You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (Northern Trust + Africa Open) Year Profit: -47.5pts:
    Close call for a few of you there, still a couple of good ew returns for Flash and Joesman. I managed to save myself with 16/1 on Fichardt in running on day 2, no profit, just covered my losses, which I supppose isn't bad for 4 days 'entertainment'. First thoughts for Matchplay are Schwartzel, if I can get 20/1 or greater I'll be on.
    Posted by TheDart
    This was the exact same thinking as me! ... 2nd pick Poulter... If I decide a 3rd then Westwood, but after his last couple of rounds at the weekend that's put me off a bit.
  • edited February 2013
    Didn't realise you had Haas e/w, thought you only had him straight up so that's good. Couldn't believe how he played last night, that was shocking!! It's hard to put 4 good rounds in though I suppose, and it's always magnified if your bad round is on a Sunday.
  • edited February 2013
    Well as I've said before I bet with Skybet as that's where my money is, but unfortunatly they have the worst odds for Schwartzel @ 16/1 ... I'm going to leave it for a bit and hope they push him out to 18/1 like everyone else (Some even have 20/1). 

As it's only 1 event this week I can spread my bets a bit, so the plan is Charl, Garcia (Great odds at 30/1 in current form!) Westwood and Poults... This works out well as all 4 of these are in different brackets! I am tempted to go with Jaidee e/w @ 150 as he is in great form lately and is way overpriced. Apart from his last round he has finished top 10 5 tournies in a row! Only problem with him is he has Garcia in the 1st round...
  • edited February 2013
    WGC Accenture Matchplay

In agreement with you guys on Charl.

4pts e/w Charl Schwartzel @ 20/1

3pts e/w Matt Kuchar @ 40/1. Made semi's and quarters in last 2 years.

3pts e/w Nick Watney @ 40/1. Reach quarters last 3 years. I like the look of his bracket too.
  • edited February 2013
    Fortunately my 4 fancies are all in separate quarters. And Splashies I hope u 'run good' this week, as my picks are very similar to yours. Schwartzel, Kuchar, Watney, and Kaymer. If 1 of them reaches the semi final, I get my money back at the very least. 
  • edited February 2013
    Well the odds got pushed out on all my picks so I've taken the plunge. Gone a bit more 'Gun Ho' on my bets and they are all win only apart from Jaidee which I might regret!

Schwartzel 18/1
    Poulter 20/1
    Westwood 28/1
    Garcia 33/1

Jaidee 150/1 e/w
  • edited February 2013
    ive done a £1 unit yankee, one from each bracket to win their section to get to 'semis' as it where, think the matchplays a great spot for a perm bet such as this

oosthuisen 5/1
    schwartzel 5/1
    mahan 7/1
    stenson 12/1

will be good to cheer them on over the week hopefully get a bit of a sweat

and £10 e/w stenson outright at a big price so thought hed be worth a punt 66/1
  • edited February 2013
    and dont forget the bracket challenge on the pga site , think its part of this weeks fantasy comp
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (WGC Accenture Matchplay) Year Profit: -72.5pts:
    and dont forget the bracket challenge on the pga site , think its part of this weeks fantasy comp
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Glad you pointed this out. I hadn't seen it! 

It doesn't look like it's anything to do with the normal league, but should be fun!
  • edited February 2013

Gonna have a fiver this week as this is a fun event to watch. 

Have no idea about form, the last golf I properly watched was the Ryder Cup.

Which made me very surprised when I saw Ian Poulter @ 45/1 as he was awesome in that. 

Went over to oddschecker to see if this was an outstanding price, or if all the bookies had him around this number, and realised I was looking @ the market to win the Masters. sigh. 

It means I have £1 ew on him to take that down anyway! Whenever it is. 

Went back and saw him @ only 22/1 this week, so had my fiver on Colsearts, £1 ew @ 66/1 and Tigerrrrrrrrrrrr £3 win @ 12/1 (mainly because every single shot he plays is normally live on TV, so it will be fun to rail the bet. I'm sure he'd win this once every 13 times too)

GL all. 

