You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Honda Classic + Tshwane Open) Year Profit: +59.5pts:
    Well bit of a downer for both of us there, UL on Tullo, I was playing golf myself so didn't see any of it, but looked like it was going to play for the first few holes! I got a few quid back for Fichardt, but hopefully Howell will at least get a top 5 tonight and get some money returned in the e/w double. GL with your bets tonight and also Dart with DeLaet!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Cheers Flash, DeLaet tied 6th at the moment, I'd be delighted with a place.

I'm also looking for an ew double if Westwood can stay top 5, after Willett managed a share of 5th earlier.

Howell just had a few bad holes but he could still make top 5, there's a long way to go in this tournament!
  • edited March 2013
    Well after getting my hopes up and getting it to -5 and a tie for 4th DeLaet's race is run with a couple of double bogey's. At least he's now assured to be 3 figure odds for his next tournament.

Not going to complain though as his second place on day one at 130/1 more than paid for my faith in DeLaet.

Westwood going backwards as well just fallen into a 7 way tie for 5th, I'm not greedy all I want is a top 5 finish, come on Lee!
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Honda Classic + Tshwane Open) Year Profit: +59.5pts:
    Well after getting my hopes up and getting it to -5 and a tie for 4th DeLaet's race is run with a couple of double bogey's. At least he's now assured to be 3 figure odds for his next tournament. Not going to complain though as his second place on day one at 130/1 more than paid for my faith in DeLaet. Westwood going backwards as well just fallen into a 7 way tie for 5th, I'm not greedy all I want is a top 5 finish, come on Lee!
    Posted by TheDart
    Same for Howell, but he is +7 and so far out of it he might as well get toothache and walk off!
  • edited March 2013
    Sigh double bogey, double bogey and still finishes one shot off a tie for 4th, so close for DeLaet.

Westwood and Gmac also finished one off 4th, so close!
  • edited March 2013
    Was one of those frustrating w/e's for everyone I thinks. For me, Mulroy and Walters left their charge too late. Mulroy doubly annoying as it cost me the ew double with Rose. Rose's birdie on 18th gets me 4/5's of my stake @ 7/2 place. Getting that offer by text off P Power offering 1/4 odds 1st 7 in the Honda helped. Still a losing w/e though. 
  • edited March 2013
    Yeah a disapointing weekend all round then really after the position we were all in on Thursday! Even though Fichardt still got me some E/W money back, like Neil it was still a losing week. :(

Bring on the WGC!
  • edited March 2013
    What's everyone's first thoughs on the Cadillac? Straight away I am drawn to Westwood for his good reent form, but then looking at past course form, well he hasn't got any... Finishing no closer than 10 shots behind in the past 3 years.
    If you go with course form it looks like Kuchar, but he won his last tournament and it's very rare for a player to do back-to-backs, so I think that might rule him out...
    Longer shots, I am very tempted by Peter Hanson, 4th last year and a good week last week, but Sky only have him at 50/1 where some have him at 66/1.
    Other longshot may be Donaldson, as this is a long course similar to where he won the ABU Dhabi chmaps but he seems to have lost his way in the last few weeks, so that might not be a good bet.

Any ideas? I'm a bit stuck here...
  • edited March 2013
    What's everyone's first thoughs on the Cadillac? Straight away I am drawn to Westwood for his good reent form, but then looking at past course form, well he hasn't got any... Finishing no closer than 10 shots behind in the past 3 years. If you go with course form it looks like Kuchar, but he won his last tournament and it's very rare for a player to do back-to-backs, so I think that might rule him out... Longer shots, I am very tempted by Peter Hanson, 4th last year and a good week last week, but Sky only have him at 50/1 where some have him at 66/1. Other longshot may be Donaldson, as this is a long course similar to where he won the ABU Dhabi chmaps but he seems to have lost his way in the last few weeks, so that might not be a good bet. Any ideas? I'm a bit stuck here...
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Before I even look at the betting etc Charles, I had Westwood in mind. He looked to be getting into the groove last week. I'll have a proper look tonight when free from work etc. Oh and are you having a secret sexual relationship with Donaldson?? lol...

