You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Wells Fargo + Volvo China Open) Year Profit: -43.19pts:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Wells Fargo + Volvo China Open) Year Profit: -43.19pts : Np.... Just in box me your log on details, I'll play like a novice, and no one will be any wiser.....
    Posted by joesman1

If you played for him, he would prob get 7th.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Wells Fargo + Volvo China Open) Year Profit: -43.19pts:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Wells Fargo + Volvo China Open) Year Profit: -43.19pts : If you played for him, he would prob get 7th.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    U mean I wouldn't even make my 1st final table of the millennium?
  • edited May 2013
    I've properly dived into it this week. I got a free £5 bet from Skybet, so I've added that to my Aphibarnrat + Simpson double... Potential of £1400 return.
  • edited May 2013
    I've properly dived into it this week. I got a free £5 bet from Skybet, so I've added that to my Aphibarnrat + Simpson double... Potential of £1400 return.
    Posted by FlashFlush

That'd be a nice wee win made all the sweeter as its on the back of a free bet. Fingers crossed for you especially as I have Simpson too :)

I've decided to have a go at some first round leaders for a change on wells fargo to go with my outrights:

Garcia 33/1 -kind of self explanatory really. He's good in patches but staying power is always in doubt.

Garrigus 60/1 -good record here. Tempted by him in the outright market but have too many doubts about his ability to get over the line.

Byrd 100/1 - not in good form but good record here over last few years. 

All just £1 ew

How does everyone think the likes of mcilroy, Fowler and mickelson will do? Their odds don't make them good value for me but interested to hear some opinions on them because all 3 obviously have the talent to win it
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Wells Fargo + Volvo China Open) Year Profit: -43.19pts : That'd be a nice wee win made all the sweeter as its on the back of a free bet. Fingers crossed for you especially as I have Simpson too :) I've decided to have a go at some first round leaders for a change on wells fargo to go with my outrights: Garcia 33/1 -kind of self explanatory really. He's good in patches but staying power is always in doubt. Garrigus 60/1 -good record here and from idaho. Tempted by him in the outright market but have too many doubts about his ability to get over the line. Byrd 100/1 - not in good form but good record here over last few years.  All just £1 ew How does everyone think the likes of mcilroy, Fowler and mickelson will do? Their odds don't make them good value for me but interested to hear some opinions on them because all 3 obviously have the talent to win it
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Well I've gone for Mickelson. Not sure I've ever backed him in the past as I think his odds are always way too short. This year however, he wil be desperate to win at this course where he has come so close so many times. His 3 wood is keeping his drives under control which has always been his problem, obviously his short game can rescue him from anywhere, so I feel he has a great chance this week.
    McIlroy? Well who knows, with him, it depends which MicIlroy turns up. If the McIlroy of last year turns up, he should win, but he hasn't been here this year.
    I was originally going to go for Fowler. When I watch the golf on Sunday's I think about who I am going to go for the week after going by their form. I had said to myself Rickie was the 1 this week, but then when I saw he was the defending champ that put me right off. It's so hard for a defending champ to turn up and play his best with all the media work and expectation on their shoulders.

That's just my opinion anyway...
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Wells Fargo + Volvo China Open) Year Profit: -43.19pts : Well I've gone for Mickelson. Not sure I've ever backed him in the past as I think his odds are always way too short. This year however, he wil be desperate to win at this course where he has come so close so many times. His 3 wood is keeping his drives under control which has always been his problem, obviously his short game can rescue him from anywhere, so I feel he has a great chance this week. McIlroy? Well who knows, with him, it depends which MicIlroy turns up. If the McIlroy of last year turns up, he should win, but he hasn't been here this year. I was originally going to go for Fowler. When I watch the golf on Sunday's I think about who I am going to go for the week after going by their form. I had said to myself Rickie was the 1 this week, but then when I saw he was the defending champ that put me right off. It's so hard for a defending champ to turn up and play his best with all the media work and expectation on their shoulders. That's just my opinion anyway...
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Wouldnt be too far off those thoughts myself.

