You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited January 2017
    I'm keeping it small as form is all over the place with many making 1st competitive start to the year and players travelling from far and wide for the 1st of 3 middle eastern events.

Olesen 1pt e/w (in memory of Steve Ball) who put me onto him as a player 
    Pieters 1pt e/w
    Cabrero Bello 1pt e/w
    Coetzee 0.5 e/w
    Horsey 0.5 pt e/w

• edited January 2017
    Only Bello gave me any hope last week but ultimately drew a blank when he faded in the last 2 rounds. Reports of a back problem don't bode well and so dropping here.

Sticking with Olesen and Coetzee for Qatar and adding Bjorn and Aiken (all 1pt e/w)

Sky are offering 6 places e/w for Farmers insurance.

Going with 

Matsuyama 1pt e/w
    Molinari 1pt e/w
    Walker 1pt e/w
    Harrington 0.5 pt e/w
    Baddeley 0.5 pt e/w
  • edited January 2017
    I like the look od De Laet 45/1, well in contention, and has the easier course to come. 
  • edited January 2017
    I have added Mackenzie Hughes @ 100/1 e/w

He was tipped to make the grade stepping up from the web.com tour. In fact I was on him the week before his first pga tour victory. Great timing.

• edited January 2017
    Small piece of damage limitation with the place for Aiken.

Already used my free bet to carry on with him for Dubai. 

On the plus side I saw there were 4 places being paid in a 12 horse race at Leopardstown yesterday. Managed to pick up 2 places from 2 bets with one at 20/1 for a small profit.

On the minus side stuck a bet on the darts and lost, but it did bag me a £2.50 tourney token and I won the DYM I used it on.
  • edited February 2017
    Side note on the horses. As people will find out on the NAPS competition I know nothing about the horses. However I picked up from Neil Channing how betting on a 4 place race with 16 runners is advantageous so I have dabbled with some bets when skybet offer 4 places on shorter fields. The above mentioned Leopardstown and I landed a bigger coup today at Kempton with a 9/1 winner and a 5/1 4th place paid in a 12 horse race.

I have probably gone a bit too far on the Dubai bets. I can see why Stenson is a strong favourite and Bello short, but do not see value in either.

I have gone for a mixture of course/event/conditions form and recent form to pick...

Aiken
    Blorn
    McDowell
    Gallacher
    Larrazabal
    Bjerrergaard
    Olesen
    Quiros

and a bit of a wildcard in Dubuisson

Cant decide on Phoenix, big change in conditions plus field now joined by Speith and Thomas. You can make a strong case for Speith Mutsuyama and Thomas and then there is the thought of whether Rahm can go back to back after his breaktrhough win. He went to uni in Arizona so knows the course and conditions well. All makes it hard to find value at the top.

So I've just gone for Steele, Bradley and Na

• edited February 2017
    Doing pretty awful so far.

Doesn't help with results or confidence when you talk yourself out of backing players you have been like Matsuyama and they pull off a win.

Big changes this week with the pro-am 3 course links in US and the move to Asia for the European Tour.

Definitely cutting right down this week after last weeks overkill.

Just gone for Larrazabal in Malaysia who has good recent and past Asian form.

And Perez and Stricker at decent odds e/w in the AT&T Pro-Am. 

Might go on the hunt for in-form Asian / Australian tour players for Malaysia. For the AT&T pro-am I think I will wait and try and find some in play value after round 1. Ideally someone who is putting very well but plays the toughest course 1st so is down on the leaderboard. Also weather may be a factor to check nearer the time.
  • edited February 2017
    Sky have some interesting offers on the Genesis Open this week.

It is a tough classical course with a stellar field and several top players are in great form at the moment.

Sky are offering an extra place and I like the odds they are giving the field w/o Speith, D Johnson, Matsuyama and Day.

I have only risked a free bet on Matsuyama at 10/1 outright.

The rest I, have gone e/w

Walker (w/o SJMD)
    Molinari (w/o SJMD)
    Perez
    Steele
    DeLaet

edit: Probably should add I am giving the super 6 in Perth a wide berth. Great that the tour is trying something a bit different but with a less than stellar line up and the winner being decided by a series of 6 hole match play shoot outs it is pretty much a lottery.

• edited February 2017
    Keeping it very small this week and picking more runners in the Honda Classis as Sky are offering 6 places.

Garcia
    Kisner
    Pieters
    McDowell
    Mollinari
    DeLaet
    Bradley
    Donald
    Harrington
    Lahiri

For Jo'Burg just going with

Coetzee
    Aiken
    R Fox

If this week misses I shall take a break until the Masters.

I know a good downswing is important in golf but I am not enjoying this one :-(
  • edited February 2017
    I like Lombard in the Joberg at 100/1

and Walker in the Honda at 50/1

• edited February 2017
    Walker sounds about right, the only player I have backed recently who I haven't backed this week.
  • edited February 2017
    We'll never know but I feell that another 18 holes woulf have seen Coetzee come through in Joburg

Honda Classic I had 3 players T8 and others in contention after day 3 but none of them produced on day 4.

I think I will take that break until the Masters.
  • edited March 2017
    OK so I couldnt resist.

The WGC is a big event. Nice twist that it is moved from a Trump resort in Florida to Mexico - obviosuly would have been decided well in advance of the election. I am surprised there hasn't been an executive order to move it back though.

