You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Heritage + Open de Espana) Year Profit: -82.19pts:
    Well I've just ballsed some bets up! I wanted to do some outsiders for the 1st round leader market and also put them in a double. Only £1 e/w bets for the craic. I put on Kohles and Harris English in the Heritage, but then meant to pick Peter Uihlein but accidently picked the outright market. So I now have Uihlein as outright winner in Spain and in doubles as well as 1st round leader... 
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Ummm, actually no I meant to do that... It was a completely skillful bet.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Heritage + Open de Espana) Year Profit: -82.19pts:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Heritage + Open de Espana) Year Profit: -82.19pts : Ummm, actually no I meant to do that... It was a completely skillful bet.
    Posted by FlashFlush

Gl with Uihlein Flash.Nice to see David Howell doing well again also,comes across as a nice guy on tv not up himself unlike some of the other players.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Heritage + Open de Espana) Year Profit: -82.19pts : Gl with Uihlein Flash.Nice to see David Howell doing well again also,comes across as a nice guy on tv not up himself unlike some of the other players.
    Posted by jackda
    Yeah he really is a nice guy. He lives and grew up local to me. He has honoury membership at the local course (Broome Manor).

A few years ago a mutual friend of ours died, he was only in his late 30's but had suffered with a heart problem his whole life. Despite this he was a scratch golfer and drinking buddy of David's. After this David arranged a charity event in his memory, getting loads of tour players to ocme and play at Broome. (It's only a municipal council course). We had the likes of Paul Casey, Nicola Fasth, Simon Kahn and many others, I just can't remember them. All to raise money for a heart foundation charity. Great success and just shows how much of a great guy David is.
  • edited April 2013
    Infact I thought I would google it and see what was online about it... This was pretty high on this list, I'm sure there is much more. http://www.swindonweb.com/?m=2&s=87&ss=93&c=1116
  • edited April 2013
    Infact I thought I would google it and see what was online about it... This was pretty high on this list, I'm sure there is much more.  http://www.swindonweb.com/?m=2&s=87&ss=93&c=1116
    Posted by FlashFlush[/QUOTE 

Great video that.
    Was you there that day then,Playing/watching?
  • edited April 2013
    I was there watching. You could walk around with the players and sit pretty much where you wanted (within reason). Never been to a proper event so don't know how that compares.

The clip where they are directly behind Paul Casey as he tee's off and you can see him aiming at trees is a par 4, with a dog-leg right. He drove the green where I was sat to about 20 foot! He missed the putt but made the birdie. Pretty impressive.
  • edited April 2013
    Excellent day for Horsey,back in the hunt at least.Anyones tournie now as long as Warren don't go mad tomorrow.
  • edited April 2013
    Late declaration of fancies this week. Done Horsey and Lowry ew 33 & 40/1. And an outsider to back them up Havret 135/1 ew. Just doing Donald @ 16/1 ew in the USA. No doubles this week.  Gl everyone
    Posted by joesman1
    Knowing my luck atm, the ew part of the double must be a cert, and wouldn't rule out fate smacking me right in my chops!!
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Heritage + Open de Espana) Year Profit: -82.19pts : Knowing my luck atm, the ew part of the double must be a cert, and wouldn't rule out fate smacking me right in my chops!!
    Posted by joesman1

ofc Donald goes bogey/bogey as soon as you post:(
    forum curse again
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Heritage + Open de Espana) Year Profit: -82.19pts : ofc Donald goes bogey/bogey as soon as you post:( forum curse again
    Posted by jackda
    Sigh..... One day I'll learn....
  • edited April 2013
    Is Charley Hoffman human?
  • edited April 2013
    Should be a good watch tonight. Anything could happen with Hoffman. 

Just Billy Horschel left in contention for me, hope he can secure a top5 or maybe go 1 better. Gl Flash.
  • edited April 2013
    Espana was write of for with both players failing to make any impact.

Rbc I'm sitting quite nicely but could easily me falling short. McDowell on -7 t4 and Haas -6 t6. A lot depends on what happens above or below them because its hard to see either of them winning without those at the top not dropping a shot or two.

