You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited March 2013
    glglg, but the last 2 weeks have shown us how much things can change in 1 day let alone the whole weekend. Fingers crossed!
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Tampa Bay + Avantha Masters) Year Profit: +35.81pts:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Tampa Bay + Avantha Masters) Year Profit: +35.81pts : No worries mate, my bets looking good. Scott 1st Dufner 3rd and Pablo Larrazabal 4 shots off lead in India.
    Posted by splashies
    Does this mean I'm doing well?
    Do not follow it, only splashies tips.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Tampa Bay + Avantha Masters) Year Profit: +35.81pts:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Tampa Bay + Avantha Masters) Year Profit: +35.81pts : Does this mean I'm doing well? Do not follow it, only splashies tips.
    Posted by wynne1938
    Yeh so far so good at Tampa Bay with both players in top5. 

In avantha, Pablo Larrazabal is T23 so maybe a chance of place money if he has a good last round.
  • edited March 2013
    Nice picks Darty and Neil on the European tour! I must say I've never heard of Aphibarnrat... Aiken is looking pretty strong there though...

Shocking week in the R2D for me, all the names I looked at and then felt they might not hav a good week have come through and are all at the top. lol
  • edited March 2013
    Nice picks Darty and Neil on the European tour! I must say I've never heard of Aphibarnrat... Aiken is looking pretty strong there though... Shocking week in the R2D for me, all the names I looked at and then felt they might not hav a good week have come through and are all at the top. lol
    Posted by FlashFlush

More annoyed over Nirat having backed him in running Thurs night @ 25/1. Still got 5 in the top 12 though. And like yourself no doubt, very annoyed leaving Aitken out. So nearly put Horsley in too.
  • edited March 2013
    Well yet another crossbar smashed with a 2nd place!

Still think I was right to only back him to win though, if I was going e/w @ 30/1 with all the other bets I would still be making a loss so not a lot of point really.

Fingers crossed for Ben Kohles tonight, I've got a good feeling, he is a couple of groups back from the final group so hasn't got as much pressure on him, he is in the group behind Donald who could be a major threat so he can see every shot he plays, and also he is with Greg Chalmers again same as yesterday, so that will be some comfort.
  • edited March 2013
    I'd just come on here to congratulate u on your part win. Hadn't noticed u were on win only, so unlucky mate. I'd be happy for u to win with Kohles tonight as Donald just placing would give me a 47/1 double. 
  • edited March 2013
    I'd just come on here to congratulate u on your part win. Hadn't noticed u were on win only, so unlucky mate. I'd be happy for u to win with Kohles tonight as Donald just placing would give me a 47/1 double. 
    Posted by joesman1
    I think you have more chance of Donald winning. I'd just be happy with a top 5 TBH... With 12 people within 2 shots I'm far from 'expecting' a return.
  • edited March 2013
    Well done Neil on the e/w double.

Gutted Kohles missed the top 5 by 1 shot, but he did miss 2 6 footers and a 10 footer on the back nine :-(
  • edited March 2013
    Well done Neil on the e/w double. Gutted Kohles missed the top 5 by 1 shot, but he did miss 2 6 footers and a 10 footer on the back nine :-(
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Cheers Charles, I gotta admit, felt for u when I saw him chipping out of the water, then missing those putts. Full respect to the winner though, didn't he play well??

Also noted that Donald has said he is flying to Malaysia to play there this week. It must be all of 12/13 hours ahead of Florida there, plus the 18 hour (2*flights). He is gonna be a short priced fav and be knackered when he lands, Tuesday at the earliest. Although good enough to be in the fantasy team, can't surely be fancied to win??

Edit:- I'm bored so just done some homework, if he could arrive at Heathrow by 10.50am Mon morning, he could catch a direct flight to Kuala Lumpa and arrive 7.10am local time Tues am. 

Edit 2:- Gawd I must be bored AND sad lol. There's a flight out of Tampa @ 20.50 local time tonight that gets into Gatwick 9am in the morning. Right bed time.
  • edited March 2013
    I was thinking the exact same thing Neil. I was tempted to go for a bigger sized bet, and just do Woods / Donald wins, but the jet lag must surely play a part... I saw Schwartzel was on the entry list, and he didn't play at the weekend, so chances are he is already there and has a better chance...

