i just wanted to highlight two key hands that completely make you guys look like fools and your site of player are a bag of donkeys. 1, i was playing in the 1000 pound velocity the other night and i had k4 in the small blind, blinds are 600/1200, guy in seat 4 calls as do i and the bb checks, the flop come k82, i bet the pot of 3600, he calls, q on turn i push for the rest of my stack, about 5500, he calls turns qj and spikes a j on the river. 2, just played in another bounty hunter game this morning and a donkey calls me down with A10, on every street when i had pocket 5s and my hand got counterfeited. All i ask is that your presenters dont say that you have a community of strong players when you clearly dont, all you have is a set of lucky donks who see all the tv hands you guys show on tekle and think oh il try my luck at that and maybe il be the 1 who wins.
    Posted by steve628
    Hi Steve, and a very warm welcome to the Sky Poker Community. I am an Analyst, not  a Presenter, but I think it counts as the same thing insofar as your Post is concerned.

So, let me get this right.

You are criticising us for not understanding what "a great Community" we have here. And you are describing us as "fools" & the Players as "a bag of donkeys" & "lucky donks". I don't suppose the irony of that position has dawned upon you, has it? Have you ever read "Catch-22"?

You further go on to imply - nay, say - that the Players here are very BAD. So you'd prefer to play against GOOD players then?

I need to think about that Sir. I've spent my poker career swerving players who are better than me.  And here you are, complaining about bad players......

I'm sorry, but if you come on here & describe the Sky Poker players as "a bag of donkeys" & myself & my front-of-camera colleagues as "fools", then complain that your opponents here are WORSE THAN YOU (!!) please don't expect much sympathy from me.

Maybe it's you that does not understand "Community"?

Happy & Healthy New Year to you Steve, wherever you decide to play your Poker.

• edited December 2009
    thats v unlucky steve, ps. what tables do you play at generally??
  • edited December 2009
    hi tk
    how do you gain entry to the private freerolls that go on around the site?