You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited September 2016
    Excellent tippage, well done!
  • edited September 2016
    KLM Dutch Open

A year ago we had a 75/1 winner with Thomas Pieters in this event. A year on and he is the 9/1 favourite so while he is the most likely winner, I cannot get involved at those odds. Last week's winner Alex Noren is second favourite at 11/1 and although he has a great chance, I don't see any value.

I am going for five players that give us good each way value.

Thongchai Jaidee 33/1
    Scott Hend 50/1
    Mikko Ilonen 50/1
    Romain Langasque 66/1
    David Howell 66/1

Good Luck!
  • edited September 2016
    BMW Championships

Three picks for this week:

Rory McIlroy 11/2
    Justin Rose 28/1
    Paul Casey 40/1

Good Luck!
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2016 Season! (Deutsche Bank & Omega Masters):
    BMW Championships Three picks for this week: Rory McIlroy 11/2 Justin Rose 28/1 Paul Casey 40/1 Good Luck!
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Second place for Paul Casey at 40/1 at the BMW and fourth place at 50/1 for Scott Hend at the KLM make it a profitable weekend.
  • edited September 2016
    Italian Open

Martin Kaymer 12/1
    Brandon Stone 80/1
    Soomin Lee 150/1

Good Luck!
  • edited September 2016
    Tour Championship

Jordan Speith 8/1
    Jimmy Walker 40/1
    Ryan Moore 40/1
  • edited September 2016
    Porsche European Open

Scott Hend 30/1
    Ricardo Gouveia 150/1

• edited September 2016
    Ryder cup offer. 

Sky bet are giving a £5 free bet for every match win by your player when you make a £5ew or £10w bet on them to be top points scorer.

First bet only qualifies.

I have gone for Reed ew 12/1.

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2016 Season! (Tour Championship & Porsche Open):
    Ryder cup offer.  Sky bet are giving a £5 free bet for every match win by your player when you make a £5ew or £10w bet on them to be top points scorer. First bet only qualifies. I have gone for Reed ew 12/1.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Thanks for the HU on this one PHANTOM. 

I've gone for one of my favourite players JUSTIN ROSE @ 11/1. He loves the Ryder Cup, is a great Matchplayer, and normally wins at least 2 matches so its a cracking bet to nothing IMO. I also like Henrik Stenson (12/1....but you only get FREE bets with your 1st choice) who I'm hoping will partner Rose as they are unbeaten together..... but I agree Patrick Reed is probably the best of the Yanks, coz he's also a very good matchplayer and a really tough competitor, and shoots loads'o'birdies.

Whats the odds on Henrik Stenson v. Phil Mickelson in the singles??? 
    Another epic shootout after The Open...... that Stenson WILL win too. 

Forget BREXIT...........Come on EUROPE !!!!!!!   (sorry TIKAY)  (:D}
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2016 Season! (Tour Championship & Porsche Open):
    Ryder cup offer.  Sky bet are giving a £5 free bet for every match win by your player when you make a £5ew or £10w bet on them to be top points scorer. First bet only qualifies. I have gone for Reed ew 12/1.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Thanks for the HU on this one PHANTOM. 

I've gone for one of my favourite players JUSTIN ROSE @ 11/1. He loves the Ryder Cup, is a great Matchplayer, and normally wins at least 2 matches so its a cracking bet to nothing IMO. I also like Henrik Stenson (12/1....but you only get FREE bets with your 1st choice) who I'm hoping will partner Rose as they are unbeaten together..... but I agree Patrick Reed is probably the best of the Yanks, coz he's also a very good matchplayer and a really tough competitor, and shoots loads'o'birdies.

Whats the odds on Henrik Stenson v. Phil Mickelson in the singles??? 
    Another epic shootout after The Open...... that Stenson WILL win too. 

Forget BREXIT...........Come on EUROPE !!!!!!!   (sorry TIKAY)  (:D}
  • edited September 2016
    I'd probably pick Rose too from Europe, recent form, experience in the US and Ryder cup form are all good. No value in Rory although he is clearly the man in form. Doesn't have a great foursomes record though.

I think the reason I went for Reed was the fact that there are so many Europeans with good records it is hard to pick one. from the above + Garcia/Stensson/Westwood.

Maybe an e/w punt on Willets might be an option?

