You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Right I've been thinking about you guy's and Paul Casey.

I've decided I'm not embracing this threads' goodwill by not listening to the wise men on here, I knew he was a popular pick but hadn't realised that, Splashies, Flash and Joesman (The 3 Wise Men) are on Casey this week.

So despite my initital reservations, I've joined the party and backed Paul Casey ew at 50/1.

After all, I've done some of your money in on Graham DeLaet in the past so if Casey doesn't pull it off this week I figure we are quits ;)

For good measure I've broken my 33/1 or better rule and doubled Casey with Nick Watney at 25/1.

Good Luck all, especially with Paul Casey!!!
  • edited April 2013
    Ha ha. You know it makes sense!

Come on Paul, let's give these bookies a right pasting!!

I've done some 1st round leader bets, just £1 e/w, but I'm going to test out the "Don't mention it on here" tactic and see if that helps. lol (Desperate times and all that)
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Zurich Classic + Ballantines) Year Profit: -102.19pts:
    Ha ha. You know it makes sense! Come on Paul, let's give these bookies a right pasting!! I've done some 1st round leader bets, just £1 e/w, but I'm going to test out the "Don't mention it on here" tactic and see if that helps. lol (Desperate times and all that)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Good luck with those, I know you had some bad luck last week, with a day to go both Hoffman and Uihlien looked like they'd at least give you a place.

I'm not a big fan of first round leader markets, but I quite fancy waking up to see a leaderboard with one of my picks sitting on top, so I've backed a few myself, I'll admit to who I backed tomorrow.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Zurich Classic + Ballantines) Year Profit: -102.19pts:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Zurich Classic + Ballantines) Year Profit: -102.19pts : Good luck with those, I know you had some bad luck last week, with a day to go both Hoffman and Uihlien looked like they'd at least give you a place. I'm not a big fan of first round leader markets, but I quite fancy waking up to see a leaderboard with one of my picks sitting on top, so I've backed a few myself, I'll admit to who I backed tomorrow.
    Posted by TheDart
    I did get a place with Luke Donald though. It didn't cover my bets, but it was better than nothing back. Was a shame though when it looked like I might have picked 1st and 2nd!
  • edited April 2013
  • edited April 2013
    $ hit or bust for me this week.
    Gone for the posts' selections again cos I'm lazy.
    Ballantine's
    Noren @ 14/1
    Weisberger @ 25/1
    Ramsey @ 25/1
    Casey (I know) @ 50/1
    Zurich
    Watney @ 25/1
    Jimmy Walker @ 50/1
    C Villegas @ 50/1
    G Delaet @ 66/1

16 x £1 ew doubles only

edit:just realised I had £1ew on Wattel @80/1 but not in doubles

Plus a cheeky £4 ew on C Tringale @ 40/1 cos fancy him for some reason to do well this week

gl all 
  • edited April 2013
    Well Casey boy, u will be having your breakfast now. Hope u eat well, cos when I watch your round on delayed TV @ 7am in the morning, I'm hoping the pressure of the whole sky golfing community and Racing Post followers rooting for u, doesn't get too much for u. 

• edited April 2013
    Well Casey boy, u will be having your breakfast now. Hope u eat well, cos when I watch your round on delayed TV @ 7am in the morning, I'm hoping the pressure of the whole sky golfing community and Racing Post followers rooting for u, doesn't get too much for u. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Well I've had a late one, but 3 holes in and +2 isn't the start we all had in mind!

I'm off to bed now to sulk
  • edited April 2013
    Back to back doubles. ffs, gg all :(
  • edited April 2013
    Who's bright idea was Casey? Lol

I officially resign from team Casey!!

Other 2 sitting ok though:

Ye yang -2
    Aphribarnrat -1
  • edited April 2013
    My 1st round leader bets are dead so I may as well say who I had. Aphibarnrat, Casey and Maybin.

Isn't Oosthuizen doing well!? I worked out before the event, if he wins he should go 1st in the R2D. Good for my season long bet! Just need Dustin or Snedds to overtake Tiger.... How hard can it be??!!
  • edited April 2013
    Ah well, my disappointment is softened by the fact I didn't stick Casey in my fantasy team and one of my first round leader bets, might give me something back, Matthew Baldwin at 80/1, currently in a 5 way lead for 2nd.

Don't think there is anything left to jinx, so I can safely say my other first round leader bets were Lee Slattery, Brett Rumford and Kiradech Aphibarnrat.

It look's like Louis has brought his A game this week, long way to go I know, but the others could already be playing for a place.

Looking forwards to New Orleans, I see from Jackda's post that the Racing Post have tipped Graham DeLaet, just saying ;)
  • edited April 2013
    Ah well, my disappointment is softened by the fact I didn't stick Casey in my fantasy team and one of my first round leader bets, might give me something back, Matthew Baldwin at 80/1, currently in a 5 way lead for 2nd. Don't think there is anything left to jinx, so I can safely say my other first round leader bets were Lee Slattery, Brett Rumford and Kiradech Aphibarnrat. It look's like Louis has brought his A game this week, long way to go I know, but the others could already be playing for a place. Looking forwards to New Orleans, I see from Jackda's post that the Racing Post have tipped Graham DeLaet, just saying ;)
    Posted by TheDart
    Get in there!

