You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

edited July 2017 in Betting Chat
Good Luck always like this thread part of my weekly routine now!!!! will have a look at the betting soon

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Right then, who's ready for another year of golf?

Well I certainly am!

This year I'm going to be using a custom predictor to select my picks each week.

You can select any attributes/stats and it will rate the chances of the players.

This tool will become more useful as the season progresses. As it's the first tournament of the year, I've kept the predictor simple and asked for performance in this tournament last year, along with the players last 3 tournament results.

The player that came out top was Bubba Watson.

This year I'll have a betting bankroll of 100 points and will keep my profit/loss in terms of points not £'s.

1st bet of the year is...

Bubba Watson 2pts e/w @ 14/1

Gl my fellow punters.

Follow my progress here:

• Options
    edited January 2013
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Get in the Hole! 2013 Season (Hyundai Tournament of Champions):
    Right then, who's ready for another year of golf? Well I certainly am! This year I'm going to be using a custom predictor to select my picks each week. http://www.bmandmsolutions.co.uk/golfbettingsystem/predict.asp You can select any attributes/stats and it will rate the chances of the players. This tool will become more useful as the season progresses. As it's the first tournament of the year, I've kept the predictor simple and asked for performance in this tournament last year, along with the players last 3 tournament results. The player that came out top was Bubba Watson. This year I'll have a betting bankroll of 100 points and will keep my profit/loss in terms of points not £'s. 1st bet of the year is... Bubba Watson 2pts e/w @ 16/1 Gl my fellow punters.
    Posted by splashies
    Nice one, very interested, Can I follow you and start with 100 points!
    Let me know where to put the bet on!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    going with outsider !!!

Charlie Beljan @ 66/1 (Each Way: 1/4 for first 4 places.)  £2 ew
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    1st game of the season! Bit of a lottery but luckily it's a small field.

The key to this week could be who is a naturally good golfer, and keeps themselves fit even in the off season. Well they don't come much fitter than Dustin Johnson, so for that I have put £2 on him @ 14/1. The other thought is who normally comes out firing at the start of the season? Well Mark Wilson has a good record early doors on the PGA tour then fades away after a few months. So a nice 80/1 I've done £1 e/w.

Keeping my bets small this season so it doesn't affect my BR too much. Replying on a golf win is not a great idea when the poker $ is flowing so smoothly.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Web Simpson 14/1 £20 win - Finsished last season with two top 10 finishes, first time he played the course last year finished tied 4th.

Carl Petterson 22/1 £10ew - Starts the season well finishing palced in his opening event the last 3 years, last time on this course finished 4th.

Johnson Wagner 66/1 £5ew - Played this course twice finished in top 10 both times, every round hes had on this course has been under par, his three titles in the last 5 years have all came at the start of the season.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season (Hyundai Tournament of Champions):
    In Response to Get in the Hole! 2013 Season (Hyundai Tournament of Champions) : Nice one, very interested, Can I follow you and start with 100 points! Let me know where to put the bet on!
    Posted by wynne1938
    Well Bubba is now 17/1 on SJ. 16/1 with Victor and 14s everywhere else.

Good to see all the regs back. Gl all
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Happy NewYear all.
    My selections are R.Moore 20/1,Z.Johnson 25/1 and K.Stanley 50/1.£4,£4 and £2 all to win.gl
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I think between us we have pretty much everyone covered don't we? lol

