You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Valero Texas Open) Year Profit: -31.19pts:
    What a story a Marcel Siem win would make. Won last week, people were saying he had done enough to get in the top 50 world rankings for qualification into The Masters, he eventually finished 51st missing out by 0.3 points. Then traveled to the States on Monday thanks to a late sponsors invitation. Has to win to get in The Masters and is now one off the lead with & to play, come on Marcel!
    Posted by TheDart
    Next hole and he gets a triple bogey:(

I told you this messageboard is jinxed, jinxed I tell you!!!
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Valero Texas Open) Year Profit: -31.19pts:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Valero Texas Open) Year Profit: -31.19pts : Next hole and he gets a triple bogey:( I told you this messageboard is jinxed, jinxed I tell you!!!
    Posted by TheDart

lol,this is why I stopped posting my picks.Had 4 winners since I stopped:) 
    (although probably will for the Masters cos do miss it)
  • edited April 2013

Still going to be a great finish, as Bell said fair play to Laird, he's given himself a great chance.

I have one player still in the running but as stated on Friday morning I'm not naming him to save him from the messageboard jinx!

Also, I suppose Padraig still has an outside chance of top 5.

• edited April 2013
    I reckon I know who you have gone for
  • edited April 2013
    I reckon I know who you have gone for
    Posted by FlashFlush
    shhhh!
  • edited April 2013
    lol yeah we failry put the mockers on poor Marcel!!!  good luck with the phantom bet dart, does he rhyme with silly korschel????? 
  • edited April 2013
    if its a form pick yes, if its difficult courses pick like padraig its grim shuryk 
  • edited April 2013
    I think his first name is known as a whiskey...
  • edited April 2013
    I was on Billy Horschel ew at 66/1, no complaints really as that was an incredible performance by Martin Laird.

I'll post my ante post bets on The Masters tomorrow.

With Tiger and Rory hitting form, I think any further bets I have will be in a without the favourites market or at least a bookmaker paying first 6 places.
  • edited April 2013
    Wd Dart. Also yay wd Rory. With him hitting a bit of form Tiger gonna drift a bit. P Power already pushed him out to 4/1. So u can now back him ew with them knowing as long as he is in the top 6 u get your money back. Last 2 years he has played (2010/2011) whilst out of form/injured he has still managed a top 6 at Augusta. He is defo my main pick on those terms. Also backing Dustin Johnson + 1 other in the w/o Woods market when it's up. Hanson Top European (got a feeling Americans will dominate this week, so that's why I'm going that route with him). Then il look at the Top Debutant market. One other thing, there are always quite a few soft 3 ball matches due to ex winners, special invites, etc etc, so I'll be looking closely at them.
  • edited April 2013
    [QUOTE]i did say the last i checked and yes, the pplace (2 ps a clue) was where he was 100's only last week and i did see after i put this up he is now 80's top price across the board as well as 66/1 in places so have missed the boat somewhat but still very backable at 80/1 .  any1 know how these twitter special bets work on skybet?? do u just tweet requesting a specially designed bet then they price it up for you and lay it? id like stenson and hanson top 5 finish incl ties. they go keegster and ricky 80/1 same bet so id be looking closer to 200 odd for my shout that would be lovely tbh maybe all the regulars on here should have a bash and see if skybet will lay them? the stenson/hanson top 5 one would be mine for sure 
    Posted by BELL_POKER

Still 100/1 with youwin.com.....not a company I currently have an account with (or really even heard of) but oddschecker.com now show there odds so look reliable.
  • edited April 2013
    Does anyone use 'youwin'? I've seen them on oddschecker befoe and they seem to always have the best odds, and sometimes by a huge margin, wasn't sure if they have some qwerky little small print thing going on.
  • edited April 2013
    I wasn't sure whether to back Hanson after he shot +6 on Saturday!! But he had a good round yesterday and think he shot a 4 or 5 under. So I'm tempted to go with him again for e/w value. As I've said before Louis is my main pick this week, 2nd last year, has the game for Augusta and is just starting to come back to form at the right time. Will probably put a bit of Johnson as well, and he seems to be getting tipped a lot, the only trouble with him, is Augusta needs good scrambling skills, and he ummm well doesn't have any!
  • edited April 2013
    Does anyone use 'youwin'? I've seen them on oddschecker befoe and they seem to always have the best odds, and sometimes by a huge margin, wasn't sure if they have some qwerky little small print thing going on.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Not used them myself or looked at them in any great depth, though I think the small print or the big difference is, you can only back 'win' no ew options with Youwin and a few others like them.

