You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Zurich Classic + Ballantines) Year Profit: -102.19pts:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Zurich Classic + Ballantines) Year Profit: -102.19pts : Basically, the 'winnings' take a right hammering. Currently there are 5 players tied for the lead, if it finished that way, my 80/1 shot would become  80/1 divide by 5 giving me a 16 /1 winner. With Louis one behind and still 2 par 5's to play I can see him at least joining the leaders, so then the returns are reduced further. Same applies to the place side of the bet if there are more than 5 players finishing in the top 5, the odds are reduced accordingly. That's what I don't like about first round betting, its very difficult to pick a winning bet and when you do it's very difficult to get the full returns back. That hasn't stopped me having a go at New Orleans though.
    Posted by TheDart
    If it stays a 5-way tie for the lead it works out as 40p @ 80/1 for the win part
    The place part stays as normal £2 place so £42 quid
    So you should get back £74.40
    If another player gets to -5 then it gets more complicated
    You get 33p @ 80/1 for the win and £1.66 @ 20/1 for the place
    The place bit is not divided by 6 and don't let them tell you otherwise(many an argument I've had over this) 
    This is all assuming it was 1/4 odds 1,2,3,4,5(if not let us know and can recalculate)
    Hope this helps Dart

• edited April 2013
    Lol been fun catching up on this thread.

Flash you plonker!
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Zurich Classic + Ballantines) Year Profit: -102.19pts:
    Lol been fun catching up on this thread. Flash you plonker!
    Posted by splashies
    I actually think I've been a genius here! My 1st round leader bets were Villegas, De Laet and De Jonge. 

I thought the toys were well and truely leaving the pram at a rate of knots when De Jonge holed his 2nd shot for an eagle on the 1st and then birdies the 2nd so was -3 through 2! But he has just made a 7 on the par 3 17th to totally knacker himself. I doubt DeLaet will stay in a top 5 spot after all the afternoon players have finished, so at least my bets are still alive when it would of got me nothing if I placed it correctly! lol
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Zurich Classic + Ballantines) Year Profit: -102.19pts : Sounds like you are right, especially when you back it up with 'its in the bookies favour'. If Baldwin does end up finishing in a tie for the lead, I'll post the question, asking for the first correct answer to how much I got back for my £2 ew. Good luck with the in running market and better luck in New Orleans.
    Posted by TheDart
    I've not actually had a dabble on the US this week as yet.... And I've just noticed Fraser pulled his round together after his 7 on the 9th. At that point he was 9 shots behind Ousthuizen, so I'm happy to be only 4 off the lead and 3 holes still to play in his 1st round.  But I have added Gonzalez to my portfolio. At 50/1 I'm happy to take a chance on him at 3 under. I so nearly put him in my fantasy team last and this week. Just think Cabrera playing well other week might be spurring him on.
  • edited April 2013

With Matthew Baldwin finishing in a 5 way tie for 1st at the conclusion of Day 1, I can confirm both Joesman and Jackda, know their dead heat rules.

£2 ew at 80/1 paid

Win - £2.00 / 5 = 0.40p x 80 = £32.00 + 0.40p = £32.40
    Place - 80 / 4 = £2.00 x 20 = £40.00 + £2.00 = £42.00
    Total returns = £74.40

Can't quite get my head around where the other £1.60 goes for the win return, (they give you a 1/5 of your stake back, not the full amount).

I'm sure I've never had a bet before where, I picked the winner, but got more back for the place money!

Good Luck all!

• edited April 2013
    With Matthew Baldwin finishing in a 5 way tie for 1st at the conclusion of Day 1, I can confirm both Joesman and Jackda, know their dead heat rules. £2 ew at 80/1 paid Win - £2.00 / 5 = 0.40p x 80 = £32.00 + 0.40p = £32.40 Place - 80 / 4 = £2.00 x 20 = £40.00 + £2.00 = £42.00 Total returns = £74.40 Can't quite get my head around where the other £1.60 goes for the win return, (they give you a 1/5 of your stake back, not the full amount). I'm sure I've never had a bet before where, I picked the winner, but got more back for the place money! Good Luck all!
    Posted by TheDart
    Very strange indeed to get more for the place part lol still congrats on the win!

