You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Lets be honest, Schwartzel lost it. He was 11 under with 4 holes still to play in his 2nd round on Friday. He only finished on 10 under. He missed 2 tiddly birdie putts today that he would normally get with his eyes shut. 
  • edited March 2013
    :-(

I should of known. I can't pick a winner on the European tour for toffee! Hopefully my +EV PGA tour stats will improve a bit more tonight though!
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Arnold Palmer + Malaysian Open) Year Profit: +15.81pts:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Arnold Palmer + Malaysian Open) Year Profit: +15.81pts : How r u doing with your bet?
    Posted by wynne1938
    Schwartzel came 4th (Win only) and Larrazabel finished 6th (Needed top 5). I don't think the PGA tour picks are in contention either I'm afraid
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Arnold Palmer + Malaysian Open) Year Profit: +15.81pts:
    Sighhhhhhhhh Schwartzel birdie on the 18th cost me a place finish for Pablo who finished 6th. Talk about run bad. We havent won a penny this week Wynne :( I've had a decent fantasy week though.
    Posted by splashies
    Wd on your 118th place this week
  • edited March 2013
    I see your now inside the top 100 now Neil! That's some bloody good going.
  • edited March 2013
    I see your now inside the top 100 now Neil! That's some bloody good going.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Yeah thanks Charles, any week u miss the winner I think u are guaranteed to drop hundreds of places. Have u any idea how many are in it??

Going back to my footy/Athibarnrat acca..... Watching Soccer Saturday it seemed only a matter of time before your boys were gonna score. Why do u leave your top scorer on the bench??
  • edited March 2013
    Sighhhhhhhhh Schwartzel birdie on the 18th cost me a place finish for Pablo who finished 6th. Talk about run bad. We havent won a penny this week Wynne :( I've had a decent fantasy week though.
    Posted by splashies
    Never mind!

If at first we don't succeed, try and try again!
  • edited March 2013
    He tends to come on as sub quite often. The only reason he is top scorer, is because when we played Pompey he came on as a 60 minute sub and scored 4 goals! So that kind of helps.

We were all over them and should of scored a couple, but on the flip side County did hit the bar with 5 minutes left but overall we deffo should of won!

Well I didn't think I was having a terrible season and I'm outside the top 2000! Splashies is outside the top 6000 so I'd say actually active members that change their team pretty much every week there must be about 10,000. So I'd say your inside the top 1%
  • edited March 2013
    How do you guys pick your European Tour players? I seem to have a good record on the PGA tour both this year and last, but when it comes to the European tour I can't pick a winner to save my life!
  • edited March 2013
    How do you guys pick your European Tour players? I seem to have a good record on the PGA tour both this year and last, but when it comes to the European tour I can't pick a winner to save my life!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I use the "stats" and "form" pages on www.golfbettingsystem.co.uk to pick my bets on both tours.

They put their own in-depth tips on there late on Tuesday too but that's too late for me to wait.
  • edited March 2013
    Well done Tiger. He handles the pressure so well!

Nice little return as I bet larger than usual on him. It leaves me just under £100 profit on the PGA tour this year, but just over £100 down on the European tour. Along with the £60 down on doubles I'm struggling a bit this year, but had some pretty close calls this year so not miles away...
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Arnold Palmer + Malaysian Open) Year Profit: +15.81pts : I use the "stats" and "form" pages on www.golfbettingsystem.co.uk to pick my bets on both tours. They put their own in-depth tips on there late on Tuesday too but that's too late for me to wait.
    Posted by splashies
    Thanks for that mate. Not saying I'm a pro, (far from it) but with the PGA tour I'm in profit so 'if it aint broke' and all that... But as for the European tour I'll deffo give their tips the eye and I may follow them with it.
  • edited March 2013
    Posted by FlashFlush
    As for my picks, I look at the type of player who has succeeded at the venue before, (Power/Accuracy/Touch). I look at the players past record at the venue. Recent form. Where they have travelled from the previous week. And plenty of gut instinct.
  • edited March 2013
    Wish the bookies would hurry up and put up their Shell Houston markets. Only Paddy P have done so far.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Arnold Palmer + Malaysian Open) Year Profit: +15.81pts : As for my picks, I look at the type of player who has succeeded at the venue before, (Power/Accuracy/Touch). I look at the players past record at the venue. Recent form. Where they have travelled from the previous week. And plenty of gut instinct.
    Posted by joesman1
    I think this is where I go wrong. But what sort of stats am I looking for? if it's a long course with wide fairways then obviously your looking for a bomber, but if it's a short course surely that's not a bad thing for bombers because they get a lot shorter shots...