• edited April 2013
    Flash I noticed Hanson is 66/1 without Woods with one bookmaker this morning, might be worth considering?

As Joesman1 said very difficult to see Woods not finishing top 5, so on that presumption you are backing Hanson ew 6 places and if he managed to finish 2nd to Woods, you are getting a 66/1 winner!
  • edited April 2013
    US Masters Ante Post Bets in place

I tend to approach the majors by building up a 'portfolio' of players, the theory being if I get it right with the ante post bets it gives me the opportunity to 'spread' my money a little further.

All ew first 5, I'm on:

Dustin Johnson - 40/1
    Brandt Snedeker - 66/1
    Graeme Mcdowell - 66/1
    Henrik Stenson - 80/1
    Peter Hansosn - 100/1

I'm waiting to strike on Nick Watney, he's drifting at the moment and this morning has been pushed out to 60/1 by a few bookmakers, I'm waiting for a minimum of 66/1 and / or ew 6 places and also hoping to find 50/1 in a without Woods market.

Then I will be adding to my list as the urge takes me.
  • edited April 2013
    Bets I've done so far for the Masters, don't want to do too many so this might be all of them...

1st round leader

Bill Haas: 60/1 - I wouldn't back him to win the whole thing, but he is a player that can really get birdie runs going, so if he does that in the 1st round 60/1 could be a steal.

Louis Oosthuizen 28/1 - Originally was meant to be a bet w/o Woods/McIlroy or Mickelson, but I put him as 1st round leader by accident...

W/O Woods, Mcilroy or Mickelson

Hanson - 40/1 - Just needs to not put in 1 of his bad rounds like he did Saturday and he could be up there.

Outright

Louis Oosthuizen - 28/1 - Got the game for it, coming back into form, just needs to go 1 better than last year.

Peter Hanson - 80/1 - Same as what I wrote above

Dustin Johnson - 33/1 - Certainly has the power to make the approach shots a little easier, his scrambling worries me if he does miss, but hopefully he won't have to use that part of his game too much!
  • edited April 2013
    Bubba Watson out to 40/1?

I don't quite understand why last years winner, Watson should be friendless and out to 40/1, his form this season isn't bad and quite comparable to his results leading up to last years Masters.

On the other hand you've got last years runner up Oosthuizen at a best price 28/1?

I agree Oosthuizen has all the credentials to win a green jacket, but his form has been far from spectacular this year, though I also agree with Flash that he could well be coming into form at the right time, but why shorter than Watson?

Is it down to the support of Flash's money or am I missing something?

Anyway I've backed Bubba Watson ew at 33/1 without Tiger Woods.

• edited April 2013
    It probs the 10k I put on Oosthuizen ;-)

Although Bubba has won the Masters, and has a good world ranking I think he is still under-rated due to his 'homemade' swing. I think a lot of people saw his win as a fairytale win. His huge draws and fades make him look very unreliable, but he actually is pretty accurate off the tee for his length. He has just as much chance as anyone else, but how often do you see players win a certain major 2 years running? The likes of Woods, Jack Nickolas etc.. I wouldn't put Bubba in that category yet!

He is going to have a lot of media work/pressure to deal with this week, which he didn't have last year, and that could well be a factor.
  • edited April 2013
    I may tickle kevin streelman and cink for 1st round but my main ones r most def van pelt, hanson and stenson

Thanks for the heads up on the firm paying 100/1 I'd noticed them also but readily discounted on the basis I need another online betting account like I need a hole on the head!

Waiting on the par 3 odds also I'll have a little tickle in That

Must admit I'm gettin pretty excited about it now!! The open, the masters and the players in that order for me!! Really hard to beat 
  • edited April 2013
    Right been away for a few days, so didn't see any of the weekend golf unfortunately. Sounds like it was a cracker!

My bets for the Masters were all done last week, so here's a recap.

Dustin Johnson 5pts e/w @ 40/1.
    Matt Kuchar 5pts e/w @ 33/1
    Jason Dufner 5pts e/w @ 66/1.

