You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited April 2013
    My Masters portfolio is really taking shape now and top of the pile are Nick Watney and Henrik Stenson, both currently priced at 66/1 outright and also great value in the 'without Woods' and 'without Woods, Mcllroy and Mickleson' markets.'

We have all been feeling sorry for Marcel Siem just missing out, but I think it would have been an even greater travesty if Henrik Stenson had missed out.

Henrik along with Russel Henley were the two players responsible for nudging Siem out to 51st in the world rankings.

I've been looking at Stenson's stats for 2013 and there really isn't much to not like, is there a better player in form right now, (Ok ignore the worlds number 1 and 2).

Seriously Stenson has the game and the right stats, he won on the European Tour last November and since then his all round game has been getting stronger and more and more consistent, which I think is key to Henrik's game.

He has recorded top 20's in the past and lets not's forget he was leading The Masters after 17 holes last year when he was no where near with his A game or confidence.

Finally on realising he was in this years Master's he said to his caddy, 'so we're going to play for the Green Jacket', he's in it to win it!

• edited April 2013
    I do like the look of Stenson, but I'm sticking with just the 3 picks atm.

2 days to go!!!
  • edited April 2013
    darts picked Russell Henley for top debutant - im gonna have a few bob e/w on him 1st round leader, a georgia rookie on his first majors start, i can see the headlines now
  • edited April 2013
    Par 3 winner odds are up. This is very hard to predict as nobody really takes it seriously and it's a bit of banter before the main event. So I've just done £1 win only on 5 players that have good par 3 stats. 

Webb Simpson 33/1
    Robert Garrigus 50/1
    Henrik Stenson 50/1
    Ian Poulter 33/1
    Brandt Snedeker 33/1
  • edited April 2013
    splashies please check your pm's before 8.15pm Tuesday
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Valero Texas Open) Year Profit: -31.19pts:
    Wd Dart. Also yay wd Rory. With him hitting a bit of form Tiger gonna drift a bit. P Power already pushed him out to 4/1. So u can now back him ew with them knowing as long as he is in the top 6 u get your money back. Last 2 years he has played (2010/2011) whilst out of form/injured he has still managed a top 6 at Augusta. He is defo my main pick on those terms. Also backing Dustin Johnson + 1 other in the w/o Woods market when it's up. Hanson Top European (got a feeling Americans will dominate this week, so that's why I'm going that route with him). Then il look at the Top Debutant market. One other thing, there are always quite a few soft 3 ball matches due to ex winners, special invites, etc etc, so I'll be looking closely at them.
    Posted by joesman1
    Added Richard Sterne ew 200/1 and ew w/o Woods 140/1.  And 1st round leader ew 150/1. He's out early and it's expected to get windy/rain in the afternoon.
  • edited April 2013
    WTF
    Did anyone see the prss conference yesterday with Jack Nicklaus.

I like the way his first words were "It wasn,t my call" regarding the honuary membership to Condaleeza Rice and the green jacket. Why does politics have to get in the way of everything .

Its not about been the first woman member. Its about what she stands for and who behind the scenes dreamt up this ridicolous idea. I,m suprised not one golfer has the guts to pull out of the tournament in protest. Disgrace imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml3A4zrQjrc
  • edited April 2013
    * Win: P. Mickelson
    * E/W: D. Johnson, H. Mahan, P. Hanson & F. Jacobson
  • edited April 2013
    What have I missed? I know nothing of what your talking about... clicking that link has confused me more, lol
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (The MASTERS!!!!) Year Profit: -52.19pts:
    My Masters portfolio is really taking shape now and top of the pile are Nick Watney and Henrik Stenson , both currently priced at 66/1 outright and also great value in the 'without Woods' and 'without Woods, Mcllroy and Mickleson' markets.' We have all been feeling sorry for Marcel Siem just missing out, but I think it would have been an even greater travesty if Henrik Stenson had missed out. Henrik along with Russel Henley were the two players responsible for nudging Siem out to 51st in the world rankings. I've been looking at Stenson's stats for 2013 and there really isn't much to not like, is there a better player in form right now, (Ok ignore the worlds number 1 and 2). Seriously Stenson has the game and the right stats, he won on the European Tour last November and since then his all round game has been getting stronger and more and more consistent, which I think is key to Henrik's game. He has recorded top 20's in the past and lets not's forget he was leading The Masters after 17 holes last year when he was no where near with his A game or confidence. Finally on realising he was in this years Master's he said to his caddy, 'so we're going to play for the Green Jacket', he's in it to win it!
    Posted by TheDart
    Greame mcdowell - 5 top 10's in his last 8 tournaments, 5th in last years masters, finished top 15 (2 top 5's) in all four of last years majors and former major winner. Oh and he has a morning tee time tomorrow. 60/1!!
  • edited April 2013
    Yeh, G-Mac is crazy long odds for his achievements, but he just doesn't seem to stick out for me this year, and clearly not for a lot of people.