Mine haven't started too badly.

Horchel        -5      t6
    Delaet           -4      t16
    Immelman   -4      t16
    Olesen          +1     t106

Only olesen is really out of it, well unless he can pull a 64 or something out of the bag in round 2. Didn't see any of it but from watching shot tracker while playing poker he missed a lot of shortish putts for pars and birdies

• edited April 2013
    With Matthew Baldwin finishing in a 5 way tie for 1st at the conclusion of Day 1, I can confirm both Joesman and Jackda, know their dead heat rules. £2 ew at 80/1 paid Win - £2.00 / 5 = 0.40p x 80 = £32.00 + 0.40p = £32.40 Place - 80 / 4 = £2.00 x 20 = £40.00 + £2.00 = £42.00 Total returns = £74.40 Can't quite get my head around where the other £1.60 goes for the win return, (they give you a 1/5 of your stake back, not the full amount). I'm sure I've never had a bet before where, I picked the winner, but got more back for the place money! Good Luck all!
    Posted by TheDart
    That's easy to explain.... The Bookies satchels!!... To be fair that's only right because only 1/5 of your bet is a winner. The bookies are paying out on 5 winners, all at 1/5 which equates to one full winner. 

Well done though, nice pick. I can't believe that I'm frustrated Fraser is as little as 3 off the lead. I'd give up on him 1/2 way through his round yesterday, but he left 3 or 4 shots out there this morning. If no one gets 'away' today/tom morning finishing their 2nd round off, gonna be another close one. 
  • edited April 2013
    I noticed Johan Edfors is up there contending this week. He should of got a suspension for what he did the other week! It's such a bad example to set to youngsters, he should of got banned for 4 tournaments he was ellegible to play in, that would stop some of these pros behaving like idiots!
  • edited April 2013
    I noticed Johan Edfors is up there contending this week. He should of got a suspension for what he did the other week! It's such a bad example to set to youngsters, he should of got banned for 4 tournaments he was ellegible to play in, that would stop some of these pros behaving like idiots!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Good timing Flash..... Curse struck again lol
  • edited April 2013
    Good!!

I'm not even watching it, just the online scores
  • edited April 2013
    Posted by FlashFlush
    What did he do Flash?
  • edited April 2013
    At the Trophee Hassan, (Which incidentally is the King of Morocco's back garden) he snapped his club over his leg going down the 9th because he played a bad shot. Then later on he did exactly the same thing so ended up snapping 2 clubs in 1 round! I think there is a clip on youtube
  • edited April 2013
    At the Trophee Hassan, (Which incidentally is the King of Morocco's back garden) he snapped his club over his leg going down the 9th because he played a bad shot. Then later on he did exactly the same thing so ended up snapping 2 clubs in 1 round! I think there is a clip on youtube
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Ta,will look at that tonight
  • edited April 2013
    Bobby gate's sitting t6 and is 100/1.

Don't know anything about him but surely he's worth a small bet at those odds
  • edited April 2013
    Played 7 events this season and missed the cut every time... Save your money.
  • edited April 2013
    Played 7 events this season and missed the cut every time... Save your money.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Obv' get on him now after such a bold statement... Reverse forum luck thingy lol.......
  • edited April 2013
    I don't know anything about the geezer, but I've just had a tenner ew on him @100/1... Come on Bobby Dazzler!!!!!
  • edited April 2013
    not been watching first two days but did notice ricky barnes shot 8 under only to dissapear off the ioddschecker boards now so goodness knows what hes done i couldnt even see him on pga leaderboard. 