Ps. I'm right on Darts toes now, just 6 spots behind him after a 400 and something finish last week.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Honda Classic + Tshwane Open) Year Profit: +59.5pts : Before I even look at the betting etc Charles, I had Westwood in mind. He looked to be getting into the groove last week. I'll have a proper look tonight when free from work etc. Oh and are you having a secret sexual relationship with Donaldson?? lol... Ps. I'm right on Darts toes now, just 6 spots behind him after a 400 and something finish last week.
    Posted by joesman1
    Lol Why do you say that? I only backed him once this season when he won didn't I? 
  • edited March 2013
    Right I've not messed about, I noticed only Boylesports were going 30/1 about Westy, so took it. I'll add another 1/2 selections later on in the week.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Honda Classic + Tshwane Open) Year Profit: +59.5pts : Lol Why do you say that? I only backed him once this season when he won didn't I? 
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Ooooh, could have sworn U have been on him more often than that Charles.
  • edited March 2013
    I've gone early for Peter Hanson ew at 60/1, I've picked up on the same points as Flash, a good 4th last year and a decent performance last week, he lead the field in GIR and proximity to the hole at the Honda Classic and those are some seriously good stats.

I'm anxiously waiting the opening prices for the Peurto Rico Open as this is obviously a weakened field and Graham DeLaet is in the field.

Of course I've got excited about DeLaet at big odds when competing against the best on tour on courses where DeLaet's course experience is less than most, well this week he has course form with a tied 9th last year and coming off a tied 9th at the Honda Classic on a course where he had no previous form.

The fear is that following his performance at the Honda Classic, the bookies may have finally caught up with DeLaet and he could be a mean 25/1 shot this week.
  • edited March 2013
    You might be right, I know I backed him once or twice last year though. I'll probs leave my bets until tomorrow as Skybet seem to push all their odds out a day after putting them on, hopefully I can then get Hanson at 60's
  • edited March 2013
    Yeah, I don't think you will get 200/1 this week on DeLaet. LOL ... Even Ben Kholes started at 24/1 with Betfair!! He is now 35/1, but I will see what the others bring... Boo Weekly looks decent value this week in Puerto Rico with good recent form and experience, but I also noticed James Hahn was not amongst the favourites, and he is having a great rookie year!
  • edited March 2013
    Yes I like James Hahn, I also like Sang-Moon Bae and can see why you've been nibbling at Ben Kholes in recent weeks.

Another player in Peurto Rico I seriously like this week is Matt Jones, he's having his best season for a long time, finished with one of the best rounds of the day at the Honda on Sunday and finished tied 5th in Peurto Rico last year. Betfair are showing 40-1, if I can get 40 - 50/1, Matt Jones will have my kiss of death for value bet of the week.
  • edited March 2013
    Yes very disappointing Sunday for us all. In future I shall not count my chickens before they've hatched.

Anywyay am starting my research now for this weeks events.
  • edited March 2013
    Well I was left scratching my head trying to decide on picks for the Puerto Rico Open. I would just be stabbing in the dark really in this event, so I've decided to leave it alone and use my weekly budget all on the WGC Cadillac.

WGC Cadillac

Emphasis this week is finding players with excellent short games and in particular putting.

Matt Kuchar 3pts e/w @ 20/1. Finished top 8 or better in this event for 3 years running. Fresh off a recent win :D:D and has the short game skills to do well again this week.

Phil Mickelson 3pts e/w @ 25/1. Should do well this week with wide landing areas off the tee and his excellent short game.

Padraig Harrington 2pts e/w @ 66/1. Finished 3rd and 10th in his last two visits. A master around the greens.

Freddie Jacobson 2pts e/w @ 66/1. He leads this field in the "strokes gained-putting" category this year. 

Gl all.
  • edited March 2013
    I'm considering a tenuous 'Flash Flush Double'......