He has barely played this year so that might put him under the radar a bit. He has played the matchplay, but that's a totally different game and I wouldn't count that towards a strokeplay event. He missed the cut on his 1st start of the season. The Honda he did better, but faded at the weekend when it matters most, and when he was paired with Woods in the final group at the WGC Cadillac he only shot 72 when it really counted. All this and a T45 at the Arnold Palmer are factors why he is maybe not seen as a big threat by the bookies.

That being said though, he is still a great player, it's just his Sunday form that would concern me. I may have an e/w w/o woods etc bet on him if the odds are good. 
  • edited April 2013
    not very adventurouis with mine but here goes

Justin Rose
    Dustin Johnson
    Richard Sterne
    Jason Day
    Matt Kuchar

it gives it a bit more interest
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (The MASTERS!!!!) Year Profit: -52.19pts:
    Yeh, G-Mac is crazy long odds for his achievements, but he just doesn't seem to stick out for me this year, and clearly not for a lot of people. He has barely played this year so that might put him under the radar a bit. He has played the matchplay, but that's a totally different game and I wouldn't count that towards a strokeplay event. He missed the cut on his 1st start of the season. The Honda he did better, but faded at the weekend when it matters most, and when he was paired with Woods in the final group at the WGC Cadillac he only shot 72 when it really counted. All this and a T45 at the Arnold Palmer are factors why he is maybe not seen as a big threat by the bookies. That being said though, he is still a great player, it's just his Sunday form that would concern me. I may have an e/w w/o woods etc bet on him if the odds are good. 
    Posted by FlashFlush
    It's his sunday form that worries me most - he was in contention for two of the majors last year and didnt turn up on the sunday! regarding his other form I'd say it's better than most for 2013. I dunno i've just got a feeling about him

my bets:
    Mcdowell     @ 60/1 EW
    Adam Scott @ 28/1
    D Johnson   @ 30/1
    Bradley       @ 25/1
    and
    Martin Laird first round leader @ 66/1 ew
  • edited April 2013
    Gl to everyone.

My 3 all go out v late tomoz, which isnt ideal. Prefer to have them spread out incase 1 side of the draw is disadvantaged.

Ah well.
  • edited April 2013
    Scott,Day,Kuchar,Mahan and van pelt all fiver ew
    Plus £25 ew with an Irish bookie on Woods @7/1

GL all
  • edited April 2013
    can i gauge peoples thoughts and views on the best ever masters shot comp theyve been running on sky sports?

the most memorable has to be TIGER's chip from off the green which swings right around and is a sponsors absolute dream as all you see is white ball then on the edge of cup is the big NIKE SWOOSH then baaam in the hole!!! couldnt script that in an ad (they used the very shot in an advertisement since!!)

BUT....... for me, the best, hands down, without a shadow of doubt, BUBBA's shot from the trees in last years play off. absolute quality under such high pressure. who needs lessons eh??!! 
  • edited April 2013
    wasnt aware of no european winner since '99, a little disconcerting for my love of the swedes particularly this week! 

Gonna leave Stenson out initially with a view to back at what could be tastier odds on Fri morning if all the high winds/storms late thurday prove to be true. 