The messageboard curse strikes again, after playing a flawless back 9, I post that and Louis goes and bogey's the 10th! :)
  • edited April 2013
    Total     WIPEOUT
  • edited April 2013
    Total     WIPEOUT
    Posted by joesman1
    Five of my ten fantasy picks look like missing the cut. Inc my 3 bets. Knew it was gonna be a good day when my 1st round leader bet double bogied his 1st, before I turned my iPad off last night. Worse still, I'm in the less than 1% camp of total players who have left Louis out of their fantasy team.
  • edited April 2013
    My 1st round leader bets are dead so I may as well say who I had. Aphibarnrat, Casey and Maybin. Isn't Oosthuizen doing well!? I worked out before the event, if he wins he should go 1st in the R2D. Good for my season long bet! Just need Dustin or Snedds to overtake Tiger.... How hard can it be??!!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    What is your season long bet if you dont mind me asking?
  • edited April 2013
    Ah well, my disappointment is softened by the fact I didn't stick Casey in my fantasy team and one of my first round leader bets, might give me something back, Matthew Baldwin at 80/1, currently in a 5 way lead for 2nd. Don't think there is anything left to jinx, so I can safely say my other first round leader bets were Lee Slattery, Brett Rumford and Kiradech Aphibarnrat. It look's like Louis has brought his A game this week, long way to go I know, but the others could already be playing for a place. Looking forwards to New Orleans, I see from Jackda's post that the Racing Post have tipped Graham DeLaet, just saying ;)
    Posted by TheDart
    Hopefully he goes well because I put him on my zurich team yesterday after jacobson pulled out
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Zurich Classic + Ballantines) Year Profit: -102.19pts : What is your season long bet if you dont mind me asking?
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Oosthuizen to win the R2D money list doubled up with Brandt Snedeker or Dustin Johnson to win the PGA tour money list (excl. the $10m FedEx bonus)
  • edited April 2013
    Posted by TheDart
    Just noticed baldwin is tied 1st now with louis dropping to -5. Louis could well go on to leapfrog them all but out of interest, aassuming he remains in 5 way tie for first, how do they work out your winnings?
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Zurich Classic + Ballantines) Year Profit: -102.19pts : Oosthuizen to win the R2D money list doubled up with Brandt Snedeker or Dustin Johnson to win the PGA tour money list (excl. the $10m FedEx bonus)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Sounds good!! Fingers crossed tigers knee goes pop again lol
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Zurich Classic + Ballantines) Year Profit: -102.19pts : Just noticed baldwin is tied 1st now with louis dropping to -5. Louis could well go on to leapfrog them all but out of interest, aassuming he remains in 5 way tie for first, how do they work out your winnings?
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Basically, the 'winnings' take a right hammering.

Currently there are 5 players tied for the lead, if it finished that way, my 80/1 shot would become  80/1 divide by 5 giving me a 16 /1 winner.

With Louis one behind and still 2 par 5's to play I can see him at least joining the leaders, so then the returns are reduced further.

Same applies to the place side of the bet if there are more than 5 players finishing in the top 5, the odds are reduced accordingly.

That's what I don't like about first round betting, its very difficult to pick a winning bet and when you do it's very difficult to get the full returns back.

That hasn't stopped me having a go at New Orleans though.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Zurich Classic + Ballantines) Year Profit: -102.19pts : Basically, the 'wiinings' take a right hammering. Currently there are 5 players tied for the lead, if it finished that way, my 80/1 shot would become  80/1 divide by 5 giving me a 16 /1 winner. With Louis one behind and still 2 par 5's to play I can see him at least joining the leaders, so then the returns are reduced further. Same applies to the place side of the bet if there are more than 5 players finishing in the top 5, the odds are reduced accordingly. That's what I don't like about first round betting, its very difficult to pick a winning bet and when you do it's very difficult to get the full returns back. That hasn't stopped me having a go at New Orleans though.
    Posted by TheDart
    cheers dart. so your place bet in this instance will give you more than your winning bet i.e.

Win bet: 80/1 divided by 5 = 16/1
    Place bet: 80/1 divided by 4 = 20/1

still assuuming louis doesnt join the leaders in which case it would 20/1 divided by 6 multiplied by 5.

That correct? lol

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Zurich Classic + Ballantines) Year Profit: -102.19pts : cheers dart. so your place bet in this instance will give you more than your winning bet i.e. Win bet: 80/1 divided by 5 = 16/1 Place bet: 80/1 divided by 4 = 20/1 still assuuming louis doesnt join the leaders in which case it would 20/1 divided by 6 multiplied by 5. That correct? lol
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Lol, hadn't thought of that myself, but yes I think you are right, if it stay's the same I'd win more for the place than the win, doesn't seem right does it?

