You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (The MASTERS!!!!) Year Profit: -52.19pts:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (The MASTERS!!!!) Year Profit: -52.19pts : The reason I will be sticking with Sky
    Posted by jackda
    lol - Yeah - Peter Alliss is doing my head in now . Moan moan moan about the greens . He does this every year and its getting boring now

Last bet for me after a bad day so far - Eveb if he plays badly he won,t capitulate like Rory - (hope he doesnt make looka fool now)

Placed (matched)

Back (Bet For) Odds Stake Profit
    US Masters 2013 (In-Play)
    Tiger Woods Winner 6.8 £11.00 £63.80
  • edited April 2013
    predicted final leaderboard on Sunday evening

1. Matt Kuchar   -7
    2. Nick Watney -6
       Tiger woods -6
       Brandt Snedeker -6
    5. Sergio Garcia -4
       Adam Scott -4
         Angel Cabrera -4
    8. Justin Rose -3
        Steve Stricker -3
       Lee Westwood -3
       Jason Day - 3 
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (The MASTERS!!!!) Year Profit: -52.19pts:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (The MASTERS!!!!) Year Profit: -52.19pts : An ok Start for me 3 in the top 13 other 3 nowhere so cant complain too much. Bubba Watson 40/1 £10ew +3 Dustin Johnson 33/1 £10ew -5 Ian Poulter 50/1 £10ew +4 Jim Furyk 80/1 £10ew -3 Tim Clark 225/1 £5ew -2 Martin Kaymer 125/1 £5ew E
    Posted by shuv

Actually dont need to really have a bet which makes a nice change gonig into the last day,

Tim Clark -5 - Tied 7th, would be a very nice if he shot another 5 under like yesterday, just a shame about his bogey on the last.

Jim Furyk -2 tied 9th, More hopful with Clark but could easily finish placed.

Dustin Johnson +1 Tied 23rd. A long shot now, but capable of hitting a very low score today so you never know

Bubba Watson +2 Tied 28th, as above really.

Kaymer way off, and poulter didnt make the cut.

Come on Tim Clark!!!
  • edited April 2013
    4 of us at work have all chucked in a tenner and gone £2.50 e/w on.... Ernie else 125/1 Luke Donald 40/1 Charl Schwartzel 25/1 Bill Hass 66/1 Peter Hanson 66/1 louis Oosthuizen 28/1 Thorbjorn Olesen 100/1 Francesco Molinari 150/1 .....I have also got Angel Carbrera from the SP froll so hoping he does well.
    Posted by MAXALLY

Not sure if he can win it today, but hopefully he finishes in the top 10 at least.
  • edited April 2013
    predicted final leaderboard on Sunday evening 1. Matt Kuchar   -7 2. Nick Watney -6    Tiger woods -6    Brandt Snedeker -6 5. Sergio Garcia -4    Adam Scott -4      Angel Cabrera -4 8. Justin Rose -3     Steve Stricker -3    Lee Westwood -3    Jason Day - 3 
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Boy I hope you are  right,but the pessimist in me thinks  Snedeker will win
  • edited April 2013
    Suppose I need to cheer on Snedeker now for my season long bet of Snedeker PGA tour money leader and Oosthuizen R2D leader... Can't see Louis doing much though, needs to start performing!
  • edited April 2013

Haven't watched much of the coverage but going for the full 7 hours uninterrupted tonight.

