You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited July 2016
    very nice results Phantom!
  • edited July 2016
    What a brilliant final day got a second from free bets for £15 but Stenson was a very well deserved winner bring on the PGA 
  • edited July 2016
    Great picks Phantom
  • edited July 2016
    A few golfers i thought were over-priced this week.

Mcgirt5 50/1 ew
    Crane 200/1 ew
    Palmer 60/1 ew
  • edited July 2016
    Canadian Open

Could be a shock result here, wedged between two majors so while Snedeker & Furyk are the stand out candidates for me, I have gone for a few longer shots.

Emiliano Grillo 33/1
    Tony Finau 45/1
    Jon Rahm 66/1
    Bryce Molder 100/1
    Rob Oppenheim 500/1

Good Luck!
  • edited July 2016
    Cheers Jordz and Splashies.

Was remarkable to not have a sweat and just be able to enjoy the golf.

I was going to quit the skybet club but have decided to keep it going thanks to last weeks profits.

I have just taken 3 small e/w bets on players who stayed over the other side of the pond and showed some form...

Graham Delaet      50/1
    Si Woo Kim         100/1
    Michael Thompson 200/1

• edited July 2016
    Graham was a bit of a DeLaet down, I blame the shave.

T14 and T23 wasn't bad for the 100 and 200/1 shots. I actually thought about backing "Jonny" Vegas too #sigh.

I'll make £25 worth of bets and use 2 x5 free bets on the PGA and probably hang up my spikes for a while after that. 

• edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2016 Season! (RBC Canadian Open):
    Canadian Open Could be a shock result here, wedged between two majors so while Snedeker & Furyk are the stand out candidates for me, I have gone for a few longer shots. Emiliano Grillo 33/1 Tony Finau 45/1 Jon Rahm 66/1 Bryce Molder 100/1 Rob Oppenheim 500/1 Good Luck!
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Nice 66/1 second place on Rahm although one shot less & it would have been a playoff for the title.

Keeps the betting fund nicely pepped up.
  • edited July 2016
    WP Steve.

US Tour all a bit technical for me with the grass types and course setups playing such a part.
  • edited July 2016
    Nice pick Tiger. Gl this week for the last major. I may have a bet later in the week.
  • edited July 2016
    Anyone get any angles in this week?

from what I can make out driving accuracy and recent form are very important so the 3 I have gone for are...

Garcia 33/1ew
    Dufner 125/1ew
    Johnston 250/1ew

also wanted to back JB Holmes when i saw him at 90/1 but when i got round to putting my bets on he was 70/1 so i gave it a miss which will no doubt means hes guaranteed to place now.
  • edited July 2016
    I have stuck with 3 of my Open performers

Stenson  @14/1
    Stricker   @80/1
    Reed       @45/1

Gone for D Johnson @8/1 as the standout "big 4" player for this one

I haven't gone for Mickelson this time, hard to know how he will react though he clearly has great form and also course form.

I am determined to retain some profit from the Open but wanted to keep the interest going for the last major. Therefore I have made a withdrawal and with 7 places paid I have spread the bets around, 11 bets in total, quite small £31 cash and 2x £5 free bets used.

Also gone for...

Garcia      @25/1
    Kuchar    @40/1
    Snedeker @50/1
    Matsuyama @ 66/1
    Bradley   @125/1
    Steele     @200/1
    Johnston @250/1

All e/w except for DJ
    All on Skybet 7 places - dont do this seriously enough to hunt the best odds down for each player.

• edited July 2016
    gone for garcia and dubussion wifes going for miccelson and speith i think the frenchman has a bit of game and he is 300 to 1 worth thirty bob each way

• edited July 2016
    USPGA Championship

Tricky final major of the season so let's try & narrow it down a bit.

The favourites are D Johnson 10/1, McIlroy 10/1, Day 10/1, Stenson 16/1, Speith 16/1, Mickelson 25/1, Garcia 33/1, Scott 35/1, Rose 35/1, Fowler 40/1 & Watson 40/1.

All the above are possibles but I think we rule out McIlroy, Speith & Mickelson on price and Day, Scott, Rose & Fowler on form.

Previous winners of this event tend to have good previous form in this event with 7 of the last 10 winners having previously finished in the top ten. All of the last ten winners were aged between 23 & 37. Eight of the last ten winners were ranked in the top 25. Six of the last ten winners were ranked in the top five. Nine of the previous ten winners had already won on tour that season. Nine of the last ten winners had a top ten finish in one of their two last starts. Five of last ten winners had a win in one of their previos two starts. Seven of last ten winners had a top ten finish in a major already that season.

Here are my selections:

Dustin Johnson 10/1
    Henrik Stenson 16/1
    Sergio Garcia 33/1
    Lee Westwood 100/1
    Jason Dufner 100/1
    Gary Woodland 150/1
    Keegan Bradley 160/1
    Soren Kjeldsen 200/1

I think that gives us a good portfolio against the rest of the field. McIlroy could bust the field and Mickelson could have a final hoorah on a course he likes but Dustin holds more tour wins than any other players over the last five years with a winning score of less than -10 (which will most likely happen here), Stenson will win if he plays like he did at Troon, Garcia is the master of consistency & sure to be close. My other picks are good value for their chances.

