You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited May 2013
    players championship luke donald 18s thorbjorn oleson 70s and boo weekly 125s all £2 each way gl all
  • edited May 2013
    Very early days, but McIlroy is -3 thru 5, and still 9/1, so I've added a £5 win only on him... Of coure now I've mentioned it on here he is going to shove 6 balls in the water on 17!
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (The Players Championship) Year Profit: -55.94pts:
    Very early days, but McIlroy is -3 thru 5, and still 9/1, so I've added a £5 win only on him... Of coure now I've mentioned it on here he is going to shove 6 balls in the water on 17!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Or birdie 16 and then stick his tee shot to 6 ft and make the birdie on 17!
  • edited May 2013
    As I've only backed Donald up to now. This morning I've added Simpson ew @ 22/1. 
  • edited May 2013
    Is Keegan injured??? Cos the exchanges go about 130ish to 1 and his downfall yday came last 3 holes. If that was just a mishap then I feel much more assured about backin him e/w at 80/1 think this is huge price. 
  • edited May 2013
    Was gonna suggest snedeker also but he's already started brightly an halved in price thru 5 holes as a result so gonna add PETER HANSON at 100/1 and Go with him and Bradley. Minus an unwanted and terrible snowman on the 18th (his 9th) he had a very good round and would've been bang at the top considering he finished -2. Did very well to salvage good round considering he got to + 3 at one stage on his back 9 and he's one who could soar up leader board if things drop right. 
  • edited May 2013
    bets mixed as usual

First round leaders all fell short although castano got me excited for about 10mintues when he went two under through thru 3. followed up with an 8 on the par 3 4th......put a dampener on it slightly lol

Other runners:

Westwood -9 t2
    Simpson -6 t13
    Els          MC
    mcdowell  MC

Added scott at the start of play at 34/1 now sitting t9

Although not sure my lucks in this weekend after just getting knocked out of the mini in 11th with AA (which if they'd held up would have put me 2nd in chips) :(
  • edited May 2013

A mixed bag for me as well.

Gmac and Clark gone home, and Van Pelt looks being first to leave the course on Sunday.

On the plus side Henrik Stenson is well placed and I backed Casey Wittenberg at 500/1 when he was -2 after 4 holes of his first round.

Also Graham DeLaet is currently 5th of the ROW players, I need him top 4 for a return.

I've just backed Chris Kirk to be top USA player without Woods, 25/1 ew first 4 and 66/1 ew first 4 without Woods and Sergio.

• edited May 2013
    Just had a look at the course info for the matchplay event this week and it looks very interesting! A par 5 that's pretty much 700 yards long, but also a par 4 measuring only 330! It's build on a cliff so half of the holes have O.B running down all 1 side. It looks to me it's going to all be about the drives, plenty of long holes, and if one side is a complete no-no then it's going to be very challenging. So I think the key this week is finding a long straight hitter who has a decent matchplay record... Goodluck with that one! lol
  • edited May 2013
    Volvo Matchplay

Peter Hanson 2pts e/w @ 16/1
    Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano 2pts e/w @ 20/1

Byron Nelson

Jason Day 5pts (Freebet) Win @ 14/1
    D.A Points 2pts e/w @ 45/1

4 0.5pt e/w Doubles.
  • edited May 2013
    Byron Nelson

Most weeks there's a player that ticks every box and looks like he just has to win or at least be nailed on top 5, but for one reason or another ends up in the 'too good to be true category', this week I nominate Jason Day as the player that can't fail but will! (sorry Splashies, no offence meant, just setting myself up for a bit of egg on face).

So I had Mark Leishman and Ryan Palmer on my short list, but was shocked to see them as low as 20/1 along with the likes of Louis Oosthuizen Charl Schwartzel, Keegan Bradley and Dustin Johnson, which is rather mean of the bookies I think.

In search of better value (balance between value and a winning bet definitely up for debate this week)....

Jimmy Walker - 40/1, resident in Texas who is on a run of 22 cuts made (best on tour), which has included 4 top 5's and 6 top 10's. Finished off at The Players with a tied best round of the day on Sunday, which included a visit to the water and double bogey on 17. At twice the odds of aforementioned players a top 5 with a profit seems plausible and a victory not impossible.

