You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!:
    For anybody who has DJ, he has had a fall where he is staying. Should still be ok to play, but it may affect his form. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/39510391
    Posted by MAXALLY

Anything to get out of playing alongside Walker and Bubba!
  • edited April 2017
    For anybody who has DJ, he has had a fall where he is staying. Should still be ok to play, but it may affect his form. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/39510391
    Posted by MAXALLY
    WITHDRAWN
  • edited April 2017
    I've added Henley at 35/1 ew
  • edited April 2017
    who ever wins this been a great days golf
  • edited April 2017
    who ever wins this been a great days golf
    Posted by vaigret
    +1 - Backed Rose but want Sergio to win now - looking good now
  • edited April 2017
    Well done Sergio even though   you cost me
  • edited April 2017
    Serrrrgggiiiooooo!!!!!!!
  • edited April 2017
    Well done Sergio even though   you cost me
    Posted by vaigret
    Me too..... I backed Justin Rose but at least I backed him e/w....... and backed Paul Casey e/w too.

Lost little bits on Kjeldsen, Oosthuizen and Kaymer but doubled my money, and it was great viewing and good to see the European boys spank the Yanks. 

I'm sure SKYBET have got the explanation wrong on the e/w payout on Rory McIlroy finishing tied 7th with 1 other player, therefore in the top 8 places, and they've defo got it wrong when they say 1/5th odds 'coz they were offering 1/4 odds e/w. 
  • edited April 2017

Well done Sergio.

Really enjoyable exciting viewing.

Also picked up a nice win on Mcllroy finishing in top 10

Congrats to all who cashed

• edited April 2017

I don't get to see much golf on TV 'coz I dont have SKY Sports, but after watching 'The Masters' on BBC2 over the weekend, I'll be following Thomas Pieters all season. 
    A very good player and take it from me, he really has an exceptional golf swing, and he's got a pretty good putting stroke too. I will be backing him in next years Masters, along with Justin Rose who I always back at Augusta.

EDIT:
    I also didn't realise how good an iron player Sergio has become...... mind you, when you're putting stroke is as bad as his, you have to be GREAT with the irons.
  • edited April 2017
    I don't get to see much golf on TV 'coz I dont have SKY Sports, but after watching 'The Masters' on BBC2 over the weekend, I'll be following Thomas Pieters all season.  A very good player and take it from me, he really has an exceptional golf swing, and he's got a pretty good putting stroke too. I will be backing him in next years Masters, along with Justin Rose who I always back at Augusta. EDIT: I also didn't realise how good an iron player Sergio has become...... mind you, when you're putting stroke is as bad as his, you have to be GREAT with the irons.
    Posted by MISTY4ME
    I still watch a fair bit of golf on sky, there are probably 20 players that you arent that familiar with that are top notch.Its who does it over the four days that count.There are a few good Japanese players to keep in mind.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2017 Season! : I still watch a fair bit of golf on sky, there are probably 20 players that you arent that familiar with that are top notch.Its who does it over the four days that count.There are a few good Japanese players to keep in mind.
    Posted by chilling
    I'm sure you're right Chill.  Apart from Matsuyama, I don't know any of the Jappy Chappys, but going on their record in 'The Majors'..... I don't think we have to worry about them for betting terms for a few years yet, (except in the Far East of course) . I just don't think they have the 'bottle' to win a Major. If they were in contention there would be more cameramen inside the ropes than crowds outside.

There are definitely some really good new players, and I'm going to study their swings and putting strokes to see which are worth following.
  • edited April 2017
    90% of my golf bets come from a mental aspect. ive never played golf in my life but i watch a lot of it... there are so many similarities between golf and poker in terms of reads, i think the guy that wrote the mental game of poker used to coach golfers or something along those lines.... there is a great article which i will try and find which shows the record golfers have in the 1 month after their partner gives birth, or they get married, its crazy how much better they perform, my guess is thats because you are playing care free knowing win or lose you are going back to your wife/kids etc.,, my only reason for backing Garcia was that hes in a great place from a personal perspective and recently engaged, Justin rose is obviously a really balanced and settled bloke so no surprise he did well too, I think Danny Willets wife had given birth just before the master last year so there is definitely something in it..... on the flip side look how poorly Woods did after the negative press he got.

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2017 Season! : I'm sure you're right Chill.  Apart from Matsuyama, I don't know any of the Jappy Chappys, but going on their record in 'The Majors'..... I don't think we have to worry about them for betting terms for a few years yet, (except in the Far East of course) . I just don't think they have the 'bottle' to win a Major. If they were in contention there would be more cameramen inside the ropes than crowds outside. There are definitely some really good new players, and I'm going to study their swings and putting strokes to see which are worth following.
    Posted by MISTY4ME
    lol misty.If you have Sky, thats all you see.Swings, swings and more b loody swings.Its between the ears, as they all have the ability.