All the top players together barring Day with McIlroy returning from injury.

There is a cluster of highly ranked and in form golfers at the top of the betting and you can make a good case for most of them.

However with no course from to go on, I have gone small on 4 players who are decent value at longer odds:

F. Mollinari
    J. Vegas
    B. Weisberger
    M. Hughes
  • edited March 2017
    Walker managed to throw away some place money for me last weeks with just a few holes left.

This week my only pick for WGC is Rose at 22/1 ew

Over in South Africa im on Aiken also at 22's ew
  • edited March 2017
    Good Luck guys, difficult week this week.

I've not been putting in as much time as I used to on the golf research, but still like to keep my eye in.

In Mexico I've spread the love and am on:

Sergio Garcia - 28/1
    Gary Woodland - 50/1
    Daniel Berger - 90/1
    Berndt Wiesberger - 100/1
    JB Holmes - 100/1
    Danny Willett - 125/1

At the Tshwane Open

James Morrison - 40/1
    Nacho Elvira - 45/1
    Jeff Winther - 66/1

Last but by no means least as he's my main bet this week...

Adrian Otaegui - 25/1 ew 4 places Top Continental European

The top continental European market looks fairly wide open this week, 34 runners all with a chance, but no obvious favorites.

Admitedly I am on Nacho Elvira outright, but he is priced as low as 8/1 in this market.

For some reason Winther is not priced up in the market.

For real value, I like the chances of Otaegui, two years ago he went into the final round tied for the lead, eventually finishing 6th.

This year he's been making cuts, without really thratening a leaderboard, which is a year on year improvement for a player still establishing himself on tour.

When things click into place, or condtions suit he has a habit of going low, I think the 125/1 outright ew 6 places is also good value, but the top continental European looks to be the value bet this week.

• edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!:
    gl darty
    Posted by vaigret

Thank you Father and nice to see you back
  • edited March 2017
    After a break licking my early season wounds I will be back with a stab at the Masters.

Sky have announced 8 places at 1/4 odds which looks good to me.

Given Dustin's short price from recent total domination there seems plenty of value to be had.

I am on McIllroy, Matsuyama and Thomas already and will have a more detailed view before picking another couple.
  • edited March 2017
    After a break licking my early season wounds I will be back with a stab at the Masters. Sky have announced 8 places at 1/4 odds which looks good to me. Given Dustin's short price from recent total domination there seems plenty of value to be had. I am on McIllroy, Matsuyama and Thomas already and will have a more detailed view before picking another couple.
    Posted by Phantom66

Good Luck Phantom.

Yes, excellent value from SKy.

In golf terms The Masters is always a reduced field in numbers and many would say 10-20% of that field couldn't make top 8, so with 8 places being paid, my gun will be scattering a plenty leading up to this years Masters.

• edited March 2017
    No watched much golf recently but a big fan of the masters and 1st 2 bets for me are

£10 Mcclroy to win  17/2
    £10 Bubba to win  43/1  (well overpriced imo)
  • edited April 2017
    No watched much golf recently but a big fan of the masters and 1st 2 bets for me are £10 Mcclroy to win  17/2 £10 Bubba to win  43/1  (well overpriced imo)
    Posted by MP33
    54,s now
  • edited April 2017
    I added...

Berger, Woodland, Hadwin @100/1
    Leishman 66/1
    Hatton 50/1

• edited April 2017

ONLY GOLF BET OF YEAR

HUDSON SWAFFORD 200/1 

(BAD 3RD ROUND OF 75 STOPPED HIM BEING IN TOP 3 LAST WEEK)
  • edited April 2017
    Masters pick stenson and day 
    wife's pick Mickelson and spieth 
  • edited April 2017
    All five are £1 e/w
      Adam Scott 30/1      
      Jimmy Walker 80/1          
      Sergio Garcia 40/1          
      Bubba Watson 40/1          

Henrik Stenson 30/1

Be lucky

• edited April 2017
    Finalised my bets this year

1st round leader (all e/w)

Swafford 150/1
    Rose 33/1
    Casey 40/1

Outrights (all e/w)

Rahm 66/1 (was lucky to be on 3 weeks ago)
    Garcia 40/1
    Haas 100/1
    Wood 250/1
    Berger 80/1
    Leishman 66/1
  • edited April 2017
    No watched much golf recently but a big fan of the masters and 1st 2 bets for me are £10 Mcclroy to win  17/2 £10 Bubba to win  43/1  (well overpriced imo)
    Posted by MP33
    Had my 3rd bet on rickie Fowler on 28/1 - £5 win

Also had another 10 on Bubba as he,s drifted again - 59,s now 

Just hoping i can get a good stream for it now
  • edited April 2017
    I think D.johnson should be shorter, looks so far ahead of the competition right now.

Ive backed D.Johnson 6/1 e/w Main bet
                     Casey 50/1 e/w

Also first round leader market interests me.

D.johnson 14/1 e/w
                    Casey 40/1 e/w
                    S. Lowry 100/1 e/w
                    S.Garcia 50/1 e/w

• edited April 2017
    Amatuer Golf punter having ago

Bubba Watson 40-1
    Ricky fowler 18-1
    Justin rose 22-1
    Raffael Cabrera-Bello 110-1
    Chris wood 200-1

all ew first 8
  • edited April 2017

For anybody who has DJ, he has had a fall where he is staying. Should still be ok to play, but it may affect his form.