had a cheeky tenner win there now on Sir Nicholas Watney 20/1, 2 solid rounds of 69 behind him and 6 strokes off the lead
  • edited April 2013
    Darty looks like we're going head to head with Rumford and Fraser. Though I fear we are playing for a place as Noren looks strong. Shame Fraser decided to give the whole field 2 shots at the last with his skew-wiff approach. Big sigh....
  • edited April 2013
    Darty looks like we're going head to head with Rumford and Fraser. Though I fear we are playing for a place as Noren looks strong. Shame Fraser decided to give the whole field 2 shots at the last with his skew-wiff approach. Big sigh....
    Posted by joesman1
    Yes good luck, hope Fraser finishes top 5 for you, just behind Rumford ;)

I think if both finish top 5 it'll be a good result, as you say Noren looks strong and Larrazabal is up for the challenge, still I'm hoping Rumford gives it a good go and if a few of them slip up, maybe Aphibarnrat can sneak back into a place.

I'm dead in the Zurich Classic, don't know what went wrong but DeLaet and Jones have both had shockers for me, I haven't seen much of it, looks like Glover is well in control.
  • edited April 2013
    Come on Billy!
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Zurich Classic + Ballantines) Year Profit: -102.19pts : Yes good luck, hope Fraser finishes top 5 for you, just behind Rumford ;) I think if both finish top 5 it'll be a good result, as you say Noren looks strong and Larrazabal is up for the challenge, still I'm hoping Rumford gives it a good go and if a few of the slip up, maybe Aphibarnrat can sneak back into a place. I'm dead in the Zurich Classic, don't know what went wrong but DeLaet and Jones have both had shockers for me, I haven't seen much of it, looks like Glover is well in control.
    Posted by TheDart
    Once again I spoke to soon, 10 minutes later he gets a bogey and just hit a very iffy iron off the tee on 17.

Good luck Flash and others on the boy Billy.

Also Jackda on Jimmy Walker, though I've backed him a few times recently but not this week, so if I'm honest I hope he gets a place for you and save's the win for another week, sorry.

• edited April 2013
    Wd Darty (through gritted teeth lol). He won it... Gave it away... Then won it again. I sooooo nearly backed him pre final round @ 12/1. Then nearly again on the last when he carved his tee shot but was playable, he was 6/1 @ at point. 

I'm gonna have a decent chunk on Jimmy Walker @ 13/2 to try make up for my near miss. Just don't see Glover holding on, so the 12 unders are leading. And Bobby Gates still has a slim chance of placing. Gan on The Dazzler!!
  • edited April 2013
  • edited April 2013
    Well done Dart!! Nice 80/1 score there!

Also well done Neil, so close.
  • edited April 2013
    Wd Darty (through gritted teeth lol). He won it... Gave it away... Then won it again. I sooooo nearly backed him pre final round @ 12/1. Then nearly again on the last when he carved his tee shot but was playable, he was 6/1 @ at point.  I'm gonna have a decent chunk on Jimmy Walker @ 13/2 to try make up for my near miss. Just don't see Glover holding on, so the 12 unders are leading. And Bobby Gates still has a slim chance of placing. Gan on The Dazzler!!
    Posted by joesman1

Wd dart on a nice win. Shame aphribarnrat didn't get a place for you aa well just to put the icing on the cake.

Re the zurich. Gates actually did quite well to be +2 after 6 to finish -2 for the day. If he could hit a 66 or 67 you think he'd have a good chance.

You imagine Glover will shoot somewhere between par and -3 meaning anyone hitting 5 to 7 under from the chasing pack shouldn't be too far away. the chasing pack is quite big so you'd think ssomeone will put in a good round to pressure glover. Hoping for Horchel win and gates place lol

Edit obviously a gates win would be more lucrative for me but im realistic lol

• edited April 2013
    Also u have bagged nearly £300k more than me in the Fantasy Team Darty. I reckon u might just hit the top 100. Think I'll more or less stay where I am. 
  • edited April 2013
    Well done Dart!! Nice 80/1 score there! Also well done Neil, so close.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Cheers Charles, gl on Horschel tonight. 
  • edited April 2013
    I'm glad Pablo didn't win after backing him for last 4 weeks.

Gl us on Billy tonight, could do with a win!
  • edited April 2013
    How many places is your bet on Gates, Neil?

Come on Billy!