Jordan Spieth - 40/1, another Texas resident, who tied 16th here on his PGA Tour debut in 2010, showed up on plenty of leaderboards on his first full year on the tour, including 3 top 10 finishes.

Graham DeLaet - 125/1, continues to play well, excels (top 5 in the field) most weeks in at least one area of the game, be it total driving, greens in regulation or scrambling, the putting stats are not so hot, but I'm still not convinced GDL is a bad putter. Finshed a never nearer 26th last week which was another result in the right direction, if he was 20/1 - 40/1 I probably wouldn't back him with so much enthusiasm this week, but at 125/1 he's a Jackpot Bonus and is one of my main bets.
  • edited May 2013
    I've not done a huge amount of research, especially the Madeira Islands, but I feel my picks are showing some decent form and are pretty solid.

Madeira Islands

Picked Santos here last year @ 80/1, so can't leave this tournament alone this year :P

Mark Tullo - 50/1 - Was up there competing for a couple of weeks, been a bit quiet for a while now, he has been off for 3 weeks though. He is a better golfer than most of these, he just needs to find his A game and he will have a great chance.

Andy Sullivan 33/1 - A bit hit and miss lately, but a T14 last time out at the China Open will give him the much needed confidence he needs going into a weak field like this.

Matchplay

Nicolas Colsaerts - 9/1 - Has the game for this course IMO. Naturally hits it a long way, so won't be trying to slog it on the long holes. Proven in the past he is a great in Matchplay. Will of also picked up a lot of experience while being in America lately.

Peter Hanson - 14/1 - I've backed him a few times this year with no success, so after seeing Splashies go for him I can't let him get the win and not me!

Byron Nelson

Ryan Palmer - 25/1 - I'm surprised neither of you have mentioned Ryan. Increasingly good performances including a 5th at the PLAYERS. Last 2 results here have been T8 and T2. - My main pick of the week.

Jimmy Walker - 40/1 - Has been on my radar for a bit, had a 67 on Sunday. Butch has got him playing some really good golf and with a few big names missing I expect him to be up there.

As I'm clinically insane/ extremely optimistic I have put all these in doubles and trebles. It could be a very profitable week, although I'm not holding my breath! 50p e/w doubles and 25p e/w trebles.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Volvo Matchplay + Byron Nelson)) Year Profit: -79.94pts:
    I've not done a huge amount of research, especially the Madeira Islands, but I feel my picks are showing some decent form and are pretty solid. Madeira Islands Picked Santos here last year @ 80/1, so can't leave this tournament alone this year :P Mark Tullo - 50/1 - Was up there competing for a couple of weeks, been a bit quiet for a while now, he has been off for 3 weeks though. He is a better golfer than most of these, he just needs to find his A game and he will have a great chance. Andy Sullivan  33/1 - A bit hit and miss lately, but a T14 last time out at the China Open will give him the much needed confidence he needs going into a weak field like this. Matchplay Nicolas Colsaerts  - 9/1 - Has the game for this course IMO. Naturally hits it a long way, so won't be trying to slog it on the long holes. Proven in the past he is a great in Matchplay. Will of also picked up a lot of experience while being in America lately. Peter Hanson - 14/1 - I've backed him a few times this year with no success, so after seeing Splashies go for him I can't let him get the win and not me! Byron Nelson Ryan Palmer - 25/1 - I'm surprised neither of you have mentioned Ryan. Increasingly good performances including a 5th at the PLAYERS. Last 2 results here have been T8 and T2. - My main pick of the week. Jimmy Walker  - 40/1 - Has been on my radar for a bit, had a 67 on Sunday. Butch has got him playing some really good golf and with a few big names missing I expect him to be up there. As I'm clinically insane/ extremely optimistic I have put all these in doubles and trebles. It could be a very profitable week, although I'm not holding my breathe! 50p e/w doubles and 25p e/w trebles.
    Posted by FlashFlush

ahem, please see above post

So I had Mark Leishman and Ryan Palmer on my short list, but was shocked to see them as low as 20/1

Nice picks Flash, good luck!