There doesn't seem to be a lot of stats available on the European tour site, unlike the PGA where you get tonnes.
  • edited March 2013
    Well done Tiger. He handles the pressure so well! Nice little return as I bet larger than usual on him. It leaves me just under £100 profit on the PGA tour this year, but just over £100 down on the European tour. Along with the £60 down on doubles I'm struggling a bit this year, but had some pretty close calls this year so not miles away...
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Wd Charles. Grrrr why did I talk myself out of backing him win only and doing Mickleson without him instead?? Still spitting feathers over Schwartzel.
  • edited March 2013
    Another week, another fav that surely can't win on the European Tour. Molinari still in Florida, and not possible to arrive in Morocco til Weds. 
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Shell Houston + Trophee Hassan II) Year Profit: -17.19pts:
    Another week, another fav that surely can't win on the European Tour. Molinari still in Florida, and not possible to arrive in Morocco til Weds. 
    Posted by joesman1
    His brother could be interesting though... Decent result here last year and 2nd at the weekend. Not one I'm looking at going for though, as that's pretty much his 1st cut all year (maybe exaggerating slightly) but between 25/1 and 30/1 is a bit short..??

EDIT: Geography was never my strong point, but I've just seen how far away Malaysia is from Morocco! I'm tempted to only back players that didn't play at the weekend simply because the time difference is 8 hours, and that's got to seriously mess with the body clock....
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Shell Houston + Trophee Hassan II) Year Profit: -17.19pts:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Shell Houston + Trophee Hassan II) Year Profit: -17.19pts : His brother could be interesting though... Decent result here last year and 2nd at the weekend. Not one I'm looking at going for though, as that's pretty much his 1st cut all year (maybe exaggerating slightly) but between 25/1 and 30/1 is a bit short..?? EDIT: Geography was never my strong point, but I've just seen how far away Malaysia is from Morocco! I'm tempted to only back players that didn't play at the weekend simply because the time difference is 8 hours, and that's got to seriously mess with the body clock....
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Can't argue with that Charles. That's 8 hours plus approx 24 hours to get there with changing in London (probably). Plus the climate and MORE importantly the greens totally different. But also agree re Molinari, did play well last week and finally hitting form after his wrist injury (u are correct 1st cut made this year). So I'm gonna have a small bet on him as a saver, and decide my main bets tonight. 
  • edited March 2013
    My initial thoughts were Mikko Ilonen and David Howell. But now with my change of thought I'm lookin at Magnus Carlsson and Andy Sullivan... How do you think their strengths/weaknesses would fair on this course?
  • edited March 2013
    Trophee Hassan II

Pablo Larrazabal 2pts e/w @ 28/1. Will be my 3rd and final week with Pablo. So close last week and had there been a 4th Round, who knows what wud have happened. He also notched a 9th place here last year.

Edoardo Molinari 2pts e/w @ 33/1. Superb 2nd place last week and came 6th here last year, so hopefully we've got him while he's hot.

Shell Houston

Keegan Bradley 4pts win @ 16/1. Excellent 3rd place last week and came 4th here last year, so that ticks enough boxes for me.

Graeme Delaet 2pts e/w @ 100/1. This pick is purely for Darty. A few weeks ago he told us to pick him this week.

4 0.5pt e/w Doubles
  • edited March 2013
    I wondered if anyone would go for De Laet. lol
  • edited March 2013
    I wondered if anyone would go for De Laet. lol
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Come on flash join in with the fun and back him too.
  • edited March 2013
    66/1 with Sky!! Most people offer 80 and you got 100... I'm tempted to e/w 1st round though
  • edited March 2013
    66/1 with Sky!! Most people offer 80 and you got 100... I'm tempted to e/w 1st round though
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Yeh i got 100/1 with PaddyP at 7am this morning before work. I always try and get in early.

• edited March 2013
    I noticed in the past Sky seem to start low and work back upwards, but this week the one's I've been looking at are getting cut :(. I suppose that's a good sign..
  • edited March 2013
    Well I'm giving myself 1 last chance on the European tour. If I fail again this week I'll have to start taking that sites tips... After taking so long looking at all the players and thinking everything through, I'd be crazy to then go with the sites tips.

Trophee Hassan

Magnus A Carlsson - 50/1

Andy Sullivan - 40/1

Shell Houston

Keegan Bradley - 12/1

Bill Haas - 40/1

Ben Kohles - 100/1

1st round leader 60/1 De Laet. I got a free bet so £2.50 e/w
  • edited March 2013
    Gl mate. I've always liked Carlsson, backed him a few times last year and came close.

Keegan ftw!
  • edited March 2013
    My initial thoughts were Mikko Ilonen and David Howell. But now with my change of thought I'm lookin at Magnus Carlsson and Andy Sullivan... How do you think their strengths/weaknesses would fair on this course?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    This course is all about accuracy. It's very tight and short. Carlsson fits that profile perfectly. He didn't miss a cut in 23 attempts on the main and challenge tour last year, very consistent. Illonen and Sullivan both performed well ish here last year, so good picks. 
  • edited March 2013
    My main bet this week is David Horsey ew. I think 33/1 is excellent value for a player who won this event 2 years ago, and played well again to finish 14th in his defence. Next is Peter Lawrie ew at 50/1. He played steadily to finish 11th last week, his 1st tournament for a while, so will be fresh. They are both short, neat, accurate players, who fit the bill for this course. Finally a smaller ew bet on Eduardo Molinari at 30/1 (can't see that lasting too long with bet365). As Flash etc have said, good course form, and back in the groove last week.