You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited February 2013
    I'm on Ben Kohles @ 300/1 again as well FYI... slowly improving...
  • edited February 2013
    Right this week I fancy one very strongly in Africa, Garth Mulroy, been threatening to win one these past few weeks. 16/1 a very fair price, so had a good punt on him. Received a text from Paddy Power offering 1/4 odds first 6, so banged it on with them. Also done Allan Versfeld and Justin Walters both 80/1 ew, but with Skybet as 14 points bigger than P Power. Just hope neither finishes 6th. 

On to the Honda Classic, Mr Power went a step further here, offering 1/4 odds 1st SEVEN. So done Justin Rose ew at 14/1 with them. Also done Westwood ew at 25/1 with them. 

Finally couldn't resist an ew double Mulroy and Rose. 
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Honda Classic + Tshwane Open) Year Profit: +59.5pts:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Honda Classic + Tshwane Open) Year Profit: +59.5pts : Garrigus has withdrawn from the event, so I have replaced him with some curly haired new comer that goes by the name of Rory McIlroy. He is 12/1 which for him is fantastic value. He didn't even play badly in the matchplay as such. The fact Lowry went 5 under through 4 holes had a lot to do with him losing! It should of also pushed him to practice a bit more with his new equipment.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Wow brave man Charles. Think it will be a case of tailed off again, or bingo for u.
  • edited February 2013
    Firstly well done Splashies, this thread looks so much better with a big + at the end of it!

I missed every shot of the matchplay, but managed to get my losing bets on Schwartzel, Rose and Mcdowell before it started.

On the European fantasy game, I see my unassailable lead from 4 weeks ago is now less than 7,000 Euros, game on!
  • edited February 2013

Tshwane Open

No real course form, a mixture of tour names with not much form, locals with good form and unknowns, for me anyway my selections are more tentative than normal, all ew.

Simon Dyson - 25/1, a bigish name with not too much recent form, this is his first tour event in South Africa for some time, what drew me to him was the fact that he came out to South Africa last week and played a Sunshine Tour' event and finished top 10, so he's blown away the cobwebs, acclimatised himself to South Africa and if on his game he must go close.

Danny Willett - 40/1, Skybet lured me in with their opening price on Willett, I was expecting him to be 25's and was possibly going to swerve past Willett this week, but the odds compiler at Skybet talked me into it. I'm not worried about his two recent missed cuts, he's always been a player capable of starting afresh the next week and in my mind is the best player in the field.

Pablo Larrazabal - 50/1, I considered and felt I should be backing a local, but think the bookies have killed the value for all the obvious players and in doing so have been a bit more generous with some of the more established Europeans. Two time winner Larrazabal has had a quiet start to the season, but he is another that can suddenly find everything clicks into place and if it does, he's a great competitor to watch.

Oliver Bekker gave me a good run for my money at 100/1 in the African Open, but seemed to completely lose his swing on the last day, maybe too much pressure I don't know, he's won this year on the Sunshine Tour, he's 100/1 again, I've not backed him, but will keep my eye on him for a possible in play bet.

John Parry and Tom Lewis are two players at 125/1 with recent good form in patches and will also be on my radar for in play.

• edited February 2013
    Honda Classic

Graeme Mcdowell - 35/1,
    his third tournament of the season, he usually takes a few rounds to really find his feet, never been outstanding in the World Matchplay so QF 1 hole defeat suggests he's heading in the right direction. Good course form, set up and conditions should suit again.

Lee Westwood - 25/1, I've noticed Westwood's odds creeping up in recent weeks and at this venue where he has a good record I think 25/1 is great ew value.

Jonas Blixt - 200/1, The odds compiler's got me on Jonas, I just can't fathom why he should be this big a price. Five top 10's last year including a win in his rookie year and a third in windy Texas. Admittedly he missed the last two cuts, but surely merits more respect from the bookies, maybe I'll regret it come Sunday, but can't be the worst 200/1 shot I've backed.
  • edited February 2013
    Cheers Dart, welcome back and gl, esp with G-Mac :D
  • edited February 2013
    UGHH!

Simon Dyson, ughh!

Well thanks to Simon Dyson, I've panicked and decided to back my 'in running' shortlist before they've run.

I'm on Oliver Bekker 100/1, John Parry 125/1 and Tom lewis 125/1 all ew.

Nice start for Fichardt and Tullo for Flash and Splash, unfortunately for me Dyson was Gash!
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Honda Classic + Tshwane Open) Year Profit: +59.5pts:
    UGHH! Simon Dyson, ughh! Well thanks to Simon Dyson, I've panicked and decided to back my 'in running' shortlist before they've run. I'm on Oliver Bekker 100/1, John Parry 125/1 and Tom lewis 125/1 all ew. Nice start for Fichardt and Tullo for Flash and Splash, unfortunately for me Dyson was Gash!
    Posted by TheDart
    Early days early days!

