You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Bit annoyed to see Andres Romero up top. I backed him a couple of times last year and he did very well in the stableford comp so could of been tempted despite no form if I hadn't already mentally made up my mind.

Thought I was going to be made to look a fool when Ben Kohles started 5,5 with everyone else making birdies, but 3 birdies after that and now -2 he isn't looking too shabby. I'd like to see him finish -4 though, that should be a top 10 or nearby.
  • edited March 2013
    Well James Driscoll has finished on Flashes target for Kohles of -4, from level par after 11 to -4 is not bad at all, currently tied 6th I guess he will be within top 15 by the end of the first round, unfortunately just short for Bell and his first round market, but still competing for the tournament win.

I see kohles is -2 with 4 to play including 2 par 5's, so every chance of joining the group at -4!
  • edited March 2013
    Robert Garrigus 50/1, Flash?

He was one of your two picks last weeks, but he pulled out?

He would seem to have the game for Doral, so if you fancied him last week I'd have thought you'd be on him this week?
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Puerto Rico Open + WGC Cadillac) Year Profit: +39.5pts:
    Robert Garrigus 50/1, Flash? He was one of your two picks last weeks, but he pulled out? He would seem to have the game for Doral, so if you fancied him last week I'd have thought you'd be on him this week?
    Posted by TheDart
    Well it's the fact he withdrew that put me off him. I don't know why he WD, was it inury? If so then I wouldn't want to back a flakey player who is coming back from an injury.

Garrigus strikes me as a player who can eagle a hole just as easily as he can double bogey it, so everything has to be flowing with him which it was for a few weeks, but if there is an injury playing on his mind it could massively affect his timing and swing.
  • edited March 2013
    yeah no good for first round unfortunately but very good shout and he finished very strongly, should be firmly in the mix over the weekend for ya. 
  • edited March 2013
    Garrigus in 58th position, you obviously know what you are doing Flash :)
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Puerto Rico Open + WGC Cadillac) Year Profit: +39.5pts:
    Garrigus in 58th position, you obviously know what you are doing Flash :)
    Posted by TheDart
    Yeah. +3 and in typical Garrigus fashion he still had 3 bridies in that.

Bit of a shame that Westwood has started poorly, clearly this is just not a good course for him, with his current form he should of done very well here, but history shows he never contends at the tournie.

Happy to see Bubba right up there tied for the lead and Hanson only one shot back! 
  • edited March 2013
    I'm equally happy to see GMac tied for the lead and I just noticed Splashies has Jacobson tied for the lead!

Also great to see forum favourite for the week Peter Hanson, just one off the lead.

I'm still feeling optimistic about my picks in Puerto Rico, Driscoll is nicely placed and in DeLaet and Jones cases I'm hoping their early morning tee times today will give them the opportunity to go low.

But as we said last week.....early days, early days!!!
  • edited March 2013
    Didn't realise Splashies had gone for my man crush! Happy to see Freddie right up there, TBH I'm surprised! He normally has a good few weeks then disapears for a couple of months, but he seems to have been up there contending for a month now!
  • edited March 2013
    Peurto Rico Open Matt Jones - 50/1, bookmakers had Matt Jones priced up between 25/1 and 50/1, which is perhaps a reflection of the lack of big name winners in this event, so the bookmakers don't know which way to turn. Jones finished with the low round of the day Sunday at the Honda Classic, came 5th in this event last year and has been playing consistently solid golf for the last 6 months, good opportunity for Jones this week and at 50/1 excellent value. Graham DeLaet - 33/1, tied 9th last week despite two double bogeys in his final round, tied 9th in this event last year, I could go on, but I will summarise by saying he is getting closer to his debut win on tour and considering the weaker field, this week must be his best chance yet, pity about the odds though. WGC Graeme Mcdowell - 40/1, ticks enough of the right boxes, current form, good stats, decent course form and my favourite golfer, so at 40/1 I'm on! Peter Hanson - 60/1, I get the impression that Hanson has got at least one WGC or major in him, good performance last week including topping some of the more serious stats and a good 4th place in this event last year, great ew value. I've also done had ew doubles on these. I'm going to study a little more later, to sniff out a couple of big prices that might give me a run for my money in the WGC
    Posted by TheDart

Looking good Darty!