A key edge would be an insight into which (if any) players will play all 4 matches on Friday/Saturday. You can probably rule out all of the older players. Some captains like to rest everyone once and make sure all the rookies get at least one game. Others may play the big guns as much as they can, and may even be forced to if they have a bad start overall.

I didnt really study that aspect too much but felt Reed has the right blend of relative youth and experience to be in with a shout of 4 games.

• edited September 2016
    Gone e/w and gone for Ryan Moore.  33-1 great price.  In form and pretty sure he will play 1st set of matches.  What do you reckon 7/4 for Europe to win.  Generous I reckon 

• edited September 2016
    I actually think US are worthy favourites. The could outplay us like they did at Medinah for days 1 and 2 and then I dont see a repeat of the miracle.

We seem to be better at getting the chemistry right for pairings and having a good team spirit and Clarke is well prepared as any captain. We have event form too, but I am not sure it is enough this time. 

GL with Moore, yes he is in form and a good price but I am not convinced he will play on the first morning which is foursomes after he didnt take the opportunity offered to practice with the team. He is a rookie (one of only 2 in the US team) and neither of them have played in the Presidents cup either to have "forrm" with a pairing.

The facst Koepka is being strongly tipped at odds on to be top US rookie tells a story.

I think to back anyone as top points scorer you need to be 100% they will start the morning foursomes and reasonably confident that they will play 5 matches.

• edited September 2016
    haven,t watched the golf for ages but after spotting the offer and checking the prices against the exchanges i,ve gone for Rose and Willet

J rose 12/1 £5 Ew
    D willet 40/1 £2 win

GL

• edited September 2016
    Pairings are in...

Justin Rose and Henrik Stenson v Jordan Spieth and Patrick Reed.

Rory McIlroy and Andy Sullivan  v Phil Mickelson and Rickie Fowler

Sergio Garcia and Martin Kaymer v Jimmy Walker and Zach Johnson,

Thomas Pieters and Lee Westwood v Dustin Johnson and Matt Kuchar

Not great news for Rose or Reed backers.

Also could be value in Sullivan as best rookie or overall e/w market and Kuchar in overall.

All depends on a good start of course, but if you are not in morning foursomes you cant win a point..

• edited September 2016
    Need players that play four or five matches in top scorer bets so I would ignore the players left out of the Day One Foursomes.

Reed & Speith look the best options for the USA, are paired together so I have gone with Reed at the better odds of 11/2.

I like Rose as top European scorer at 6/1 but have also thrown in a small bet on Sullivan at 14/1 as he could get four matches, particularly if he wins this morning with McIlroy.
  • edited September 2016
    Just added Cabrera Bello at 25/1 as top European Scorer each way after his first hole win - decent value.
  • edited October 2016
    WP USA. Deserved it. 

At least to ease the pain I doubled my money with Reed and have 3x £5 free bets to play with.

• edited October 2016
    The US were slightly the better team. They made better Captain's picks and selected better for most sessions.

We made a number of mistakes. Westwood & Kaymer were poor picks. Our team was weaker because we had several out of form players (Sullivan, Fitzpatrick, Willett, Wood). This was our problem/ weakness, not the fact that we had so many rookies so we needed form players. Adding two more out of form players meant no points until the match was over from these two.

Pieters was an obvious pick & he proved that with four points.

The US picks were in form & all contributed points before the singles. This allowed them to get all their players out early while we were always on the back foot.

Fortunately for me, I backed five singles matches and got four winners - Reed, Pieters, RCB & Stenson on top of the top US Points Scorer on Reed and place on Top European Scorer on RCB at 25/1.
  • edited October 2016
    Alfred Dunhill Links Championships

A tricky one to assess, played over three courses, St Andrews, Kingsbarns & Carnoustie. Hard to judge how players will perform after the Ryder Cup so I am looking at high priced players with a decent track record on links courses, particularly these three.

Louis Oosterhuizen leads the market at 16/1 with Grace, Pieters & Wiesberger close behind. Players who were at Hazeltine last week include Pieters, Kaymer, Willett, Cabrera Bello, Fitzpatrick, Westwood and Clarke. I shall give them all a swerve this week. Here are my value picks.

