You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited February 2013

Self control and not adding to my bets was the main reason I didn't get on Sterne last week and is the same reason I won't be on Walker either, well that and the fact all the value odds on Walker have gone.

Yes, pleased with my 40/1 on Ryan Moore, then again I was delighted with my 75/1 on Steve Marino last week after seeing him backed into 50/1, delight soon changed to horror as he got off to an horrendous start and eventually finished one hundred and sodding 50th out of 156!

I see the bookies and punters have deserted Marino this week and he's out to 150/1, he does have some decent course form for this weeks event, so just in case Marino can quickly forget the horror show last week I have decided I can also forget it and given him an ew second chance and doubled him with Tommy Fleetwood at 25/1.

That's me done, as long as I don't weaken and take Bell's advice and dip my feet in the first round market.

Good Luck all!

• edited February 2013
    Did anyone else register for the fantasy PGA tour or was it just me and Mr Dart?
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Northern Trust + Africa Open) Year Profit: -47.5pts:
    Did anyone else register for the fantasy PGA tour or was it just me and Mr Dart?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    That's my job for tonight whilst watching both footy matches score above 2.5 goals
  • edited February 2013
    how do you register i might give it a go

is it only starting this week for the PGA?
  • edited February 2013
    I've entered PGA fantasy.

Having trouble logging in european site. Keeps sending me back to login page grrr.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Northern Trust + Africa Open) Year Profit: -47.5pts:
    how do you register i might give it a go is it only starting this week for the PGA?
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    It started last week, so you missed out on the easy 500 points that Brandt Snedeker gave to 90% of selections...

You basically pick 4 players each week and you get their accumulative FedEx cup points. You can't pick 1 player more than 10 times over 1 season though.
  • edited February 2013
    Right, I've created a league... It's called Skypoker Pundits. Just search for it, it should come up...
  • edited February 2013
    aye sound its on the pga tour site then gotcha. signed up there now. im not  blown away by the weekly prize of a backpack so count me in for a private league for the bragging rites much better craic!
  • edited February 2013
    aye sound its on the pga tour site then gotcha. signed up there now. im not  blown away by the weekly prize of a backpack so count me in for a private league for the bragging rites much better craic!
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    TBH I'd not even looked at prizes, no idea what I was playing for. Just my competitive side always wants me top of any league! lol 

• edited February 2013
    aye well now you know that theyre 5h*t !   but the league makes it all worthwhile 
  • edited February 2013
    aye well now you know that theyre 5h*t !   but the league makes it all worthwhile 
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    How come you don't play our European tour game?
  • edited February 2013
    funny you say that ive just registered earlier for that too so im still in the 24 hour account validating or watever process so ill join that too thanks, although i dont watch much of the european tour apart from the 'home' tournaments but decided to give it a whirl anyways cheers
  • edited February 2013
    Right, I've created a league... It's called Skypoker Pundits. Just search for it, it should come up...
    Posted by FlashFlush
    In
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Northern Trust + Africa Open) Year Profit: -47.5pts : It started last week, so you missed out on the easy 500 points that Brandt Snedeker gave to 90% of selections... You basically pick 4 players each week and you get their accumulative FedEx cup points. You can't pick 1 player more than 10 times over 1 season though.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I'm in, though after you wrote that, it took some courage to register my team with it's massive TWO points tally from week 1 :(
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Northern Trust + Africa Open) Year Profit: -47.5pts : I'm in, though after you wrote that, it took some courage to register my team with it's massive TWO points tally from week 1 :(
    Posted by TheDart
    Oops... Who did you go with? I had Dustin, Snedders, Phil and Mr Harrington, Both Dustin and Harrington missed the cut, Phil only scored 11 so Snedders came to my rescue
  • edited February 2013
    I actually had 2 picks the same as you, Dustin and Padraig, then there was my value flop of the week Steve Marino, young Seung-yul Noh provided my 2 points.

A first glance at the Northern Trust Open leaderboard and I see my value bet of the week Charles Howell III has started bogey bogey and sits in last place of the 27 players out on the course, naturally Charles is one of my 4 fantasy picks this week, sigh!!!
  • edited February 2013

Make that bogey, bogey, bogey start for Charles Howell III, plum last of 36 on the course, unbelievable!

