You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Lots of bad beat stories from the poker tables tonight, so could really do with a win from Billy. Certainly not counting any chickens though, D.A is doing really well, can't believe he is only 1 back. Anything can happen, although it does look like a 2 horse race now.
  • edited April 2013
    Looking good Charles.... But Bobby Bobby Dazzler..... That missed putt on the last might cost me a cheeky 25/1 place winner!!
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Zurich Classic + Ballantines) Year Profit: -102.19pts:
    How many places is your bet on Gates, Neil? Come on Billy! 
    Posted by splashies
    This...?
  • edited April 2013
    Seriously?!?! They couldn't wait another 30 minutes..
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Zurich Classic + Ballantines) Year Profit: -102.19pts:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Zurich Classic + Ballantines) Year Profit: -102.19pts : This...?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Only top 4 as was only placed yesterday tea time. Might scrape a d/h for 4th place with Glover if he fails to birdie the last. 
  • edited April 2013
    Well I can't wait up any longer to see if they re-commence, this fool has been up since 5am so he could see Fraser fail. Gl Flash and Splash. And bad luck Glover, that lake demands your ball off the tee. 
  • edited April 2013
    Get in Billy!! Fair play to D.A, put up 1 hell of a fight!

Well done Splashies and JD for picking him as well!
  • edited April 2013
    Get in Billy!! Fair play to D.A, put up 1 hell of a fight! Well done Splashies and JD for picking him as well!
    Posted by FlashFlush

Wd mate always nice to get a winner. Thought he was about to throw it away at the end but it was some putt to win it.

Also with gates scraping a place win as well it made it another good week for me.

3 wins in a row for me now, in scott, McDowell and now Horschel :)
  • edited April 2013
    well done to those on Horschel, hes sh17 hot at the mo. and DA!!! 
  • edited April 2013
    Decent week all round guys wp.
  • edited April 2013
    This weeks picks are as follows... Really cba to write up my reasons but as usual mainly form and historic performances. Rafa is a pure gut pick.

Wells Fargo

Nick Watney 2pts e/w @ 28/1
    Lucas Glover 2pts e/w @ 66/1

Volvo China Open

Pablo Larrazabal 2pts e/w @ 25/1
    Rafael Cabrera-Bello 2pts e/w @ 50/1

4 0.5pt e/w Doubles
  • edited April 2013
    I was going to leave my bets for a bit and see where everyone was going as nothing stood out to me at first glance. But I've had a deeper look for 30 mins or so and hopefully pulled out some winners. Really nothing special this week, I've gone with some short price players. Don't see an outsider winner really this week as both courses are long and demanding.

Volvo China Open

Kiradech Aphibarnrat - 33/1 - Had never heard about this guy until you all started to tip him about a month ago, and he has been really impressive. This week I'm lookng for someone who played last week and did well so is not suffering from jet lag, and hits a the ball a long way as some of these holes are just stupidly long (287 yard par3. a 630 yard par 5 and 3 par 4's that are over 480 yards)

Stephen Gallacher 33/1 - Already a winner this year and playing really consistent, the only thing that worries me is he missed the cut here last year...

Wells Fargo

Some pretty basic obvious picks this week...

Phil Mickelson - 16/1 - Great history at Quail hollow, due a win here, 6 top 10's including a 2nd and 3rd but not won YET!

Webb Simpson - 20/1 - Will want to win this tournament more than any other as it's his local course. Apparently only lives a mile away so must know it inside out. Seems to be coming back to form and I would be surprised if he was outside the top 20 at least.

£1 e/w doubles
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Wells Fargo + Volvo China Open) Year Profit: -43.19pts:
    This weeks picks are as follows... Really cba to write up my reasons but as usual mainly form and historic performances. Rafa is a pure gut pick. Wells Fargo Nick Watney 2pts e/w @ 28/1 Lucas Glover 2pts e/w @ 66/1 Volvo China Open Pablo Larrazabal 2pts e/w @ 25/1 Rafael Cabrera-Bello 2pts e/w @ 50/1 4 0.5pt e/w Doubles
    Posted by splashies
    You not worried about glover's Mrs popping lol? Think she's due any day now.

Tempted by watney myself but will post all my picks tomorrow. Think Mahan is going to one of them though-he's been in poor form so far this year so has to turn it round sooner or later. At 40/1 or whatever I think he's a good price and has a pretty good record in this event.

Ps what happened to team casey? Haha
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Wells Fargo + Volvo China Open) Year Profit: -43.19pts:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Wells Fargo + Volvo China Open) Year Profit: -43.19pts : You not worried about glover's Mrs popping lol? Think she's due any day now. Tempted by watney myself but will post all my picks tomorrow. Think Mahan is going to one of them though-he's been in poor form so far this year so has to turn it round sooner or later. At 40/1 or whatever I think he's a good price and has a pretty good record in this event. Ps what happened to team casey? Haha
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Oh balls, I did hear something about this in the commentary last night but wasn't paying much attention as to who it was. That'll teach me to play poker and watch golf at same time.

Please Mrs Glover hold it in.

lol Casey can do one!

• edited April 2013
    Surprised your not on Colsaerts Mr Splashy. I nearly went with him after last week and at 50/1 I'm not sure why I didn't
  • edited April 2013
    Firstly v well done to last weeks winners. Maybe my turn this week after 2 near misses. After a bit of homework it's obvious this is a bombers course. So I'm afraid Fraser has bit the dust, as his in-ability to reach the 18th in 2 last week contributed to his near miss.

