You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited October 2016
    I guess I picked a bad week to drop noren.

Most of my picks in contention to a degree over the weekend but in the end just a bit of damage limitation with the tied places for Gmac and Fleetwood.

Small return on Cav too.
  • edited October 2016
    CIMB Classic

An open field with Casey, Reed, Matsuyama & Scott co favourites at 14/1. Prefer to go with players with some course form and/or current form so my five to beat the field are:

Ryan Moore 16/1
    Justin Thomas 18/1
    Kevin Na 22/1
    Gary Woodland 33/1
    Danny Lee 175/1

Good Luck!
  • edited October 2016
    Portugal Masters

Alex Noren is the 8/1 favourite here with Thomas Pieters at 9/1. Noren is in great form but has tended to dip slightly after a win so I am going for Pieters here plus a few decent each way bets.

It will probably take -20 to win here and Scrambling, GIR & Putting are the main qualities required so we know what kind of players we need to get into contention. Here are my team.

Thomas Pieters 9/1
    David Horsey 40/1
    Stephen Gallacher 50/1
    Joakim Lagergren 66/1
    Alejandro Canizares 80/1

Good Luck!
  • edited October 2016
    Go on then, picked a few just to keep the interest going.

CIMB tough one, relatively easy course and form hard to judge due to the change in continent and some of the big names coming back from a break after the ryder cup. Just gone for Piercy who has course form.

Portugal, stuck with Warren and Jacquelin from last week's picks.

GL.
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2016 Season! (Safeway Open & British Masters):
    CIMB Classic An open field with Casey, Reed, Matsuyama & Scott co favourites at 14/1. Prefer to go with players with some course form and/or current form so my five to beat the field are: Ryan Moore 16/1 Justin Thomas 18/1 Kevin Na 22/1 Gary Woodland 33/1 Danny Lee 175/1 Good Luck!
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    BOOM!!!!!!!

An Eight under par final round by Justin Thomas saw him take this title for the second consecutive year and clinch us an 18/1 Win. 

Lahiri could only hit par as he saw his four shot lead evaporate and Thomas take the trophy on -23 by three shots from Matsuyama. Other notables included Lahiri -19, Leishman -17, Bradley -16, Hend -15, Hahn -14, Cabrera Bello -13, Scott -13, Piercy -13, Knox -13, Poulter -12, Moore -12, Garcia -12, Grillo -12, Casey -11, Grace -8, Reed -4, Els +4, Choi +5

Ryan Moore 16/1 -12 Tied 17th
    Justin Thomas 18/1 -23 WINNER!!! 
    Kevin Na 22/1 -9 Tied 29th 
    Gary Woodland 33/1 -3 Tied 56th
    Danny Lee 175/1 -4 Tied 51st

Let's hope for more success in Portugal this afternoon.
  • edited October 2016
    WP Steve.

Had some interest again and was looking good after 1st 2 rounds for me but all 3 of my picks were overtaken on the final 2 days. 
  • edited October 2016
    WGC HSBC Championships

Rory McIlroy is 11/2 favourite just ahead of Dustin Johnson at 6/1 with the field at 22/1, including Casey, Matsuyama, Stenson, Scott, Thomas, Garcia & Reed.

Not going to be going too big this week so looking for players with a good course record and / or in good form at a variety of prices.

Russell Knox 40/1
    Alex Noren 55/1
    Alexander Levy 110/1

Good Luck!
  • edited October 2016
    Sanderson Farms Championships

A weakened field here with the big hitters at the WGC. Chris Kirk heads the betting at 14/1 with Kizzire the only other player under 30/1. My plan is to go with Kizzire, the experience of Toms and a couple of long shots who are ready to step it up to the next level.

Patton Kizzire 18/1
    David Toms 40/1
    Martin Flores 66/1
    Whee Kim 66/1

Good Luck!

• edited October 2016
    Gone for Casey, Matsuyama, Noren, Wiesberger and Johnston in the WGC.

• edited October 2016
    Sanderson Farms Championships

Going to add 

JT Poston at 125/1 each way.

He is a late starter but still represents decent value here.

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2016 Season! (Sanderson Farms & WGC HSBC):
    Gone for Casey, Matsuyama, Noren, Wiesberger and Johnston in the WGC.
    Posted by Phantom66
    BOOM and thankfully no sweat. 2xT12 best of the rest. Good to see Stenson and McIllroy finish strongly which bodes well for Dubai. 

• edited November 2016
    Hard to draw meaningful form with the big changes in lineups and conditions as top players either take a week off or return to Europe/USA post WGC.

There is no course form for the Turkish event as it is a new venue.

I think I will swerve this week.

• edited November 2016
    Didnt swerve in the end...

Gone very small e/w on a few long shots between 100/1 and 150/1 just to make sure I keep an active eye on events.

I have stuck with my pick for the last couple Euro comps Jacquelin and added Slattery.

Gone for Mackenzie Hughes in the Shriners Open.
  • edited November 2016
    Apologies for not posting this week as I ended up in hospital.

FYI I went for:

Olesen 25/1
    Lagergren 55/1
    Harrington 25/1

in Turkish Open.

I went for 

Moore 18/1
    O'Hair 22/1
    Rahm 22/1
    Flores 50/1

in the Shriners.

Doing ok in Turkey but work to do at Shriners.
  • edited November 2016
    ^^^^ Ok in Turkey? Understated for a 6 shot lead and a T4 for backup. Would never have picked Olesen especiially at 25/1 

VWP sir

Judging by the odds was that in play?
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2016 Season! (Shriners Open & Turkish Open):
    ^^^^ Ok in Turkey? Understated for a 6 shot lead and a T4 for backup. Would never have picked Olesen especiially at 25/1  VWP sir Judging by the odds was that in play?
    Posted by Phantom66
    The bets were last Monday.