Unless something amazing happens, I can't see our lads (I'm including Boo Weekly here also -12) catching the 2 Argentines tomorrow, they seem to be making birdies for fun. 

Both picks still well in there in the Cadillac as well! Could well get some return on that double bet I feel.

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Puerto Rico Open + WGC Cadillac) Year Profit: +39.5pts : Looking good Darty! Unless something amazing happens, I can't see our lads (I'm including Boo Weekly here also -12) catching the 2 Argentines tomorrow, they seem to be making birdies for fun.  Both picks still well in there in the Cadillac as well! Could well get some return on that double bet I feel.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Yes, certainly getting a good run for my money this week.

Agree it looks like the opportunity of a win in Puerto Rico has gone, it will be a mad clamber for the places tomorrow.

I'm really enjoying watching GMac going toe to toe with Tiger at the moment.

I wouldn't rule out Bubba just yet, he could still make top 5.
  • edited March 2013
    I only have Bubba as win only, so he will only be playing for fantasy team points.
  • edited March 2013
    Well another week of what might have been.

A decent showing from my selections, but with Gmac the only one to make top 5, a disappointing week in the end.

The problem now is do I desert those selections that faired well, but ultimately came up short or do I keep the faith?

I guess much will depend on the value in the markets, but it's a fine line between finding value and finding a winning bet!
  • edited March 2013
    Yeah 2 weeks of thinking we were in for a storming week and come out with F-all or in your case a few quid back for G-Mac.
    Think I know who I'll go with this week, but the odds aren't great at the moment so it might be win only bets with an e/w double...
  • edited March 2013
    Got 16 pts back from Phil Mickelson coming T3, so pretty much a break even week for me.

Picking this weeks guys as we speak.
  • edited March 2013
    Some pretty boring picks this week. Bit annoyed TBH with the 2 'almost weeks' so I've just gone for 2 win onlys on both tours and win only double.
    Don't think there is a lot of point doing e/w doubles unless you are going for long odds as it soon adds up for what is actually quite a small return.

Avantha Masters

T.Jaidee 20/1 - Was very impressive a month or 2 ago, challenging every week. Had a bit of a break in the last few weeks, but hopefully working hard of his game, and he is the kind of person that can close out a tournament with a weak field like this.

G.Bhullar 30/1 - Just outside the top 100 in the OWGR and with this being his home course which nobody has played before should have a great chance.

Tampa Bay

Sergio Garcia 14/1 - Creeping up the leaderboard all year and with a few big names missing he could finally break through

Scott Piercy 33/1 - Some impressive results lately, has won before on tour and has every chance.
  • edited March 2013
    Tampa Bay

A good build up event for The Masters this week with tree-lined fairways and large fast greens. I expect the cream to rise to the top this week.

Adam Scott 4pts win @ 16/1. Not played this event these last few years, but a 3rd last week and his excellent long game should mean he'll go close this week.

Jason Dufner 2pts e/w @ 22/1. I'm unleashing the Duf this week. He's had 4 decent years in a row here in top20 or thereabouts. He's bound to hit top form sooner rather than later.

Avantha Masters

Ricardo Santos 2pts e/w @ 25/1. Finished 10th last year and has done consistently well this year so far, so is probably the form-horse of the field.

Pablo Larrazabal 2pts e/w @ 66/1. Has struggled this year so far, but maybe a change of continent will change his fortunes. Twice a winner on tour, so he knows how to win and has decent form in this event with a 5th and 18th placed finish.

4 x 0.5pt e/w Doubles
  • edited March 2013
    Sigh didn't realise it was a new course in the Avantha. Looks quite long too. Should suit Pablo I guess. Ah well, it's done now.
  • edited March 2013
    Avantha Masters

Kiradech Aphibarnrat - 40/1,
    after seeing Thailands' answer to John Daly cruising through the Asian qualifier for The Open last month (shot 63 in one round) and also finishing 3rd in an Asian tour event, I have been waiting for this week. Aphinbarnrat's biggest win to date came in India and he also finished top 10 in this event last year, be it at a different venue, he also has two other top 10's on tour and is a player who's game looks to be on the up and must be full of confidence.

Bernd Wiesberger -  40/1, I like his odds in this field, two time tour winner last year, I'm hoping this is a winning bet (first 5) as well as a good value bet!

