You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited April 2013
    I haven't declared my first round leader bets:

Brandt Snedeker 40/1
    Graeme Mcdowell 50/1
    Peter Hanson 50/1
    Henrik Stenson 55/1
    Nick Watney 55/1
    Nicolas Closaerts 70/1
    George Coetzee 125/1
    Gonzalo Fedez-Castano 150/1
  • edited April 2013
    gl all this week, I'm guna stick w/ Poulter, the £2 bet I placed on him to win what I thought was the world matchplay a couple of months ago, but I was looking at the wrong market!

Here for info, anyone know if there's any red button coverage? If so, what time does it come on?

ty and gl all! 
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (The MASTERS!!!!) Year Profit: -52.19pts:
    gl all this week, I'm guna stick w/ Poulter, the £2 bet I placed on him to win what I thought was the world matchplay a couple of months ago, but I was looking at the wrong market! Here for info, anyone know if there's any red button coverage? If so, what time does it come on? ty and gl all! 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I'm watching the golf on the red button now
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (The MASTERS!!!!) Year Profit: -52.19pts:
    gl all this week, I'm guna stick w/ Poulter, the £2 bet I placed on him to win what I thought was the world matchplay a couple of months ago, but I was looking at the wrong market! Here for info, anyone know if there's any red button coverage? If so, what time does it come on? ty and gl all! 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hello captain, don't hink there's any red button coverage, so nothing on TV until 7 as best as I know.

I think You will be able to follow some live video action earlier either through the Master official site, master.com or maybe cbssports.com, though not sure if that's accessible via the UK.

If in doubt there should be some links on the pgatour.com website.

Hope that helps, good luck with Poults, though I hope you have more luck with your cricket bets!
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (The MASTERS!!!!) Year Profit: -52.19pts : I'm watching the golf on the red button now
    Posted by TORTUS007
    So it is!

Good shout Tortus, I never saw anything advertised myself, its basically the same as the online coverage until the full live coverage at 7.
  • edited April 2013

ty both, appreciate the info. 
  • edited April 2013
    I was only going to post, to remind all.
    chelsea kick off @ 5 pm. (espn) the others are 8 pm
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (The MASTERS!!!!) Year Profit: -52.19pts : Yeah, he played very well in last years USPGA, hence his invite here. Just think he is the type to over excel when under the radar. Good start for Westy, not!!
    Posted by joesman1
    And obviously as I fancied him, and he was out early, I backed him to be leader after the 1st round didn't I?? Er........
  • edited April 2013
    Gl to everyone. My 3 all go out v late tomoz, which isnt ideal. Prefer to have them spread out incase 1 side of the draw is disadvantaged. Ah well.
    Posted by splashies
    I agree . thts the only problem with golf in the first 2 days epcecially. Remember the Open a few years back where the weather took an almighty turn for the worse for the late starters and the ave score was not far off 10 shots higher than the early starters.

I think the greens may dry out a bit and harden up for the later starters today, but hopefully shouldn,t be to much of a swing. I,ve only backed 3 players but 2 of them are late starters and Swratchel got off to a nightmare start although he has got a cpl of shots back now which should steady his nerves

Ps - FAO Flasflush - sent u a PM

EDIT: arghh - how frustrating . i can get Sky 1 on Skygo.com but theres no red button on there . Anyone got any ideas how i can watch Amen corner?
  • edited April 2013
    Right I'm back from work and ready for a night in front of the golf.

I see there is a typo on the leaderboard...Lynn -4 wtf? Surprised to see him up there considering his lack of length off the tee. And Furyk for that matter too!

Cant wait for mine to tee off!
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (The MASTERS!!!!) Year Profit: -52.19pts : And obviously as I fancied him, and he was out early, I backed him to be leader after the 1st round didn't I?? Er........
    Posted by joesman1
    ahh I was wondering if you were on him for first round leader.

I've backed Lynn at 250/1 for the tourney, but also kicking myself for not backing him first round leader and also for not having the balls to put him in fantasy team!

Though I reckon 5 or 6 under will be leading by the end of the day, unless the weather takes a turn for the worst.

I didn't realise that some bookies have a first round leader in running market, I'm sure Lynn would have been decent odds for much of his round.

With GMac's double on 12, I've just added Dustin Johnson at 40/1 for first round leader and that's me done for the day.