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Volvo Matchplay + Byron Nelson)) Year Profit: -79.94pts:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Volvo Matchplay + Byron Nelson)) Year Profit: -79.94pts : ahem, please see above post So I had Mark Leishman and Ryan Palmer on my short list , but was shocked to see them as low as 20/1 Nice picks Flash, good luck!
    Posted by TheDart
    Oh yeah. Didn't really read that bit properly. Just remembered you mentioned Leishman!
  • edited May 2013
    Madeira Islands Open

Like Jason Day at the Byron, Ricardo Santos looks nailed on for top 5 at the very least, just too good to be true and at 14/1 I can't back him.

Instead my value bets are:

Andreas Harto - 33/1, I've been biding my time with Harto, a winner on the Challenge Tour last year and some decent results on the main tour this year, he was 3rd in last years event and with a weakened field this year, I REALLY like Harto's chances at 33/1!!!

Peter Whiteford - 50/1, So close to a first win at The Ballantines last month, he's had a few near misses and with a game that should suit this weeks conditions, he is one of the more established players in the event, I like his chances of at least a place.

Eduardo De La Riva - 66/1, one of the lesser know Spaniards, but with some of his best results coming at events with similar conditions to Madeira, possibly overpriced in a relatively open field.

• edited May 2013
    Volvo Matchplay

A very poor event as far as offering any real value, with Poulter, Stenson, GMac and Colsaerts pretty much 8/1 co-favourites in a field of 24 with place 1 and 2. 

I might have an accumulator or 2 or the group betting, in the meantime...

I've taken the same insane / extremely optimistic and bookies delight as Flash of adding a few picks to make up some daft doubles and trebles.

George Cotzee - 20/1, Like him a lot, long off the tee and been putting like a demon this year, no idea if matchplay will suit him though.

Chris Wood - 33/1, Soft spot for Wood as he was a nice priced winner for me earlier this season, nearest signs to any matchplay form I could find was a 2009 appearance in the Vivendi Trophy, where he was undefeated picking up 4 1/2 points, so if that's anything to go by he could be a matchplay champion in waiting.

Kiradech Aphibarnrat - 66/1, similar reasons to Wood really, he was a good priced winner for me, one of the golfers in real top form and he can welly it off the tee, which is possibly a good strength to have this week.

• edited May 2013
    I've not done a huge amount of research, especially the Madeira Islands, but I feel my picks are showing some decent form and are pretty solid. Madeira Islands Picked Santos here last year @ 80/1, so can't leave this tournament alone this year :P Mark Tullo - 50/1 - Was up there competing for a couple of weeks, been a bit quiet for a while now, he has been off for 3 weeks though. He is a better golfer than most of these, he just needs to find his A game and he will have a great chance. Andy Sullivan  33/1 - A bit hit and miss lately, but a T14 last time out at the China Open will give him the much needed confidence he needs going into a weak field like this. Matchplay Nicolas Colsaerts  - 9/1 - Has the game for this course IMO. Naturally hits it a long way, so won't be trying to slog it on the long holes. Proven in the past he is a great in Matchplay. Will of also picked up a lot of experience while being in America lately. Peter Hanson - 14/1 - I've backed him a few times this year with no success, so after seeing Splashies go for him I can't let him get the win and not me! Byron Nelson Ryan Palmer - 25/1 - I'm surprised neither of you have mentioned Ryan. Increasingly good performances including a 5th at the PLAYERS. Last 2 results here have been T8 and T2. - My main pick of the week. Jimmy Walker  - 40/1 - Has been on my radar for a bit, had a 67 on Sunday. Butch has got him playing some really good golf and with a few big names missing I expect him to be up there. As I'm clinically insane/ extremely optimistic I have put all these in doubles and trebles. It could be a very profitable week, although I'm not holding my breath! 50p e/w doubles and 25p e/w trebles.
    Posted by FlashFlush

Just noticed he has an early tee time, and with him being my main pick of the week, it would be rude not to back him as 1st round leader! 28/1!

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Volvo Matchplay + Byron Nelson)) Year Profit: -79.94pts : Just noticed he has an early tee time, and with him being my main pick of the week, it would be rude not to back him as 1st round leader! 28/1!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Sigh you had to mention first round leader market didn't you, with the daft doubles and trebles in place, I didn't want to do any more bets.