Having said that, Bo goes out late but his 8 under on the sunday last year on the one day the greens dried out are a serious cause of optimism and ill be backing him in both markets given the greens are ultra fast at the mo

as i type this the Bo-ster is minus 3 thru 3 holes in the par 3 already!!!! id sooner he wasnt going as well as he does things like thsat in pro ams and the like then shoots a 78 or so the next day 

PETER HANSON BOTH MARKETS E/W
    BO VAN PELT BOTH MARKETS E/W
    KEVIN STREELMAN 1ST ROUND LEADER E/W
    RUSSELL HENLEY 1ST ROUND E/W
    and recently added...... 
    WATNEY OUTRIGHT E/W had a good day and an ace in the par 3 

and a bet on the keegster in running at some stage when the feeling is right!!! 
  • edited April 2013
    Just updated my Euro Fantasy Team..... I've checked all the leaders and apart from 1st position (who hasnt updated their team this week yet) they all virtually pick the same players, same goes for Flashy, Darty and Splashie.... I've gone proper left-field with 3 of my picks and left some big guns out.... So gonna drop 100's of spots or gain big style this week.

Gl all with yer bets, by far my biggest win would be Sterne.
  • edited April 2013
    can i gauge peoples thoughts and views on the best ever masters shot comp theyve been running on sky sports? the most memorable has to be TIGER's chip from off the green which swings right around and is a sponsors absolute dream as all you see is white ball then on the edge of cup is the big NIKE SWOOSH then baaam in the hole!!! couldnt script that in an ad (they used the very shot in an advertisement since!!) BUT....... for me, the best, hands down, without a shadow of doubt, BUBBA's shot from the trees in last years play off. absolute quality under such high pressure. who needs lessons eh??!! 
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Agree with both of these. I'll never forget either for the rest of my life.
  • edited April 2013
    ted potter Jr 1st round 250/1 e/w and thats the last one promise!! for now................. 
  • edited April 2013
    Beginners Luck!
    First time I have selected my bet, usually follow Splashies(which I have done)

But I have gone out on a limb and tried to read afew articles and then made the following selections( all 1 pt e/w)

First Round Leader:

Jamie Donaldson  150/1
    Russell Henly 80/1

To Win Outright:
    Jason Dufner 66/1
    Bill Hass 66/1
    Keegan Bradley 22/1
    Dustin Johnson 30/1
    Nick Watney 60/1
    Stewart Cink 175/1
    John Merrick 250/1
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (The MASTERS!!!!) Year Profit: -52.19pts : Greame mcdowell - 5 top 10's in his last 8 tournaments, 5th in last years masters, finished top 15 (2 top 5's) in all four of last years majors and former major winner. Oh and he has a morning tee time tomorrow. 60/1!!
    Posted by jdsallstar
    I'm with you on Graeme Mcdowell, he ws one of my ante post bets and I'm surprised to see he is still available at 66/1.

Though you got your GMac major's mixed up there Jd.

To date The Masters has been by far the weakest major for Gmac, he's played 5 missed the cuts in 3, place tied 17th in 2009 and his best result was last year with a never in contention tied 12th.

In the past GMac has openly said he has struggled to settle at Augusta and went as far as to admit he wasn't sure he could ever really compete at The Masters.

So course form as much as anything is probably a big reason why Mcdowell is still such a big price.

All of that said, in an interview this week Mcdowell was very bullish about his chances this year and declared that for the first time he feel's he now has the all round game to win here!

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (The MASTERS!!!!) Year Profit: -52.19pts : I'm with you on Graeme Mcdowell, he ws one of my ante post bets and I'm surprised to see he is still available at 66/1. Though you got your GMac major's mixed up there Jd. To date The Masters has been by far the weakest major for Gmac, he's played 5 missed the cuts in 3, place tied 17th in 2009 and his best result was last year with a never in contention tied 12th. In the past GMac has openly said he has struggled to settle at Augusta and went as far as to admit he wasn't sure he could ever really compete at The Masters. So course form as much as anything is probably a big reason why Mcdowell is still such a big price. All of that said, in an interview this week Mcdowell was very bullish about his chances this year and declared that for the first time he feel's he now has the all round game to win here!
    Posted by TheDart
    whoops good spot! You're all sinking my gmac ship haha i think he's still decent value and normally hangs around long enough to keep me interested.