Good Luck all!!!
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (The MASTERS!!!!) Year Profit: -52.19pts : ahh I was wondering if you were on him for first round leader. I've backed Lynn at 250/1 for the tourney, but also kicking myself for not backing him first round leader and also for not having the balls to put him in fantasy team! Though I reckon 5 or 6 under will be leading by the end of the day, unless the weather takes a turn for the worst. I didn't realise that some bookies have a first round leader in running market, I'm sure Lynn would have been decent odds for much of his round. With GMac's double on 12, I've just added Dustin Johnson at 40/1 for first round leader and that's me done for the day. Good Luck all!!!
    Posted by TheDart
    Yeah at 4 under he might just about hold on to a place. Tiger might do some damage coming home, perfect conditions at the min.
  • edited April 2013
    Another bet as i normally back him anyway and has a good start

Win
    Single: Poulter, Ian @ 125/1
    1 line at £2.00 per line
    Total stake for this bet: £2.00
    Potential returns: £252.00

EDIT - sigh

In play at -1

Win
    Single: Haas, Bill @ 40/1
    1 line at £4.00 per line
    Total stake for this bet: £4.00
    Potential returns: £164.00

EDIT - last bet of the day
    Selections www.bet365.com/instantbet/images/instantbet/images/2x23-H-Line.gif" border="0" alt="" /> Event www.bet365.com/instantbet/images/instantbet/images/2x23-H-Line.gif" border="0" alt="" /> Event Date www.bet365.com/instantbet/images/instantbet/images/2x23-H-Line.gif" border="0" alt="" /> Odds www.bet365.com/instantbet/images/instantbet/images/2x23-H-Line.gif" border="0" alt="" /> E/W Terms www.bet365.com/instantbet/images/instantbet/images/2x23-H-Line.gif" border="0" alt="" /> Result
    1 www.bet365.com/instantbet/images/instantbet/images/1x1-IE7-Fix.gif" border="0" alt="" />
    Rory McIlroy 
    www.bet365.com/instantbet/images/instantbet/images/1x1-IE7-Fix.gif" border="0" alt="" /> US Masters - 2013
    Outright Winner
    www.bet365.com/instantbet/images/instantbet/images/1x1-IE7-Fix.gif" border="0" alt="" /> 14/04/2013 www.bet365.com/instantbet/images/instantbet/images/1x1-IE7-Fix.gif" border="0" alt="" />
    16/1
    www.bet365.com/instantbet/images/instantbet/images/1x1-IE7-Fix.gif" border="0" alt="" /> 5 Places
    1/4 Odds
    www.bet365.com/instantbet/images/instantbet/images/1x1-IE7-Fix.gif" border="0" alt="" /> To Run
    Stake 5.00 To Return  85.00  
  • edited April 2013
    So how was the 1st day for everyone? Only Dustin Johnson is under par for me. Oosthuizen had a very disapointing 74, and is not doing anywhere near as well as I hoped!

None of my 1st round leader bets were anywhere near. Did anyone have Sergio? Not seen his name mentioned much at all in the build up.

The bookies are going to take an absolute beating if Dustin does end up winning!! Long way to go though.

Oh yeah, how well did that 14 year old do!?! Good stuff huh? Puts us all to shame.
  • edited April 2013
    So how was the 1st day for everyone? Only Dustin Johnson is under par for me. Oosthuizen had a very disapointing 74, and is not doing anywhere near as well as I hoped! None of my 1st round leader bets were anywhere near. Did anyone have Sergio? Not seen his name mentioned much at all in the build up. The bookies are going to take an absolute beating if Dustin does end up winning!! Long way to go though. Oh yeah, how well did that 14 year old do!?! Good stuff huh? Puts us all to shame.
    Posted by FlashFlush

An ok Start for me 3 in the top 13 other 3 nowhere so cant complain too much.

Bubba Watson 40/1 £10ew +3
    Dustin Johnson 33/1 £10ew -5
    Ian Poulter 50/1 £10ew +4
    Jim Furyk 80/1 £10ew -3
    Tim Clark 225/1 £5ew -2
    Martin Kaymer 125/1 £5ew E
  • edited April 2013

So many of the big names are well placed, Tiger and Phil are well placed, Fowler and Westwood looked impressive after starting with double bogeys.

My early ante post bets are doing best for me, Dustin Johnson and I'm quietly pleased with Brandt Snedeker's position.

Couple of my lively outsiders are well placed David Lynn and Gonzo, though I can't see Gonzo's putting standing up to much pressure, at least he did get me a return on the first round market.

I was pleased I waited until Watney drifted out to 66/1 I should have waited a few more days, what a shocking round that was!

I didn't see anything of Stenson, but he didn't fair much better.

I'm hoping for a big round from GMac and Hanson, they are not out of it, but they are not in it either.

I've been a big follower of Sergio since his sabbatical, but not a penny on him this time and even took him out of my fantasy team the night before, to be replaced by Schwartzel.

I'm out for most of the day, but will have a proper look at the latest betting and may have a dabble if I can sniff out any value, quite like the way Bell's Bo Van pelt is placed and at 100/1 and 125/1 feels like he could be worth a little ew nibble.

