You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (The MASTERS!!!!) Year Profit: -52.19pts:
    Dufner has eased my Dustin pain for now. 
    Posted by splashies
    +1 (although i ignored all the advive and didn,t back Johnson ( don,t like his putting)

I always worry when i see Dufner preparing to take his shot . He looks like he,s rushing it but he,s doing something right. Like the way he just keeps his head down and gets on with it like he,s in his own little world

I thought Tiger might open up a big lead after the first 9, but its all set for a gr8 day tommrow and pleased to see no-one got to 7 under , keeping the 14 yr old , Guan in despite his 1 shot penalty. Thats gonna be a record that will stand for many years to come

Bets going well - All under par with the exception of Molinari and Poulter who are out (which was a bad bet anyway - didn,t realise skygo was a cpl of minutes behind and thought i was geting good value)

Dufner -3
    Mcclroy -2
    Swarcthel -2
    Haas -1

Still fancy Mcllroy tho - (he was 50/1 after his bad start although i think someone on 3 under out of Woods, Westwood, Rose and Scott are bound to shoot a low round tommorw in the mid-late 60,s

• edited April 2013
    I didn't bet on the national. so I thought I'll bet on afew golfers.
    I didn't study the form but i watch abit of golf though. I have E/W on 4 golfers:
    JASON DUFNER  -3
    MATT KUCHER   -1
    BRANDT SNEDEKER  -4
    STEVE STRICKER -1
    So I've had a good 2 days, they've been up +down up with the leaders +dropped a bit.
    I dont know the prices I got. they were all between  35/1 + 66/1 (1 may have been 80/1)
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (The MASTERS!!!!) Year Profit: -52.19pts:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (The MASTERS!!!!) Year Profit: -52.19pts : Not a bad day for me so far, some right in it and rest not completely out of it D Johnson -5 A Scott -3 Snedeker -2 Rose -2 Mcdowell E Bradley +1 only one that's gone is Laird in the first round leader market! stuck on a last minute one on snedeker too and got some money (£5) from a freeroll i placed in (on paddy p) which i put on rose ew as well. They pay 6 places too. so hopefully he keeps going the way he's going. Need more of the same from Johnson, scott, snedeker and rose. A good day for bradley and mcdowell would be nice to get them back into the hunt. Got a feeling the orgainisers wont have been happy with the low scorng on day 1 and i thnk there really gonna toughen it up today. So anything around the -2 to -4 would be nice from my wee team!! Tournaments simmering nicely with a lot of big names well placed! also starting to get tempted by mcilroy now at 22/1 but too concerned about his putting!
    Posted by jdsallstar

Mixed bag for me on day 2

Snedeker -4
    Scott -3
    Rose -3
    Johnson -1
    Bradley +2 or something
    McDowell cut (my gmac ship is well and truly sunk)

Wish i went with my instinct and fired a bet on mcilroy! Would have been so much happier if Johnson hadn't had his meltdown

• edited April 2013
    If we can get Tiger DQ'd, that would be huuuuuuge.
  • edited April 2013
    Happy with the position of most of my players after day 2, even my old favourite Angel Cabrera is looking good, too far back but I was pleased to see Watney bounce back with a great round, though I could have done without Flash putting the messageboard jinx on Dustin Johnson!

What a great field we have for the weekend, favourites, newbies and I'm especially looking forward to see how the seasoned pro's like Couples, Langer, Lyle, Singh and Olzabal do.

So Bell, with dry weather and firm fast greens forecast for the weekend, what chance Bo Van Pelt making a charge?

7 shots off the lead and available at 400/1 ew first 4, I'm not standing by any longer, Bo' has joined TheDarts Masters 2013 stable!
  • edited April 2013
    Posted by splashies
    I'm on Tiger ew 1st 6, so I've obviously got a vested interest. But ffs how much bad luck can someone have in 9 holes of golf?? He tip toed into the 1st cut of rough 3 times, so couldn't hold for the green, then his 3rd to the 15th, wow!! To use a phrase he is famed for once before at Augusta, "In your life have you ever seen anything like it". Looks like he's gonna be DQ'd.

As for the Amateur, ffs again, only John Parrymore would have done that, he likes being the centre of attention. It was a slow 6 hour round for everybody!! Why o why pick on the 14 year old kid??
  • edited April 2013
    Posted by splashies

From the sound of the pundits on the masters breakfast show he is going to get the boot

• edited April 2013
    What have I missed? What did Tiger do? 