Need a bet, and with no Europeans in contention I'll have to go w/ Woods @ 13/2! £4

Not bothered about quality of commentators really, but which channel shows the most (live) shots?

gl all w/ open bets ! :)
  • edited April 2013
    Well here we go then. I'm in with a shout with Kucher @ 33s , maybe Duffer can sneak a placer too. Gl guys. 
  • edited April 2013
    Rofl as I spoke, JD cards a 6 @ 1
  • edited April 2013
    Haven't watched much of the coverage but going for the full 7 hours uninterrupted tonight. Need a bet, and with no Europeans in contention I'll have to go w/ Woods @ 13/2! £4 Not bothered about quality of commentators really, but which channel shows the most (live) shots? gl all w/ open bets ! :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Woods is my only chance as well , but anyone fancying a long shot . Tim Clark who is playing with Woods is still 64/1 on Betfair (prior to going out)  which is gr8 value imo

Placed (matched)

Back (Bet For) Odds Stake Profit
    US Masters 2013 (In-Play)
    Tim Clark Winner 65 £3.00 £192.00
    Ref: 26467819401M Matched: 19:11 14-Apr-13
  • edited April 2013
    I was a bit annoyed with sky. see RIDICULOUS:8 in the football corner.anyway because I was annoyed I put £600. on WIGAN to win @ 5/6. so skys given me £500. Please annoy me again sky.It's golf time now  I posted my golfers on here the other day + tyey're not doing bad.I've got.

snedeker  -7
                                                            kucher      -4
                                                            stricher     -2
                                                            dufner      +2
    They were all between  35 +  66 to one but one of them mightbe80's. Idont know which price is which.
  • edited April 2013
    Only one person going to win this now. Hope it will be Day who I backed from start but the winner is going to be another I should have done from the start as he won for me before 

Cabrera

so relaxed

Get on now if you can get a price
  • edited April 2013
    Earlier tonight,I have had a saver on Tiger  Woods @6/1 and Jason Day @9/1.

Although I am hoping Mat Kuchar can win it late.
  • edited April 2013
    Just noticed none of us picked one golfer who has a terriffic record over the last 5 years at the Masters and available at 125-1 before tournie started.
  • edited April 2013
    Somebody who will win Masters in next 3-5 years if not next year

OLESEN

who once he knew course played superbly
  • edited April 2013
    Just noticed none of us picked one golfer who has a terriffic record over the last 5 years at the Masters and available at 125-1 before tournie started.
    Posted by vaigret
    I was in Ladbrokes last Weds when their golfing expert Dan Roebuck, was giving his reasons for tipping him up on their monitor. I thought yep, why not add him to my bets, then just left it.
  • edited April 2013
    Somebody who will win Masters in next 3-5 years if not next year OLESEN who once he knew course played superbly
    Posted by vaigret
    Yes he has played very well after an opening 78. Will be thinking about him next year for top european, scandanavian etc.

Though I'm certain that ricochet off the flag has cost Tiger the win. That was defo 3, more likely 4 shots at that hole alone gone west. Plus all the shinanegans that followed must have affected him mentally. 
  • edited April 2013
    cabrera is a class player some of the shots hes doing amazing to watch and that shot when scott got a birdie amazing i didnt bet cabrera as he owes me nowt i  won on him in 2008 when he won the masterssent a e-mail on the show saying cabrera is a massive price who has a great record at the masters 
  • edited April 2013
    Well Done Adam Scott

true guts shown

and

well played Cabrera.

Disappointed Day fell away for a place but dont think he would have lived with them in that play off
  • edited April 2013
    Really pleased for Adam, it's been a long time coming but finally a major in the bag.
  • edited April 2013
    cabrera is a class player some of the shots hes doing amazing to watch and that shot when scott got a birdie amazing i didnt bet cabrera as he owes me nowt i  won on him in 2008 when he won the masterssent a e-mail on the show saying cabrera is a massive price who has a great record at the masters 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Doesnt owe me anything either just disappointed I didnt keep with him. I usually do but everybody said he had shot his bolt this year. Just shows he is at the age when he can relax in tournies as a double major winner and really they should never be discounted.