Just upgraded my sky online to included the sky sports. Half price for 3 months! only wanted it for the masters so phone up and cancel it tomorrow and get sports for 1 month for £10. Not a bad deal!
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (The MASTERS!!!!) Year Profit: -52.19pts : whoops good spot! You're all sinking my gmac ship haha i think he's still decent value and normally hangs around long enough to keep me interested. Just upgraded my sky online to included the sky sports. Half price for 3 months! only wanted it for the masters so phone up and cancel it tomorrow and get sports for 1 month for £10. Not a bad deal!
    Posted by jdsallstar
    No intention of sinking the Gmac ship, I'm a massive GMac fan, In Gmac I trust!

Just looked at the latest weather forecast and I'm not convinced the weather will make that much of a difference today, though if it does it's clear the early starters should have the best of the conditions.

Tomorrow's weather could have more of an effect, it looks pretty bleak for tomorrow morning.

If the forecasters are correct, it looks like there are 7 groups that could get the best conditions and I make that the Hanson group through to the Harrington group.

Then again if there is thunder storms today and they come off the course, the whole schedule could get moved.

Me thinks I'm in danger of getting into a little too much analysis!

I'm off to strike my first round leader bets.

• edited April 2013
    Yeah try not to get too bogged down with who has the best conditions, unless there is a serious difference. Remember only the other week at the trophee hassan, Neil backed horsey who had terrible conditions, and still got top 5 after day1. As long as they play well they should feature. They are pro's at the end of the day ;-)
  • edited April 2013
    Yeah try not to get too bogged down with who has the best conditions, unless there is a serious difference. Remember only the other week at the trophee hassan, Neil backed horsey who had terrible conditions, and still got top 5 after day1. As long as they play well they should feature. They are pro's at the end of the day ;-)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Good advice Flash but too late!

I couldn't resist a little dabble on Sky's 36 hole leader market, at ew first 5, I've gone for:

Graeme Mcdowell 55/1
    Peter Hanson 55/1
    Nicolas Colsaerts 70/1
  • edited April 2013
    Thursday 1.20pm... Is it only coincidence I find myself at home, shuffling non existant paper work??

Attn Flash and Darty, Is there any shot link on duty today? They usually out source the Majors and its not available. And while at it Darty, is there any market your not involved in this week?? Lol

Finally, did anybody take Clarkes spot when he pulled out? I'm not a fan of his, but Siem deserved the call up to replace him after his heroics at The Hassan, and getting on his bike to the USA the following week and banging in 3 good rounds after his 1st round debacle.
  • edited April 2013
    Thursday 1.20pm... Is it only coincidence I find myself at home, shuffling non existant paper work?? Attn Flash and Darty, Is there any shot link on duty today? They usually out source the Majors and its not available. And while at it Darty, is there any market your not involved in this week?? Lol Finally, did anybody take Clarkes spot when he pulled out? I'm not a fan of his, but Siem deserved the call up to replace him after his heroics at The Hassan, and getting on his bike to the USA the following week and banging in 3 good rounds after his 1st round debacle.
    Posted by joesman1
    LOl, I've been like a kid in a sweet shop!

I'm hoping I don't feel the urge to start on the in running just yet!

Doesn't look like we've got shot link today, think there's online coverage soon.

There's no reserve list for The Masters, which is a shame as Siem deserved his chance.

I see Lynn hgas birdied the first, was he one of your out there picks on the Fantasy?
  • edited April 2013

4 of us at work have all chucked in a tenner and gone £2.50 e/w on....

Ernie else 125/1
    Luke Donald 40/1
    Charl Schwartzel 25/1
    Bill Hass 66/1
    Peter Hanson 66/1
    louis Oosthuizen 28/1
    Thorbjorn Olesen 100/1
    Francesco Molinari 150/1

.....I have also got Angel Carbrera from the SP froll so hoping he does well.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (The MASTERS!!!!) Year Profit: -52.19pts : LOl, I've been like a kid in a sweet shop! I'm hoping I don't feel the urge to start on the in running just yet! Doesn't look like we've got shot link today, think there's online coverage soon. There's no reserve list for The Masters, which is a shame as Siem deserved his chance. I see Lynn hgas birdied the first, was he one of your out there picks on the Fantasy?
    Posted by TheDart
    Yeah, he played very well in last years USPGA, hence his invite here. Just think he is the type to over excel when under the radar. Good start for Westy, not!!