So I checked out the tee times with one eye shut, hoping Graham DeLaet has got a rubbish end of the day tee time..... he's in the first group going out from the first hole, potentially an ideal draw and one bookmaker is offering a remarkable (in my mind anyway) 100/1, so as you say Flash, it would be rude of me not to take up the offer.
  • edited May 2013
    Right.....how many have picked golfers playing the Madeira Open in their Fantasy Team this week?? Non I'm assuming. Well Colsearts did me a favour in this last year, so I'm sticking with him @ 10/1 win only on a course made for him. Just hope his clubs turn up today. I'm taking Molinari @ 28/1 and Coatzee @ 25/1 from the other side of the draw both ew. 

As for the Byron Nelson, I'm keeping my powder dry til after the 1st two rounds as I've no strong opinion. But I have taken Darts 100/1 ew with Corals, on his man Delaet 1st round leader. 1st time I've touched him, just think that's way too big for someone who starts fast, and is out in the very 1st group. Very noticable he is only 66/1 with plenty of firms. 
  • edited May 2013
    Right.....how many have picked golfers playing the Madeira Open in their Fantasy Team this week?? Non I'm assuming. Well Colsearts did me a favour in this last year, so I'm sticking with him @ 10/1 win only on a course made for him. Just hope his clubs turn up today. I'm taking Molinari @ 28/1 and Coatzee @ 25/1 from the other side of the draw both ew.  As for the Byron Nelson, I'm keeping my powder dry til after the 1st two rounds as I've no strong opinion. But I have taken Darts 100/1 ew with Corals, on his man Delaet 1st round leader. 1st time I've touched him, just think that's way too big for someone who starts fast, and is out in the very 1st group. Very noticable he is only 66/1 with plenty of firms. 
    Posted by joesman1
    I did have a look at that, for a sneaky way of gaining points, but even if a player goes out rd1 of the matchplay they get 32k I think it was. You need a top 3 finish in Portugal to beat that, so common sense says all 10 should be matchplayers!
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Volvo Matchplay + Byron Nelson)) Year Profit: -79.94pts : I did have a look at that, for a sneaky way of gaining points, but even if a player goes out rd1 of the matchplay they get 32k I think it was. You need a top 3 finish in Portugal to beat that, so common sense says all 10 should be matchplayers!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Yep, simply no point in picking anyone in Madeira this week. As for Delaet, just back fom Corals, good to see a manager who knows his onions. He took the bet (£50ew) with no hesitation. Found the correct market and price, and didn't have a tizzy fit saying, "I'll have to get this authorised", then spending the next ten mins on the phone, trying to explain the bet to another un trained operator at the other end. The incompetence to be found in shops nowadays is one of the reasons why many of us turn to on-line betting. The reason the bet is £50ew I shall explain. It's the Sheffield leg of the Gentings Poker Tour this w/e. Me and my poker pal Rosjim fancy playing it. £440 is a bit steep to buy direct in, so we are both playing the on-line satellite tonight. If we fail miserably, I'm pinning my hopes on Delaet bagging a top 5 spot. A place return bags £1300 and buys us both in with plenty to spare. Come on Delaet!!!!
  • edited May 2013
    Good luck with that Neil! I may have to just be a sucker and join you both so I can cheer him on properly! Don't think I'll go £50 e/w though ;-)
  • edited May 2013
    And before any of you say it... I have made sure I have actually backed them as 1st round leader this time, not outright!!!!
  • edited May 2013
    Wow Joesman I know you are a proper betting man but even so, on seeing the size of your bet I feel obliged to up my stakes and have doubled my bet to £16 ew on Graham DeLaet, he's still 100/1 with Corals.

That's the biggest bet I've had on GDL and the biggest bet by far on a first round leader market.

I really need to start thinking before I post on here, lol, you only live once!

Come on Flash get your pennies on, in return I'm going to have a saver on Ryan Palmer for first round leader.
  • edited May 2013
    Wow Joesman I know you are a proper betting man but even so, on seeing the size of your bet I feel obliged to up my stakes and have doubled my bet to £16 ew on Graham DeLaet, he's still 100/1 with Corals. That's the biggest bet I've had on GDL and the biggest bet by far on a first round leader market. I really need to start thinking before I post on here, lol, you only live once! Come on Flash get your pennies on, in return I'm going to have a saver on Ryan Palmer for first round leader.
    Posted by TheDart
    I only put that amount on so ensuring even just a place return pays us both into the tournie at Sheffield. 
  • edited May 2013
    Byron Nelson Championship!