EDIT: Oh my christ! Just seen Woods is 3/1 !! I thought he might be about 7/1, don't think I'll be backing him then lol
  • edited March 2013
    I was thinking the exact same thing Neil. I was tempted to go for a bigger sized bet, and just do Woods / Donald wins, but the jet lag must surely play a part... I saw Schwartzel was on the entry list, and he didn't play at the weekend, so chances are he is already there and has a better chance... EDIT: Oh my christ! Just seen Woods is 3/1 !! I thought he might be about 7/1, don't think I'll be backing him then lol
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Yeah Charles I think I'll be siding with a decent wedge win only on Schwartzel, in the hope like u said he arrived early. He would be 3/1 ish himself if Donald wasn't playing. As for Woods, his 3/1 odds is down to his track record at this event, pretty impressive. Might do a straight win double with Schwartzel. If he does win this week,  his 5/1 quote for The Masters will soon disappear too. 
  • edited March 2013
    Arnold Palmer

Sergio Garcia 2.5pts e/w @ 22/1. Has 5 top 10's here in last 10 years, along with 3rd and 7th in his last two starts on tour.

Graeme McDowell 2.5pts e/w @ 25/1. Finished in top10 in his lat3 starts this year. Has also managed two 2nd place finished in his 5 attempts in The Arnold Palmer.

Malaysian Open

Charl Schwartzel 6pts win @ 6/1. Like others in this thread i fancy him to go close. 11th and 6th place finished in this tourny in last 2 years.

Pablo Larrazabal 1.5pts e/w @ 80/1. I'm sticking with Pablo again. Very encouraging week last week finishing T17, looks to be finding some form. Has 2 top 25's in this tournament in last 2 years.

4 x 0.5pt e/w Doubles.
  • edited March 2013
    Well done guys last week btw. Seems like we go close every week now. Ul with Kohles flash, so close yet so far :(

• edited March 2013
    Malaysain Open

Charl Schwartzel 6/1 - Picks himself, his recent form especially on the European tour is redic!

Lee Slattery 125/1 - Hasn't missed a cut for 4-5 weeks now and if he can hold it together for 4 rounds for a change, in a field like this he could make a top 5.

Arnold Palmer

Tiger Woods 11/4 - Picks himself

Bubba Watson 28/1 - Currently in great form, and has really become a top profesional, being in contention nearly every time he plays. 4th here last year and 24th the year before even after shooting 78 on Sunday.

Ben Kohles 150/1 - Obvious reasons...

I've done £1 e/w doubles on all those and a £5 win double for Tiger + Charl.
  • edited March 2013
    Right gonna do Schwartzel win only whilst a bit of 6/1 is still available. Been thinking, Woods 3/1 (ok, most obv' winner by a street)..... Or Mickelson (on a course he also loves) 18/1 - which means 9/2 to be just placed. So it's Phil the 'thrill' ew 18/1. I'll also pop him AND woods in a win only double with Schwartzel. I'll find an outsider to back ew in Malaysia tomorrow.

gl guys
  • edited March 2013
    Been looking into the different markets available in golf tournaments, in particular, tournament match betting.

Going to try these out for next few weeks. This week's bet is....

Schwartzel to beat Donald
    Furyk to beat Poulter

10pts Double @ 2.43/1

Schwartzel has a much better record in Asia than Donald. Luke's best finish in Asia is T6th in 2005.
    Furyk has a very solid record at Bay Hill and had a very decent week last week. Poults has missed the cut in 4 out of his 7 appearances here.
  • edited March 2013
    Looks a decent bet to me! I think if I was was for that kind of bet I'd got for the same.

Golf bets to me personally though are a week long bet that I write off and hope to get some $ back at the end of the week. If not I try and make more $ back through poker...  That's why sometimes I have a break in golf betting because it's just all or nothing, so doing a 4 day bet for 3/1 just isn't my cup of tea. GL though mate, I really do hope Schwartzel beats Donald ;-)
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Arnold Palmer + Malaysian Open) Year Profit: +15.81pts:
    Right gonna do Schwartzel win only whilst a bit of 6/1 is still available. Been thinking, Woods 3/1 (ok, most obv' winner by a street)..... Or Mickelson (on a course he also loves) 18/1 - which means 9/2 to be just placed. So it's Phil the 'thrill' ew 18/1. I'll also pop him AND woods in a win only double with Schwartzel. I'll find an outsider to back ew in Malaysia tomorrow. gl guys
    Posted by joesman1
    Rather than 18/1 with Woods, I took the 14/1 whilst it was still there with Paddy P for Mickleson ew without Woods, but put a bit extra on to cover the lossed 4 points (least i dont have to worry about Woods going silly now). Did the same with the win only double with Schwartzel. As said above, still did the Woods/Schwartzel double too. My ew picks in Malaysia are Jacquelin 66/1 and Webster 70/1.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Arnold Palmer + Malaysian Open) Year Profit: +15.81pts:
    Been looking into the different markets available in golf tournaments, in particular, tournament match betting. Going to try these out for next few weeks. This week's bet is.... Schwartzel to beat Donald Furyk to beat Poulter 10pts Double @ 2.43/1 Schwartzel has a much better record in Asia than Donald. Luke's best finish in Asia is T6th in 2005. Furyk has a very solid record at Bay Hill and had a very decent week last week. Poults has missed the cut in 4 out of his 7 appearances here.
    Posted by splashies
    +1
  • edited March 2013
    Arnold palmer - 1st round leader