Mcilroy showed a little bit of a return to form at the masters and with the break since then to work at his game I think he could start getting back to his best. With his results here it's hard not to fancy him but at his low odds there's too much risk the "wrong" mcilroy turns up. Just noticed in the paper mcilroy has also stirred up the olympics and country debate again which might distract him from the job at hand.

I nearly backed fowler myself but was put off by his low odds and inconsistency. never thought about his media responsibilites which is a very good point.

Mickelson is always a tricky one for me. I back him and he falls apart and when i consider backing him but dont he always turns up lol which probably means he'll stroll to victory this week! It's hard not to feel though that his powers are really starting to fade and like the other two he's normally either brilliant or nowhere near it. definitely capable of winning here and his record at this one is very good.

Be interested in watching these 3 in particular. especially as i have backed fowler for the us open in my last 3 majors bet.
  • edited May 2013

Mahan going well lol

2 over through 3  - have to stop having these brain waves on my bets!! anyway still plenty of time to come back.....I wont hold my breath though going on his current form

• edited May 2013

So garrigus finished in a 7 way tie for first round leader so off to a good start.

Thought I'd got really lucky last night when checked my account and saw returns of just under £60 for my £1 ew on him @ 60/1. Not bad for a 7 way tie i thought lol

Checked back last night and sky had realised their mistake and took the return down to £20 :(

Other bets just ok:

Simpson  -2
    Colesarts -2
    Cabrera  +1
    Mahan    +1

• edited May 2013
    Nice work JD with Garrigus, shame Sky noticed noticed their mistake.

I'm off to a good start too :D
  • edited May 2013
    Well with 1 round to play, Flash and Splash have big chances to get the ew double up with 4 different golfers. One of u might even hit the jackpot. I have my 3 in the top 10 but little chance of any return. So good luck to both of u. 
  • edited May 2013
    Thanks Neil. I won't be able to watch golf tonight as I'm going to Cheltenham to cheer on the cobblers. Would be icing on the cake if these golf bets came in. Gl flash mate.
  • edited May 2013
    Shocking day for kiradech and Pablo :-( the dream is over. Come on mickelson on!!
  • edited May 2013
    Rumford is playing out of his skin. I've still got a slim chance of Pablo top 5. Very frustrating to see him blow up on the 7th. Ah well over to Watney now.
  • edited May 2013
    Nice place with Victor there Neil. A great weekend for him with a 66 and a 68, topped off with a 69 tonight with his caddy!
  • edited May 2013
    T5 for Pablo will do me, could be worse.
  • edited May 2013
    WD Splashie and Neil!
  • edited May 2013
    WD Splashie and Neil!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Cheers Charles, didn't expect that. Think your man just ran out of steam after so many weeks in contention. Interesting over in the USA. Not inconceivable that there will be no play for next 2 days and they head straight to a play off. And wtf was Phil up to on the 15th & 16th?? Good luck with him.
  • edited May 2013
    Nice place with Victor there Neil. A great weekend for him with a 66 and a 68, topped off with a 69 tonight with his caddy!
    Posted by splashies
    Yes thanks Splash. And wow, she HAS to be the sexiest caddy ever!! Though as a punter on him, why not use a pro'? A good caddy is worth a shot or two at least every round. Well it's 3 * a 33/1 place, 3 weeks on the trot. But with the other bets factored in, not much profit tbh. Gl with Watney, u don't want to see him shanking any more shots today, that was a strange un. 
  • edited May 2013
    Wd splashie and neil. Mine have crumbled unless Simpson puts together a 63 or something today. If he did 2 of my ew doubles would come in with Larazabaal and dubisson (sp?). 

He was going along nicely yesterday at 4 thru 10 but gave 3 back coming down the stretch. Ah well guess ill just have to enjoy the golf just for the golf lol not quite as much fun.