£33 staked to get a profit of £102.35 if any one of the selected win outright!

Jason Day £11.28 win     @12/1
    Jason Duffner £8.46 win    @16/1
    Louis Oosthuizen £6.15 win   @22/1
    Jimmy Walker £4.10 win       @33/1
    Ben Crane £3.01 win          @45/1

To be First Round leader!

Jason Day £6.33 win  @20/1
    Jason Duffer £5.75 win @22/1
    Louis Oosthuizen £4.22 win @ 30/1
    Jimmy Walker  £3.16 win @ 40/1
    Ben Crane £2.53 win @50/1

£22 staked to give me a profit of £104.59 should any one win!
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Volvo Matchplay + Byron Nelson)) Year Profit: -79.94pts : I only put that amount on so ensuring even just a place return pays us both into the tournie at Sheffield. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Wishing you all the best of luck with DeLaet and good luck to you and Rosjim if you do make it to Sheffield.

I'd been thinking about trying to win a seat myself, but I've got too much going on over the next few days.

I agree with you and Flash on the fantasy comp this week, its not worth the risk picking anyone in Madeira, I was tempted to stick Harto in, but he's really got to finish top 3, the safer option and the strategy everyone else has gone for is 10 picks in the Matchplay.

I thought about leaving Poulter out, as I'm not sure he's even close to his B game, never mind his A game at the moment, but again decided it's not worth the risk of losing ground on everyone else.

Though he's been good to me I think I'm going to drop Aphibarnrat though, as I think he's got a terrible draw with Colsaerts and Grace, there must be someone I've overlooked that has a better chance of getting through the group stages.

Good Luck all!!!
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Volvo Matchplay + Byron Nelson)) Year Profit: -79.94pts : Wishing you all the best of luck with DeLaet and good luck to you and Rosjim if you do make it to Sheffield. I'd been thinking about trying to win a seat myself, but I've got too much going on over the next few days. I agree with you and Flash on the fantasy comp this week, its not worth the risk picking anyone in Madeira, I was tempted to stick Harto in, but he's really got to finish top 3, the safer option and the strategy everyone else has gone for is 10 picks in the Matchplay. I thought about leaving Poulter out, as I'm not sure he's even close to his B game, never mind his A game at the moment, but again decided it's not worth the risk of losing ground on everyone else. Though he's been good to me I think I'm going to drop Aphibarnrat though, as I think he's got a terrible draw with Colsaerts and Grace, there must be someone I've overlooked that has a better chance of getting through the group stages. Good Luck all!!!
    Posted by TheDart
    I've had a good nose at yours and Flashes teams this week. U have both gone 6-4 in picks over the 2 halves of the draw. Gonna be interesting to see how it pans out. 

As for the poker, Rosjim got in via the satellite, I missed out. Now that creates a further dilemma if Delaet fails. Can I let him go alone, or do I be a pal, dig deep, and stump up the entrance fee??
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Volvo Matchplay + Byron Nelson)) Year Profit: -79.94pts : I've had a good nose at yours and Flashes teams this week. U have both gone 6-4 in picks over the 2 halves of the draw. Gonna be interesting to see how it pans out.  As for the poker, Rosjim got in via the satellite, I missed out. Now that creates a further dilemma if Delaet fails. Can I let him go alone, or do I be a pal, dig deep, and stump up the entrance fee??
    Posted by joesman1
    I reckon you'll be leaning towards not letting your pal down, I think I'd be looking to do a deal with Rosjim, (10% stake in each other or something like that), edge your bets.

What time does it start, can you put the decision off until Delaet is into his round?
  • edited May 2013
    Fantasy wise, I think I've been a bit of a 'follower' this week which is not my style, I ditched Aphibarnrat in the end as not only does he have a tough draw, but he's playing both his matches tomorrow and I don't think fitness is young Kiradech's forte :) I'd already backed him before the draw was made, so I'll still be hoping he can get through as I've left Grace out of my fantasy team.

Plumped for Shane Lowry in the end, he's also of similar stature to Aphibarnrat and playing both matches tomorrow, but my gamble this week is to oppose Peter Hanson, I think nearly everyone has gone for him and now I'm double handed in the Hanson group with Lowry and Coetzee.

Big fantasy winner this week would be Chris Wood.