You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

1116117118119120122»

Comments

• edited July 2017
    Just the 2 
    Francesco Molinari and Steve Stricker
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2017 Season! : Just putting the finishing touches to my Open bets FRL Chris Wood  100/1 £2 EW   ( As viagret said - 5th last time here and out in 1st grp which should be big advantage) Winner : Ian Poulter : £3  94/1  ( Backed him last time at Birkdale and if it wasn,t for Harringtons gr8 finish he would have won it) Paul Casey : £3 43/1   (Shown some good form in last year) Lee Westwood : £2  84/1  ( Thought he,d be better price but he,l be well up for this and is deffo due a major) Tommy Fleetwood : £4 27/1  ( Not gr8 odds again but probably knows the course better than anyone) Phil Mickleson  : £5 FB  45/1  ( If  its not an Englishman that wins then i hope its him)  Ps - Does anyone know how long it will take the last group to go round on Sunday. Not sure whether to go by bus or train as last bus back is 8.30pm so will have to get away for 8.15pm.  I did read on the official site the other day that Tee off times on Sunday were 3pm for last group but that seems a little late and now its not there
    Posted by MP33

Even though nowadays it seems to take an age for them to get round, that tends to be the first 2 days in threeballs (3 players). On the Final Day it's normally about 4 hours (which tbh is an age for a twoball !!!) so should be done by 7pm I would say. The problem might be if it goes to a play-off which it could well do which would mean at least an hour extra.
  • edited July 2017
    done 4 jon rahm again lol tommy fleetwood brandon grace and matt kuchar
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2017 Season! : Even though nowadays it seems to take an age for them to get round, that tends to be the first 2 days in threeballs (3 players). On the Final Day it's normally about 4 hours (which tbh is an age for a twoball !!!) so should be done by 7pm I would say. The problem might be if it goes to a play-off which it could well do which would mean at least an hour extra.
    Posted by MISTY4ME
    NOW WHY DIDNT i THINK OF THAT WELL PLAYED MISTY
  • edited July 2017
      Rory Mcilroy 22/1 got to be worth an e/w bet even if he is playing dodgy.
  • edited July 2017
    My picks kaymer and casey wife's picks michelson and mcilroy gl all
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2017 Season! : NOW WHY DIDNT i THINK OF THAT WELL PLAYED MISTY
    Posted by vaigret
    Or if Jason Day is in the final pairing - could be there all night.

Don,t suppose were allowed to post any good streams for the golf.

i had trouble with it today - signed up for Now TV as they had a free 24 hour Sky Sports pass but the buffering was shocking so just left it and had to settle for the highlights programme on BBC. 

I think its pretty sad that they,ve managed to lose all live coverage. It will be Wimbledon next - That could be a good thing tho and get more people questioning what they are actually paying a TV license for

pleasantly suprised to hear they,ve got the USPGA next month (Sky must have given up on it) 
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2017 Season! : Or if Jason Day is in the final pairing - could be there all night. Don,t suppose were allowed to post any good streams for the golf. i had trouble with it today - signed up for Now TV as they had a free 24 hour Sky Sports pass but the buffering was shocking so just left it and had to settle for the highlights programme on BBC.  I think its pretty sad that they,ve managed to lose all live coverage. It will be Wimbledon next - That could be a good thing tho and get more people questioning what they are actually paying a TV license for pleasantly suprised to hear they,ve got the USPGA next month (Sky must have given up on it) 
    Posted by MP33
    Totally agree with regards BBC TV coverage for the  Open golf (and other sports). I used to spend 4 days on the sofa, watching every shot...... on the other hand, the wife is much happier now.
    I've heard on BBC Breakfast show that you can watch video highlights from Birkdale throughout the day, on the BBC Sport website. Not tried it yet but at least it's something.

SKY have given up the USPGA, so it will be good to see that on BBC, but I don't think they will get The Open back unless the Government intervenes, apparently SKY are paying £90 million for the rights, mind you if BBC got rid of Lineker and a few of the others, they might be able to afford to buy the rights.
  • edited July 2017
     10 places 1/5   8 places 1/4  6 places 1/4  20/1                20/1             25/1         Matsuyama  28/1                28/1             28/1         Scott  50/1                45/1             55/1         Kuchar                     50/1                55/1             66/1         Pieters      150/1              175/1            175/1       Dechambeau        400/1              400/1           400/1        Hend            The 8 and 6 places is the same bookies, some of the pricing is strange, why bet 6 when you get 8 at same price on 3 of them.               Thats the bets on went for 10 places, did them all e/w, 4 real contenders, 2 just a bit of fun, hope at least half of them make the cut, then I wont need to put more bets on at the weekend.
    Posted by rabdeniro
    5 made the cut so still got a bit of interest, also bet Mcilroy at e/w at 22/1, thought it was a big price.
  • edited July 2017
    Looks like we all missed Speith 

Pretty happy 

6 out of seven made the cut and Kuchar and Cabrera Ballo for the places so made a profit
  • edited July 2017
    Kuch & southgate got me a good profit... so unlucky for Kuch.

I personally think spieth took the p**s on that drop shot, borderline unsportsman like.
  • edited July 2017
    Kuch & southgate got me a good profit... so unlucky for Kuch. I personally think spieth took the p**s on that drop shot, borderline unsportsman like.
    Posted by mrdavies
    Trouble was at start for Kuchar, when Speith playing badly he didnt put pressure on, too many bunkers
  • edited July 2017
    me too had kooch and brandon grace so quite pleased
  • edited July 2017
    Kooch and Noren for me.

Speith definitely got out of jail on 13th, should have been a lost ball (how come the GPS tracker couldn't find Rory's on the 15th?)

Can't blame him for using the rules to his advantage but it seemed weird how he was allowed to drop between the trucks and then get a free drop onto the practice ground.

He certainly made the most of his 2nd chance though and that recovery to a bogey followed by Birdie, Eagle, Birdie, Birdie was awesome.
  • edited July 2017
    Think I'll join in the fun this week with a few long shots. Had some money on PP so just stuck all my bets on there. FRL (7 places) Chris Wood 75/1 Soren Kjeldsen 80/1 Matthew Southgate 130/1 Outright (8 places) Chris Wood 125/1 Soren Kjeldsen 125/1 Matthew Southgate 250/1
    Posted by splashies
    Nice profit for the week thanks to this chap. Came out of nowhere really, as none of my picks were ever in contention.
  • edited July 2017
    well done to the people who got places and especially the Southgate followers