You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ask Tikay?

Comments

• edited December 2009
    In Response to last 2 posts:
    To add to my earlier post and the two post that follwed SEE WHAT I MEAN!! :( LOL
    Posted by TukTuk
    We all have to learn Tuk Tuk !!
  • edited December 2009

Hi Mitch,

Salazar's answer is spot on.

Very well done on winning the £200 Guaranteed - Omaha is weird - I've seen many a complete newbie win at almost the first time of asking, simply because their unconventional play confuses everyone! A seasoned Omaha player rercognizes scary boards & folds, whereas newbies bet away merrily!

Now, two points for you.

1) Please enable "SHOW HAND DESCRIPTIONS", via the Options Tab. Your hand will then be described for you by the software, & shown on the Table (for you only!) just under the Community Cards.

2) Try reading "Handy Hints & Tips for Complete Beginners". There's a wealth of stuff in there, most of which is very good. And some by me. Read it, you cannot fail to improve.

If I can find it for you, I'll put up a link.
  • edited December 2009

There you go Mitch, it's here

it's here.... 

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3aa5c76ef1-0394-4a4b-86f1-6727bbef5c54

I really MUST learn how to do those clever links! Can someone remind me, please?

EDIT - Mere sent me a PM explaining how to do it. 17 attempts later, I still can't do it......
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay?:
    Hellllllo Mr Kendall I was wondering if thier was any players out thier who shove queen FOUR ? Anyway UKIPT - As you know is a pokerstars new tour has launched and i wondered if sky would be attending / covering this eveent in anyway ? I'm thinking no as its a stars tour but could be a couple of sky people thier to say hi to :)
    Posted by Nutter5932
    Sigh, that was creative stuff, Level 4, see?

I'm, not sure if I or Sky Poker will be at any of the UKIPT Events - they may or may not be, we'll have to see......

Good Luck if you play any.

• edited December 2009
    Hi Mitch, Salazar's answer is spot on. Very well done on winning the £200 Guaranteed - Omaha is weird - I've seen many a complete newbie win at almost the first time of asking, simply because their unconventional play confuses everyone! A seasoned Omaha player rercognizes scary boards & folds, whereas newbies bet away merrily! Now, two points for you. 1) Please enable "SHOW HAND DESCRIPTIONS", via the Options Tab. Your hand will then be described for you by the software, & shown on the Table (for you only!) just under the Community Cards. 2) Try reading "Handy Hints & Tips for Complete Beginners". There's a wealth of stuff in there, most of which is very good. And some by me. Read it, you cannot fail to improve. If I can find it for you, I'll put up a link.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tikay

Is there any way of showing hand descriptions AFTER you fold?. I know other sites do it but I may be missing something here on Sky Poker. For us newbies, it will be helpfull when learning Omaha
  • edited December 2009
    hi tikay just wondered did u ever get a answer for me from dp on reading my email out on air if i won a seat into the santas sack or did i not get lucky also wondered did u give away your 3 seats in last nights 22 deepie ???? thanks for the advice as well i tighten right up and won last night so many thanks having a good run of late thats your sleep stack i won couple of weeks ago the bounty hunter last night i won and the 22 deepie i won all with your advice so thanks sim75
    Posted by sim75
    Hi sim,

Sorry, but I've got no idea if you won the Spot Prize on the Show, but I know your e-Mail was read out. I was not "on" the Show, so can't help there. Try writing to the Producer (Chris Cohen) at
    skyopen@bskyb.com , he may be able to assist.

No, I did not give away any of the Spot Prizes I had available in the £22 Deepie, but I did give them away in another Tourney.

I'm delighted you won the Deepie, & it was remarkable how you changed your game mid-Tourney. When you started BETTING with air instead of CALLING with air, everything improved for you. I wish with every ounce of my poker body that I could explain to players the huge difference betwen those two approaches. Put simply, if you keep Calling light against tight players, you'll get lucky now & again. Busting Aces twice in 10 minutes by CALLING with garbage is nice, but over time, CALLING arbage will get you in deep, deep trouble, & you'll end up skinto-busto. 100% Guaranteed. BET with garbage - that's GOOD!