• edited April 2013
    problem with the Bo-ster is he thrives on fast greens and after all the reports that they were hard and fast luke donald has come out and said they are the softest theyve played in 9 years!!! still shows what a decent round he shot. big hats off to the young chinese amateur the tv pundits had been saying all week it would be a miracle if he broke 80!! well dont that young man incredible round for him. 

those on DJ at the mo well done im sure your delighted. havent checked through all predictions agaijn but im sure theres one or 2 on sergio also so happy days. id looked at kuch before and he could be the danger but im not a fan and couldnt get overly excited about him winning even with my money riding so decided to duck out. he looks a main danger. hoping like darty that big pete goes low today. wouldnt be surprised at all if he did. as long as theyre in contention come moving day tomorrow ill be happy. 

ill be having a few bets tomorrow after seeing how this evening goes. if keegan can shoot 70 or so today he should still sneak in cut and would be very backable at would should be huge odds in the instance, although maybe im trying to design it too much but hes a satuday/sunday kinda guy and wouldnt surpirse me if hanging in there he could make a move. 

if you give me a free bet now on one competitor it would be SNEDEKER - impressed with 6 birdies yesterday after being out of form/injured. cut down the mistakes and hell be close come sunday. 
  • edited April 2013
    problem with the Bo-ster is he thrives on fast greens and after all the reports that they were hard and fast luke donald has come out and said they are the softest theyve played in 9 years!!! still shows what a decent round he shot. big hats off to the young chinese amateur the tv pundits had been saying all week it would be a miracle if he broke 80!! well dont that young man incredible round for him.  those on DJ at the mo well done im sure your delighted. havent checked through all predictions agaijn but im sure theres one or 2 on sergio also so happy days. id looked at kuch before and he could be the danger but im not a fan and couldnt get overly excited about him winning even with my money riding so decided to duck out. he looks a main danger. hoping like darty that big pete goes low today. wouldnt be surprised at all if he did. as long as theyre in contention come moving day tomorrow ill be happy.  ill be having a few bets tomorrow after seeing how this evening goes. if keegan can shoot 70 or so today he should still sneak in cut and would be very backable at would should be huge odds in the instance, although maybe im trying to design it too much but hes a satuday/sunday kinda guy and wouldnt surpirse me if hanging in there he could make a move.  if you give me a free bet now on one competitor it would be SNEDEKER - impressed with 6 birdies yesterday after being out of form/injured. cut down the mistakes and hell be close come sunday. 
    Posted by BELL_POKER

I may be wrong on this, and could look a right numpty come midnight tonight, but I don't think Kuch is going to do very well today. They will "Turn on the hoovers" as they call them and suck that moisture out, and those greens will be really firm today, and his approaches will be coming in from further, with lower trajectory that most and I think he will struggle to keep them on the green a lot of the time... People like Dustin, who are using wedges a lot of the time will have the advantage of getting a little bit of action on the ball, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him sat in first after today.

• edited April 2013
    So how was the 1st day for everyone? Only Dustin Johnson is under par for me. Oosthuizen had a very disapointing 74, and is not doing anywhere near as well as I hoped! None of my 1st round leader bets were anywhere near. Did anyone have Sergio? Not seen his name mentioned much at all in the build up. The bookies are going to take an absolute beating if Dustin does end up winning!! Long way to go though. Oh yeah, how well did that 14 year old do!?! Good stuff huh? Puts us all to shame.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Not a bad day for me so far, some right in it and rest not completely out of it

D Johnson -5
    A Scott -3
    Snedeker -2
    Rose -2
    Mcdowell E
    Bradley +1

only one that's gone is Laird in the first round leader market! stuck on a last minute one on snedeker too and got some money (£5) from a freeroll i placed in (on paddy p) which i put on rose ew as well. They pay 6 places too. so hopefully he keeps going the way he's going.

Need more of the same from Johnson, scott, snedeker and rose. A good day for bradley and mcdowell would be nice to get them back into the hunt. Got a feeling the orgainisers wont have been happy with the low scorng on day 1 and i thnk there really gonna toughen it up today. So anything around the -2 to -4 would be nice from my wee team!!

Tournaments simmering nicely with a lot of big names well placed! also starting to get tempted by mcilroy now at 22/1 but too concerned about his putting!
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (The MASTERS!!!!) Year Profit: -52.19pts : I may be wrong on this, and could look a right numpty come midnight tonight, but I don't think Kuch is going to do very well today. They will "Turn on the hoovers" as they call them and suck that moisture out, and those greens will be really firm today, and his approaches will be coming in from further, with lower trajectory that most and I think he will struggle to keep them on the green a lot of the time... People like Dustin, who are using wedges a lot of the time will have the advantage of getting a little bit of action on the ball, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him sat in first after today.
    Posted by FlashFlush

really hope your right about them playing hard and fast for obvious reasons 
  • edited April 2013
    36 players out and only 3 of them under par and there's a chance of rain and thunderstorms later!!
  • edited April 2013
    im liking this nick watney punter friendly philosophy of 'i know, ill lure everyone else into a false sense of security by giving others a 12 shot over me then baaam ill take them out when they leat expect it!!!' 

