You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Made a nice little profit yesterday. £3.47 up which leaves me slightly up overall (Not that a few pence bothers me). 
  • edited February 2013
    Round 3 singles

Garrigus v Jacobsen 4/5 50p Won 90p
    Stricker v Piercy 10/11 40p Lost
    Poulter v Clark 1/2 40p Won 60p
    Kuchar v Colsaerts 19/20 50p Lost
    McDowell v Lowry 4/6 40p Won 67p
    Simpson v Castano 4/7 50p Won 79p
    Watson v Day 4/5 40p Lost
    Mahan v Kaymer 10/11 30p Won 57p

Total staked - £3.40
    Total return - £3.53
  • edited February 2013
    Doubles 10x 30p

Garrigus
    Poulter
    Colsaerts
    Simpson
    Watson

Total Staked - £3
    Total return - £2.37
  • edited February 2013
    Trebles

Garrigus
    Simpson
    Watson
    30p

Colsaerts
    McDowell
    Mahan
    20p
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (WGC Accenture Matchplay) Year Profit: -72.5pts:
    Fortunately my 4 fancies are all in separate quarters. And Splashies I hope u 'run good' this week, as my picks are very similar to yours. Schwartzel, Kuchar, Watney, and Kaymer. If 1 of them reaches the semi final, I get my money back at the very least. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Two down, two still fighting. Shame about Watney's demise. Looking at the draw, both my players poss quarter finals look easier matches on paper than their last 16 matches. 
  • edited February 2013
    Not going to put anymore bets on now as obviously there are less games to get trebles/doubles out of, so I'm just going to cross my fingers that Poulter does the job and wins the lot for my original bet to come in.

FWIW, I think It will be Mahan/Poulter and Day/Kuchar semi. The way they are playing I think it will be a Mahan/Kuchar final and Mahan win, but I hope I'm wrong!
  • edited February 2013
    Day1 -£2.68
    Day2 - £3.47
    Day3 - -£1.00

Total - -£0.21

Summary - Pretty much even, glad I only used small bets but it stil made it more exciting.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (WGC Accenture Matchplay) Year Profit: -72.5pts:
    Just two bets for me this week Hunter Mayhan 25/1 £10ew That was gonig to be my only bet but I nkow what Dohhhh's luck is like and after reading his post gone for.... Ian Poulter 22/1 £10ew
    Posted by shuv
    hahaha Just incredible :(

Why do I do it to myself.

GL to u & Poulter today, as the only European left I genuinely hope he wins it!
  • edited February 2013
    Not going to put anymore bets on now as obviously there are less games to get trebles/doubles out of, so I'm just going to cross my fingers that Poulter does the job and wins the lot for my original bet to come in. FWIW, I think It will be Mahan/Poulter and Day/Kuchar semi. The way they are playing I think it will be a Mahan/Kuchar final and Mahan win, but I hope I'm wrong!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Sigh...

TBF though, the turn around from last 16 to quarters was so fast I couldn't get any bets on in time anyway.
  • edited February 2013
    Dilemma dilemma. . . The ew return covers all my bets with a bit of a profit. With 40/1 secured in a 2 man dual, what do I do?? Do I back Mahan for about 10 points, so reducing my Kuchar profit to 30 points, or take the gamble??
  • edited February 2013
    Dilemma dilemma. . . The ew return covers all my bets with a bit of a profit. With 40/1 secured in a 2 man dual, what do I do?? Do I back Mahan for about 10 points, so reducing my Kuchar profit to 30 points, or take the gamble??
    Posted by joesman1
    I'm taking the gamble mate. 

#YOLO
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (WGC Accenture Matchplay) Year Profit: -72.5pts : I'm taking the gamble mate.  #YOLO
    Posted by splashies
    Lol wd on your pick too Splashes. I'll be honest, I've bailed. I've had 12.5 points on Mahan, so guaranteeing 10 points profit min (4/5 best price). So my profit on Kuchar now stands at 27.5 points.

Enjoy the final mate!
  • edited February 2013
    Pm'd u Splashies
  • edited February 2013
  • edited February 2013
    BOOOOM  a win at last! Will update tomoz, but in profit for year now :D
  • edited February 2013
    Well done m8. Good things come to those that wait and all that. :-) 
  • edited February 2013
    BOOOOM  a win at last! Will update tomoz, but in profit for year now :D
    Posted by splashies
    I was wondering when you were going to strike,as I have been following you,made anice £131 profit on the last bet!
    Thank you!
    I shall carry on following you!
  • edited February 2013
    Buggar Buggar Buggar!!! Came 20th in this weeks Fantasy Comp..... Wonder if u get 2 picks at the end of season gig if u manage to snare a top 10 twice?? Could have/should have etc.. But nearly put Gonzo in my team, would have made all the difference.
  • edited February 2013
    Buggar Buggar Buggar!!! Came 20th in this weeks Fantasy Comp..... Wonder if u get 2 picks at the end of season gig if u manage to snare a top 10 twice?? Could have/should have etc.. But nearly put Gonzo in my team, would have made all the difference.
    Posted by joesman1
    I saw this earlier. WD again!

You guys are starting to leave me behind, I think I'm going to have to go for speculative players and hope they get an unlikley win! Clearly backing the favourites hasn't done me any favours.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (WGC Accenture Matchplay) Year Profit: -72.5pts : I was wondering when you were going to strike,as I have been following you,made anice £131 profit on the last bet! Thank you! I shall carry on following you!
    Posted by wynne1938

Thanks Wynne. Thanks for sticking with me and I'm glad you got a nice return.