Kristoffer Broberg - 100/1, played 13 events on the challenge tour last year, missed cut 3 times, WON 3 times, 3 other top 10's and 4 decent finishes. Finished 2nd in his second event on the main tour this season, followed that with 4 missed cuts, but last time out finished 35th, so if coming back to form, form means a place high on the leaderboard for this guy, so at 100/1 I'm taking my chances on the rookie who likes to win!
  • edited March 2013
    Tampa Bay

Webb Simpson - 20/1
    , Great course form, steady to improving current form, I feel he's been a little under the radar and I fancy he might be ready to win again on a course he obviously enjoy's playing.

Graham DeLaet - 80/1, I've pinpointed The Houston Open at the end of the month where Delaet has his best chance to get his debut win, so perhaps I should leave him alone until then. Trouble is his  stats are improving instead of tailing off which tells me his game is in really good shape and if anything is getting stronger each week, he's 80/1, ranked 3rd in ball striking, 6th in GIR and ranked 7th in total driving for goodness sake!!!

Matt Jones - 100/1,in his last 2 tournaments, Jones has been one of the players to score the low round of the day, he did it in the final round at the Honda Classic and the 3rd round in Puerto Rico, that is pretty impressive in my book. He can also be found high up on many of the tour stats, in fact he is 5th on the tours 'all round' ranking which takes into accounts the 8 main stats, one, two, three are Sendeker, Woods and Henley, all winners on tour this year. So show me the man just behind Snedeker and Woods who is shooting low rounds of the day and is 100/1 and I'm on!!!
  • edited March 2013
    Not really had a look this week, I know TheDart has smahsed the crossbar the last couple of weeks so just gonig with him this week £10ew on each of his slections, as well as a host of £5ew doubles
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Tampa Bay + Avantha Masters) Year Profit: +35.81pts:
    Not really had a look this week, I know TheDart has smahsed the crossbar the last couple of weeks so just gonig with him this week £10ew on each of his slections, as well as a host of £5ew doubles
    Posted by shuv
    Now I've never wanted a winner so much!

It's not easy picking winners in fields of 156 but I can at least say there's a little knowledge and research gone into those selections.

Good luck at  Cheltenham Shuv, I will probably be backing a few of your tips there, so let's hope we have a good week :)
  • edited March 2013
    A bit of duplication this week as I fancy two of Darts picks.

In Europe, Aphibarnrat ew @ 40/1 and Kapur ew @ 30/1. In the US Simpson ew 18/1 and Donald ew 16/1. 4 x ew doubles. 

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Tampa Bay + Avantha Masters) Year Profit: +35.81pts:
    A bit of duplication this week as I fancy two of Darts picks. In Europe, Aphibarnrat ew @ 40/1 and Kapur ew @ 30/1. In the US Simpson ew 18/1 and Donald ew 16/1. 4 x ew doubles. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Good Luck Neil (with two of your picks anyway) ;)

I see you've taken the lead in the fantasy comp, in response I spent an extra 5 minutes studying!
  • edited March 2013
    Well I've got a plane to catch and I may be some time, so good luck all.

If I'm not back before March 28th, I leave you with this.....

The Houston Open - Graham DeLaet!!!!!
  • edited March 2013
    Just checked the Avantha Masters leaderboard.

-11 1st place :O  5 shot lead after 1st round.

Pablo doing well T15 I'll take as a decent start.
  • edited March 2013
    Are you on Ben Kohles, Charles? 6th as we speak.
  • edited March 2013
    Yeh, I have a £1 e/w @ 200/1 :-)
  • edited March 2013
    I have Adam Scott in my fantasy picks as well... Just need Garcia, Simpson and Piercy to follow in their tracks in the afternoon session.

p.s Cheers for messing Ben Kholes up, 2 bogies in 3 holes after you made that post lol
  • edited March 2013
    I have Adam Scott in my fantasy picks as well... Just need Garcia, Simpson and Piercy to follow in their tracks in the afternoon session. p.s Cheers for messing Ben Kholes up, 2 bogies in 3 holes after you made that post lol
    Posted by FlashFlush
    No worries mate, my bets looking good. Scott 1st Dufner 3rd and Pablo Larrazabal 4 shots off lead in India.