Can't see anything on the PGA tour site but I expect they are all still in bed. Just people of FB saying rules are rules...?? Why might he be getting DQ'd?

EDIT: Never mind I've found it now... Well it all depends on whether he dropped at a different angle to where his last shot was played from. The rules clearly say he can go back as far as he likes as long as he is on the same line the ball entered the hazard. He can go right back to the tee if he wants...
  • edited April 2013
    What have I missed? What did Tiger do?  Can't see anything on the PGA tour site but I expect they are all still in bed. Just people of FB saying rules are rules...?? Why might he be getting DQ'd?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Illegal drop on 15. He opted to play his 5th shot from same place as 3rd shot. But he dropped it 2 yards further back. You can only drop it as far back as you want, if you drop it in line with where it crossed hazard. But he didn't choose this option.

So he should get a 2 shot pen, but as he has already signed his card, means he should be DQ'd.

• edited April 2013
    Lol just seen you got it.
  • edited April 2013
    Posted by splashies
    I didn't understand what you meant earlier, I didn't realise there was an issue.

Rules of golf are harsh, but Tiger clearly satated that he moved 2 yards back to play the next shot.

This was obviously to his advantage and if it was outside the rules, I can't see how he won't be disqualified.

Jim Furyk did the same, but I take it his ruling must be different because his ball didn't cross the hazard?

Big shame if he is disqualified.
  • edited April 2013
    Do you have to actually nominate which option you are taking though? I've never heard anyone say you need to nominate an option... But like you say, if it's not on the same line then yeh it's illegal.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (The MASTERS!!!!) Year Profit: -52.19pts : Illegal drop on 15. He opted to play his 5th shot from same place as 3rd shot. But he dropped it 2 yards further back. You can only drop it as far back as you want, if you drop it in line with where it crossed hazard. But he didn't choose this option. So he should get a 2 shot pen, but as he has already signed his card, means he should be DQ'd.
    Posted by splashies
    But isn't the problem for Tiger that he did drop it in line with where the ball crossed the hazard, but not in line with where the ball entered the hazard?

Lol, you can what a big decision the ruling body at The Masters have now.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (The MASTERS!!!!) Year Profit: -52.19pts : Illegal drop on 15. He opted to play his 5th shot from same place as 3rd shot. But he dropped it 2 yards further back. You can only drop it as far back as you want, if you drop it in line with where it crossed hazard. But he didn't choose this option. So he should get a 2 shot pen, but as he has already signed his card, means he should be DQ'd.
    Posted by splashies
    But isn't the problem for Tiger that he did drop it in line with where the ball crossed the hazard, but not in line with where the ball entered the hazard?

Lol, you can see what a big decision the ruling body at The Masters have now.
  • edited April 2013
    The stupid thing about all this, is I bet where he was meant to play it from (angle wise) was no more than a couple of yards away as well, same as where he last played his shot from, and he would of put his approach to exactly the same spot anyway.
  • edited April 2013
    Phew relief, I've never heard of u before Feilum Mac An Ionmaire, but I wanna kiss u lol. He is the spokesman for P Power, and has stated ALL bets on Tiger, whether Ante Post, or In-Running, will be refunded if he is DQ'd. Power to Paddy lol. Bet Victor already come out and said the same.
  • edited April 2013
    Phew relief, I've never heard of u before Feilum Mac An Ionmaire, but I wanna kiss u lol. He is the spokesman for P Power, and has stated ALL bets on Tiger, whether Ante Post, or In-Running, will be refunded if he is DQ'd. Power to Paddy lol. Bet Victor already come out and said the same.
    Posted by joesman1
    Nothing like having a bit of luck neil. I see my money got to D Johnson LOL
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (The MASTERS!!!!) Year Profit: -52.19pts : Nothing like having a bit of luck neil. I see my money got to D Johnson LOL
    Posted by vaigret
    Yep thinking back to that line I spun at u the other month about u 'stiffing treacle' lol... Think Johnson's one of those who needs to sneak up late on a Sunday. Remember he imploded when leading the US Open at Pebble Beach the other year.

I see Power and Bet Victor betting 'odds on' he doesn't get DQ'd
  • edited April 2013
    Somethings gone on, Skybet pushed Tiger out to 6/1 Power 9/2, and betting on DQ disappeared, wondering if they've somehow given him a 2 shot penalty or something similar, which doesn't make sense.
  • edited April 2013

2 shot penalty for Tiger!

IF it was ANYONE else, would the same apply??......discuss.