Bud Cauley 100/1  £5 e/w

Brian harman 100/1  £5 e/w 

Others on short list were Carl Petterson, Harris English, g mac , lucas glover and Furyk but these 2 shall have to do!!

• edited March 2013
    So after a 3rd suspension due to storms the tournament has been reduced to a 54 hole comp. Not sure if this will favour Schwartzel or not, time will tell, certianly means he can't make any mistakes. As for my other bet, that's really bad news for Slattery who hasn't had a good start to his 3rd round and has very little chance of making top 5 now :(
  • edited March 2013
    Yeh I don't think it's fair on those 4/5/6 shots back who have completed 1/2 of their round. Hope Pablo can squeeze into a top 5 spot.
  • edited March 2013
    So after a 3rd suspension due to storms the tournament has been reduced to a 54 hole comp. Not sure if this will favour Schwartzel or not, time will tell, certianly means he can't make any mistakes. As for my other bet, that's really bad news for Slattery who hasn't had a good start to his 3rd round and has very little chance of making top 5 now :(
    Posted by FlashFlush
    1st I've heard of this. Not sure myself, hopefully he will get up and down on his current hole, then defo be only 1 behind max. Eventually class would tell so u would think over 2 rounds he would have hit the front. Annoyed with myself for not backing Aphibarnrat again this week, massive own goal. Really frustrated with Woods finish last night too. watching it on shot link from a poker tournament made it even more frustrating. 

Come on Schwartzel, need u regardless of what Woods does as its my biggest ever win only single on golf. Least we called the Donald situation correctly. I so wanted to leave him out of my fantasy team, but didn't dare risk getting it wrong and thousands having him on their team as a winner. 
  • edited March 2013
    What a day for Tiger! Keeps the dream alive for now!

Considering the Malaysian Open starts at 1.45am our time I won't be seeing any of that, so I hope I wake up with a boosted BR in the morning.

Come to think of it, I have a pool competition tomorrow night as well, so not sure how much of the Arnold Palmer I'll see either. Could be a blessing...
  • edited March 2013
    What a day for Tiger! Keeps the dream alive for now! Considering the Malaysian Open starts at 1.45am our time I won't be seeing any of that, so I hope I wake up with a boosted BR in the morning. Come to think of it, I have a pool competition tomorrow night as well, so not sure how much of the Arnold Palmer I'll see either. Could be a blessing...
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I'll be up 3 ish I guess and speed watch til I catch up. I'll be gutted if Schwartzel doesn't come good now. Mega bucks of 'face spitter' proportions if the double comes in. Come on Charley boy!!!
  • edited March 2013
    Yeah good luck with it Neil! I don't know how much you've got on, but I know you like a big bet so I'm guessing it's pretty hefty! glglglgl
  • edited March 2013
    Yeh I don't think it's fair on those 4/5/6 shots back who have completed 1/2 of their round. Hope Pablo can squeeze into a top 5 spot.
    Posted by splashies
    How r u doing with your bet?
  • edited March 2013
    Sighhhhhhhhh

Schwartzel birdie on the 18th cost me a place finish for Pablo who finished 6th. Talk about run bad.

We havent won a penny this week Wynne :(

I've had a decent fantasy week though.
  • edited March 2013
    Yeah good luck with it Neil! I don't know how much you've got on, but I know you like a big bet so I'm guessing it's pretty hefty! glglglgl
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Yep, did my nuts in. Talked myself into thinking he only had to play half decent to win this if Donald under performed. If he and Woods both won it was worth hmmmm 26k. (Yep that's the truth, Rosjim could back that up. I don't bet that big normally, but played up a bit of last weeks ew double and my poker win). Oh and it gets worse, yesterday I put a footy acca on and included Athibarnrat on the last leg. If the footy came up I had £2000 going on him at 11/4 as protection. Only one team let me down, oh yes the team u went to watch, AGAIN!!!! Have to lol at that.