• edited April 2013
    Classy winner, even classier loser. Wd both
  • edited April 2013

Gutted. If Cabrera won, I got a free seat to SPT Dublin from the Sky Poker Masters freeroll :(

....I still get a Primo seat though.....so all good.
  • edited April 2013
    Gutted. If Cabrera won, I got a free seat to SPT Dublin from the Sky Poker Masters freeroll :( ....I still get a Primo seat though.....so all good.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Yep unlucky Alan..... Run bad continues
  • edited April 2013
    Classy winner, even classier loser. Wd both
    Posted by joesman1
    +1

Did my money in but chuffed for Adam Scott. Gr8 play off
  • edited April 2013
    4 of us at work have all chucked in a tenner and gone £2.50 e/w on.... Ernie else 125/1 Luke Donald 40/1 Charl Schwartzel 25/1 Bill Hass 66/1 Peter Hanson 66/1 louis Oosthuizen 28/1 Thorbjorn Olesen 100/1 Francesco Molinari 150/1 .....I have also got Angel Carbrera from the SP froll so hoping he does well.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Was checking back to see if anyone had a good win - not too shabby max!

I had scott to win but only £2 on him and once you take out the losing bets i'm up about £35. So cant complain.

Looking forward to the us open now to lose it all again. Couldn't resist looking into it last night a little- Furyk from philly and fowler won the walker cup at Merion in 2009 winning all his matches in it so i'll probably have an ew bet on them. Have to wait and see how everyone else's form is between now and then.
  • edited April 2013
    Yeah well done Adam, well deserved.

Fairplay to Cabrera as well, gracious in defeat but a great effort.

Shame for me none of my bets got anywhere near, and it's lucky it was a good Sunday or I would of just gone to bed early.

I didn't watch the presentation, but from past years, that butlers cabin presentation is so awkward and cringe! It really needs updating and scrapping. Let it all take place outside with the punters... I mean patrons.
  • edited April 2013

Good luck with the Primo seat Maxally!

Painful day for me, started with the two leaders, I backed Snedeker at 66/1 on Jan 15th my first bet of the year, his bogey on the last dropped him down to 6th, one shot behind the fortunate Tiger Woods.

When Cabrera showed some glimpse of form last month, I posted I was backing him 'in running' in those events and at three figures for The Masters, but as the glimpses of from quickly disappeared, i convinced myself or allowed myself to be convinced, that my Cabrera pick was  just a sentimental bet, which is something I'm a sucker for on the golf, especially in Cabrera's case where he's been a big winner for me in the past.

Though Adam Scott and his broom handle putter seems a good guy, in comparison to the big player / caddy partnerships, I would have loved to have seen Cabrera win it again, there was something so endearing to see him turn up with his son on the bag and just play the game and the course with such refreshing ease.

He showed his true colours in defeat and to be fair so did Adam Scott in victory, I think between them they rescued what could have been a far from glorious 2013 Masters.

• edited April 2013
    I know Augusta is supposed to be the best golf course on earth, but in all honesty, I don't think I could enjoy myself if I was there. Snobby members swaning around in their green blazers, 90% of the clubhouse probably has limitations on who can enter what door depending on how much money you have! What really summed it up was on the Sunday, the commentators mentioned how great the crowned looked with all the Masters umbrellas. Now if that was any other event there would be a sea of multi coloured unbrellas. I didn't see a single one, which tells me they have put a sign up at the entrance saying no 'outside umbrellas' and only Masters ones to be used, which I bet they were selling for about $100 at the pro shop! So many people seemed to be sat there soaking with no umbrella to use as I bet they have refused to pay their super inflated prices.

Probably just bitter because my bets were a wash out like the weather, but I do feel golf is really let down by the snobby history at a lot of clubs. They really need to get with the 21st century and realise a lot of youngsters are playing the game these days, and it's not all about the 70 year old members that barely have enough strength to swing a driver.
  • edited April 2013
    Gutted. If Cabrera won, I got a free seat to SPT Dublin from the Sky Poker Masters freeroll :( ....I still get a Primo seat though.....so all good.
    Posted by MAXALLY

Good luck alan