Well done you.

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Hi Tikay Is there any way of showing hand descriptions AFTER you fold?. I know other sites do it but I may be missing something here on Sky Poker. For us newbies, it will be helpfull when learning Omaha
    Posted by MAXALLY
    I'm not sure I understand the question Max.

It shows the Hand Description the moment the Flop, Turn, & River appear - in other words, BEFORE you fold.

Am I misunderstanding your question?
  • edited December 2009
    No, unfortunately, once you have folded your hand you do not get the hand description and there is no way to turn it on. It's a good exercise to try and work it out for yourself, though.
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Tikay,

I started playing poker on Sky about two months ago now.  I'm absolutely loving the game and been on it nearly everyday since.  I have been playing in the freerolls as a way of learning the game and making a lot of mistakes which I know I have learnt from. 

Would you recommend any cash tournaments for a relative beginner as I think I am now ready to lose some cash?
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Tikay, I started playing poker on Sky about two months ago now.  I'm absolutely loving the game and been on it nearly everyday since.  I have been playing in the freerolls as a way of learning the game and making a lot of mistakes which I know I have learnt from.  Would you recommend any cash tournaments for a relative beginner as I think I am now ready to lose some cash?
    Posted by Patching99
    Hi Patch,

Yes. I unhesitatingly recommend playing Deepstacks. These happen at 15 minutes past every hour, & start at, I think, £2.20.

There is a lot of luck in poker, & the faster the structure, & less starting chips you have, the more luck plays a part.

The Deepstacks have 5,000 chips, & a nice slow clock and structure.

Providing you have patience, & are very selective in the first 2 hours as to what hands to play, & in what position, you'll do OK in them if you understand the basics of poker.

You can even try a little trick. NEVER Call - ONLY enter a Pot if you feel you can Raise with your hand. It's surprisingly effective.

Most people still play too many hands, too - one hand every two orbits (on average) is plenty in the first few hours. Those who play every other hand will never, ever ever, win in the long-term.

Play less hands, exercise patience, bet don't call. It's that simple.
    Good Luck.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Hi Patch, Yes. I unhesitatingly recommend playing Deepstacks. These happen at 15 minutes past every hour, & start at, I think, £2.20. There is a lot of luck in poker, & the faster the structure, & less starting chips you have, the more luck plays a part. The Deepstacks have 5,000 chips, & a nice slow clock and structure. Providing you have patience, & are very selective in the first 2 hours as to what hands to play, & in what position, you'll do OK in them if you understand the basics of poker. You can even try a little trick. NEVER Call - ONLY enter a Pot if you feel you can Raise with your hand. It's surprisingly effective. Most people still play too many hands, too - one hand every two orbits (on average) is plenty in the first few hours. Those who play every other hand will never, ever ever, win in the long-term. Play less hands, exercise patience, bet don't call. It's that simple. Good Luck.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for that Tikay, much appreciated.

I will give the deepstack a go later today and see how I get on.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Thanks for that Tikay, much appreciated. I will give the deepstack a go later today and see how I get on.
    Posted by Patching99
    Good Luck, & let us know how you get on.
  • edited December 2009
    Are you aware you can block your stats on sharkscope . I have . Always best to hide anything that helps the opposition.
    n Response to Re: Ask Tikay?:
    Hi Tikay Is there any other site that you can check your Poker stats on apart from sharkscope.com Whenever I open sharkscope.com all I get is an empty grey screen. I have tried via IE, Firefox and my own AOL connection and they all get the same blank grey screen.
    Posted by apollo_11
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Good Luck, & let us know how you get on.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I finished 3rd, sounds not too bad but only 5 entered!!!  I made some loose calls and was probably not patient enough.  I will try listen to your advice next time... 
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : I finished 3rd, sounds not too bad but only 5 entered!!!  I made some loose calls and was probably not patient enough.  I will try listen to your advice next time... 
    Posted by Patching99
    Loose RAISES are better than "loose calls".

