You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Pebble Beach + Joburg Open) Year Profit: -38.5pts:
    surely Sterne must be a good bet at 20-1 for joburg, good recent form
    Posted by vaigret
    Yeah maybe in hindsight he was a better bet than Aiken, I only saw him at 14/1 which was why I didn't go with it.

Hope you had some pennies on him.
  • edited February 2013
    Gd shout Father.

Gl tonight Flash, another win on the cards. 
  • edited February 2013
    Wd Father V, gl Flash. . . Obv doesn't count but I did Sneds' and Sterne in a double yesterday @ 2/1 and 8/11... Just hope I haven't 'stiffed' him for u Charles. 

One little brag allowed maybe??? Surely not many will have the WHOLE top 5 in their fantasy team this week? That and 7 in the top 9, and 9 in the top 16, I might sneak in the top 10 for the week. Maybe Grace might cost me (how ironic after the good deed he did me last year lol).

• edited February 2013
    I WON A GOLF BET AND TIPPED IT TO THE MASSES

UNBELEIVABLE

thank you for your kind words

Father V
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Pebble Beach + Joburg Open) Year Profit: -38.5pts:
    Wd Father V, gl Flash. . . Obv doesn't count but I did Sneds' and Sterne in a double yesterday @ 2/1 and 8/11... Just hope I haven't 'stiffed' him for u Charles.  One little brag allowed maybe??? Surely not many will have the WHOLE top 5 in their fantasy team this week? That and 7 in the top 9, and 9 in the top 16, I might sneak in the top 10 for the week. Maybe Grace might cost me (how ironic after the good deed he did me last year lol).
    Posted by joesman1
    You can't do much more than pick the complete top 5, really well done!

The fact that you've backed that up with 2 more in the top 10, must give you a great chance of a fantasy top 10finish this week.

I'll be disappointed for you if you don't make it.
  • edited February 2013
    I WON A GOLF BET AND TIPPED IT TO THE MASSES UNBELEIVABLE thank you for your kind words Father V
    Posted by vaigret
    Yes, much respect father, that was easy wasn't it :)

You put Sterne at 20/1 at the back of mind for a dabble, unfortunately that's where the bet stayed and I didn't have a penny on him.
  • edited February 2013
    You got 7th Neil!!!

Both of you qualified for the top 10 challenge! now I need to sort myself out!
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Pebble Beach + Joburg Open) Year Profit: -38.5pts : Yes, much respect father, that was easy wasn't it :) You put Sterne at 20/1 at the back of mind for a dabble, unfortunately that's where the bet stayed and I didn't have a penny on him.
    Posted by TheDart
    Sorry you didnt get on dart.

I just couldnt beleive the price which is why I did him. He had been so close in recent other tournies , so was on good form and in his home country I just couldnt see past him.

Mind you my golf tips are usually useless.

Father V
  • edited February 2013
    You got 7th Neil!!! Both of you qualified for the top 10 challenge! now I need to sort myself out!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Get the hell in!!!! Didn't think results would be up so quick. Tbh Charles, I think it was a great result that one of us got in the top ten. Two of us is an incredible result. If Yourself, Splashes, or Dubmaster can get the treble up by the end of the season, that would be like lottery odds.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Pebble Beach + Joburg Open) Year Profit: -38.5pts : You can't do much more than pick the complete top 5, really well done! The fact that you've backed that up with 2 more in the top 10, must give you a great chance of a fantasy top 10finish this week. I'll be disappointed for you if you don't make it.
    Posted by TheDart
    Cheers Dart, the rooting for each other on the site, makes it special.
  • edited February 2013
    Yeah! I didn't think any of us would even get close to doing what Dart did! Pressure is on for all my picks in the future now :-)
  • edited February 2013
    Looks like you'd better get yourself in the PGA tour comp as well then Joe ;-)
  • edited February 2013
    Looks like you'd better get yourself in the PGA tour comp as well then Joe ;-)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Gan on then..... But I've already had my moment of glory. I'll be on it by Thursday

• edited February 2013
    Havent looked at all at the PGA comp. Have you set up a league Flash?
  • edited February 2013
    Not set up a league yet as only me and Dart are in it... If more people do then i'll start 1
  • edited February 2013
    Yey! Well done Snedders, showed great skill to lead like he did the whole way! Shame Sterne got in the way of the double but oh well lol
  • edited February 2013
    Well done Flash and welcome to the top 10 club Joesman1!!!!!

Back to the form books for me.
  • edited February 2013
    Wd Charles, was a pretty boring spectacle tbh, Snedeker was that dominant lol. Unlucky with the double, but at least it wasn't a bad beat story, very very strong display by Sterne.
  • edited February 2013
    Yeah Sterne was awesome to be fair to him, and you wouldn't bet against him doing the double this week! I've had an idea of who I'm going with this week pretty standard on the European tour, but I won't be going for favourites in the Northern Trust!
  • edited February 2013
    Yeah Sterne was awesome to be fair to him, and you wouldn't bet against him doing the double this week! I've had an idea of who I'm going with this week pretty standard on the European tour, but I won't be going for favourites in the Northern Trust!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Looks like has withdrawn! Saves me having to back a 3/1 again. :-)
  • edited February 2013
    I've been really quiet at work today, so had plenty of time to look at the form ahead of this week. Thought I might as well tell you all who is going to win early on so you can all copy my bets ;-).