Who do you think will do well in the R2D and PGA Money List? I like to do a double at the start of the season, but can't really see past Rory and he isn't very good value...
    Only other person I can think will do well this year is Louis. So many times he comes close (Or wins) the big events, this could be the year he binks a few big 'uns.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season (Hyundai Tournament of Champions):
    I think between us we have pretty much everyone covered don't we? lol Who do you think will do well in the R2D and PGA Money List? I like to do a double at the start of the season, but can't really see past Rory and he isn't very good value... Only other person I can think will do well this year is Louis. So many times he comes close (Or wins) the big events, this could be there year he binks a few big 'uns.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Dunno if you read Steve Palmer in the racing post but he fancies Dustin Johnson strongly to have good year.Back from injury last year and contended well,so should be coming into his peak this year really.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season (Hyundai Tournament of Champions) : Dunno if you read Steve Palmer in the racing post but he fancies Dustin Johnson strongly to have good year.Back from injury last year and contended well,so should be coming into his peak this year really.
    Posted by jackda
    Well hopefully for me he makes it 1 from 1 this week ;-)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I think between us we have pretty much everyone covered don't we? lol Who do you think will do well in the R2D and PGA Money List? I like to do a double at the start of the season, but can't really see past Rory and he isn't very good value... Only other person I can think will do well this year is Louis. So many times he comes close (Or wins) the big events, this could be the year he binks a few big 'uns.
    Posted by FlashFlush[/QU

Agree
  • Options
    edited January 2013

hey splashies good to see the thread up again for another good season of golf, im not having a bet this week but will no doubt get back in the groove before long in good time for the masters and a rampant Bo Van Pelt victory in that!! best of luck all with your selections

• Options
    edited January 2013
    good luck splashies and everyone. dustin johnson 3pts win 14/1 1 pt ew zach johnstone 25/1
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I've mentioned this before but nobody seems to listen or care, so I'll try again as it's the start of a new season lol...

Has anyone played the fantasy race to dubai game on the European tour page? Basically you start the season by picking 10 players that are going to be playing in the first event, then every week you can change 5 players to fit who is playing that weeks event. The prize money they earn is how many points you get so it's all about picking who you think will win and you don't need to worry about value with the odds.

They have prizes for the best weeks score and overall score. There are loads of people that do it though so chances of winning anything is very slim. I thought it could be a fun thing for us all to do for bragging rights :-)

I did shocking lats year and finished 2699th

It doesn't look like it's set up for this season yet as it still says 2012, but I expect it will be sorted over the weekend if it is running again this year.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I'm up for that mate
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    ill have a go thanks
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I've mentioned this before but nobody seems to listen or care, so I'll try again as it's the start of a new season lol... Has anyone played the fantasy race to dubai game on the European tour page? Basically you start the season by picking 10 players that are going to be playing in the first event, then every week you can change 5 players to fit who is playing that weeks event. The prize money they earn is how many points you get so it's all about picking who you think will win and you don't need to worry about value with the odds.  They have prizes for the best weeks score and overall score. There are loads of people that do it though so chances of winning anything is very slim. I thought it could be a fun thing for us all to do for bragging rights :-) I did shocking lats year and finished 2699th The link is  http://www.europeantour.com/myeuropeantour/home.html It doesn't look like it's set up for this season yet as it still says 2012, but I expect it will be sorted over the weekend if it is running again this year.
    Posted by FlashFlush

Cheers Charles, I'll have a dabble at that. I'm In Leeds tonight for a small MTT, so I'll have a good look in the morning. I'm on route to DTD Notts for their biggy this w/e, hence no golf bet for me this week. If I got back on Monday and started watching the final round at silly hours from Hawaii, I thinks I'd be looking for a new home, for myself lol. 

Good luck everybody this year with your bets. Personally, I'd be leaving Mclroy well alone til we know if he gels with his Nike gear. As for top earners, Mr Palmer already got Johnson covered, so no originality picking him out. Though I will be following Johnson in the majors this year, Augusta apart. In Europe u defo need someone who is gonna play all the World Champ events and the Majors, plus the biggies in Europe, enter Justin Rose. With that in mind I'll back him for both tours and see if bookies offering a double. 
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season (Hyundai Tournament of Champions) : Cheers Charles, I'll have a dabble at that. I'm In Leeds tonight for a small MTT, so I'll have a good look in the morning. I'm on route to DTD Notts for their biggy this w/e, hence no golf bet for me this week. If I got back on Monday and started watching the final round at silly hours from Hawaii, I thinks I'd be looking for a new home, for myself lol.  Good luck everybody this year with your bets. Personally, I'd be leaving Mclroy well alone til we know if he gels with his Nike gear. As for top earners, Mr Palmer already got Johnson covered, so no originality picking him out. Though I will be following Johnson in the majors this year, Augusta apart. In Europe u defo need someone who is gonna play all the World Champ events and the Majors, plus the biggies in Europe, enter Justin Rose. With that in mind I'll back him for both tours and see if bookies offering a double. 
    Posted by joesman1
    I did it last year with Rory on R2D and Keegan Bradley on PGA tour on Skybet (Where I do all my bets) I had to ring up for them to do it because they came under the same category it wouldn't let me do it online.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Lets hope we get some action tonight. It's te start of the golf season, not the bloody english domestic cricket season.