• edited April 2017
    90% of my golf bets come from a mental aspect. ive never played golf in my life but i watch a lot of it... there are so many similarities between golf and poker in terms of reads, i think the guy that wrote the mental game of poker used to coach golfers or something along those lines.... there is a great article which i will try and find which shows the record golfers have in the 1 month after their partner gives birth, or they get married, its crazy how much better they perform, my guess is thats because you are playing care free knowing win or lose you are going back to your wife/kids etc.,, my only reason for backing Garcia was that hes in a great place from a personal perspective and recently engaged, Justin rose is obviously a really balanced and settled bloke so no surprise he did well too, I think Danny Willets wife had given birth just before the master last year so there is definitely something in it..... on the flip side look how poorly Woods did after the negative press he got.
    Posted by jordz16
    Yes the 'Baby Factor' has become a better known edge for backing players and as you say, it's because of the natural 'High' they are on. Danny Willett's wife had just given birth before last year's Masters, (he very nearly didn't even play in the Tournament). The 'Baby Factor' was picked up by Jeremy Chapman who used to write(may still do so?) in the Racing Post as golf correspondent. I know he writes in the RFO (Racing & Football Outlook) which comes out Mon. or Tues. each week, and he is probably THE No.1 Golf Tipster out there

..... and you're definitely right about Tiger Woods!!.... though he was always going to have health/physical problems with how hard and far he wanted to hit the ball. Rory will have the same problems too, certainly with his back, though he is definitely not as intense as Tiger was.
    A similar thing (Baby Factor)occurs with Jockeys too I believe.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2017 Season! : lol misty.If you have Sky, thats all you see.Swings, swings and more b loody swings.Its between the ears, as they all have the ability.
    Posted by chilling
    There are swings and swings Chill, but the mental game is definitely the main factor in winning tournaments / Golf in general. But the players with the best swings (except Jim Furyk) and putting strokes, will be up there competing for the win more often as there is less to go wrong, and repeats more often, particularly under pressure when it really matters. 
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2017 Season! : There are swings and swings Chill, but the mental game is definitely the main factor in winning tournaments / Golf in general. But the players with the best swings (except Jim Furyk) and putting strokes, will be up there competing for the win more often as there is less to go wrong, and repeats more often, particularly under pressure when it really matters. 
    Posted by MISTY4ME
    lmao misty, you sound like a golf pundit.Youve a vested interest though.Never do i hear more excuses, than from golfers.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2017 Season! : lmao misty, you sound like a golf pundit.Youve a vested interest though.Never do i hear more excuses, than from golfers.
    Posted by chilling
    Yes the amount of excuses/rounds of golf hole-by-hole I've had to listen to, especially when I was an Assistant Pro running the members comp's.......
  • edited April 2017
    Having won on Masters i'm having another punt

All £1 e/w

Morrocco

Joost Luiten 18/1

Robert Rock 90/1

Dean Burmester 16/1

Heritage

Francesco Molinari 40/1

Luke Donald 33/1

Brandt Snedeker 22/1

Matt Kucher 14/1

Top 20 finish

Luke Donald 13/8 £40

Be lucky

• edited April 2017
    Luke came in nicely so having another punt

All £1 e/w except Luiten where I used £5 free bet £2.50 e/w

China

Tommy Fleetwood 16/1

Bernd Wiesberger 20/1

Joost Luiten 22/1

Brandon Stone 40/1

Alexander Levy 28/1

FIRST ROUND LEADER

Tommy Fleetwood 25/1

Joost Luiten 33/1

USA

Kevin Chappell 33/1

Brandon Grace 25/1

Luke Donald 40/1

Ryan Moore 25/1

TOP 20 FINISH

Ryan Moore 11/10 £30

Be lucky

• edited April 2017
    Wish i'd covered the doubles now.

Still a very nice profit

Will try my luck again this weekend
  • edited April 2017
    Just betting on China as USA is a team event which is hard to call with no form guide and playing foursomes.

All £1 e/w except Wiesberger and Fisher who are £2 win only.

Wiesberger 11

Fisher 12

Coetzee 29

Lipsky 29

Hanson 51

TOP 20

Coetzee 2.25 £30

Be lucky

• edited April 2017
    Nice run you have got going Achill.

GL
  • edited April 2017
    Thanks

Hopefully it will continue for some time.
  • edited April 2017
    I've gone with Lipsky 33/1 and Scrivener 150/1 in the China open. 

De laet/Hearn 80/1 and Matsuyama/Tanihara 28/1 in the Zurich Classic. 
  • edited April 2017
    Have added Chris Wood at 40/1 £1 e/w

1st round leader

wood 50/1

hanson 50/1

lipsky 40/1

wiesberger 18/1

£1 e/w

be lucky
  • edited April 2017
    For the novelty factor and the 6 places being offered by sky, I have put some small bets on the Zurich Classic

Hatton/Donaldson
    Matsuyama/Tanihara
    Bradley/Steele
  • edited April 2017
    Very small profit on Hanson.

Overall bets looking good after day one.
  • edited April 2017
    2 of my picks missed the cut at -6 and -5, shame there wasnt a within 10 shots of the lead condition.

Anyhow Choi/Wi and Cjeka/Kjeldsen seemed good value after Round 2 so added them both e/w
  • edited April 2017
    With COETZEE finishing 8th, Wood 4th overall and Hanson placing for 1st round leader I've ended up £34.60p in profit.

Will have another punt next week and hopefully the run will continue.

Be lucky.