I cannot bloomin' wait for this!

Gl all.

• edited April 2013
    It probs the 10k I put on Oosthuizen ;-) Although Bubba has won the Masters, and has a good world ranking I think he is still under-rated due to his 'homemade' swing. I think a lot of people saw his win as a fairytale win. His huge draws and fades make him look very unreliable, but he actually is pretty accurate off the tee for his length. He has just as much chance as anyone else, but how often do you see players win a certain major 2 years running? The likes of Woods, Jack Nickolas etc.. I wouldn't put Bubba in that category yet! He is going to have a lot of media work/pressure to deal with this week, which he didn't have last year, and that could well be a factor.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    +1 . He will have to get up earlier and finish later due to media obligations whereas other players prefer to come in under the radar w/o the added pressure.

Just seen someones bets on FB where theyve got Bjorn at 150/1 . He,s 419/1 on the exchanges

Ps - I do have an account with youwin but haven,t used it in about 2 years. I had an enquiry about something and after 2 emails they never got back to me so haven,t used them since. I,m not 100% sure but you may need to provide ID detais - passport, bill and credit/debit card details for withdrawing

EDIT : Although its early i,ll also be keeping an eye on the Sports personality of the year on Sunday - or even Saturday if Mcllroy takes a big lead again - He,s currently 11 and a 1/2 -1 , but that will soon change on Sunday night if he wins
  • edited April 2013
    The extra media attention can be a concern and in recent years it does appear that defending champions have struggled the following year, in fact that last person to win back to back Masters was some bloke called Faldo.

Whilst I agree Bubba is not in the same bracket as the games greats, I do think he is a little bit special and pretty smart on the quiet, I read an interview where he discusses handling the distractions of being a major champion and think he will arrive ready and able to put up a decent defence this week.

I loved his response to the media asking to know what would be on the menu for the Champions dinner on Tuesday, 'Ther's gonna be food' was Bubba's official reply :)

He's not one of my main bets's but at 33/1 without Woods or 40/1 outright I'm happy to have Bubba Watson in my Master 2013 portfolio.
  • edited April 2013
    Right been away for a few days, so didn't see any of the weekend golf unfortunately. Sounds like it was a cracker! My bets for the Masters were all done last week, so here's a recap. Dustin Johnson 5pts e/w @ 40/1. Matt Kuchar 5pts e/w @ 33/1 Jason Dufner 5pts e/w @ 66/1. I cannot bloomin' wait for this! Gl all.
    Posted by splashies
    +1 Feeling lucky!
  • edited April 2013
    done me golf bets lee westwood 25s matt kuchar 33s padraig harrington 60s and brandon grace 200 to1 have had the last 2 winners of the masters heres hoping for 3rd time lucky all bets £2 each way
  • edited April 2013
    Bubba Watson 40/1 £10ew
    Dustin Johnson 33/1 £10ew
    Ian Poulter 50/1 £10ew
    Jim Furyk 80/1 £10ew
    Tim Clark 225/1 £5ew
    Martin Kaymer 125/1 £5ew
  • edited April 2013
    Just had another look at the w/o Woods, McIlroy and Mickelson market on Sky and I've realised how much value there is in there.

I've gone for Freddie Jac 70/1. They are only doing 5 places instead of the 6 by PP, but still great value.
  • edited April 2013
    Don't forget your European tour picks as well as PGA. A lot of money/points up for grabs, you don't want to miss that.
  • edited April 2013
    Having looked at the favourites and been able to come up with enough 'reasonable doubt' I'm happy with my ante post bets and their respective ew chances.

I'm also happy with my strategy to wait and see with Nick Watney.

He was finally pushed out to 66/1 this morning and like a keyboard gazelle I pounced on the 'select', 'bet' and 'confirm' button!

I really like Watney's chances this year and i've also backed him at 50/1 without Woods and 35/1 without Woods, Mcllroy and Mickleson, all bets ew first 5.

• edited April 2013

To add to the fun I've added a Lucky 15 covering some of the smaller markets:

Top Debutant - Russel Henley - 8/1
    Top GB & Ireland - Lee Westwood - 6/1
    Top Continental European - Henrik Stenson - 5/1
    Top USA without Woods - Nick Watney - 18/1