FU weather
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    This is a joke now! They should cancel it altogether. The early starters have been out and played the first few hols 3 times now and the later tee times (I.E my bet Dustin Johnsn) hasn't hit a ball yet I don't think! It's now going to be a 36 hole comp, how is that fair?

(May withdraw this statement if he goes on to win anyway...)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    This is a joke now! They should cancel it altogether. The early starters have been out and played the first few hols 3 times now and the later tee times (I.E my bet Dustin Johnsn) hasn't hit a ball yet I don't think! It's now going to be a 36 hole comp, how is that fair? (May withdraw this statement if he goes on to win anyway...)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Don't want to count my chickens yet... BUT.... :)  After round 1 it couldn't of been better Mark Wilson tied with Dustin Johnson at the top! Wilson didn't have a good 2nd round though and will need a very good round to get back in there for an e/w shout now.

Regarding the fantasy R2D, the site says it will be up ready for Abu Dhabi next week, so keep your eyes peeled.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season (Hyundai Tournament of Champions) : Don't want to count my chickens yet... BUT.... :)  After round 1 it couldn't of been better Mark Wilson tied with Dustin Johnson at the top! Wilson didn't have a good 2nd round though and will need a very good round to get back in there for an e/w shout now. Regarding the fantasy R2D, the site says it will be up ready for Abu Dabai next week, so keep your eyes peeled.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Looking v good for you so far Charles. Long term nice start for the Top Earner prize, short term I'm now kicking myself for not joining you in backing him this week. Gl
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Come on BUBBA!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Well done Flash and engy! Great start to the thread. I'm happy with a small place result from Bubba. Will post this weeks bets tomoz.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Cheers guys :-) Shame I decided to cut back on the bet size lol.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Keeping the bets small again this week, don't want to get carried away.

European Tour

Nico Colsaerts - 18/1 - £2 
    Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano - 28/1 £2 

PGA Tour

Dustin Johnson (Again) 9/1 - £3 -Don't think I've ever backed someone to do a double before, but he looked so comfortable compared to anyone else I think we has a great chance.

Charles Howell - 22/1 - £2

All are win only as I didn't see much value in the long odds players, and also did £1 doubles.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    nice to get the season off to a winning start :) . well done flashflush also.

VOLVO

p lawrie 2pts ew 28/1

SONY

chad campbell 1pt win 100/1 betfair
    ryan palmer 1pt win 85/1 betfair

t clark 2 pt ew
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Sony Open

Tight tree-lined course this week, with small greens. So I've plugged driving accuracy and GIR, along with previous results at this course, into the predictor. The player who came out on top was.....

John Senden 2pts e/w  @ 50/1

Volvo Champions

Very short, tree-lined course. I've input Driving accuracy and GIR into the predictor, and no surprise who came out on top....

Francesco Molinari 2pts e/w  @ 14/1

Double 1pt e/w @ 764/1
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Sony Open + Volvo Champions) Year Profit: +0.5pts:
    Sony Open Tight tree-lined course this week, with small greens. So I've plugged driving accuracy and GIR, along with previous results at this course, into the predictor. The player who came out on top was..... John Senden 2pts e/w  @ 50/1 Volvo Champions Very short, tree-lined course. I've input Driving accuracy and GIR into the predictor, and no surprise who came out on top.... Francesco Molinari 2pts e/w  @ 14/1 Double 1pt e/w @ 764/1
    Posted by splashies
    Nice one M8!