When RAISING, you have TWO ways of winning. When CALLING you only have one way of winning.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : I'm not sure I understand the question Max. It shows the Hand Description the moment the Flop, Turn, & River appear - in other words, BEFORE you fold. Am I misunderstanding your question?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yes Tikay, i understand that bit. I was asking if when you fold, pre flop/post/etc etc etc, it could still show your Hand description. A kind of 'look what you could of won if you didnt fold' scenario. Other sites do this but Sky poker doesnt at the mo. I just think those who are learning the game of Omaho would benifit from learning the outcome of their two hold cards down the streets if they fold their cards.

EDIT - Just seen Vince post my answer above but I think the techy guys should look at this for the future maybe.
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Tikay. I like to watch alot of poker and particularly like watching John Tabatabai play . I would just like to ask If you have had any experience of him and what your general opinion Is of his style of play.
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Tikay. I like to watch alot of poker and particularly like watching John Tabatabai play . I would just like to ask If you have had any experience of him and what your general opinion Is of his style of play.
    Posted by TiaDalma
    He's a really lovely guy - & I mean that. Well-mannered, well-dressed, lovely table manner & demeanour.

I have only played him twice, so don't have much feel for his game-style, but he struck me as pretty TAG, with the emphasis on the AG, & he seemed to be very comfy down the streets, knowing exactly "where he was", which is a rare skill.
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks Tikay x
  • edited December 2009
    hi just cashed for the 4th time for team tikay whop whop just wondered if we get any prize for kicking richards backside and whens the next one
  • edited December 2009
    hi just cashed for the 4th time for team tikay whop whop just wondered if we get any prize for kicking richards backside and whens the next one
    Posted by taz13
    Congratulations on the 4 cashes, excellently done:)

Next week is the winners freeroll, I THINK its £1000 prize pool and then in the new year there is going to be a fresh round of TKO games.
  • edited December 2009
    Hi guy's

can someone confirm for me this total player do you have to be playing master cash table's or not?
  • edited December 2009
    Hi guy's can someone confirm for me this total player do you have to be playing master cash table's or not?
    Posted by EVILEDNA
    Hi

You dont have to be, they can be watching any tables, except Omaha
  • edited December 2009
    There you go Mitch, it's here it's here....  https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3aa5c76ef1-0394-4a4b-86f1-6727bbef5c54 I really MUST learn how to do those clever links! Can someone remind me, please? EDIT - Mere sent me a PM explaining how to do it. 17 attempts later, I still can't do it......
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tikay,
    Thanks very much for your reply and advice - appreciate it

Mitch
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Congratulations on the 4 cashes, excellently done:) Next week is the winners freeroll, I THINK its £1000 prize pool and then in the new year there is going to be a fresh round of TKO games.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    thanks
  • edited December 2009
    Hi guy's can someone confirm for me this total player do you have to be playing master cash table's or not?
    Posted by EVILEDNA
    Hi EVIL,

It does not matter WHAT Tables you play, or what FORMAT (Cash, MTT or SNG) you play, all are taken into account.

It has nothing to do with Master Cash Tables, though results on those would count.

Good Luck.
  • edited December 2009
    Can Tikay tell me who won leg 5 of the TKO and by how much?
  • edited December 2009
    Can Tikay tell me who won leg 5 of the TKO and by how much?
    Posted by MereNovice
    Result awaited Vince, but it's close, although either way, Team tikay will be playing the £1,000 WINNERS Freeroll next Thursday. You can watch if you wish. Watch & learn.
  • edited December 2009
     i won and i was representing team orford all at final table were
  • edited December 2009
     i won and i was representing team orford all at final table were
    Posted by rangers666
    Well done Rangers, but "a number" of the final Tableists were Team tikayers.