Will post this weeks picks in a bit.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (WGC Accenture Matchplay) Year Profit: -72.5pts : I saw this earlier. WD again! You guys are starting to leave me behind, I think I'm going to have to go for speculative players and hope they get an unlikley win! Clearly backing the favourites hasn't done me any favours.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Howdy Charles, I did that last week a bit. Going left field and putting Lowrey in, thinking lots would be on Mclroy. Also Lynne, though that one failed. Putting in a couple of speculative selections defo the way to go. This weeks a bit of a repeat of the African Open 2 weeks ago. Poor field dominated by South Africans. 
  • edited February 2013
    Yeah I've had a mooch throuh the field and got an idea who I'm going to go with. I just wish Skybet would hurry up with the Honda classic market so I can waste more money on the doubles.
  • edited February 2013
    PGA Tour - Honda Classic

Apparantly the wind will get up this week, so took that in mind along with the previous years form.

Justin Rose 4pts win @ 14/1 (16/1 is out there but too much faffing for me) Rose has finished top 5 in his previous 2 starts here and wont be phased if the wind picks up.

Graeme McDowell 2pts e/w @ 33/1. Picks himself, great wind player. Also has finished top10 in this event for last 2 years.

European Tour - Tshwane Open

Inagural event so no previous course form. Although looking at the card it looks very long. Took this into consideration.

James Kingston 2pts e/w @ 40/1. He's had 4 top 20's in the SA events this year, which suggest his game is almost there. Ranked 11th in Driving distance on tour this year.

Mark Tullo 2pts e/w @ 66/1. 2 top 10's in his last 2 events and sits 4th in driving distance on tour.

4 x 0.5pt e/w Doubles.

Gl all

• edited February 2013
    Unlike Splashies I've got more for current form rather than past course form (Obviously N/A in the Tshwane open).

Tshwane Open

James Kingston 45/1 - £2.50 E/W - Consistent performer lately, and with a weak field has every chance
    Darren Fichardt 25/1 - £3 e/w - Won 2 weeks ago so obviously playing well and his affiliated club is only 20 minutes drive from this course so I'm sure he has played there once or twice in the past!
    Desvonde Botes 80/1 - £2.50 e/w - Again played well last time out in SA and is also local to the area.

Honda Classic

Robert Garrigus - 40/1 - £2.50 e/w
    Charles Howell III - 50/1 - £2.50 e/w

Both for the same reason... They both said in the matchplay they have been playing some of the best golf of their career lately and if it wasn't for 1 or 2 silly decisions they would be contending, so hopefully they will make the right decisions this week!!

Also did 50p e/w doubles
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Northern Trust + Africa Open) Year Profit: -47.5pts:
    funny you say that ive just registered earlier for that too so im still in the 24 hour account validating or watever process so ill join that too thanks, although i dont watch much of the european tour apart from the 'home' tournaments but decided to give it a whirl anyways cheers
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Not sure what's going on with the European tour site. I got an email saying you had asked to join the league, but when I go to accept it your not there and it says at the top I'm not logged in even though I can still change my team fine... Maybe withdraw and add yourself again and see if it works?
  • edited February 2013
    I'll come clean Mr Bell. Father V contacted The European Tour and gave them an insight to your character. As a result, The Committee unaminously voted to deny you access to The Fantasy League. 
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Honda Classic + Tshwane Open) Year Profit: +59.5pts:
    I'll come clean Mr Bell. Father V contacted The European Tour and gave them an insight to your character. As a result, The Committee unaminously voted to deny you access to The Fantasy League. 
    Posted by joesman1

you sod LOL I can pick my own fights with Bell

thank you
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Honda Classic + Tshwane Open) Year Profit: +59.5pts:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Honda Classic + Tshwane Open) Year Profit: +59.5pts : you sod LOL I can pick my own fights with Bell thank you
    Posted by vaigret
    I've been missing your 'spats'. This new found love thing going on between u two is boring. Lol
  • edited February 2013
    Unlike Splashies I've got more for current form rather than past course form (Obviously N/A in the Tshwane open). Tshwane Open James Kingston 45/1 - £2.50 E/W - Consistent performer lately, and with a weak field has every chance Darren Fichardt 25/1 - £3 e/w - Won 2 weeks ago so obviously playing well and his affiliated club is only 20 minutes drive from this course so I'm sure he has played there once or twice in the past! Desvonde Botes 80/1 - £2.50 e/w  - Again played well last time out in SA and is also local to the area. Honda Classic Robert Garrigus - 40/1 - £2.50 e/w Charles Howell III - 50/1 - £2.50 e/w Both for the same reason... They both said in the matchplay they have been playing some of the best golf of their career lately and if it wasn't for 1 or 2 silly decisions they would be contending, so hopefully they will make the right decisions this week!! Also did 50p e/w doubles
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Garrigus has withdrawn from the event, so I have replaced him with some curly haired new comer that goes by the name of Rory McIlroy. He is 12/1 which for him is fantastic value. He didn't even play badly in the matchplay as such. The fact Lowry went 5 under through 4 holes had a lot to do with him losing!

It should of also pushed him to practice a bit more with his new equipment.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Honda Classic + Tshwane Open) Year Profit: +59.5pts : Garrigus has withdrawn from the event, so I have replaced him with some curly haired new comer that goes by the name of Rory McIlroy. He is 12/1 which for him is fantastic value. He didn't even play badly in the matchplay as such. The fact Lowry went 5 under through 4 holes had a lot to do with him losing! It should of also pushed him to practice a bit more with his new equipment.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Never heard of him.