1st pick is someone I've mentioned a couple of times recently, Ricardo Gonzalez ew @ 100/1. He can give it some off the tee, and here there's little trouble to be found off it. 2nd pick is another bomber Steve Webster, ew @ 80/1. He is also high up in greens in regulation too. 3rd pick is, yep, yet again long off the tee, and has course form, Victor Dubuisson, ew @ 35/1. Maybe Jacquelin winning the other week might also help to inspire him to his 1st win. I might get tempted to have a bit win only on Noren @ 13/1. He holds the course record. Just the 13/1 putting me off. Might do an acca on the horses on weds with Noren as the last leg, least that way it won't cost much to get decent return should he and the acca win.
  • edited May 2013
    Wells fargo picks:

Webb Simpson 20/1      - not great odds but i really fancy him for this.
    Angel Cabrera  40/1      - he's trying to get back into the top 50 (lying 57 currently) for qulaification purposes and so he should be up for it. Oh and just couldnt resist I love the fat little argy :)
    Hunter Mahan 40/1       - form has to turn soon and they're good odds for his ability
    N Colesarts     50/1       - finished well at zurich and hoping he hits a bit of form.

all £2 ew

Euro

Didnt do any individual ones just done 8 50p doubles with Larazabaal, Dubisson, Simpson and Cabrera.

No idea about euro tour lol so no reasons for these two really. 
  • edited April 2013
    havent had a look at the wells fargo yet, thing about Simpson is i feel hes much better to back in running as from memory when hes been leading throughout a tournament he tends to bottle it, and visa versa ala winning US open making a huge charge on the Sunday you still could have had any price you like on the last day. Given the form the pickers are in ill look closer to him on moving day or Sunday with a potential view to back if hes within 7 odd shots of lead and get a nicer price. Given above, he may also be worth a flutter for 1st round markets
  • edited April 2013
    canford cliffs retired leg injury stands at coolmore stud
  • edited April 2013

In case you have not seen this yet Flash......I know you are on this thread every hour copying Joesmans bets so I thought I would post it here. It is the forum posters freeroll BTW. GL mate.

Here are the winners for April:
    Machka
    DTWBANDIT
    FlashFlush
    TINTIN
    devonfish5
    _Arazi_

The tournament is in the lobby now and you have all been registered! It takes place onThursday 2nd May at 9pm. 

• edited April 2013
    ^^^^^^^^^ 

Good to see a regular contributor to the thread get the recognition they deserve. Wd mate.

As for Colsaerts, I'm not convinced enough with him on the greens on the PGA tour just yet. I reckon next season will be his year, after this settling in year on tour.
  • edited April 2013
    In case you have not seen this yet Flash......I know you are on this thread every hour copying Joesmans bets so I thought I would post it here. It is the forum posters freeroll BTW. GL mate. Here are the winners for April: Machka DTWBANDIT FlashFlush TINTIN devonfish5 _Arazi_ The tournament is in the lobby now and you have all been registered! It takes place on Thursday 2nd May at 9pm.  
    Posted by MAXALLY
    WD flash thoroughly deserved!!
  • edited April 2013
    What what what? Why did I win something..??

OK done the research now... Cheers MP :-)
  • edited April 2013
    gonna plump for 4 e/w in the first round 

DA POINTS picks himself after last year and current form this past 2 months 50/1 

JONATHAN BYRD who i was on outright last year and shot 3 very solid 69's 80/1

KYLE STANLEY who played best golf in over a year when steamrolling last weekend 80/1

BRIAN HARMAN who opened last year with a round of 5 under before fading tamely out of contention, hes had one or two good rounds of late and is the type who could go low on a Thursday again at a price 150/1
  • edited April 2013
    What what what? Why did I win something..?? OK done the research now... Cheers MP :-)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Wd Flash
  • edited April 2013
    gonna throw 4 in the China Open with the 4 in the States for 1st round leader e/w doubles 

GRACE 18/1
    LARRAZABAL 28/1
    WARREN 66/1
    ANDERSSON HED 100/1 
  • edited April 2013
    In case you have not seen this yet Flash......I know you are on this thread every hour copying Joesmans bets so I thought I would post it here. It is the forum posters freeroll BTW. GL mate. Here are the winners for April: Machka DTWBANDIT FlashFlush TINTIN devonfish5 _Arazi_ The tournament is in the lobby now and you have all been registered! It takes place on Thursday 2nd May at 9pm.  
    Posted by MAXALLY
    About time someone on Punters Corner got recognition. Seems to me it's all about Poker Chat and  Poker Clinic Forum contributors getting nominated. Take it down Charles. 
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Wells Fargo + Volvo China Open) Year Profit: -43.19pts : About time someone on Punters Corner got recognition. Seems to me it's all about Poker Chat and  Poker Clinic Forum contributors getting nominated. Take it down Charles. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Unfortunatly I can't play Thursday evenings... Any other day would be fine :(, sucks really, but at least I win a minimum of £10 for just being in it.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Wells Fargo + Volvo China Open) Year Profit: -43.19pts : Unfortunatly I can't play Thursday evenings... Any other day would be fine :(, sucks really, but at least I win a minimum of £10 for just being in it.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Np.... Just in box me your log on details, I'll play like a novice, and no one will be any wiser.....
  • edited April 2013
    canford cliffs retired leg injury stands at coolmore stud
    Posted by daphne56
    ????