There are others that could be picked for value: JB Hlomes 70/1, Danny Willett 90/1, Rafael Cabrera Bello 150/1 & Andrew Johnston 300/1.

This will be a tough course. Hitting the fairways is so important so while distance is important, accuracy is more important. Should be an enjoyable four days and hopefully with a winner or at least a couple of places.

Good Luck!
  • edited July 2016
    Good luck to everyone, my bets are as follows :)

Outrights:
    Grace (win only)
    Snedeker
    Kjledsen
    Beeeeeeeef
    Rafa Bello
    Bradley

FRL:
    Vijay
    Kim
    Hend

also, a couple of forescast and double chance winners - some of the odds on them are outstanding! I know its hard to pick but ive just Dustin in with a load of my selections!
  • edited July 2016
    Small win yesterday.

My in play record isn't great but picked Grillo for FRL ew when 25/1 1/4 odds 4 places paid.

• edited August 2016
    Thank goodness for Matsuyama. Stenson fading to a 3 way tie for 7th didnt contribute much.

So a £2 loss overall on the outrights feels like a win.

Add back the Grillo FRL and actually was a small win overall.

Must have been a good event for the bookies.

That's it for me and Skybet club - been a profitable run mainly due to the Half Time Tourneys and an incredible Open result.

Just a £5 free bet to come for this week. 
  • edited August 2016
    Travelers Championship

My five against the field for this week:

Paul Casey 28/1
    Jon Rahm 30/1
    Gary Woodland 60/1
    Kevin Chappell 66/1
    Daniel Summerhays 70/1

Good Luck!
  • edited August 2016
    Paul Lawrie Match Play

Alex Noren 12/1
    Pablo Larrazabal 28/1
    Callum Shinkwin 33/1
    Lee Slattery 50/1

This is match play so is very hit & miss but I think these four against the field gives us a decent shout this week.
  • edited August 2016
    Decent chunk on Bubba ew for me this week.
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2016 Season! (Travelers & Paul Lawrie MP):
    Paul Lawrie Match Play Alex Noren 12/1 Pablo Larrazabal 28/1 Callum Shinkwin 33/1 Lee Slattery 50/1 This is match play so is very hit & miss but I think these four against the field gives us a decent shout this week.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Got a Runners Up place for Noren at 12/1.
  • edited August 2016
    John Deere Classic

Zach Johnson 13/2
    Jon Rahm 16/1
    Daniel Summerhays 20/1
    Robert Garrigus 45/1

Olympics Golf

Rickie Fowler 16/1
    Byeong Hun An 40/1
    Thomas Pieters 66/1

Good Luck!

• edited August 2016
    John Deere Classic Zach Johnson 13/2 Jon Rahm 16/1 Daniel Summerhays 20/1 Robert Garrigus 45/1 Olympics Golf Rickie Fowler 16/1 Byeong Hun An 40/1 Thomas Pieters 66/1 Good Luck!
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Had a decent run for our money last week & got a full place n Pieters at 66/1 to keep us in profit.
  • edited August 2016
    D & D Czech Masters

A very weak field here so an opportunity for someone to step up & steal the limelight. The field is led by Sullivan & Pieters at 10/1, followed by Westwood 12/1, Fitzpatrick 16/1 & Donaldson 28/1. Think this is an event to keep bets smaller but look to pick out that longer priced player.

Callum Shinkwin 50/1
    Matthew Southgate 50/1
    Haydn Porteous 66/1
    Mike Lorenzo Vera 250/1

Hopefully we can get a decent run & maybe pick up another long priced winner.
  • edited August 2016
    Wyndham Championship

Brandt Snedeker 28/1
    Jon Rahm 28/1
    Jonas Blixt 250/1

• edited August 2016
    Wyndham Championship Brandt Snedeker 28/1 Jon Rahm 28/1 Jonas Blixt 250/1
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    A third place on Snedeker keeps the pot flush.
  • edited August 2016
    Made In Denmark

Thorbjorn Olesen 45/1
    Jaco Van Zyl 50/1
    Paul Dunne 80/1

Barclays

Jason Day 8/1
    Brandt Snedeker 40/1
    Ryan Palmer 200/1
  • edited August 2016
    Omega European Masters

Alex Noren 18/1
    Paul Dunne 80/1
    Ricardo Gouveia 90/1
    Adrian Otaegui 100/1
  • edited September 2016
    Deutsche Bank Championship

Patrick Reed 25/1
    Brandt Snedeker 50/1
    Charley Hoffman 80/1
    Sean O'Hair 100/1
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2016 Season! (The Barclays & Made In Denmark):
    Omega European Masters Alex Noren 18/1 Paul Dunne 80/1 Ricardo Gouveia 90/1 Adrian Otaegui 100/1
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    BOOM!!!!!

Alex Noren wins European Masters in a Playoff from Scott Hend after sinking a 30 foot birdie putt at the first extra hole.

An absolutely brilliant performance from Alex Noren, who could have grabbed a Ryder Cup place if he had done it a week earlier. Nerves of steel and a 30 foot putt to win it. Other Notables include Johnston -14, Westwood -12, Fitzpatrick -10, Willett -9, Colsaerts -7, Jimenez -7, Wood -2.

Great also to see three out of form Ryder Cup players getting back to their best with Westwood, Fitzpatrick & Willett all showing glimpses of their best golf.