• edited February 2013
    Right as I'm pretty obsessed with golf betting at the moment I'm going to smash it on the match bets. Going to do all the singles, and do a load of doubles/trebles accas etc... I'll use this thread as kind of a diary like Shuvs... They are all very small bets, like 30p at a time sort of bets, I just want to spread the love and hopefully come out in the positive. I highly doubt this though and I'm probably setting fire to money here.

More to follow....
  • edited February 2013
    Just two bets for me this week

Hunter Mayhan 25/1 £10ew

That was gonig to be my only bet but I nkow what Dohhhh's luck is like and after reading his post gone for....

Ian Poulter 22/1 £10ew
  • edited February 2013
    Singles all 30p

Garcia v Jaidee 4/7 Won 47p
    Kuchar v Fujita 2/5 Won 42p
    Poulter V Gallacher 4/9 Won 43p
    Van Pelt v Senden 6/5 Lost
    Schwartzel V Henley 4/9 Lost
    Day v Johnson 4/6 Won 45p
    Dufner v Sterne 5/4 Won 67p
    Mahan v Mannassero 4/7 Won 47p
    Rose v Choi 8/15 Won 46p
    Haas v Colsaerts 1/1 Won 60p
    Scott v Clark 1/2 Lost
    Olseson v Donaldson 1/1 Lost
    Watson v Wood 8/15 Won 46p
    Furyk v Moore 5/6 Lost
    Westwood v Cabrera Bello 1/2 Lost
    Kaymer v Coetzee 6/5 Lost
    Bradley v Fraser 1/2 Lost
    Els v Jacobson 5/6 Won 55p
    Stenson v Stricker 10/11 Won 57p
    Watney v Toms 8/15 Won 46p
    D.Johnson v Noren 4/7 Lost
    McDowell v Harrington 5/6 Won 55p
    Simpson v Lynn 2/5 Won 42p
    Hanson v Bjorn 8/13 Won 48p
    Garrigus v Grace 4/6 Won 50p
    Oosthuizen v Ramsay 2/5 Won 42p
    Donald v Siem 2/5 Won 42p
    Piercy v Lawrie 11/10 Lost
    McIlroy v Lowry 2/5 Lost
    Woods v Howell 4/9 Lost
    Fowler v Petterson 5/4 Won 67p
    Molinari v Castano 8/11 Lost

Total spend - £9.60
    Total Return - £9.47 

• edited February 2013
    10x 30p doubles

Scott
    Mahan
    Schwartzel
    Poulter
    Kucher

Spend - £3
    Return - £1.95
  • edited February 2013
    Trebles

(Outsiders punt)
    Garrigus
    Petterson
    Lawrie
    20p

McIlroy
    Hanson
    Simpson
    50p

Donald
    Oosthuizen
    Westwood
    40p

Spend - £1.10
    Return - 0
  • edited February 2013
    Acca

Kuchar
    Scott
    Poults
    Oosthuizen
    Simpson
    20p

Acca#2

Mahan
    Bradley
    Hanson
    McIlroy
    Stricker
    20p

Spend - 40p
    Return - 0
  • edited February 2013
    Gl all.

I've gone for Mannessero (standard) ,  Oosthuizen and Bubba Watson.

Would love to see Tiger win it aswell.   But no bet.
  • edited February 2013
    Don't want to count chickens and all that, but it was going quite well before the snow came! 23 games were underway and I had 12 winning and 6 of the other 11 were A/S so only 5 losing... None of my doubles/trebles acca picks were losing they are all either ahead, A/S or not tee'd off yet. A long way to go and it can all change!