A late punt on ishikawa at 200/1, who is sitting t6 and who played quite nicely yesterday, could be well rewarded come the end of the day. 

One of the 3 will hopefully give me a some good entertainment for my money anyway.

• edited April 2013
    +6 to miss out of at least e/w payouts by 1 shot. ... Pretty much sums up me seasons betting really!
  • edited April 2013

get in GMAC!!!

• edited April 2013
    Well done JD! I went to bed before the playoff so didn't see it.
  • edited April 2013
    Well done JD.... Could have been better and worse for me. Horsey ended up as a 4/1 winner after calculating  2/4 * 1/4 of 33/1.... Donald another 4/1 winner. But being a **** I missed out on the 24/1 double. 
  • edited April 2013
    Been checking the form, history of the events so why hang about, I've got my picks in early.

Ballentines

David Howell 40/1 - £2.50 e/w - Been up there contending for what seems like the whole season! He dropped way back on Sunday after finding the trees twice and running up a 9, but one hole doesn't mean you have lost form so has probably done us all a favour with the bookies. This time last year he was missing cuts all over the place, yet he came here and got a T12, so with the form he is in, I'd expect him to be right up there again.

Paul Casey 50/1 £2 e/w - Coming back to form on the quiet. Every result this year has been between T16 and T37, so he is being very consistent. With someone like Paul, it's only going to take 1 win/top 5 finish and the bookies will be all over him and 50/1's will be a thing of the past.

Like David this time last year he was all over the place, his best result all the way from March to September was a T51, apart from Ballentines where he got T25, in the middle of 5 missed cuts, so again, he obviously likes it here.

Zurich Classic

Billy Horschel - 30/1 - £3 e/w - Super consistent this year made 11 out of 11 cuts. Hasn't been outside of the top 10 in his last 3 tournaments, and with a weak field, this could be his first PGA title. - Probably my main tip of the week as well.

Jeff Overton - 50/1 £2 e/w - Had a quiet year so far, managed to stay under the radar, yet his last start was at the Valero Texas Open where he finished T7, so starting to show some form.

He has good course history here, top 20 3 of the last 4 starts and one of those was a second, where he came in with worse form than he is this year. His T18 last year finished with a 65 so he will be coming back with good memories.
  • edited April 2013
    Well done JD with Gmac :DD

Just got in from work, so haven't had a chance to research my bets yet, but I had planned on backing both Casey and Horschel, Flash!

Not sure if that's a good thing for us or not :p
  • edited April 2013
    Well done JD with Gmac :DD Just got in from work, so haven't had a chance to research my bets yet, but I had planned on backing both Casey and Horschel, Flash! Not sure if that's a good thing for us or not :p
    Posted by splashies
    That can only be a good thing :-)
  • edited April 2013
    Lets hope so.

Right then my other two picks are Jason Dufner and Victor Dubuisson.

I didnt want to back Dufner again for a while but I'd kick myself if he won, given his record in this event. 9th, 7th,3rd and 1st in his last four years.

Dubuisson came 3rd here last year and has finished in the top10 in his previous two starts in Asia this season.

Zurich Classic

Jason Dufner 4pts win @ 16/1
    Billy Horschel 2pts e/w @ 30/1

Ballantines

Victor Dubuisson 2pts e/w @ 30/1
    Paul Casey 2pts e/w @ 55/1

4 x 0.5pt e/w Doubles
  • edited April 2013
    Hmmmm interesting. I'd already decided myself yesterday id be all over Casey this week
  • edited April 2013
    As all the experts on here fancy Casey this week, I've jumped in early and took the 55/1 with Bet365...... More to follow.
  • edited April 2013
    haven't had a chance to look at them really yet but im thinking:

Horschel (first time i'd seen him play really was at RBC - was quite impressed)
    T Olesen (some long par 4's on this course and he ranked 2nd for driving distance at the masters)
    Not too keen on either of their prices though.

tempted by immelman as an outsider (just got a feeling he's about to do something) and fowler (again not much value in his odds).