Alex Noren 22/1
    Tommy Fleetwood 33/1
    Thorbjorn Olesen 100/1
    Paul Dunne 125/1
    Paul Lawrie 200/1
    Christian Bezuidenhout 350/1
    Oliver Wilson 500/1

Good Luck!
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2016 Season! (The Ryder Cup):
    The US were slightly the better team. They made better Captain's picks and selected better for most sessions. We made a number of mistakes. Westwood & Kaymer were poor picks. Our team was weaker because we had several out of form players (Sullivan, Fitzpatrick, Willett, Wood). This was our problem/ weakness, not the fact that we had so many rookies so we needed form players. Adding two more out of form players meant no points until the match was over from these two. Pieters was an obvious pick & he proved that with four points. The US picks were in form & all contributed points before the singles. This allowed them to get all their players out early while we were always on the back foot. Fortunately for me, I backed five singles matches and got four winners - Reed, Pieters, RCB & Stenson on top of the top US Points Scorer on Reed and place on Top European Scorer on RCB at 25/1.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Nice one Ice........ overall the US definitely deserved it. We were on the back foot from the off with the 4-0 whitewash in the 1st day foursomes. The US are always better at foursomes than us, probably coz they play it more with the College system...and as you said, we had too many out of form players. I think Luke Donald would have been a far better pick with the match being in America, coz although he has slipped from his time as World No.1, he is experienced and has a good record in the Ryder Cup, is improving again, and he lives and plays nearly all his golf there. Hopefully we will learn for next time. 
    They also out-putted us too. I dont think I've ever seen as many long putts holed in my life as in the singles...... and talking of putting, what's happened to Westwood?? The putts he missed on the Saturday night when he had a real chance to at least halve his match, and then to 'choke' like he did in the singles' sadly proves he no longer has what it takes.....
    My pick Justin Rose didnt putt well enough either, but at least he won 2 matches so I got my money back in free bets, with which I backed ALICE SPRINGS.....WON @ 13/8 and FOUND £2.50 e/w who WON 'The Arc' @ 7/1. 
    All in all, an enjoyable weekend despite us losing the Ryder Cup.
  • edited October 2016
    Decided to use my free bets on the Dunhill.

Hoping Noren Beef and Gmac will be fired up by missing the Ryder Cup.

Plus a few more small cash bets on long odds. All e/w seeing as Skybet are offering 6 places.

Gone for:

Noren     18/1
    Beeeeef  40/1
    Gmac     50/1
    O'Hair    50/1
    Ramsay 100/1
    Blair     300/1

GL
  • edited October 2016
    Well, bricked that one, at least it was a small outlay thanks to the free bets and had some excitement for a while on Noren.

For the British Masters, I will stick with GMac 33/1 who started poorly but had a strong next 3 rounds and is only just inside the race to dubai top 60 and needs to push on.

I think players around the magic 60 mark may be worth a look, especially if like GMac they have played fewer European events (which means points per event is higher) and they have shown recent form.

Having a ponder on other selections but dont really want to drop Beef. Noren has been cut in the odds and tailed off after an excellent start so don't see value there.

• edited October 2016
  • edited October 2016
    British Masters

Ross Fisher 20/1
    Tyrrell Hatton 22/1
    Soren Kjeldsen 28/1
    Tommy Fleetwood 30/1
    Andrew Johnston 40/1

Good Luck!
  • edited October 2016
    Safeway Open

Emiliano Grillo 22/1
    Justin Thoma 25/1
    Martin Laird 66/1
    Grayson Murray 80/1

• edited October 2016
    With you ICE on all bar Fisher, if I could have got 20/1 I would have had that too.

Spreading the love with a range of small e/w bets and Added...

Horsey, Warren, llonen, jacquelin

That is probably me done now until Dubai.

GL.
  • edited October 2016
    PS Gone for Cav e/w world road race champs in Qatar @6/1

Should be a sprint finish and Cav was in great form in the tour and has form in Qatar.

recent illness a bit of a worry but cant see any better value in the 4 favourites.
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2016 Season! (Safeway Open & British Masters):
    Safeway Open Emiliano Grillo 22/1 Justin Thoma 25/1 Martin Laird 66/1 Grayson Murray 80/1
    Posted by Ice_Tiger

Cheers Tiger . Copied your bets at £2 each to win
  • edited October 2016
    Got A Johnson at 30/1 before it started. Tenner each way. He was leading yesterday until almost the end. Be interesting viewing this weekend. But I know my luck, sky pay 6 places so he'll be 7th then.