I'm not 100% sure, so I hope it does stay as it is, at least to understand the 'dead heat' rules more clearly.

edit: yes I believe that's how they calculate the place odds as well.

Looks like we will have to wait until tomorrow and Tommy Fleetwood and Louis, could get in on at least -5, so there's not going be much left!

I only had £2 ew, so I'm not going to lose much sleep over it, lol.
  • edited April 2013
    Sod the messageboard curse, here are my additional bets for the Zurich Classic

Firstly Matt Jones, some may or may not recall I've picked him a couple of times this season and hi-lighted the fact that he had recently achieved low rounds of the day in two tournaments.

Well Matt Jones did it again last week, sharing low round with GMC on day 2, so this week I'm hoping he can achieve another low round of the day and this time on day 1!

Matt Jones - Outright - ew 125/1
    Matt Jones - First Round Leader - ew 100/1
    Matt Jones - Top Rest of world - ew 20/1
    NB. I'll take 2nd to Graham DeLaet in all of these markets :)

First round Leaders all ew

Graham DeLaet - 80/1
    Ryan Palmer - 70/1
    Charles Howell III - 50/1
    Marcel Siem - 70/1
  • edited April 2013
    Pi**ing hell!! I think I've c0cked my bets up again! I think all my 1st round leader bets I've placed are actually tournament winner bets. The worrying thing is I've not only done it wrong for just the 1 tournament I've done it wrong for both again!! Well none of them would of come in at the Ballantines, so that's OK, but I hope 1 of them doesn't have a stonker in New Orleans.

Signed: Stupid Idiot!
  • edited April 2013
    Pi**ing hell!! I think I've c0cked my bets up again! I think all my 1st round leader bets I've placed are actually tournament winner bets. The worrying thing is I've not only done it wrong for just the 1 tournament I've done it wrong for both again!! Well none of them would of come in at the Ballantines, so that's OK, but I hope 1 of them doesn't have a stonker in New Orleans. Signed: Stupid Idiot!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    If it makes you feel any better I did the same with one of my bets I meant to back Ryan Palmer first round leader, when I checked later the bet was for outright, so I've ended up backing him in both markets, which wasn't the plan.

Nearly did it again with my next bet, but just spotted the 'mistake' before I confirmed.

I could have sworn I clicked on the first round leader market as well, so I'm wondering if there's something not quite right with the links to the first round market page?

You never know Flash you might end up with a surprise winner this week.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Zurich Classic + Ballantines) Year Profit: -102.19pts : If it makes you feel any better I did the same with one of my bets I meant to back Ryan Palmer first round leader, when I checked later the bet was for outright, so I've ended up backing him in both markets, which wasn't the plan. Nearly did it again with my next bet, but just spotted the 'mistake' before I confirmed. I could have sworn I clicked on the first round leader market as well, so I'm wondering if there's something not quite right with the links to the first round market page? You never know Flash you might end up with a surprise winner this week.
    Posted by TheDart
    Even though I've done it 2 weeks running, it's very unlike me to make mistakes like that as well, so maybe, just maybe it wasn't my fault..?? It probably was though, because last week it was with PP and this week it was with Skybet. If it was Skybet both times then I would of questioned it.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Zurich Classic + Ballantines) Year Profit: -102.19pts : cheers dart. so your place bet in this instance will give you more than your winning bet i.e. Win bet: 80/1 divided by 5 = 16/1 Place bet: 80/1 divided by 4 = 20/1 still assuuming louis doesnt join the leaders in which case it would 20/1 divided by 6 multiplied by 5. That correct? lol
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Hey guys..... I don't want to sound a geek/know all/knob etc.....delete as required (what non deleted? How rude!! Lol).... But u ain't quite 100% right on this one. If its a dead heat, it's the stake divided, not the price. It does make a small difference... And surprise surprise, it's in the bookies favour.

Cheers

A disgruntled punter looking at alternative picks after day 1.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Zurich Classic + Ballantines) Year Profit: -102.19pts : Even though I've done it 2 weeks running, it's very unlike me to make mistakes like that as well, so maybe, just maybe it wasn't my fault..?? It probably was though, because last week it was with PP and this week it was with Skybet. If it was Skybet both times then I would of questioned it.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Well mine was on a third website, so no obvious fault there, apart from human error and 2 numpty's!

Next time I'll be watching closely for any snags.

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Zurich Classic + Ballantines) Year Profit: -102.19pts : Hey guys..... I don't want to sound a geek/know all/knob etc.....delete as required (what non deleted? How rude!! Lol).... But u ain't quite 100% right on this one. If its a dead heat, it's the stake divided, not the price. It does make a small difference... And surprise surprise, it's in the bookies favour. Cheers A disgruntled punter looking at alternative picks after day 1.
    Posted by joesman1
    Sounds like you are right, especially when you back it up with 'its in the bookies favour'.

If Baldwin does end up finishing in a tie for the lead, I'll post the question, asking for the first correct answer to how much I got back for my £2 ew.

Good luck with the in running market and better luck in New Orleans.