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (WGC Accenture Matchplay) Year Profit: -72.5pts:
    Don't want to count chickens and all that, but it was going quite well before the snow came! 23 games were underway and I had 12 winning and 6 of the other 11 were A/S so only 5 losing... None of my doubles/trebles acca picks were losing they are all either ahead, A/S or not tee'd off yet. A long way to go and it can all change!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Don't get 'snowed under' counting all your cash Charles lol..... That was VERY weird yesterday, seeing all the cactus trees covered in snow
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (WGC Accenture Matchplay) Year Profit: -72.5pts : Don't get 'snowed under' counting all your cash Charles lol..... That was VERY weird yesterday, seeing all the cactus trees covered in snow
    Posted by joesman1
    Looking at the odds of the singles, I think I would still only break even on singles at best as some are very short. The deciding factor would be the double/treble/accas
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2013 Season! (WGC Accenture Matchplay) Year Profit: -72.5pts : Looking at the odds of the singles, I think I would still only break even on singles at best as some are very short. The deciding factor would be the double/treble/accas
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Be positive.....You will smash them today when they all come in. Will add up to a god few bob. Gl
  • edited February 2013
    Pretty frustrating day as you can see! All 3 trebles missing out by only 1 player (Providing Petterson finishes the job vs Fowler). 1 of the accas only missed by 1 as well!

Pretty happy with the picks I made, 1 or 2 I maybe went the wrong way with them, but picked a couple out to win that wern't favourites and I felt they had the form to win and they did the job.

A few of them were just big shocks i/e Woods, McIlroy, Scott, Schwartzel and Westwood so not a lot I can do about that... I'll have a look later and do some rd2 picks if they are available. Probably won't be until after the school run as I'm pretty busy today for a change!
  • edited February 2013
    OK I'm sure you have all been on the edge of your seats waiting for my 30p bets so here goes :-) ... I have changed the value of my single bets so the ones I feel more comfortable with are 50p, and less so are either 40p or 30p...

Singles

Rose v Colsaerts 11/10 30p Won 63p
    Garcia v Kuchar 10/11 30p Lost
    Oleson v Clark 4/5 40p Lost
    Poulter v Van Pelt 813 30p Won 48p
    Watson v Furyk 8/11 50p Won 86p
    Day v Henley 8/13 30p Won 48p
    Kaymer v Bello 4/7 50p Won 79p
    Mahan v Sterne 4/7 40p Won 63p
    Oosthuizen v Garrigus 4/6 40p Lost
    Jacobsen v Fraser 4/7 40p Won 63p
    Donald v Piercy 4/7 30p Lost
    Watney v Stricker 1/1 40p Won 80p
    McDowell v Noren 1/1 40p Lost
    Simpson v Hanson 8/13 50p Won 81p

Total Stake - £5.40
    Total Return - £6.11
  • edited February 2013
    Doubles

Colsaerts
    Oleson
    Poulter
    Watson
    Kaymer

10x 30p

Total Stake - £3
    Ttoal Return - £5.51
  • edited February 2013
    Trebles

20p
    Kaymer
    Watson
    Jacobsen

20p
    Mahan
    Simpson
    Noren

Total Stake - 40p
    Total Return - 85p
  • edited February 2013
    Acca

Noren
    Mahan
    Kaymer
    Watson
    Oleson

Stake - 20p
    Return - 0
  • edited February 2013
    got about 21 out of the 32 matches results right on the fantasy bracket predictor by my count so quite chuffed with that! got the scalp of tiger to boot!  : D
  • edited February 2013
    Noooo Flash, betting against my boys Watney + Kuchar. :(
  • edited February 2013
    So the 1st round is finally finished... 3 days later!

Total staked £14.1
    Total return £11.42

Summary - -£2.68

Well £2.68 down overall, but it made the matchplay more fun to watch, especially as 3 of my 5 initial picks are already out!

@Splashies - That should be a good thing for you! More chance they will win if I have gone against them. lol
  • edited February 2013
    Well I'm off to bed now... I will update the rest in the morning when I get the results. I've got my own golf comp to play in the morning and need the sleep!

P.S I thought Watson had blown it for me there! Thankfully he held on and I'm in profit with still a few more results to come in.