Africa Open

Tommy Fleetwood 25/1 £5 win
    Ricardo Santos 16/1 £5 win

Northern Trust

Aaron Baddley 33/1 £3 e/w
    Chris Kirk 50/1 £3 e/w
    Freddie Jac 70/1 £3 e/w

50p e/w doubles
  • edited February 2013
    Northern Trust

Jimmy Walker 2pts e/w @ 40/1. Finished 4th in both '11 and '12. T3 last week too.

Aaron Baddeley 2pts e/w @ 35/1. Winner here in '11 and 11th last year. T12 last week.

Africa Open

Thomas Aiken 4pts win @ 10/1. RU in '10 and 2 top 15's in '11 and '12. T6 last week.

Jaco Van Zyl 4pts win @ 14/1. Finished 4th in both '11 and '12. T11 last week.

4 x 0.5pt e/w Doubles.
  • edited February 2013
    congrats to last weeks winners for their picks

JIMMY WALKER stands out as a fantastic bet in both the outright and first round leader markets at 40/1 given his recent form here and current form on the whole have backed £10 e/w in both

others im running my eye over in the first round market are PAT PEREZ who shot 6 under on day 2 last year which would be enough to win this market most of the time if on day 1, BRYCE MOLDER who shot a 67 and 66 on days 1 and 2 last year before a final day 5 over 76, and im quite keen on REITEF GOOSEN to have a good showing following a timely return to form at Pebble over the weekend and thinking of having a little tickle on him in both markets, 66/1 1st rnd and a tempting 80/1 outright

horses for courses
  • edited February 2013

After some spectacular flops in the last 2 weeks, I'm suffering from a crisis of confidence and split between my interpretation of form, loyalty to a couple of players and being swayed by the odds.

At prices between 66/1 - 90/1 over the last 2 weeks I've been on Tommy Fleetwood and Lorenzo Galgi, both have played well just missing out on top 5 finishes. I don't like the 25/1 on offer this week even if it is a weakened field, I may still have a saver on them both, but at the moment I've let them be, this sort of logic may well be my achilles heel when it come to golf betting.

Anyway in search of better value I've taken the plunge on these:

Africa Open

Lee Slattery 75/1
    , consistent scoring with the odd very low round, so far this season, I feel he is improving each week and think he will fancy his own chances in this field, so confidence will be high and form is improving.

Tom Lewis 80/1, after losing his way, his game appears to be getting back in shape, two excellent scores in rounds 2 and 3 last week, if he can get it together for the the 4 rounds this week, he should go close.

Oliver Bekker 100/1, already a winner on the sunshine tour this year and was 14th in this event in 2011, a speculative selection, but not without some merit.

Northern Trust Open

Ryan Moore 40/1,
    a player I have been watching closely this season, almost backed him last time out at 66/1 in the Phoenix Open, but left him alone as his course form was poor, he promptly finished 4th!  This week he's got the course form to match the current form and at 40/1 looks good value to me.

Charles Howell III 50/1, superb start to the season, possibly playing his best golf ever, certainly for a few years. He has a win and a runners up position in this event, I reckon 50/1 is value bet of the week, which if my recent hunches are anything to go by means he'll finish around 150th, but no I am staying optimistic!

Graham DeLaet 250/1, I just can't ignore DeLaet at these odds, two missed, cuts a tied 65th, but also a tied 9th this season and to me there is plenty to suggest the bookies have a blind spot for DeLaets talent and potential.

• edited February 2013
    African Open:- Aiken - win only 10/1...... Versfeld ew 70/1

Northern Trust:- Haas ew 33/1..... Watson ew 25/1

Plus 4 x ew doubles

Gl everyone
  • edited February 2013
    Northern Trust

Mahan 35/1 £10ew
    Wetwood 33/1 £10ew

Africa Open

Trever Fisher 33/1 £10ew
    Moore 55/1 £10ew

4 x £5ew doubles
  • edited February 2013
    I think you've got great odds on Ryan Moore! The PGA site has got him at no#1 in their rankings, so to get 40/1 like you have is very decent. But I'm being strict with myself! After I only made a small profit even though Snedeker won me £65 I need to stop adding to my bets!

I also had a long look at Jimmy Walker, he looks in great form, the only thing that turned me away though is in over 160 starts he has never had a top 2 finish! So for him to be at 30/1 is lacking a bit of value. I wouldn't be surprised if he did win though, if he is ever going to do it then this is his week!.
  • edited February 2013
    With my success of last week I am going for more.

My two this week are Trevor fisher 33-1 , ok he blew up on his last round last week but only because of pressure put on by Sterne, hopefully this week he will be so far ahead he will keep it together. Also he has finished in laces at course before.

Jimmy Walker 33-1 , ok lots going for him but has done well recently and finished in top four here last two years. 
  • edited February 2013
    dip your feet in the 1st round leader market lads , think walker looks tailor made for it e/w at a big 40/1 even though i agree i may be relying on the place part of my bet in the outright market come the sunday

ive also stuck in BRYCE MOLDER 1st rnd   66/1 £5 e/w

and    PAT PEREZ 100/1  1st rnd   £5 e/w

and like flash said without getting completely carried away, as is so easily done on the golf, ive left it at that!!

cue the goose to shoot a first day 64 seein hes the only one ive left out. sods law.......... 

other big price notables who i got close to backing but never did in 1st rnd leader market are JB HOLMES and GEORGE MCNEILL - both have gone low over here in recent years on certain days and if all falls right tomorrow then you never know
  • edited February 2013
                   did a 50p e/w double Tom lewis 66/1 / matt kuchar 33/1 usally stick a bit more on golf but times are                    hard with pay day a week away and xmas still burning a big hole in my pocket but feel these two gems                  are worth a punt