Not the first time he has dropped his balls in the wrong place BTW.
  • edited April 2013
    disgrace if theyve given him a penalty he should be DQ'd. theyd have DQ'd the poor chinese lad quick enough but not their golden boy. 

anyway ive only just heard the news on this site so it does bring alot more into it regardless and got these on at 2pm ish

£10 e/w DJ 40/1
    £10 e/w KUCH 66/1 (though i felt loathe to do so, think hell be bang there still)
    £5 e/w Lefty 100/1 
    £2 e/w Keegster 150/1
    £2 e/w Watney 300/1

moving day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  : D 
  • edited April 2013
    all in billy hills as local lads shop giving shorter prices so drove intil the town

DJ now 33's
    Kuch now 40's (!!) 
    Phil 66's
    Keegan 66's
    Watney 150's 

: ) 

so glad i got these on on time, lads to be fair have stayed the same on them all (were'nt laying watney) 

as always prices can fluctuate, i shouldnt have any bother on mine would i?? considering theyve been changed only around the Tiger events ? 
  • edited April 2013
    all in billy hills as local lads shop giving shorter prices so drove intil the town DJ now 33's Kuch now 40's (!!)  Phil 66's Keegan 66's Watney 150's  : )  so glad i got these on on time, lads to be fair have stayed the same on them all (were'nt laying watney)  as always prices can fluctuate, i shouldnt have any bother on mine would i?? considering theyve been changed only around the Tiger events ? 
    Posted by BELL_POKER

Should think all bets stand
  • edited April 2013
    2 shot penalty for Tiger ! IF it was ANYONE else, would the same apply??......discuss. Not the first time he has dropped his balls in the wrong place BTW.
    Posted by MAXALLY

Ill discuss. . . Some obscure rule 33-7 covering a player unaware of a penalty returning an incorrect score. Where was this rule when Sky's Mark Roe was DQ'd on final morning of British Open when leading it?? Very fishy. I'd rather he had been DQ'd and I got my money back. Will take a mammoth psychological effort to come back now.
  • edited April 2013
    my old man was talking about a british player being DQ'd but couldnt remember the name. i take it thats who it is then. with all the hot air blown out i was gonna give one plus point towards his treatemtn by stating if he was unaware of the penalty obviously hed be unable to mark it but if theres this rule 33-7 and hasnt been amedned since the incident above then it should be one rule for all. and the stewards/patrons whoever you call them are hardly doing their job if theyve let this one slide until today, wasnt a murmur of it last night during the coverage as far as im aware
  • edited April 2013
    Watched the highlight programe this morning and it was mainly about controversy more than the golf regarding Guans penalty shot. Lot of golfers tweeting their support for him including gmac

Can you imagine what it would have been like if he,sd missed the cut because off it. And now Tiger gets a 2 shot penalty. I wonder if it was anyone else - the same punishment would apply or they,d get disqualified.

With Guan making the cut despite his shot penalty it wouldn,t suprise me to see Tiger win it noiw with his 2 shot penalty. I think it might have the opposite effect on him and make him even more determined to win. Shame if he does as he should have been dsqd imo

Anyone making the switch to BBC with Peter Allis and co today or sticking with Sky?
  • edited April 2013
    Watched the highlight programe this morning and it was mainly about controversy more than the golf regarding Guans penalty shot. Lot of golfers tweeting their support for him including gmac Can you imagine what it would have been like if he,sd missed the cut because off it. And now Tiger gets a 2 shot penalty. I wonder if it was anyone else - the same punishment would apply or they,d get disqualified. With Guan making the cut despite his shot penalty it wouldn,t suprise me to see Tiger win it noiw with his 2 shot penalty. I think it might have the opposite effect on him and make him even more determined to win. Shame if he does as he should have been dsqd imo   Anyone making the switch to BBC with Peter Allis and co today or sticking with Sky?
    Posted by MP33
    The reason I will be sticking with Sky
  • edited April 2013

I might watch it on BBC and then perhaps later on Sky. Colin Mountgomerie is starting to do my head in on Sky, whereas I can listen to Peter Allis waffle all day long.
  • edited April 2013
    the rule was amended in 2011 as per pga website. in regards to the main hot topic at the moment, peter allis or monty?? like choosing whether you would like to be suffocated or drown, i choose the mute button 
  • edited April 2013
    get the snorkel out phil!!! was always worth a tickle at 100/1 but most definately a crumpled docket now. all i wants DJ or Kuch to have a resonably good day and a sweat for tomorrow. is that too much to ask for???!!!