Charl Schwartzel and Jeff Overton ;

Easy to make strong cases for these two this week.
  • edited March 2013
    OK after much choping and changing in my mind I've finally done the deed.

WGC

Westwood £4 win only @28/1
    Bubba £4 Win only @ 30/1
    Peter Hanson £3 e/w @ 50/1

Puerto Rico

Boo Weekly - £3 e/w @ 40/1
    Ben Kohles - £3 e/w @ 80/1

50p e/w doubles.

Decided to go with Boo instead of James Hahn this week as Boo had a good result here last year and after looking at his form he did that off a load of missed cuts. This year he has had far better performances, so if he can take it into a tournament where he obviously does well then he could go seriously low! Might regret it, but I can't back everyone. lol

• edited March 2013
    Don't forget to do your fantasy teams! I noticed a couple of you forgot to do the PGA tour one last week.
  • edited March 2013
    Peurto Rico Open

Matt Jones - 50/1, bookmakers had Matt Jones priced up between 25/1 and 50/1, which is perhaps a reflection of the lack of big name winners in this event, so the bookmakers don't know which way to turn. Jones finished with the low round of the day Sunday at the Honda Classic, came 5th in this event last year and has been playing consistently solid golf for the last 6 months, good opportunity for Jones this week and at 50/1 excellent value.

Graham DeLaet - 33/1, tied 9th last week despite two double bogeys in his final round, tied 9th in this event last year, I could go on, but I will summarise by saying he is getting closer to his debut win on tour and considering the weaker field, this week must be his best chance yet, pity about the odds though.

WGC

Graeme Mcdowell - 40/1,
    ticks enough of the right boxes, current form, good stats, decent course form and my favourite golfer, so at 40/1 I'm on!

Peter Hanson - 60/1,I get the impression that Hanson has got at least one WGC or major in him, good performance last week including topping some of the more serious stats and a good 4th place in this event last year, great ew value.

I've also done had ew doubles on these.

I'm going to study a little more later, to sniff out a couple of big prices that might give me a run for my money in the WGC
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Puerto Rico Open + WGC Cadillac) Year Profit: +39.5pts:
    Peurto Rico Open Matt Jones - 50/1, bookmakers had Matt Jones priced up between 25/1 and 50/1, which is perhaps a reflection of the lack of big name winners in this event, so the bookmakers don't know which way to turn. Jones finished with the low round of the day Sunday at the Honda Classic, came 5th in this event last year and has been playing consistently solid golf for the last 6 months, good opportunity for Jones this week and at 50/1 excellent value. Graham DeLaet - 33/1, tied 9th last week despite two double bogeys in his final round, tied 9th in this event last year, I could go on, but I will summarise by saying he is getting closer to his debut win on tour and considering the weaker field, this week must be his best chance yet, pity about the odds though. WGC Graeme Mcdowell - 40/1, ticks enough of the right boxes, current form, good stats, decent course form and my favourite golfer, so at 40/1 I'm on! Peter Hanson - 60/1, I get the impression that Hanson has got at least one WGC or major in him, good performance last week including topping some of the more serious stats and a good 4th place in this even last year, great ew value. I've also done had ew doubles on these. I'm going to study a little more later, to sniff out a couple of big prices that might give me a run for my money in the WGC
    Posted by TheDart
    I think you will have a better chance of sniffing out a big price in Puerto Rico. I'd go as far as to say we know more than the bookies this week! Their odds are all over the place, there must be some serious value out there that we have left alone. I might try and pick out a couple of biggies I can £1 e/w with.

They seem to pretty much know the score for the WGC players.
  • edited March 2013
    I think you are probably right regarding the real value being in Peurto Rico Flash, as ,much as anything I was thinking about tv viewing time for adding a couple of players in the WGC.

I am actually quite confident about my 2 picks in Peruto Rico but I love a challenge, so I'll also see what I can turn up on the 3 digit value bets.
  • edited March 2013
    Right as already stated Westwood ew 30/1. Now added like everyone else it seems, Hanson ew 50/1 (seems all the 60's has gone). And finally Schwartzel win only 16/1. 