Tringale's odds look quite low to me for someone who doesnt appear to have done much. have to check is record in this comp.

Casey in the euro looks a must for his price. Team Casey!!!

I'll do a full list of my bets tomorrow.
  • edited April 2013
    Blimey you guy's have gone early this week, loads of confidence or what :)

Well done on GMAc JD, I managed to stick with him in my PGA fantasy picks, so I might give Flash a bit of competition yet!

I'm still licking my wounds after Marc Warren's collapse, not a pretty sight!

Not a good week for me on the European fantasy comp either and as Joesman selected the winner, I need to try harder this week!

Interested to see the messageboard love in for Paul Casey, I can't remember if it was day 1 or day 2, but at the time I thought Casey was making too many mistakes with his course management, taking on high risk shots that were costing him too much, maybe that was lack of course knowledge or too much confidence in his own game, thinking he could execute the shots, to me he looked a frustrated figure and at the time I thought to myself he'll never get back to his best as long as he plays like this, I was actually surprised he finished as high as he did.

So I saw plenty of bad in Paul Casey, yet he only finished 4 shots of the play off.

I just checked his tournament stats, I see he was a very impressive 9th on GIR for the week, his driving stats weren't too good and his sand save percentage was just 20% and there's the difference between a 16th place finish and a play off right there.

That's what I saw in Paul Casey's game last week, he didn't play the percentages, it looked like he took on too many high risk shots and put himself in positions that meant he frittered away shots, from what I saw it wasn't that he couldn't play out of a bunker, it was just that he was finding bunkers where it was virtually impossible to get up and down.

You can put a positive slant on that and say, if he cuts out the silly mistakes, he will contend this week, after all he's a class act and comes across as an intelligent golfer, capable of self analysis.

So there you go lads, good luck with Paul Casey, lol.

• edited April 2013
    Ballantines

Kiradech Aphibarnrat - 33/1, he's been good to me this year, two appearances on the European tour in 2013, a 4th at 40/1 and a win at 50/1. He since finished 5th in his native Thailand on the Asian tour. Played the Ballantines both years it's been at Blackstone, finished 15th last year, I see no reason why his good form can't continue and I'm staying loyal.

Brett Rumford - 80/1, not had a great start to 2013 by anyones' standards, but Rumford has always been capable of pulling a result out of almost nowhere. He has good course form here and I particularly like it when a player has a best of season result at a tournament when he's on a bad run, in 2011 he only managed one top 10 in 29 starts and that was a tied 7th here which included a 63. Decent each way value at 80/1.

Bae Sang-Moon - 40/1,this is a much weaker field than Bae has been up against on the PGA Tour this year, he's holding is own in the States and finished 37th on his debut at The Masters.
    He's won 6 times in South Korea and won the Japanese OOM in 2011.
    Finished 20th in this event last year after a poor first round 75, to me he feels like real good ew value at 40/1.
  • edited April 2013
    picks done:

Zurich

Olesen          29/1   (he's destined for the top)

Horschel        30/1   (good form, liked the look of him at rbc, looks like he's really determined to get a win and at 26 looks like he has a bright future)

Jacobsen
           40/1   (never played here before, results this season not too bad but not outstanding, bit of a wildcard one really)

immelman
       100/1   (seems to be playing well in patches but i've got a feeling he's about to do something and on his day is an excellent golfer - also needs to get his ranking up so should have the motivation to play well)