Good luck to those with money on lefty
  • edited May 2013
    Anyone know what's happened to The Dart? He normally mentions it when he's away, and I don't recall him saying anything. He must have access to the Internet as he changed his Fantasy Team during the week. 
  • edited May 2013
    Yeah I wondered what happened with him. Like you said he works away from time to time, maybe has just done the fantasy team but not posted on the forum. Probably sunning himself somewhere thanks to Brett Rumford!
  • edited May 2013
    Catch up Post Last week.

Get in Brett Rumford! :)
    Thought he'd blown it but he certainly came good in the play off.
    Unlucky with Fraser Neil, but still a nice place return.

Well done all those on Billy Horschel and Bobby Gates, never heard of Gates myself, don't think I've ever seen him strike a ball.

I couldn't access sky accounts so couldn't post on here and had limited options on placing any bets.

I tried in vain to back Rumford in running at 25/1 during day 1, but couldn't get the bet on, I eventually managed to back him Friday night at 13/2 in a win double with Watney at 6/1.

I also got on Nick Watney ew at 28/1 and doubled him with Victor Debuisson at 33/1, so like a few of you I'm cheering on Watney big style today.

Failed bets in China were Baldwin and Edfors.

I've had a better 3 days at Quail Hollow as I've also got Ryan Moore 55/1 and Bo Van Pelt 66/1 still in the running.

Good Luck all (that are on Nick Watney) ;)

• edited May 2013
    Jeez... Sounds like you can't lose then!!
  • edited May 2013
    Lol not much sunning myself.

I watched Rumford win the playoff on my phone at Manchester airport last week, I was smiling for the duration of the flight :)

I tried to post beofre I left but the wifi at the airport was playing up.

I was in Delhi for a few days and then Dubai, I found Dubai to be a complete no access zone for any online site linked to gambling, this included, skybet, skypoker forum, sky fantasy football and the lottery!
  • edited May 2013
    Lol not much sunning myself. I watched Rumford win the playoff on my phone at Manchester airport last week, I was smiling for the duration of the flight :) I tried to post beofre I left but the wifi at the airport was playing up. I was in Delhi for a few days and then Dubai, I found Dubai to be a complete no access zone for any online site linked to gambling, this included, skybet, skypoker forum, sky fantasy football and the lottery!
    Posted by TheDart
    You can get bet365 but I couldnt get any of the others in Dubai either.
  • edited May 2013
    Lol not much sunning myself. I watched Rumford win the playoff on my phone at Manchester airport last week, I was smiling for the duration of the flight :) I tried to post beofre I left but the wifi at the airport was playing up. I was in Delhi for a few days and then Dubai, I found Dubai to be a complete no access zone for any online site linked to gambling, this included, skybet, skypoker forum, sky fantasy football and the lottery!
    Posted by TheDart
    54th in the overal rankings now... Your a machine! lol
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Wells Fargo + Volvo China Open) Year Profit: -43.19pts : You can get bet365 but I couldnt get any of the others in Dubai either.
    Posted by vaigret
    Not for me this time Father, I couldnt access Bet365 or any other site via my laptop or phone.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Wells Fargo + Volvo China Open) Year Profit: -43.19pts : 54th in the overal rankings now... Your a machine! lol
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I don't know about me but Brett Rumford has certainly played like a machine these last 2 weeks.

Just goes to show if you can find a player or two just off the radar, you can shoot up the leaderboard in these fantasy comp's.
  • edited May 2013
    Jeez... Sounds like you can't lose then!!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Well Flash mate, looking at the leaderboard right now, I haven't got a player in the top 5, so lose I can!

I also forgot to post that I backed David Lynn ew first 4 at 125/1.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Wells Fargo + Volvo China Open) Year Profit: -43.19pts : 54th in the overal rankings now... Your a machine! lol
    Posted by FlashFlush

Yep well done Darty. Two bad weeks on the trot for me. Nearly 700k behind now, that's the equivalent of me finding the BMW PGA winner.