As for the Puerto Rico, just the one selection as it doesn't float my boat as much when not on TV. Jeff Overton 28/1 win only. He showed a return to form last week. 

Gl everyone
  • edited March 2013
    Sniffing in Puerto Rico complete and I've come up with a 110/1 shot!

James Driscoll - 110/1, Driscoll is as low as 50/1 with one bookmaker, but generally 80/1 - 100/1. He's played around 190 tournaments on tour without a win, though has lost a couple of play offs.

The positives - He shares the course record in Puerto Rico, was actually 11 under after 14 holes and threatening a 59, this was in 2011 where he tied the lead after 2 days, but had a poor weekend. This venue is on the coast and wind is usually a factor, Driscoll's best results have come in windy conditions, he has top 10 finishes at a number of windy venues, including a play off defeat in Texas and a tied 9th this year at Pebble Beach (can't remember if wind was a big factor this year, but nice bit of recent form). If he has shown good form on a particular course, he seems to be able to repeat that form. His only professional win came on the Web.com tour in the Virginia Beach Open, which I am guessing was a coastal course and had a bit of wind blowing.

I'm doubling James Driscoll with a WGC long shot....

Brendan Grace - 100/1, made his debut in the event last year, got off to a shocker with a 78, but played the next 3 rounds in 10 under, which included an 8 under par 64.  Mixed results this year, including a really up and down performance last week, looked like he was going to have a shot at winning after 2 days, but a disastrous weekend that climaxed with an 81 on the final day, hence I am sure the reason why he's at 3 figures and pretty friendless in the markets this week. If he know's what went wrong last weekend and put's it right for Thursday morning, I reckon 100/1 is a bargain!

Good Luck everyone!
  • edited March 2013
    i was just going to do £5e/w Brandon Grace in WGC Cadillac 1st round market at 80/1 so after seeing above post its an omen and ill stick the same on James Driscoll at 80/1 1st round and the double £1 e/w!! and i owe dart a vurtual pint if driscoll goes low tomorrow! 
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Puerto Rico Open + WGC Cadillac) Year Profit: +39.5pts:
    i was just going to do £5e/w Brandon Grace in WGC Cadillac 1st round market at 80/1 so after seeing above post its an omen and ill stick the same on James Driscoll at 80/1 1st round and the double £1 e/w!! and i owe dart a vurtual pint if driscoll goes low tomorrow
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Driscoll just became my number one hope for the week!

Good Luck Bell, lets hope we can top up your Cheltenham fund!
  • edited March 2013
    I've added a couple of players to my weekly portfolio...

An old favourite of mine Angel Cabrera at 50/1 in Peurto Rico and a player I said I would back every week in 2013 until he wins, George Coetzee 100/1.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Puerto Rico Open + WGC Cadillac) Year Profit: +39.5pts : Driscoll just became my number one hope for the week! Good Luck Bell, lets hope we can top up your Cheltenham fund!
    Posted by TheDart
    hahhaha cheers mate it needs topped up slightly belive me!!! glad you finally got on DeLaet for 1st round last week itd hav been bad if u werent considerin u put him up all of last season and was no doubt availble at the 125 - 150/1 mark! 

also stuck in Michael Bradley 50/1 and Furyk 50/1 with the other 2 in 4 x 50p e/w doubles 1st round only. bradley widely available 80/1 but maybe the magic sign know something?! ex winner so he'll do for me. 

and £5 e/w furyk in Florida 

good luck
  • edited March 2013

Yes Bell, DeLaet did the business for me (each way anyway), on first round leader last week.

I know you like the first round leader bets, can't say I do really, though after last week I felt I had to back DeLaet again, no 130/1 this week I got 40/1 ew , I'm also on Matt Jones first round leader at 40/1 ew, then I added Driscoll at 80/1.

Bradley's an interesting pick and looks like he's off to a decent start, so you might get a good run for your money with him.

I just checked the leaderboard and am afraid even par after 7 holes, 5 off the lead, means Driscoll looks highly unlikely to be leading at the end of day 1.