Olesen is inconsistent but I like him and particularly here where the field was weaker than normal and the incentive of a big payout was there.
  • edited November 2016
    NedBank Golf Challenge

My bets for this event are:

Alex Noren 20/1
    Alex Levy 50/1
    Thorbjorn Olesen 66/1
    Kiradech Aphibarnrat 80/1
    Lucas Bjerregaard 150/1

Good Luck!
  • edited November 2016
    OHL Classic

My bets for this event are:

John Rahm 20/1
    Fabian Gomez 125/1
    Chez Revie 150/1

Good Luck!

• edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2016 Season! (Shriners Open & Turkish Open):
    NedBank Golf Challenge My bets for this event are: Alex Noren 20/1 Alex Levy 50/1 Thorbjorn Olesen 66/1 Kiradech Aphibarnrat 80/1 Lucas Bjerregaard 150/1 Good Luck!
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Nice one - 2 on the bounce.
  • edited November 2016
    Great tipping, keep fighting Steve and lets hope there will be many more winning tips in the future.
  • edited November 2016
    OHL Classic My bets for this event are: John Rahm 20/1 Fabian Gomez 125/1 Chez Revie 150/1 Good Luck!
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    BOOM AGAIN Tied 4th

Hope the run good continues for you where you need it most right now.
  • edited November 2016
    Thoughts are obviously with Steve and his family right now.

The following are not tips just sharing my selections...

Molinari e/w
    Jacquelin e/w and top 10

e/w w/o McIllroy/Stenson/Noren
    Dubuisson
    Hatton
    Olesen
  • edited November 2016
    DP World Half time thoughts...

Molinari and Hatton nicely placed T1 and T4.

I have added money on both in play, Hatton e/w outright and Molinari to win outright, except (here is an in play tip for you) I havent bet on Molinari but on an Italian to win. The odds were a full point bigger for any Italian to win than for that specific Italian. Go figure. I assume it is the way the algorthm works to set those odds, with more English and Spanish players in contention.

I have also added an e/w bet on Stenson - Better 2nd round and he has the most to gain and the course form.

Garcia T1 and Westwood 3rd are up there but neither have won this season so hard to pick them to see the big tour ender through.

• edited November 2016
    Small return for me Hattonx2 Molinari and Dubuisson all placing. Thought I was on for more when Hatton holed his bunker shot on 17. Not to be. Perhaps Steve was on Fitzpatrick?

Just wanted to sign off with a tribute to ICE_Tiger, Steve Ball, who did a tremendous job of tipping on this thread.

I got back into betting on golf for the first time in years through a skybet tipping video and this thread.

I am certainly not fit to act as a tipster. I just enjoyed sharing my selections which is always nice when they come good. Steve clearly followed both tours very closely and made some incredible selections. Just look at the run he had above in his last few events.

Respect Sir.

RIP Steve Ball.
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2016 Season! (RSM Classic & DP World):
    Small return for me Hattonx2 Molinari and Dubuisson all placing. Thought I was on for more when Hatton holed his bunker shot on 17. Not to be. Perhaps Steve was on Fitzpatrick? Just wanted to sign off with a tribute to ICE_Tiger, Steve Ball, who did a tremendous job of tipping on this thread. I got back into betting on golf for the first time in years through a skybet tipping video and this thread. I am certainly not fit to act as a tipster. I just enjoyed sharing my selections which is always nice when they come good. Steve clearly followed both tours very closely and made some incredible selections. Just look at the run he had above in his last few events. Respect Sir. RIP Steve Ball.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Nice post mate and he will be greatly missed.

Would be great if you keep sharing your selections.

I myself might start again in January and it would be good to get a few others involved again too.

gl
  • edited November 2016
    Yes I would be happy to carry on posting selections for the new season, especially if others are doing the same.

I generally give the US tour a miss apart from the bigger events.

My general tactic is to look for players coming into form and where ideally consectuve weeks conditions are similar so the form is easier to carry through to the next event. It means I tend to swerve some events completely and go bigger on others, especially the larger events where the offers are better on places.

I had a £5 free bet to use so I have gone for some World Cup of Golf selections.

Belgium, Denmark, Ireland, Wales all e/w.

See you in the New Year!
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2016 Season! (RSM Classic & DP World):
    Yes I would be happy to carry on posting selections for the new season, especially if others are doing the same. I generally give the US tour a miss apart from the bigger events. My general tactic is to look for players coming into form and where ideally consectuve weeks conditions are similar so the form is easier to carry through to the next event. It means I tend to swerve some events completely and go bigger on others, especially the larger events where the offers are better on places. I had a £5 free bet to use so I have gone for some World Cup of Golf selections. Belgium, Denmark, Ireland, Wales all e/w. See you in the New Year!
    Posted by Phantom66
    Signed off for the year with a win.

Had the £5 free bet and a little cash on e/w.
  • edited November 2016
  • edited January 2017
    Bump

Anyone up for getting some golf betting discussion going again?
  • edited January 2017
    I can offer zero substantial analysis but i follow a couple of winning golf tipsters and have gone for the following this week.
    In Abu Dhabi
    Fox 150/1 ew
    Wangg 100/1 ew (an extra g because Sky find his name so offensive)

In California 
    Kizzire 100/1 ew

so feel free to ridicule me when they all fail to make the cut.