999/1 on the machine after 2 under for the day, 2 quid win yes please  : ) 

not beyond the realms he could shoot 66 today and get back to par for tourney?? unlikely but not impossible! 
  • edited April 2013
    LONGEST  PUT

I watched the live coverage last night from 7pm and as it got toward the end i said to my m8 - can you remember any long putts. we both thought about it for a minute and couldn,t remember anyone making a put over 10-12 ft and no chip ins off the greens either

This is something i,ve never seen before. Over 5 hours of coverage and not a single long put . I know they said the greens were a bit sticky but why does it really make that much difference?

EDIT - just remembered .The longest one i do remember was from the 14 year old on the 18th which was probably a little over 12 ft - Haven,t seen any coverage yet today but what an amzing acheivment  in his first round - really hoping he makes the cut
  • edited April 2013
    choi and leishamn on the 16th both holed long putts
  • edited April 2013
    Another bet as i normally back him anyway and has a good start Win Single: Poulter, Ian @ 125/1 1 line at £2.00 per line Total stake for this bet: £2.00 Potential returns: £252.00 EDIT - sigh In play at -1 Win Single: Haas, Bill @ 40/1 1 line at £4.00 per line Total stake for this bet: £4.00 Potential returns: £164.00 EDIT - last bet of the day Selections www.bet365.com/instantbet/images/instantbet/images/2x23-H-Line.gif " border="0" alt="" /> Event www.bet365.com/instantbet/images/instantbet/images/2x23-H-Line.gif " border="0" alt="" /> Event Date www.bet365.com/instantbet/images/instantbet/images/2x23-H-Line.gif " border="0" alt="" /> Odds www.bet365.com/instantbet/images/instantbet/images/2x23-H-Line.gif " border="0" alt="" /> E/W Terms www.bet365.com/instantbet/images/instantbet/images/2x23-H-Line.gif " border="0" alt="" /> Result 1 www.bet365.com/instantbet/images/instantbet/images/1x1-IE7-Fix.gif " border="0" alt="" /> Rory McIlroy  www.bet365.com/instantbet/images/instantbet/images/1x1-IE7-Fix.gif " border="0" alt="" /> US Masters - 2013 Outright Winner www.bet365.com/instantbet/images/instantbet/images/1x1-IE7-Fix.gif " border="0" alt="" /> 14/04/2013 www.bet365.com/instantbet/images/instantbet/images/1x1-IE7-Fix.gif " border="0" alt="" /> 16/1 www.bet365.com/instantbet/images/instantbet/images/1x1-IE7-Fix.gif " border="0" alt="" /> 5 Places 1/4 Odds www.bet365.com/instantbet/images/instantbet/images/1x1-IE7-Fix.gif " border="0" alt="" /> To Run Stake  5.00 To Return  85.00  
    Posted by MP33

Not sure what happeneed with that bet , but its basically £5 on Rory at 16/1
    Never backed him before but after watching his driving yesterday its probably my main tip now. He did leave a few shots out there but as were not even halfway through he,s just going to move up and up imo

EDIT - and he,s just gone 1 under

Ps - Didn,t see it father father V - Leishmann had already finished when the live coverage started at 7pm
  • edited April 2013
    OMG Dustin wtf????

I went out when he was -7...just got back and he's dropped 6 shots. Massive sigh

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (The MASTERS!!!!) Year Profit: -52.19pts : I may be wrong on this, and could look a right numpty come midnight tonight, but I don't think Kuch is going to do very well today. They will "Turn on the hoovers" as they call them and suck that moisture out, and those greens will be really firm today, and his approaches will be coming in from further, with lower trajectory that most and I think he will struggle to keep them on the green a lot of the time... People like Dustin, who are using wedges a lot of the time will have the advantage of getting a little bit of action on the ball, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him sat in first after today.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Well u truly went and put the kibosh into everyone's hopes on Dustin didn't u Charles lol. 
  • edited April 2013
    I was nearly bang on the money there as well! Kuch over par and Dustin leading at -7!
    The worst thing for me is he is still my best performing bet :(

Johnson -1
    Jacobsen +1
    Hanson +3
    McDowell +4
    Oosthuizen CUT 
  • edited April 2013
    Dufner has eased my Dustin pain for now.