On a brighter note for me, Graham DeLaet has managed two birdies in the first 3 holes and is early leader with Jim Furyk. I'll never get over my DeLaet obsession with starts like that!

• edited February 2013
    It's only Thurs night, but I can safely put a line through this weeks selections. Adding Justin Walters @ 40/1. 2 under with 4 to play, then straight out again on his 2nd round. Clutching at straws to try turn things round. 
  • edited February 2013
    Ha ha, looks like we think alike on the fantasy picks! I had Howell as well... I also have Aaron Baddley who had a cracking round of +7!! 

Adam Scott is going steady and Chris Kirk had a nightmare on 1 hole after deciding to 4 putt from 23ft!!

Best round of the day for me is Freddie Jac who I have put money on but not put in my fantasy picks... lol (Rather have the money of a 70/1 shot than a back pack TBF) lol
  • edited February 2013

At least Ryan Moore managed to finish under par but not a good day in the States for my selections, I've had my own clutching at straws bet with an old favourite of mine, Angel Cabrera at 100/1.

If Cabrera puts in a couple of good results, I'll be backing him at any 3 figure odds available ante post for The Masters.

• edited February 2013
    You can never have a golf tournament wrapped up half way through day two, but it is already Da Silva's to lose.

I need a big day from Oliver Bekker.

Just looking at the in-play markets and I do think 55/1 on John Parry ew 1/5 odds first 4 is worth a punt.

Yet to start his second round, he may be 9 off the lead, but he's still tied 5th, so 11/1 for 4th pace is well within his grasp.

Parry won the tour school at the end of the season and is a previous winner on tour so now's how to compete at the sharp end.
  • edited February 2013
    It looks like it's a finished tournament, but it's far from it! It really is surprising how much can change in 2 days in a golf tournament, he could go into Sunday not even leading! Given the fact he is relatively unknown, even though he has had some decent finishes lately and the fact he is 365th in the world, I think this is far from over! I still quietly like the chances of Santos, although Van Zyl still hasn't tee'd off in his 2nd round I think he will be the biggest threat.
  • edited February 2013
    It's only Thurs night, but I can safely put a line through this weeks selections. Adding Justin Walters @ 40/1. 2 under with 4 to play, then straight out again on his 2nd round. Clutching at straws to try turn things round. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Might be taking back what I wrote. Mr Haas might yet save the day. 
  • edited February 2013
    Not a good Saturday for me!

Santos played himself out of it when a good round could of got him right in the mix, and Freddie has also lost control after he had that double bogey and is now relying on Bill Haas to slip up (Sorry Neil). Lot's more golf to be played though!
  • edited February 2013
    Not a good Saturday for me! Santos played himself out of it when a good round could of got him right in the mix, and Freddie has also lost control after he had that double bogey and is now relying on Bill Haas to slip up (Sorry Neil). Lot's more golf to be played though!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    No problem Charles, we all want our bets to come in before anybody elses 1st. I might yet get 1st and 2nd in the PGA fantasy thingy, (Haas and Simpson), but it will be no good as my other 2 both missed the cut. 
  • edited February 2013
    Came close with Van Zyl. Still not my year so far :(
  • edited February 2013
    UL Splashies! When I realised Santos wasn't going to get there I was willing Jaco in for you! :(
  • edited February 2013
    AAAGGGGHHHH!!!! How does he not get up and down from where he was with his ability!! :-( Still happy with some return I suppose but could of been £200+ better. Frustrating week with santos just missing a top 5 finish for the e/w double as well. 

I have an idea who I will go with for the Matchplay, just want to see the odds first.
  • edited February 2013
    Ul Splashies and Charles. Definite yip on that last putt of Jacobsen. Only consolation for me was Haas birdie-ing last to sneak the place. Meant more or less a draw on the w/e for me. Guess it will be the usual 4 picks from the 4 quarters in the Matchplay. Wait for final draw 1st. 
  • edited February 2013

Close call for a few of you there, still a couple of good ew returns for Flash and Joesman.

I managed to save myself with 16/1 on Fichardt in running on day 2, no profit, just covered my losses, which I supppose isn't bad for 4 days 'entertainment'.

First thoughts for Matchplay are Schwartzel, if I can get 20/1 or greater I'll be on.