all just £1 EW
  • edited April 2013
    Zurich Classic

Graham DeLaet - 90/1, Last week I stayed away thinking the course would not suit him, but this week is a completely different story, when you consider he finished 4th here last year.  I believe GDL's comes into to his own when he can use his strength and accuracy to take on a golf course and with 4 par 5' that appear to be reachable in 2, this course should again be right up GDL's street.
    He still sits high on a lot of the stats, 3rd in GIR, 3rd in total driving, 2nd in ball striking, 10th in driving distance, 5th in GIR from fairway bunkers (this week there are 100+  bunkers and fairway waste bunkers), 8th in par 5 performance and 11th in proximity to the hole.
    The only stats not mentioned are putting and here lies the achilles heel for GDL, he's a lowly 153rd in total putting, 130th is strokes gained putting and has managed to 3 putt 30 times already this season.
    The last time I tipped him was the Houston Open, in the second round there he managed to 3 putt 6 times, I believe 10 times in total during the week  yet he still finished 31st, replace those 3 putts for 2 putts, he'd have finished tied for the lead!
    Maybe I'm in denial, but I don't believe he is as bad a putter as those stats may suggest, (not like Sergio or Langer when they were at their worst) from what I've seen his problem tends to be the longer putts where he has been too aggressive, if his putts don't hit the hole they race 6-10 feet past and he then misses the one back and of course he's hitting the GIR more than most, so that's always going to put pressure on the putting stats. Anyway I've waffled again, with putting under control Graham DeLaet can go low this week and 90/1 was way too big as is the best priced 80/1 still available!

Brendan de Jonge - 40/1, playing consistently well at the moment, good tied 18th last year after a poor first round 73, surely has to get his first win on tour soon and conditions this week should suit.

Charles Howell III - 45/1, after a great start to the season I thought his results had started to tail off, but on closer inspection his game appear to be in great shape, he's finished 2nd here in the past and at 45/1 in a relatively weak field he looks good value to me.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Zurich Classic + Ballantines) Year Profit: -102.19pts:
    Zurich Classic Graham DeLAet - 90/1, Last week I stayed away thinking the course would not suit him, but this week is a completely different story, when you consider he finished 4th here last year.  I believe GDL's comes into to his own when he can use his strength and accuracy to take on a golf course and with 4 par 5' that appear to be reachable in 2, this course should again be right up GDL's street. He still sits high on a lot of the stats, 3rd in GIR, 3rd in total driving, 2nd in ball striking, 10th in driving distance, 5th in GIR from fairway bunkers (this week there are 100+  bunkers and fairway waste bunkers), 8th in par 5 performance and 11th in proximity to the hole. The only stats not mentioned are putting and here lies the achilles heel for GDL, he's a lowly 153rd in total putting, 130th is strokes gained putting and has managed to 3 putt 30 times already this season. The last time I tipped him was the Houston Open, in the second round there he managed to 3 putt 6 times during his second round, I believe 10 times in total during the week  yet he still finished 31st, replace those 3 putts for 2 putts, he'd have finished tied for the lead! Maybe I'm in denial, but I don't believe he is as bad a putter as those stats may suggest, (not like Sergio or Langer when they were at their worst) from what I've seen his problem tends to be the longer putts where he has been too aggressive, if his putts don't hit the hole they race 6-10 feet past and he then misses the one back and of course he's hitting the GIR more than most, so that's always going to put pressure on the putting stats. Anyway I've waffled again, with putting under control Graham DeLaet can go low this week and 90/1 was way too big as is the best priced 80/1 still available! Brendan de Jonge - 40/1, playing consistently well at the moment, good tied 18th last year after a poor first round 73, surely has to get his first win on tour soon and conditions this week should suit. Charles Howell III - 45/1, after a great start to the season I thought his results had started to tail off, but on closer inspection his game appear to be in great shape, he's finished 2nd here in the past and at 45/1 in a relatively weak field he looks good value to me.
    Posted by TheDart

Was very tempted by Charles Howell myself

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Zurich Classic + Ballantines) Year Profit: -102.19pts:
    As all the experts on here fancy Casey this week, I've jumped in early and took the 55/1 with Bet365...... More to follow.
    Posted by joesman1
    My 2nd pick to win the tourny is Marcus Fraser ew @ 40/1. 3rd pick Thaworn Wiratchant ew @ 100/1.

Finally, I'm having a dabble on the 1st round leader market ... I'm having a punt on serial bottler and he of the crazy putting stroke, Wen-chong Llang. He's in the 2nd group out in the morning and very good value ew at 70/1 to be the leader after round 1, before his sphin@ter muscles start contracting deeper into the tournament