It was looking fan-daby-dozy when Desvonde my 80/1 shot went birdie birdie and was -2 through 2 holes... But then a bogey on the 3rd put it back to normal. lol
  • edited February 2013
    All 1st round leader only - main pick HARRIS ENGLISH 5 e/w 80/1 , 

Also GMAc win single 33/1 an rest 2 quid e/w ticklers on TOM GILLIS 125/1, BRIAN HARMON 125/1, TED POTTER JR 80/1, JEFF OVERTON 50/1, TOMMY 2 GLOVES 125/1, RORY SABBATINI 100/1, JERRY KELLY 80/1 
  • edited February 2013
    UGHH! Simon Dyson, ughh! Well thanks to Simon Dyson, I've panicked and decided to back my 'in running' shortlist before they've run. I'm on Oliver Bekker 100/1, John Parry 125/1 and Tom lewis 125/1 all ew. Nice start for Fichardt and Tullo for Flash and Splash, unfortunately for me Dyson was Gash!
    Posted by TheDart
    I hope you got on DeLaet as well...
  • edited February 2013
    Frustrating day for Mulroy. Somehow hit the flag and stayed out on one hole. Lipped out twice, then on 17th 1/2 an inch away from saving his par. Steady away start though. Hopefully be 8 under ish after morning start tomorrow. Good start for Fichardt and Flash. As things stand after 9 holes, Rose down to 5/1, though as Flash says, early days. 
  • edited February 2013
    Frustrating day for Mulroy. Somehow hit the flag and stayed out on one hole. Lipped out twice, then on 17th 1/2 an inch away from saving his par. Steady away start though. Hopefully be 8 under ish after morning start tomorrow. Good start for Fichardt and Flash. As things stand after 9 holes, Rose down to 5/1, though as Flash says, early days. 
    Posted by joesman1
    I wanted both the tournaments to stop about 2 hours ago! Fichardt and Howell both leading, could of been a very productive day if that was close of play on Sunday. They will probably both still miss the cut though. lol
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Honda Classic + Tshwane Open) Year Profit: +59.5pts : I hope you got on DeLaet as well...
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Yes I was never going to ignore 200/1.

More importantly for tonight, I made a very late decision, (bet timed at 12.44, event started at 12.45) and backed DeLaet at 130/1 for first round leader.

Currently tied for the lead in the clubhouse, as long he gets a place I'll be in profit for the week :)
  • edited February 2013
    Good work! I was so hopng you hadn't missed the week he has a good one.

Noticed something strange earlier... In-play on DeLaet, Laddies had him at 25/1 and Coral had him at 125/1 ... Nothing quite like consistancy across the bookies. lol
  • edited February 2013
    Looks like a few of us could be in for a good week :D

gl with de laet darty
  • edited February 2013

Well Villegas has put me out of my misery and finished in the lead.

Fair play to Flash and his 300/1 tip Kohles, who is looking very good at the moment.

A few others moving up the leaderboard, just hope DeLaet stays top 5.

I also backed Noh ew at 80/1 for first round leader, so now DeLaet's been pipped I can start willing Noh on a bit more.

As Flash said early days, but plenty of us in with a shout this week.

• edited March 2013
    Crazy how quick things change around in golf! I had already counted and spent my winnings from Fichardt and here he is, starting his second round now 5 shots behind the lead!
  • edited March 2013
    Terrible time for my golfers today. Good job I went for the safe bet and backed the worlds number one wonder kid. ..... Oh wait..
  • edited March 2013
    Terrible time for my golfers today. Good job I went for the safe bet and backed the worlds number one wonder kid. ..... Oh wait..
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Yep. Think he has got major issues. This wisdom tooth excuse is just a smokescreen.
  • edited March 2013
    Yeah lol. Like somebody said to him on Twitter "If I was +7 through 8 I'd have toothache too"
  • edited March 2013
    Wynne, I hope you followed me again this week buddy.

Tullo, Rose and G-Mac all in there.
  • edited March 2013
    Wynne, I hope you followed me again this week buddy. Tullo, Rose and G-Mac all in there.
    Posted by splashies
    Yes Splashie,I have followed you all the way.
    Good luck mate,run good!
  • edited March 2013
    had 5er e/w on TOM GILLIS yday at 80/1 , another solid round, 68 this time. but you can astill get 50/1 in places but im happy. will also look at BRANDEN GRACE 40/1 , threw away 5 yday after doubling and trebling turning for home but did well not to fall apart and got 2 (and should have been more) shots back. if the wind gets up am i right in thinking this will suit?? 
  • edited March 2013
    had 5er e/w on TOM GILLIS yday at 80/1 , another solid round, 68 this time. but you can astill get 50/1 in places but im happy. will also look at BRANDEN GRACE 40/1 , threw away 5 yday after doubling and trebling turning for home but did well not to fall apart and got 2 (and should have been more) shots back. if the wind gets up am i right in thinking this will suit?? 
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Id of thought so yeah, he should do better than the Americans anyway. Remember Westwood is up there and he should do well in the wind.
    The thing is though with the PGA national,you need to be so accurate so if the wind does get up it can turn it into a lottery, there's lot's of water out there!!
  • edited March 2013
    Much better day today for Fichardt! I would of been happy if he shot -5. So to go -8 and closing the round with a hat-trick of birdies is fantastic!

Surprised how close it still is at the top though and still loads in contention. Watch out for De Jager. I actually had him selected and in my bet slip at 150/1 due to this being his home course, but then decided I was being too hopeful and took him out for Botes.... Sigh
  • edited March 2013
    Wind you say? Will suit Rose and Gmac perfect. Wp flash, we're both T1 in SA
  • edited March 2013
    Wind you say? Will suit Rose and Gmac perfect. Wp flash, we're both T1 in SA
    Posted by splashies
    Yeah. Makes for a good shootout! With yours being a 66/1 shot you can just have the e/w money I'll take the win. Deal? :-P
  • edited March 2013
    tenner e/w on Grace at 40's and bogeys second. which to be fair is 2 better than yday and 4 better thru 1 and 2!! always the optimist!!  : ) 
  • edited March 2013
    Well bit of a downer for both of us there, UL on Tullo, I was playing golf myself so didn't see any of it, but looked like it was going to play for the first few holes! I got a few quid back for Fichardt, but hopefully Howell will at least get a top 5 tonight and get some money returned in the e/w double. GL with your bets tonight and also Dart with DeLaet!